I'm about 90% sure there are no combat losses that weren't mobility kills with the US Military M1s.

8 minutes ago, aced170 said:

I'm about 90% sure there are no combat losses that weren't mobility kills with the US Military M1s.

That's not true, as I've read accounts where mines, rigged 155mm ordnance, and Kornet rockets have been able to penetrate the compartment in some cases, but most seem to be attacks from beneath accompanied by additional RPG rounds fired by insurgents. I've seen some shit in briefings too where Abrams have been disabled but not proper combat lossed. I'm no Abrams fanboy though, so I won't write this off until I finish digging around for info.

every  tank without active protection system is VERY vulnerable target. 

You can find  videos on youtube  about the war in Yemen 2014-2016. Houthis destroys  any modern  tanks with old ATGM Fagot(1970). For example a lot of video where they totaly destroy M1A2S abrams with first missile 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sammael said:

every  tank without active protection system is VERY vulnerable target. 

You can find  videos on youtube  about the war in Yemen 2014-2016. Houthis destroys  any  tanks with old ATGM Fagot(1970). For example a lot of video where they totaly destroy M1A2S abrams with first missile 

I've seen videos of tanks being hit in the side armor by the Soviet era ATGMs cooking off, but I'm referring to the base pg-7 warhead used by the RPG-7V in RHS. I agree, APS and ERA are vital to surviving ATGM strikes, even if we're talking about the solid glacis of the Abrams. I'm just curious as to the efficacy of the older man portable RPG in combat killing an Abrams as shown in the demonstration video posted previously. I find this all very intriguing. I should have enlisted armor, and not FA.

I think abrams can surive after  4-6 RPG pg-7v since they  made in 1961 and penitrate  maximum 300mm

The Export M1s have a different armor package(read less effective) than the US Military M1A1s and M1A2s.

Is there a way to have the 9P129-1M (The missile carrier) fire when under AI control via Zeus?

I've tried various methods to get it to fire, from Achille's Artillery and Supress modules to, as a player, getting in the launcher, bringing up the control panel and preparing for launch, and then attempting to have the AI fire. 

AI Direct Control does not work either, because the AI seem to not have the control panel available as a scroll wheel option. Is this just a result of the complicated launch procedure meaning there is no way to have it work with AI?

The Spetsnaz gear on the facebook page looks incredible! I can't wait.

• Like 1

Thanks to all who jumped on the test server and gave the missions a spin. To answer some questions I saw come up:

Vehicles: Different missions have different amounts of vehicles. In PUSH, only the attackers have a main FOB with respawning vehicles (including heli's). Since defenders spawn near the active objective, they don't need vehicles, but they are provided with some non-respawning vehicles to escape in if they lose the point and have to fall back. If armed vehicles are present in the mission, they have a limited quantity. Use them wisely! Defender spawns might need to be moved closer to the objectives though. In RUSH both teams have main fobs, but the attackers might have a slight advantage in vehicle count or type. However, as they cap more objectives, they progress further towards the enemy fob, allowing the enemy to reinforce the objective quicker. Once capped, objectives cannot be retaken by the defenders. Objectives also need to be capped in (alphabetical) order.

Vehicle Respawns: Vehicles at for have respawns, but as mentioned above, armed vehicles have limited respawns. All respawning vehicles, excluding the Mobile Respawn (which can be any vehicle and will be parked on a Helipad (Rescue)). But mobile respawns are only present in PUSH maps. Defenders on PUSH have the single-use vehicle at their spawn. edit: It seems the vehicle repsawn module is buggy so if you respawn before the deserted distance respawns the vehicle, it won't respawn, unless someone new gets in and then abandons it by moving >100m away. I might look for a custom vehicle respawn script.

Stealing enemy vehicles: There isn't anything really stopping you doing this in real life, but I suppose if it gets out of hand I might make vehicles locked for enemies. I see it as extra incentive to 1) protect your vehicles or 2) disable and capture, rather than simply destroy, enemy vehicles.

Tickets: Open to any input here, as I haven't been able to test with lots of players on. Perhaps if you're in a game that ends, note what the final ticket count and average playercount was; that should give a good idea of who has too many tickets. ATM it's 2:1 for attackers:defenders.

JSRS: I'll think about adding it to the server; in the mean time, try Dynasound / Enhanced Soundscape if you haven't already. It's an excellent sound mod.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Is there a way to have the 9P129-1M (The missile carrier) fire when under AI control via Zeus?

I've tried various methods to get it to fire, from Achille's Artillery and Supress modules to, as a player, getting in the launcher, bringing up the control panel and preparing for launch, and then attempting to have the AI fire. 

AI Direct Control does not work either, because the AI seem to not have the control panel available as a scroll wheel option. Is this just a result of the complicated launch procedure meaning there is no way to have it work with AI?

There should be special waypoints  under the waypoint menu. Same goes for the TU-95.

Thanks for that, but it only works in Editor, not Zeus. 

2 hours ago, jarrad96 said:

Thanks for that, but it only works in Editor, not Zeus. 

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3257 ;)

8 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

Abrams has 350 mm of protection AT THE LOWEST

the lowest thickness of armour (including CE effect) is probably something around ~50mm RHA. ;) Definitely it's possible to achieve mobility kill (tracks/engine) with PG7-V but with side of turret I'm not exactly sure - after all all data we have is kind of estimations and what was visible in that video you linked where perfect conditions, which you might not necessarily encounter during usual combat.

• Like 3

Another small server update:

Added vanilla group system (U key)

Removed M2 RG-33L from push-lakka

Changed rush-terminal to push-terminal-inf (inf only version)

I'm also on the server right now (For next hour or so) if you want to jump on and check it out.

8 hours ago, reyhard said:

the lowest thickness of armour (including CE effect) is probably something around ~50mm RHA. ;) Definitely it's possible to achieve mobility kill (tracks/engine) with PG7-V but with side of turret I'm not exactly sure - after all all data we have is kind of estimations and what was visible in that video you linked where perfect conditions, which you might not necessarily encounter during usual combat.

It is quite possible, especially as long as there's no slat armor around the engine. IIRC, RPG attacks were the reason for adding it as a part of TUSK - hardly anyone uses heavy ATGMs in urban combat. As it happens, killing the engine in ArmA causes the tank to blow up a while later, which is what is unrealistic here (total hull loses of an Abrams were rare, even if quite a few did get mission killed). We can only hope that with Tanks DLC they will rectify this.

the server could need some more vehicles in my opinion and  its a bit hard to know  where are team mates are fighting atm....   all in all  the Mission should  use more RHS Stuff ;D   right now its  like Squad but without (extremly rare) vehicles ;D

Abrams true armour thickness is classified anyway, so getting 100% values is quite hard. 

The only problem I've noticed with the server was that hardly anyone was playing. Oh, and I noticed in a push game, I was playing defense and the attackers didn't know you had to capture in sequence, so they flanked to echo doing nothing while neglecting alpha, maybe there would be some way to make it clear that they are captured in order?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

The only problem I've noticed with the server was that hardly anyone was playing. Oh, and I noticed in a push game, I was playing defense and the attackers didn't know you had to capture in sequence, so they flanked to echo doing nothing while neglecting alpha, maybe there would be some way to make it clear that they are captured in order?

same here...

I was on with like 30+ people, I think really the biggest issue was no squads, everyone just talking on team chat was to disorganized I think.

Real Abrams tanks don't "blow up" (neither do most other, modern designs). Ammunition is stored in a separate compartment with blowout panels and fuel tanks (aside from being filled with kerosene, which is notoriously difficult to ignite) are heavily armored and placed in such a way that they won't destroy the tank, either. 

I have no problems believing Iraquis losing their tanks due to their own incompetence. I don't believe in them exploding, though, unless deliberately packed full of explosives for the sake of making a propaganda movie. You can cause the writeoff of an Abrams with RPG-7 if you're lucky, but not blast it to pieces.

• Like 1

Am I right in thinking the RHS team have worked out the armor values on their own due to there being no official documentation? Cause if so I'd love to know how the hell you worked out Chobham armor's values. By the way just to clarify this isn't a dig like 'oh Chobham is secret, you guys have to have gotten it wrong'. It's just growing up near(ish) Bovington it is understandable that one is obsessed with the challie 2. As far as i know the only tank outside of the Challenger series to have Chobham armor is the Abrams...and the only people who have taken time to do the maths is you guys. So I'm genuinely interested to know how you did it, cause I have to say i'm very impressed. Although, I am aware that this could be a trade secret, so not gonna cry if you say no....well maybe a little...