6 hours ago, Capt Childs said:

Are there any plans to add a Glock 19 to the inventory, and give your MARSOC faction their current day sidearm?

A Glock 19 shouldn't involve a lot more than slightly modifying the model of a Glock 17; slightly shorter barrel, shorter pistol grip, reduce to a 15 round mag.  There are no other discernible differences in performance - so you could literally port over the Glock 17 mechanics.

SEALs using it too now, so would be a good accompaniment to your users MK18 and HK416 loadouts.

If they are so similar why bother making a new one?

Just use a Glock 17

Also requests are frowned upon on these forums

4 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Nah, those will be included in RHS too.

Cunico made them. I've been trying to finish them off with LODs and all that boring modding stuff so that we can include them in the next version of the mod, along with a few more of his items.

are you going to add his vests too?

Sort of.

Not the Spec4 vests you're probably thinking of. At least not for the next version of RHS.

We have the MLODs for the Spec4 CPC and they were used by MARSOC, so the Coyote ones will probably get added in future when one of us has time to optimise them like the current crop of unreleased stuff.

We don't have models for the LBTs.

• Like 2

Quick question concerning the latest patch version of RHS AFRF and USAF. I'm getting sound distortions during infantry firefights with quite honestly not a whole lot of units on the map (2-4 infantry groups). Not having any issues with the Vanilla Game Units of ARMA 3 with substantially more infantry on the map (12 infantry groups). Haven't noticed any sound distortions in previous versions of RHS so my question is has anyone else experienced any sound distortions in the current version?

Thanks

1 hour ago, revolverocelotkjb said:

Quick question concerning the latest patch version of RHS AFRF and USAF. I'm getting sound distortions during infantry firefights with quite honestly not a whole lot of units on the map (2-4 infantry groups). Not having any issues with the Vanilla Game Units of ARMA 3 with substantially more infantry on the map (12 infantry groups). Haven't noticed any sound distortions in previous versions of RHS so my question is has anyone else experienced any sound distortions in the current version?

Thanks

I get it too. I made a mission featuring multiple platoon strength forces utilizing RHS and noticed once all elements began to engage. Also, it's really bad with armor. When multiple armored vehicles are firing, things get messy. But this more than likely belongs on their proprietary bug tracker!

12 hours ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Just use a Glock 17

He said the similarities are in the performance :wink_o: appearance wise they're different, and very noticeable, hence why he was inquiring about a new model.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2017 at 2:37 PM, Capt Childs said:

Are there any plans to add a Glock 19 to the inventory, and give your MARSOC faction their current day sidearm?

Hello and thank your for your inquiry, it means so much to the mod team and me in particular

As an nonpaying user of this free mod, you are well entitled to ask, request and be provided with an answer to all the questions you might have:

For the time being, i am sorry to inform you that this particular asset is not on any of the priority lists we have. That being said, I will take it upon myself to rectify that and work overtime in the very limited free time i have to create from scratch the glock 19 you have requested, that will behave exactly as the glock 17 i already made and it is available in the mod.

Sorry again for the terrible news i am obliged to provide. Please remind me as often as possible about it though, keeps me on edge and motivated

A Glock 19 shouldn't involve a lot more than slightly modifying the model of a Glock 17; slightly shorter barrel, shorter pistol grip, reduce to a 15 round mag.  

As you have already noticed, making glock 19 should only involve making a new HP mesh from scratch, the LP mesh as well, especially since the 17 and 19 have quite a different frame, also create the magazine as well, then re-bake and texture it all. Not a lot more involved otherwise indeed, you are 100% right.

• Like 16

Can anyone confirm ? - It is super hard to make lock on with SU-25 AT missile? Even when I spam lock on bottons  sometimes it won`t lock at all- no mater which dista nce and angle to target

is it too late to say that helmet looks awesome? you can really see how much more detail and better textures you have managed to get compared to the vanilla stuff.

1 hour ago, sammael said:

Can anyone confirm ? - It is super hard to make lock on with SU-25 AT missile? Even when I spam lock on bottons  sometimes it won`t lock at all- no mater which dista nce and angle to target

point the nose at the target

5 hours ago, PuFu said:

a. don't request stuff that is wrapped in a "is it in the plans" fluff paper

b. never tell someone else how easy or hard something is if you have no idea about what you are talking about.

PuFu, please stop being so rude to other forum users. It is just as easy to either ignore a post like that, or politely respond to it.

Regardless of the huge amount of times it happens on this thread in particular, asking whether something will be included or not or making a request is not against the rules of this forum. As request posts are not against forum rules, I will no longer be removing them when asked by members of RHS or others, on this thread or any other. i will simply ignore such posts, and I suggest you do the same. If you continue to act in a rude and arrogant manner to other users-as seems to be the case several times a week judging from all the reports we get, then you will face penalties for those actions.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

... i will simply ignore such posts, and I suggest you do the same. If you continue to act in a rude and arrogant manner to other users-as seems to be the case several times a week judging from all the reports we get, then you will face penalties for those actions.

alright fair enough, political correctness and all that + sensitive internet creatures. ignoring this thread then as advised. thank you for the warm warning. will edit my post as well

• Like 2

Just now, PuFu said:

alright fair enough, political correctness and all that + sensitive internet creatures. ignoring this thread then as advised. thank you for the warm warning.

It has nothing to do with political correctness PuFu. This forum has remained one of very few places online that is actually fair, welcoming and non aggressive to members new or old. That is due to people following the few rules we have in place. it is simply about people being civil to each other. If it is not possible to respond civilly to someone, and that person has not broken a forum rule, then simply ignore the post. 

I was going to say that in a PM, but I felt it is something useful for most people to take on board as well.

Apologies for taking this offtopic folks.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

It has nothing to do with political correctness PuFu. This forum has remained one of very few places online that is actually fair, welcoming and non aggressive to members new or old. That is due to people following the few rules we have in place. it is simply about people being civil to each other. If it is not possible to respond civilly to someone, and that person has not broken a forum rule, then simply ignore the post. 

I was going to say that in a PM, but I felt it is something useful for most people to take on board as well.

Apologies for taking this offtopic folks.

100% useful indeed, a great reminder.

As said, i edited the previous "rude" post and will follow the advice i have been given and ignore this thread, will surely be beneficial

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 2:09 PM, TheLimbo365 said:

Just use a Glock 17

ive made a glock 17 gen 3 and gen 2, the glock 19 and glock 18 would be fairly simple to create, the differences between glock variants is so fairly small. the 45 cal version is only 1.5 mm wider or so. gen 2 and 3 only have a differences like the  frame and a extractor. I find that gen 1 and 4 make little sense in making because the 1st gen are fairly rare and quickly replaced by gen 2 which is the most popular followed by the gen 3, the gen 4 only has a small few differences which set it apart from the gen 3 thing which make no gameplay difference and is really not worth putting effort in. honestly the glock 17 and 19 look pretty similar only thing which has to be done would be to cut the bottom of the frame a little and shorten the slide and frame front section which is doable, whether this is really important to the player I cant really see value in going through the trouble of have between a slightly shorter pistol barrel while having only 15 rounds or having the full sized glock which holds 17 rounds I think most people would choose the Glock 17 in arma, I know I would.

currently I have the glock 17, 18 gen 2 and 3 , if I chose to make the glock 40 and 45 caliber version ( sorry only military service weapons no 380 or 357 baby stubby pistols) it would be a simple retexure and a insignificant scale increase in  the X axis I think that is if I really think that the 1.5mm in extra thichness is really worth it, I am reserving my models for Arma 4 :D

1 hour ago, veles-zv said:

, I am reserving my models for Arma 4 :D

Ha! First time I have heard that..

• Like 1

Another one that speaks about ArmA 4 (in another thread of a chopper someone told about A4). Somebody knows somethingh that we "normal guys" don't immagine? Perhaps that ArmA 4 is on short arrive? :D

Just now, sfod-d_snakebite said:

Another one that speaks about ArmA 4 (in another thread of a chopper someone told about A4). Somebody knows somethingh that we "normal guys" don't immagine? Perhaps that ArmA 4 is on short arrive? :D

Still got a year of DLC left, then probably an A4 announcement... Maybe.

Anyway, loving the new helmets models! Just beautiful! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

Still got a year of DLC left, then probably an A4 announcement... Maybe.

Anyway, loving the new helmets models! Just beautiful! 

i bet you its coming out sometime around 2020. with the enfusion engine which is great for us modders, its more open like other engines instead of being hard coded. 

I have a feeling that porting all the RHS assets to Enfusion is going to be really fun... :) That said, let's not worry about what's going to be one or two years in the future.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, since the last RHS update the RHS BMP &Tanks have become almost impossible to destroy? we fired about a dozen PCML at one BMP from about 400m & all you get is an engine fire? same with Metis or RPG anyone else noticed this? Really like the RHS vehicles & equipment & would like to keep using it on the server but unless there is a way of reducing the invulnerability to normal....

9 hours ago, jgaz-uk said:

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but, since the last RHS update the RHS BMP &Tanks have become almost impossible to destroy? we fired about a dozen PCML at one BMP from about 400m & all you get is an engine fire? same with Metis or RPG anyone else noticed this? Really like the RHS vehicles & equipment & would like to keep using it on the server but unless there is a way of reducing the invulnerability to normal....

try to turn off  Reduced damage    option in arma 3  difficult settings 

I just double checked our dedicated server & the Reduced Damage is off (Armor=0;) with forced settings. 

Seems its just the RHS Armour, since the last update, that's the problem. the only way to get a more realistic vanilla amount of damage is to use the object States Health/Armor for each vehicle & reduce it to about 40%

which if you want to use the vehicle as a player means the sights are broken...

1 minute ago, jgaz-uk said:

I just double checked our dedicated server & the Reduced Damage is off (Armor=0;) with forced settings. 

Seems its just the RHS Armour, since the last update, that's the problem. the only way to get a more realistic vanilla amount of damage is to use the object States Health/Armor for each vehicle & reduce it to about 40%

which if you want to use the vehicle as a player means the sights are broken...

Make a ticket here and you'll get dev feedback.