3 hours ago, Ghostworrior said:

You just can grab an callculator and do some math.

360° = 6400 mil

so

1° = 17.777777778 mil

but indeed it would be cool for example to load manually like the mk6 does in ace

Hello, thanks for your answer, but even if this works, it's not possible without the artillery computer to change the "Charge" (Charge 0 : Very Close / Charge 01 : Close / Charge 02 : Medium / etc...), so I don't think it's possible right now to play with the M252 without the artillery computer, I hope ACE3 team or RHS will do something about it ! 

20 hours ago, bkktmkkt said:

Hi RHS!

Will you make 6ш122?

Reveal hidden contents

%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%81%D0%B8%D0%B9%D1%
1483019452265212143.jpg
IMG_0762-1000x1000.png

Bad question mate ;)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, James Sullivan said:

it's not possible without the artillery computer to change the "Charge" (Charge 0 : Very Close / Charge 01 : Close / Charge 02 : Medium / etc...)

IIRC, using the Change Fire Mode key switches between the different close, medium, far etc muzzles on Artillery in Arma 3.

You just don't get any visual indicators that the mode changed, since you're not really supposed to do it this way without the arty computer.

With RHS updating current content to fall in-line with the new engine sensor systems, are the PRV-13 and P-37 radars (currently only (kickass looking) set dressing) going to be upgraded as well? I know the ZSU-23-4 has a radar tracking range of 20km, which covers >90% of even the largest terrains in the worst case scenario, which kind of makes them redundant, but I also think that it would force people to fly more tactically even further out.

Keep up the good work, guys.

• Like 2

I think that a tracking radar with 20km range on Shilka won't be game-breaking, if only for the fact that guns themselves don't have that kind of range and the distance is in straight line... which means that you only get 20km range at ground level. The actual detection range is going to be lower, as the higher you fly, the longer the distance between the AA vehicle and the plane, and if you fly very low you won't be fished out of ground clutter until you've close. Also, 20km is the best case scenario for a nonstealthy aircraft - F22 and PAK-FA will get spotted at a much later point.

I do hope that RHS gets better AA in general, even if only in form of some Strela-equipped vehicles for the Russians (US mobile AA was never very good and usually short-lived in service). Shilka is just inadequate against modern aircraft, except for helos and things like A-10. Unless the fast movers do something incredibly stupid, most of the time you need missiles to take them down. I'd really love to see 9K31 Strela-1M and HMMVW Avenger added for that purpose, but the team probably has its hands full already.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I think that a tracking radar with 20km range on Shilka won't be game-breaking, if only for the fact that guns themselves don't have that kind of range and the distance is in straight line... which means that you only get 20km range at ground level. The actual detection range is going to be lower, as the higher you fly, the longer the distance between the AA vehicle and the plane, and if you fly very low you won't be fished out of ground clutter until you've close. Also, 20km is the best case scenario for a nonstealthy aircraft - F22 and PAK-FA will get spotted at a much later point.

I do hope that RHS gets better AA in general, even if only in form of some Strela-equipped vehicles for the Russians (US mobile AA was never very good and usually short-lived in service). Shilka is just inadequate against modern aircraft, except for helos and things like A-10. Unless the fast movers do something incredibly stupid, most of the time you need missiles to take them down. I'd really love to see 9K31 Strela-1M and HMMVW Avenger added for that purpose, but the team probably has its hands full already.

The radar on the Shilka isn't for targeting, and has trouble tracking targets inside of 7-8km apparently. All it does is provide an early warning that something this way comes. Which is why the stand alone radar systems would be neat, as you could script reinforcements if detected by radar.

• Like 1

75tnrfV.jpg

UB-32 Rocket Pod

• Like 43

Wow. This is amazing, I wish BIS models were of the same quality... Is this the high-poly model, or the one that's going to go into the game (I'd bet on the former, but you never know with RHS :))?

BTW, that R-27 from the previous page looks great, too. 

7 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Wow. This is amazing, I wish BIS models were of the same quality... Is this the high-poly model, or the one that's going to go into the game (I'd bet on the former, but you never know with RHS :))?

if you see a textured model posted, it is always gonna be the one used in the game = low poly model. ;)

• Like 4

That's' really something. Can't wait to see it in game. Between that and missile guidance updates, flying helicopters are going to be a whole new level of fun.

2 hours ago, b00ce said:

The radar on the Shilka isn't for targeting, and has trouble tracking targets inside of 7-8km apparently. All it does is provide an early warning that something this way comes. Which is why the stand alone radar systems would be neat, as you could script reinforcements if detected by radar.

The guns are linked to it, so it can, in fact, used for gunlaying, though at close ranges it's not too reliable against fast-moving aircraft. I'm not sure how automated it actually is.

7 hours ago, bek said:

UB-32 Rocket Pod

How many modifications  you planning for S-5 ?

Hey guys, not sure if this is a bug or I'm not using it correctly, but I can't seem to use the AGM-114K Hellfire on the AH-64.

I figured out the AGM-114L but not the K.

Am I supposed to be able to use the laser designator then lock onto it's mark with the 114K? From what I found on the internet its some kind of laser guided , but I can't seem to figure it out in game.

The targeting system and all sensors were overhauled, so anything using the old system may have stopped working properly. It'll most likely be fixed in the next update.

Doesn anyone have trouble with assault using BMP/BMD with infantry? I dont know what trigger it (possible its "combat" behavior) but they disembark then get in vehicle and stop in one place, and its endless loop untill you kill them.

Nice one. Usefulness of pistols in ArmA is limited in general, but a silenced variant will be occasionally useful, I guess.

On 6/9/2017 at 4:34 AM, radioheadmemes said:

Will you be adding M1 helmets with coverings?

The CUP mod has M1 helmets with ERDL and M81 covers. But, the models and textures aren't that good compared to RHS' quality

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Capt Keenan said:

is the mtvr in the works still 

As far as I know, its in the same boat as the MT-LB and on hold until further notice. I don't remember why exactly, but the artist hasn't been around in quite some time if I remember right.

What is the difference between the SU-230/PVS and the SU-230A/PVS RHSUSAF sight aswell as the 3 different RCOs, (ACOGs) the M150, AN/PVQ-31A and TA31? If there is any website where I could find that out myself it would be great if you shared it, expect the RHS wiki since its pretty empty. Thanks in advance!

On 6/11/2017 at 7:44 PM, dragon01 said:

I'd really love to see 9K31 Strela-1M and HMMVW Avenger added for that purpose, but the team probably has its hands full already.

I had a similar question a long time ago, I ask if they were going to add more then just the 50cal and Mk19 to the HMMVW ( like the Tow launcher, Avenger, and even add the medivac HMMVW ) to have somthing faster then the m113 medivac, to keep up with the convoy. But like you said I'm sure they have there hands full. 

6 hours ago, Sgt.Makarov said:

What is the difference between the SU-230/PVS and the SU-230A/PVS RHSUSAF sight aswell as the 3 different RCOs, (ACOGs) the M150, AN/PVQ-31A and TA31? If there is any website where I could find that out myself it would be great if you shared it, expect the RHS wiki since its pretty empty. Thanks in advance!

SU-230 = 5.56

SU-230A = 7.62NATO

M150 = M4 carbine (14.5-inch barrel) 5.56

AN/PVQ-31A = M16A4 (20-inch barrel) 5.56

*NOT IN RHS AFAIK* AN/PVQ-31B = M4 carbine (14.5-inch barrel) 5.56

Think the TA31 is just calibrated for 5.56 + doesn't come with a killflash ARD as standard.

• Like 7

Note that you really shouldn't use the machine gun optics (M145 and SU260) on rifles and vice versa, while it's totally possible, the different barrel characteristics mean that BDC may not be accurate and you'll either be overshooting or undershooting. Use of the 230 on MGs is really limited to "para" barrel minimis and Mk 48s, the 230A does not like full-barrel M240s

• Like 2

I switched the rhs public server over to rotate between Dynamic Recon Ops - Malden 2035 and Altis, so you can jump on there if you want to check Malden out.

• Like 6