6 hours ago, marez12 said:

Hello, 

Currently I'm working on a litle mod aiming to reduce the available zoom with iron sights and close quater opticals like CCO etc using an old mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30723 and trying to update it. I'm facing the following issue, with the specter scope. In the config.cpp i wrote this: 

class rhsusf_acc_Specter: rhsusf_acc_sniper_base
    {
        class ItemInfo: InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F
        {
            class OpticsModes
            {
                class ACO
                {
                    opticsZoomMin=0.25;
                    opticsZoomMax=1.1;
                    opticsZoomInit=0.75;
                };
            };
        };
    };

First I don't know if the optical class is corect for this scope and second if it's correct to use this classname rhsusf_acc_Specter. 

Thanks if you can answer to my question and thanks for your work !

i do recommend you use the config viewer in the EDEN editor
config for specter:

class rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR : ItemCore
{
    rhs_optic_base = "rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR";
    dlc = "RHS_USAF";

scope=2;
    Author_Macro
    displayName = $STR_RHSUSF_ACC_SPECTERDR;

picture="\rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_scopes\icons\rhs_specter_icon_ca.paa";
    model = "\rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_scopes\elcan\elcan_su230";

descriptionShort = $STR_RHSUSF_ACC_SPECTERDR_SHORT;

opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 0;

weaponInfoType = "rhs_SpecterDR_handler";

class ItemInfo: InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F
    {
        opticType = 1;
        mass = 11;
        RMBhint = "Dual role Combat Sight";
        optics = 1;

modelOptics = "\rhsusf\addons\rhsusf_scopes\optics\elcan\rhsusf_optic_SU230";

class OpticsModes
        {
            class Elcan_x1
            {
                opticsID=1;
                useModelOptics=0;
                opticsZoomMin=0.25;
                opticsZoomMax=0.6;
                opticsZoomInit=0.75;
                memoryPointCamera="opticview";
                opticsFlare=0;
                opticsDisablePeripherialVision=0;
                distanceZoomMin=100;
                distanceZoomMax=100;
                cameraDir="";
                visionMode[]={};

opticsPPEffects[]=
                {
                    "OpticsBlur1"
                };
            };

class Elcan_x4
            {
                opticsID = 2;
                useModelOptics = 1;
                opticsPPEffects[] = {"OpticsCHAbera1","OpticsBlur1"};
                //top of arrow is pointing at 100m, rest of range adjustments is performed with
                //help of recticle markings
                discreteDistance[] = {100};
                 discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0;
                opticsZoomMin = 0.25/4;
                opticsZoomMax = 0.25/4;
                opticsZoomInit = 0.25/4;
                memoryPointCamera = "opticView";
                visionMode[] = {};
                opticsFlare = 1;
                opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 1;
                distanceZoomMin = 100;
                distanceZoomMax = 10;
                cameraDir = "";
            };

class Elcan_iron
            {
                opticsID = 3;
                useModelOptics = 0;
                opticsPPEffects[] = {""};
                opticsZoomMin = 0.275;
                opticsZoomMax = 1.1;
                opticsZoomInit = 0.75;
                memoryPointCamera = "eye";
                visionMode[] = {};
                opticsFlare = 0;
                opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 0;
                distanceZoomMin = 200;
                distanceZoomMax = 200;
                cameraDir = "";
            };
        };
    };

inertia = 0.2;
};

class rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR_3d : rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR
{
    rhs_optic_base = "rhsusf_acc_SpecterDR";
    weaponInfoType = "rhs_SpecterDR_3d_handler";
    scopeArsenal=0;
    scope = 1;
    Author_Macro
    displayName = $STR_RHSUSF_ACC_SPECTERDR_3D;

class ItemInfo : ItemInfo
    {
        class OpticsModes : OpticsModes
        {
            class Elcan_x1 : Elcan_x1 {};

class Elcan_x4 : Elcan_x4
            {
                opticsID = 2;
                useModelOptics = 0;
                opticsPPEffects[] = {"OpticsCHAbera5", "OpticsBlur5"};
                discreteDistance[] = {100};
                 discreteDistanceInitIndex = 0;
                opticsZoomMin = 0.1;
                opticsZoomMax = 0.15;
                opticsZoomInit = 0.15;
                memoryPointCamera = "opticView";
                visionMode[] = {};
                opticsFlare = 1;
                opticsDisablePeripherialVision = 1;
            };

class Elcan_iron : Elcan_iron {};
        };
    };
};

Oh thanks PuFu for your answer, it was what I was looking for :D 

Computer: I think I can set up something for around the next week. I don't have that much work to do actually and thanks to ruPal for what he has done :D 

does anybody has a trick to aim with RPG successfully?
I always undershoot.. Tank is just 100 meter away and minimum zeroing by the weapon is 200 meter. Even when I point the tank it lands short :/

I have a question regarding UH-60s.
Is there any trick to close the doors next to pilots by UH-60M or it needs adjustments in modeal? I see that UH-60M MEV (ESSS) has closed doors

Only the US Army's "desert" UH-60M and UH-60M MEV have hidden front doors. The "woodland" ones and both ESS versions have the doors.

However, you can restore the doors on the desert ones through the Virtual Garage / Edit Vehicle Appearance options in Eden editor, if you don't want to just change the crew of the woodland ones.

Sorry for coming in again about the tanks, I still have problems commanding an AI MBT part of my team. I often use tanks to overwatch Infantry operations. It does not work with RHS MBTs (e.g. T90 or Abrahams). Either they sit there doing nothing (only reporting an enemy) or, when I give them explicit order to engage a target, they start driving around. It works with RHS APCs or MBTs at "full" AI teams (AI teamlead), also other MBT (Arma or other Mods) work fine. Just when I have an RHS MBT in my team, I can't get them to engage from fixed position.

Any hints?

2 hours ago, quiet_man said:

Sorry for coming in again about the tanks, I still have problems commanding an AI MBT part of my team. I often use tanks to overwatch Infantry operations. It does not work with RHS MBTs (e.g. T90 or Abrahams). Either they sit there doing nothing (only reporting an enemy) or, when I give them explicit order to engage a target, they start driving around. It works with RHS APCs or MBTs at "full" AI teams (AI teamlead), also other MBT (Arma or other Mods) work fine. Just when I have an RHS MBT in my team, I can't get them to engage from fixed position.

Any hints?

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3203

• Like 3

On 4/17/2017 at 2:34 PM, Pan Samogon said:

if they wasn't spotted.Dropping flares per time seriously reduce threat from heat seeking missiles.

Kobras BTW doesn't really have any armor and it was direct hit.Mi-8 and Mi-24 often survive indirect hit,enough for at least emergency landing and this actually is worst case.

On gif we have indirect hit.

Much likely problem not with damage,but need proper mechanic,turn radius for example.

A MANPAD will take down an Mi-24/Mi-8 just as easily as a Cobra, it all depends on where the aircraft is hit. There are plenty of videos of Mi-17s and Mi-24s being shot down in ways the pilots/crew never stand a chance (Let us not forget what giving stingers to the Taliban did for their resistance against the Soviets) and I know of at least one story where the tail of a Golf (or earlier) model Cobra got blown off completely by a missile and the pilot landed the bird safely in Vietnam. Its a nutt roll, honestly. I think the most "realistic" MANPAD hit would be flying the lynx around in A3 and getting hit. Flipping violently and crashing immediately.

That said, ALL US aircraft have automatic countermeasures that detect a missile launch and behave appropriately. Not that it's a 100% guarantee of surviving modern missile systems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

A MANPAD will take down an Mi-24/Mi-8 just as easily as a Cobra, it all depends on where the aircraft is hit.

Indirect hit,as mentioned before.Important places are quote good armored against fragmentation and itself it's qoute solid helicopter.Solid enough to survive a frag grenade explosion inside and keep flying... true story.Didn't saying it's immortal,but still,solid enough.

btw... direct hit...

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

I know of at least one story where the tail of a Golf (or earlier) model Cobra got blown off completely by a missile and the pilot landed the bird safely in Vietnam.

Much likely luck...

1 hour ago, b00ce said:

That said, ALL US aircraft have automatic countermeasures that detect a missile launch and behave appropriately. Not that it's a 100% guarantee of surviving modern missile systems.

meh,there was some sort of old cobra.

The problem of heatseeking manpads for this 'automatic countermeasures' is heatseeking missiles are passive.They hard to spot.The only one helicopter,where this might work is a Apache Longbow,if radar is switched on.

Enabled radar are also not always good option in combat,because it's makes easier to spot your location.

6 hours ago, sammael said:

can Ka-52 detect MANPADs IRL ?

Short answer is no,If we talking about IR-guided missiles.At least for old ones...

artleo.com-16354.jpg

But seems like new ones,used in Syria have this active countermeasures.Look at tail,2 rounded modules.

863c7e7db953f5b5cbe062af3f06a1d1.jpg

• Like 1

Does destroying the gunner optic influence AI targeting ability in any way?

• Like 1

I have a few questions regarding ALiVE compatibility,

what was the reason for changes in the definition of factions, they worked previously nearly flaweless together with ALiVE?

What does you really hinder to use BI standard faction/group definitions?

Edited by maquez
edited post to be more kindly ...

@maquez I know you're upset but you might want to clean up your post a bit.

The last RHS update saw a regression in ALiVE. It seems to me the RHS devs use custom config classes, which ALiVE doesn't recognize.

This is being worked on and corrected internally for ALiVE purposes, and if all goes according to plan, *should...no promises* be fixed in the next ALiVE release.

Please keep in mind, RHS always worked this way. The only reason it ever worked with ALiVE is because the "correct" classes were added directly to the ALiVE mod. Though I know you are aware of that fact (not really sure why you're asking the question here TBH), others might not be so I figure it's worth pointing that out.

Long story short: It's being worked on by the ALiVE team and *should...no promises* be addressed very soon.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@maquez I know you're upset but you might want to clean up your post a bit.

The last RHS update saw a regression in ALiVE. It seems to me the RHS devs use custom config classes, which ALiVE doesn't recognize.

This is being worked on and corrected internally for ALiVE purposes, and if all goes according to plan, *should...no promises* be fixed in the next ALiVE release.

Please keep in mind, RHS always worked this way. The only reason it ever worked with ALiVE is because the "correct" classes were added directly to the ALiVE mod. Though I know you are aware of that fact (not really sure why you're asking the question here TBH), others might not be so I figure it's worth pointing that out.

@HeroesandvillainsOS thank you for clarifying this for our really upset and disappointed mission maker friend.

@maquez what hinders us is the fact that BI classes and names in no way reflect any true military unit structure of any of the factions we make mods for. Since we, you know, try to make somewhat a realistic representation, it's kinda important to us. We trust that makers of ALiVE can manage to code a system which is more generic and acceptive of more than just the vanilla setup. We have so much to take care of in our own mod that we do not have the time to cater to requirements of other 3rd party mods.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, maquez said:

what was the reason to fuck up every faction that worked previously nearly flaweless together with ALiVE?

Perhaps you would like refrain from using such foul language 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, R0adki11 said:

Perhaps you would like refrain from using such foul language 

after spending hours in ALiVE with the ORBAT Tool to try to correct this,

then have to find out even there it is messed up and impossible to define own factions/groups that do work.

Yeah sorry I lost after that in some way my temper...

so sorry for my rude post ... this okay?

18 minutes ago, maquez said:

so sorry for my rude post ... this okay?

Thats fine, now lets move on and get back on topic. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Indirect hit,as mentioned before.Important places are quote good armored against fragmentation and itself it's qoute solid helicopter.Solid enough to survive a frag grenade explosion inside and keep flying... true story.Didn't saying it's immortal,but still,solid enough.

meh,there was some sort of old cobra.

The problem of heatseeking manpads for this 'automatic countermeasures' is heatseeking missiles are passive.They hard to spot.The only one helicopter,where this might work is a Apache Longbow,if radar is switched on.

Enabled radar are also not always good option in combat,because it's makes easier to spot your location.

Like I said, it all depends where the aircraft is hit. I'm sure there's a spot on almost any helicopter that can get hit and not immediately crumble to a crashing hulk. I won't post counter-videos because it would be against the forum rules, as all aboard surely died in the crash. MANPADs are no joke and as a rule of thumb, they should ruin your day no matter what you're flying.

The Army's missile detection system is passive and detects certain launch signatures, it can even detect incoming machine-gun fire. The only thing that would give away your position would be the flares dispensing automatically, but its kinda moot at that point.

13 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

But seems like new ones,used in Syria have this active countermeasures.Look at tail,2 rounded modules.

Look under the windshield, I'd bet my paycheck that the black and blue circle is one.

On 4/23/2017 at 3:55 PM, Pan Samogon said:

This is completely incorrect.  @b00ce is on point, as usual.

I think I found a bug with the AH-6M helos. The "L" version doesn't seem to have minigun sounds (though I'm on dev and running Laxemann's sound mods, so please verify on stable), and all versions shoot very noticeably below the black marker on the windshield (both missiles and rockets, though the latter are closer to the mark).

7 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I think I found a bug with the AH-6M helos. The "L" version doesn't seem to have minigun sounds (though I'm on dev and running Laxemann's sound mods, so please verify on stable), and all versions shoot very noticeably below the black marker on the windshield (both missiles and rockets, though the latter are closer to the mark).

I think the sound issue is a known bug and has been already resolved (or is an arma bug, cant remember)