Is there some sort of guide out there for how the aircraft and their various weapons work? It's really frustrating trying to just figure things out and having absolutely nothing happen. I have yet to get an air to air missile to do much of anything. RHS stuff doesn't seem quite similar enough to vanilla for that to be helpful. Any documentation on what to do to get things working? Even simple breakdowns like "this weapon uses this type of lock which requires X input from user and has a range of Y, used against Z type targets" would be hugely useful.

• Like 6

A quick question. Why do the models in the renderer screenshots posted on the FB Page look much more detailed than the ones in game?

4 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

A quick question. Why do the models in the renderer screenshots posted on the FB Page look much more detailed than the ones in game?

My guess would be that these pictures are of the high-poly models used to create detailed normal maps for the low-poly ingame LODs.

If it's not textured then you're probably seeing the highpoly yes. If you're talking about textured assets it's because Arma shaders aren't the best and don't support certain features that more modern engines do. In-game lighting also isn't that great, especially compared to to things like Marmoset Toolbag (likely what the out-of-game screenshots are from) / UE4. Additionally in-game textures are in a compressed format, and potentially at a lower resolution.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jerminhu said:

As others pointed out, if it is textured then that is the final product but usually presented in Marmoset or other PBR renderer as that is where majority of artists present their work. Arma graphical engine works in a rather different way and thus the results look different. 

Quick question, what's the go with the one eyed nvg the U.S use? Is it some sort of tactical advantage, always been curious. 

you remain a kind of peripheral vision because on eye isn't covered with the goggles

and 2 Qestion from my side:

1. Anyone notized the bug that the CH47 and CH53 arent camable of transporting vehikles even with the benches removed'(pleas confirm befor I open an pointless issuie on the bug tracker)

2. Is it planed that the helicopters and jets will get the new jet dlc functions?

Yeah. I'm wondering what sensors the Frogfoot will get. Currently it doesn't have a Radar UI.

And when can we expect some big backpacks?

21 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

Yeah. I'm wondering what sensors the Frogfoot will get. Currently it doesn't have a Radar UI.

none, as in real life ;) SPO-15 is working inside the cockpit

2 hours ago, Ghostworrior said:

1. Anyone notized the bug that the CH47 and CH53 arent camable of transporting vehikles even with the benches removed'(pleas confirm befor I open an pointless issuie on the bug tracker)

both helicopters are using our system to load vehicles inside, where you physically need to drive inside of the vehicle. after ramp is locked, vehicle will be secured. There are no plans atm to utilise vanilla system yet we are keeping eye on it

24 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

And when can we expect some big backpacks?

in 2025

• Like 10

The only sensor that the basic Su-25 has in real life is the RWR (provided by the SPO-15), and a rangefinder for the HUD symbology/FCS.

So don't expect very much in that regard.

Ed:- reyhard ninja'd me

On 12.5.2017 at 9:46 PM, Romeo Tango said:

Is there some sort of guide out there for how the aircraft and their various weapons work? It's really frustrating trying to just figure things out and having absolutely nothing happen. I have yet to get an air to air missile to do much of anything. RHS stuff doesn't seem quite similar enough to vanilla for that to be helpful. Any documentation on what to do to get things working? Even simple breakdowns like "this weapon uses this type of lock which requires X input from user and has a range of Y, used against Z type targets" would be hugely useful.

RHS Air2Air missiles work just the same as vanilla missiles. If you don't know what a certain weapon does, just look it up on wikipedia or something.

PBB MD-12 vests made by our own Aleksadragutin are already in game and look rather nice. ;)

Note: heads are a private addon and not part of RHS

md12screen.png

• Like 28

They look amazing as everything you guys make :D

What's the story with body armor in RHS? Everyone seems to die in one shot. All tests are point blank range, of course:

Russian and U.S. infantry wear Level IV body armor, but die in one hit to the torso with 5.56/5.45. Sometimes they survive leg shots, but a single arm shot also seems to be fatal.

9mm Beretta takes down a Level IV-wearing Russian in two shots. 9mm kills people wearing Level I vests too.

Is this a glitch, or did the RHS devs just get sick of the borderline-unplayable bullet sponges from vanilla? Either way, it seems overdone. Pistols and limb shots should not be this fatal. In a perfect world there would be some randomness with 1-3 torso hits.

3 hours ago, ppitm said:

What's the story with body armor in RHS? Everyone seems to die in one shot. All tests are point blank range, of course:

Russian and U.S. infantry wear Level IV body armor, but die in one hit to the torso with 5.56/5.45. Sometimes they survive leg shots, but a single arm shot also seems to be fatal.

9mm Beretta takes down a Level IV-wearing Russian in two shots. 9mm kills people wearing Level I vests too.

Is this a glitch, or did the RHS devs just get sick of the borderline-unplayable bullet sponges from vanilla? Either way, it seems overdone. Pistols and limb shots should not be this fatal. In a perfect world there would be some randomness with 1-3 torso hits.

This is an issue on your end, this is not RHS's fault. With an IOTV or 6b23 it takes about 3-4 shots of 5.56 to down a man normally.

• Like 1

I can comfirm this, it usually takes me four or five rounds of 5.56 to put down my VA clones in IOTV's. Perhaps you have a mod that is adjusting ammo values somehow. 

Also, the new vests look gorgeous, well done guys!

• Like 1

Not using any mods besides CUP Maps+Core and CBA.

Does anyone run RHS on Dev Branch?

1 hour ago, Josh Jonson said:

The vehicles and weaponry are all great, but it seems the m1a2 tusk1/2 are completely static and looks like this right now while every other tank is fine?

is this a texture/mesh bug?

I'm having zero issues, are you running other mods?

4 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I'm having zero issues, are you running other mods?

A couple of independent vehicle addons (mostly planes), CBA3, asr ai, CUP weapons, units and vehicles. Maybe its CUP causing the problem but im not sure 

What mods do you run apart from RHS?

Just now, Josh Jonson said:

A couple of independent vehicle addons (mostly planes), CBA3, asr ai, CUP weapons, units and vehicles. Maybe its CUP causing the problem but im not sure 

What mods do you run apart from RHS?

I've got CUP, CBA3, and many many maaaaaany others... The other possibility is that your files became corrupted, which if you downloaded through steam you can validate your files.

11 minutes ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I've got CUP, CBA3, and many many maaaaaany others... The other possibility is that your files became corrupted, which if you downloaded through steam you can validate your files.

I tried running without CUP and moved USAF all the way up to the top just behind AFRF (1st mod on list). It seems to be fine now after a test...

Only guess i have is it needs to be top priority or issues will occur? Or is CUP doing something to it?

1 minute ago, Josh Jonson said:

I tried running without CUP and moved USAF all the way up to the top just behind AFRF (1st mod on list). It seems to be fine now after a test...

Only guess i have is it needs to be top priority or issues will occur? Or is CUP doing something to it?

I don't really think anything is inherited from CUP so I don't see why it should matter much, it sounds like it may be priority issue like you said... But hey if it works now... :P

1 minute ago, wendyvonbraun said:

I don't really think anything is inherited from CUP so I don't see why it should matter much, it sounds like it may be priority issue like you said... But hey if it works now... :P

Haha apparently so, guess it's an the issue with giant mods like RHS and CUP. I also noticed (ages ago) that the russian T50 in AFRF has no wreck model (i'm not sure if its a bug or there's yet a wreck model added), but i think RHS will release an update for it in the next patch along with compatibility with the jets dlc.  

• Like 1

maybe tanks from both CUP and RHS inherit from bases of the same name or use similar model naming, causing them to override eachother and break eachother