54 minutes ago, sammael said:

As you can see in video under spoiler MANPAD is very deadly weapon IRL. Just my question to devs. Maybe it is ok and planing by RHS.

BIS will be tweaking AI usage of flares in the next patch, the improvements are on the devbranch already. It should be possible to shoot down helos or even planes reliably now, as long as they don't have AI skill maxed out.

2 hours ago, PuFu said:

i don't want to drag this further, but the above does indeed sounds like any other request...

No it doesn't. I'm not asking you to do anything. I'm just making an observation that creating such a pack would be possible with assets already in RHS. Given the direction the mod is following (modern stuff in general), this is not a trivial observation. I doubt that the RHS team was creating all this stuff in order to make an Afghanistan-era Soviet soldier a possibility. Those were added to GREF for various post-Soviet factions.

Anyway, I'm not planning to work on that because it's already done for the Soviets and I lack the modeling skill to make the US side.

why the AI can't fire the FGM-148? all they do is aiming but not firing! tested on both vanila+RHS and ACE+RHS

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

Does anybody know how to turn-off the radio chatter in air vehicles with a config file?

Dont need a config file, just press esc > then top right or whatever > open the RHS tab > turn off radio chatter. 

Unless of course you want it off permanently and for everyone? 

2 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Does anybody know how to turn-off the radio chatter in air vehicles with a config file?

Found in rhs_main > RHS_Options_Menu > Controls > rhs_checkbox1:

profileNamespace setVariable ['rhs_vehicleradioChater', 0]; saveProfileNamespace;

Thanks bakerman  but this will set the radio chat off for all vehicles right? Main my goal was to set it off only for the AH-1Z as I did a re-texture and english radio chat does not fit :)
I do not want to turn off the radio chat for US version of AH-1Z

13 hours ago, sammael said:

As you can see in video under spoiler MANPAD is very deadly weapon IRL.

if they wasn't spotted.Dropping flares per time seriously reduce threat from heat seeking missiles.

Kobras BTW doesn't really have any armor and it was direct hit.Mi-8 and Mi-24 often survive indirect hit,enough for at least emergency landing and this actually is worst case.

On gif we have indirect hit.

Much likely problem not with damage,but need proper mechanic,turn radius for example.

19 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

On gif we have indirect hit.

Igla  missile have  Two fuse mode - magnet proximity fuse and simple  kinetic fuse .  I was test yesterday and it seems rhs have only one mode -proximity fuse.

anyway I just wanted to know this is  normal   planned by RHS or it is bug.

1 hour ago, Devastator_cm said:

Thanks bakerman  but this will set the radio chat off for all vehicles right? Main my goal was to set it off only for the AH-1Z as I did a re-texture and english radio chat does not fit :)

Yes, using scripts the only option available is to set it for all vehicles, however this isn't how it should be so I will add more granular controls.

To disable chatter for a vehicle type using configs you'll have to create a new optics classes like so:

// Vehicle Config
class RHS_AH1Z_base;
class Devastator_AH1Z : RHS_AH1Z_base
{
  // Use custom optics with no radio chatter
  unitInfoType = "Devastator_RscUnitInfoAir_NoRadio";
  unitInfoTypeRTD = "Devastator_RscUnitInfoAirRTDFullDigital_NoRadio";
};

// Optics Config
class RscInGameUI
{
  class RHSUSF_RscUnitInfoAir;
  class Devastator_RscUnitInfoAir_NoRadio : RHSUSF_RscUnitInfoAir
  {
    // Removed RHSUSF_fnc_randomRadio to stop radio sounds
    onLoad="['onLoad',_this,'RscUnitInfo','IGUI'] call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay'); _this call rhsusf_fnc_announcer";
  };
  class RHSUSF_RscUnitInfoAirRTDFullDigital;
  class Devastator_RscUnitInfoAirRTDFullDigital_NoRadio : RHSUSF_RscUnitInfoAirRTDFullDigital
  {
    // Removed RHSUSF_fnc_randomRadio to stop radio sounds
    onLoad="['onLoad',_this,'RscUnitInfo','IGUI'] call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay'); _this call rhsusf_fnc_announcer";
  };
};

^ I just quickly typed this so it's probably missing some dependencies. You can also remove 'rhsusf_fnc_announcer' if you don't want English warnings.

• Like 2

Anyone know of a good way to operate a gunship with only AI as buddy? When switching to gunner the pilot doesn't stay at the elevation that I last left the helicopter at.

10 minutes ago, pulstar said:

Anyone know of a good way to operate a gunship with only AI as buddy? When switching to gunner the pilot doesn't stay at the elevation that I last left the helicopter at.

You might want to create a thread and ask that question over here and not in the RHS Mod Thread :f:

anyone know how to use the 9P129-1M (9M79B) anytime I use it I get this error " target out of angular firing sector "

I know this might sound stupid but Ive been trying to figure it out for ages. How do you use the Javelin without ACE? The I&A server I play on allows RHS and other mods like it but not ACE. When I lock onto a target it attempts to lock but never gets a complete one. Just that constant beep sound not the "locked on ready to fire" sound. Any help would be appreciated.  

1 hour ago, MoonCrawlerVG said:

anyone know how to use the 9P129-1M (9M79B) anytime I use it I get this error " target out of angular firing sector "

Your target has to be within a ~45 degree cone in front of the launcher vehicle.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Megumin said:

I know this might sound stupid but Ive been trying to figure it out for ages. How do you use the Javelin without ACE? The I&A server I play on allows RHS and other mods like it but not ACE. When I lock onto a target it attempts to lock but never gets a complete one. Just that constant beep sound not the "locked on ready to fire" sound. Any help would be appreciated.  

locking last 15 seconds so you need to be patient. ;)

• Like 1

Whoever configures ballistics/armour values in RHS armoured vehicles is a config wizard and deserves some praise.

BRDMs are pennetrable from the side with 7.62x54 armour piercing and 5.45x39/7.62x39 EPR rounds as they should be. I always appreciated the way your shit is configured, but honestly I didn't expect this level of depth, I just wanted to take a moment and say this.

Thank you guys.

• Like 16

Hello, 

Currently I'm working on a litle mod aiming to reduce the available zoom with iron sights and close quater opticals like CCO etc using an old mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=30723 and trying to update it. I'm facing the following issue, with the specter scope. In the config.cpp i wrote this: 

class rhsusf_acc_Specter: rhsusf_acc_sniper_base
    {
        class ItemInfo: InventoryOpticsItem_Base_F
        {
            class OpticsModes
            {
                class ACO
                {
                    opticsZoomMin=0.25;
                    opticsZoomMax=1.1;
                    opticsZoomInit=0.75;
                };
            };
        };
    };

First I don't know if the optical class is corect for this scope and second if it's correct to use this classname rhsusf_acc_Specter. 

Thanks if you can answer to my question and thanks for your work !

• Like 2

@marez12 I am interested in this. Please let me know how it goes and share the mod :)