OK I'll try that Captain, I just wondered if anyone else had noticed any change.

==============================

Ticket submitted

I've been checking out all the various barrel arts and on the USMC M1A1FEP regardless of whether you set the decal Desert or Woodland you get the Desert one

I'm thinking that the numbers for the woodland ones are something other 0-55 but I've not had any success just randomly putting in numbers

Has anyone else encountered this? If so is it a bug or am I just an idiot?

I'll just leave this here, our mate Aleksa is almost done with his latest beauty that will soon™  be included in SAF :)

MD12_WIP2.jpg

• Like 43

Can anyone who has tried RHS with the 1.70RC confirm the AH-64 and AH-1Z self-designating laser still works? Don't want to report to the RHS tracker until I've made sure I'm not doing a dumb-dumb and missed something in all these changes.

I designate a position with the laser selected, then switch to the Hellfire. The "square" appears only if I switch to the gun and cycle targets, but it won't appear unless I select the gun. And it won't lock-on regardless of what I do (pressing R or T causes it to lose the "square" indicator). Just tried a UAV laser designation and I can't lock on to that either.

Am I missing a new step, or is this something broken by 1.70RC that RHS will need to fix?

6 minutes ago, fourjays said:

Can anyone who has tried RHS with the 1.70RC confirm the AH-64 and AH-1Z self-designating laser still works? Don't want to report to the RHS tracker until I've made sure I'm not doing a dumb-dumb and missed something in all these changes.

I designate a position with the laser selected, then switch to the Hellfire. The "square" appears only if I switch to the gun and cycle targets, but it won't appear unless I select the gun. And it won't lock-on regardless of what I do (pressing R or T causes it to lose the "square" indicator). Just tried a UAV laser designation and I can't lock on to that either.

Am I missing a new step, or is this something broken by 1.70RC that RHS will need to fix?

it might be true, but don't report it to the tracker. Mod supports only stable. Anything broken in devbranch or RCs will only be fixed after they become stable.

17 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

it might be true, but don't report it to the tracker. Mod supports only stable. Anything broken in devbranch or RCs will only be fixed after they become stable.

Ok, consider that my report then. ;) I can't get any laser designation to work with RHS vehicles right now. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long for a fix as I love flying my AH-64.

EDIT: If it is any help, the laser designation in other mods (3CB, BWMod) appears to be working normally. This appears to be RHS-specific and I've confirmed it with RHS alone.

Someone sayed to me that Russian tanks dont have black-hot mode for their thermals.....
Again - wrong :

• Like 1

A quick question, is the zero on the ACOG scopes supposed to be set at 100m? I've noticed that whilst looking through the scope the zero is set to 100m and that whilst looking over the scope in the CQB mode it's zero is set to 300m, was just wondering if it's intentional or a bug? 

1 hour ago, [VW]Wrath said:

A quick question, is the zero on the ACOG scopes supposed to be set at 100m? I've noticed that whilst looking through the scope the zero is set to 100m and that whilst looking over the scope in the CQB mode it's zero is set to 300m, was just wondering if it's intentional or a bug? 

I imagine looking over the scope would offset your line of aiming because of the height thus de facto raising the zero, and ACOG scopes don't zero, the reticle is designed to allow you to approximate range and compensate, 100m is the default value because of lack of zeroing.

3 hours ago, [VW]Wrath said:

you can read about the zeroing of an ACOG here:

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?53718-Zeroing-ACOG-TA31F

Long story short, yes it is correct at 100m.

Okay, awesome, I was just wondering. As long as it's intended then all is fine :). Thanks for the quick reply!

Good job guys!!

One question - some time ago I ve seen pictures on Your FB profile with T-14 Armata, is this one still in plans? I am asking because the 2035 mod will introduce T-14 as well.. 

On 05/05/2017 at 0:48 PM, fourjays said:

EDIT: If it is any help, the laser designation in other mods (3CB, BWMod) appears to be working normally. This appears to be RHS-specific and I've confirmed it with RHS alone.

It's an inheritance issue with the new sensors update. The BIS missile that our hellfires use as a parent class has been updated with IR-locking sensors and no laser-locking, which means that it overwrites the old behaviour

I've just been in and configured our Hellfires with proper laser sensors (and radar for the AGM-114L "Longbow Hellfire"). So all should be fine and dandy in the next update

2 hours ago, bakimaster91 said:

One question - some time ago I ve seen pictures on Your FB profile with T-14 Armata, is this one still in plans? I am asking because the 2035 mod will introduce T-14 as well.. 

Perhaps you missed Soul_Assassin's Twitch stream earlier ;)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140499385

And so that others might not miss out on RHS' various other social media exploits. Today gfelton provided a first look at the G33 magnifier he has been working on

Or try without facebook's nasty image compression

• Like 21

It seems that the next few updates will be very exciting! Good work RHS. 

3 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Care to summarize? Twitch doesn't work too well for me.

I've noticed that the FROG uniforms have two textures, I was wondering, which set of textures is used currently? Is it frog02?

Well u can take the XM25 off of the long list to make. :evil:

12 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Care to summarize? Twitch doesn't work too well for me.

He is working on  T-14 Armata model  in last stream 

20 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

It's an inheritance issue with the new sensors update. The BIS missile that our hellfires use as a parent class has been updated with IR-locking sensors and no laser-locking, which means that it overwrites the old behaviour

I've just been in and configured our Hellfires with proper laser sensors (and radar for the AGM-114L "Longbow Hellfire"). So all should be fine and dandy in the next update

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/140499385

And so that others might not miss out on RHS' various other social media exploits. Today gfelton provided a first look at the G33 magnifier he has been working on

Or try without facebook's nasty image compression

Judging from the sight mount, it's for a EXPS3 rather than your current XPS3 ?

Mini-announcement time: We now have a public game server!

And we need your help giving it a test. The sever is running some PvP missions (No AI) made by myself and a friend. These are 32v32 infantry-focused missions in two modes; Rush and Push. These are sector-control type matches; the attackers need to capture objectives in order; once the last point is captured the attackers win. Either team can win by reducing the enemies tickets to zero. Attacker's start with a ticket advantage, but this needs to be balanced as it's hard to judge without a full server. In Rush gamemode, both teams have a main FOB where they spawn and access vehicles. In Push, only the attackers have a FOB; the defenders spawn near the active objective. Vehicles are mostly unarmed or lightly armed and armoured. There are some lightweight features like earplugs and squad markers included; these use the F-row keys. F1 opens the help menu. I should stress that these missions are very simple and should be easy to jump in and enjoy, without having to familiarise yourself with new mechanics or UI elements. APEX is not required, nor is any other Arma 3 DLC.

WBqn6r4.jpg

While the sever is in testing you will need the to use the following password to connect: rhspvp

As you can see from the link above, you only need RHS: AFRF and USAF to play on this server, but you can also use Dynasound 2 and Enhanced Soundscape (with CBA) if you wish. Feedback and bug reports should be reported in the usual place (feedback.rhsmods.org) under the 'server' project. If it's a mission-specific bug (Like vehicle placement, zone problems, bad spawn etc) please make a note of which mission it occurs on. You can see the name of the active mission in the map.

Known Issues:

1) Sometimes when joining an in-progress match, you are not respawned on start, so you're stuck on debug. If this is the case, use Escape -> Respawn to get to the proper loadout selection screen.

2) Vehicles won't respawn if the owner respawns (or DC's) before reaching the deserted distance value (> 100m), so they either need to be reclaimed/destroyed or properly abandoned, for now.

3) F2 health display always displays 100

4) Squad Leader rally spawns are currently disabled

If these missions are popular I plan to expand them to include the other factions (GREF and SAF) and try to make more SQM's and gamemodes. Currently there are six missions on rotation; this will increase to eight with the release of Arma 3 1.70. If things go really well we might also look at getting a TS for the server and allowing TFAR or ACRE. We can also try to arrange some play-with-the-devs events at some point. If initial testing goes well that password will be removed. So tell your friends, tell your enemies, tell your neighbours, and most importantly, tell me if you find any bugs (using feedback.rhsmods.org)

logo_RHS_play.png

• Like 13

Why is it that a regular old PG-7V warhead can one shot an abrams in RHS?

Im hoping its some sort of glitch? A tandem charge PG-7VR I can definately understand but in the video hes just using the old obselete warhead. 

2 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

Im hoping its some sort of glitch? A tandem charge PG-7VR I can definately understand but in the video hes just using the old obselete warhead. 

No, it's realistic behavior. The standard PG-7V HEAT warhead from RPG-7 is more than capable of taking out an Abrams tank, as long as it doesn't hit the front glacis. This is why the Abrams later got ERA boxes and slat armor added on, allowing it to counter warheads of this type. In turn, tandem HEAT PG-7VR warhead was developed as a counter for those armor improvements. The older warheads should do just fine against non-reactive armor on the tank.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

No, it's realistic behavior. The standard PG-7V HEAT warhead from RPG-7 is more than capable of taking out an Abrams tank, as long as it doesn't hit the front glacis. This is why the Abrams later got ERA boxes and slat armor added on, allowing it to counter warheads of this type. In turn, tandem HEAT PG-7VR warhead was developed as a counter for those armor improvements. The older warheads should do just fine against non-reactive armor on the tank.

Are you sure?

Wiki lists that the pg-7v only penetrates 260mm of armor

Abrams has 350 mm of protection AT THE LOWEST.

Im not saying youo might not be right, it just seems odd that a primitive warhead from the 60s can take out a tank that came out in the 80s. 

3 hours ago, dragon01 said:

This interesting to me. I'll have to look up further information. Accounts I've read from US tank crews that fought in OIF in double ought three list numerous attempts by insurgent forces, which fired multiple RPG rounds against older M1a1. They were often able to achieve mobility kills and disable the tank, but I haven't read about any succesful penetrations which were able to cause cook offs or kill multiple crew members.