Thread cleaned up, flame-baiting and off topic posts removed.

• Like 2

I run Arma on an ssd, but there is not room on it for every mod that I use, so I'm kind of stuck here on how to get the RHS group of mods on to my system. I'm not asking the RHS devs to provide another mirror, as Steam Workshop is probably sufficient for most users. I'm merely asking if there is anyone else here that is in the same situation and ask what you do to get this mod and maintain the updates? Thanks for the fantastic mod!!

PlaywithSIX is always up to date and lets you download wherever.

I run Arma3 on an 100gb SSD and swap out mods when needed. Old and simple but works. Tho I have good internet to allow for such option.

8 hours ago, khugan said:

I run Arma on an ssd, but there is not room on it for every mod that I use, so I'm kind of stuck here on how to get the RHS group of mods on to my system. I'm not asking the RHS devs to provide another mirror, as Steam Workshop is probably sufficient for most users. I'm merely asking if there is anyone else here that is in the same situation and ask what you do to get this mod and maintain the updates? Thanks for the fantastic mod!!

The launcher lets you set a custom directory for mods. Which I thiiiiiiink just makes a symlink.

• Like 1

Hello RHS Team,

I have a Bug and my Communty too we used RHS AFRF and USAF in Version 0.4.2.1  but we have all a very distrubed Bug since this last Updates and the Arma3 Updade. We want to put our Weapon on our Back but its dont work we Press 0 and the Weapon still not on Back. if we used a Pistol or a Distance meter or  binoculars then put he the Weapon on the Back and Change automatic to the Pistol or Binoculars. A Friend have testing he trun off the mod AFRF then all work normal he trun this mod again on and he cant put weapon on back.  RTP log without errors or other infomations for you.

Sorry for my bad english i hope its to unterstand my bug.

1 hour ago, john85oc said:

Hello RHS Team,

I have a Bug and my Communty too we used RHS AFRF and USAF in Version 0.4.2.1  but we have all a very distrubed Bug since this last Updates and the Arma3 Updade. We want to put our Weapon on our Back but its dont work we Press 0 and the Weapon still not on Back. if we used a Pistol or a Distance meter or  binoculars then put he the Weapon on the Back and Change automatic to the Pistol or Binoculars. A Friend have testing he trun off the mod AFRF then all work normal he trun this mod again on and he cant put weapon on back.  RTP log without errors or other infomations for you.

Sorry for my bad english i hope its to unterstand my bug.

This is most likely not because of RHS but probably because of ACE3. Vanilla Arma 3 doesn't give you the option to holster both of your weapons, ACE3 however does

On 25.3.2017 at 7:32 PM, pipewr3nch said:

This is most likely not because of RHS but probably because of ACE3. Vanilla Arma 3 doesn't give you the option to holster both of your weapons, ACE3 however does

You Right! I am sorry i will reported to Ace Thanks^^

• Like 1

Quick question. What's the differences between 

rhs_acc_perst3_2dp

and 

rhs_acc_perst3_2dp_h

?

rhs_acc_perst3_2dp_h is a special configuration to fit the handguard on the Zenitco AK variants, while rhs_acc_perst3_2dp fits the AK-74MR handguard.

For players, there is a script that should automatically handle which model gets loaded depending on which rifle they are fitting the attachment to

Same as there are special configurations for the AN/PEQ-15s for fit the dimensions of the HK416 handguards (which is where the _h suffix and rhsusf_acc_anpeq15 = 0/1; parameter in the weapons that the script uses to determine which attachment to load, comes from)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

rhs_acc_perst3_2dp_h is a special configuration to fit the handguard on the Zenitco AK variants, while rhs_acc_perst3_2dp fits the AK-74MR handguard.

For players, there is a script that should automatically handle which model gets loaded depending on which rifle they are fitting the attachment to

Same as there are special configurations for the AN/PEQ-15s for fit the dimensions of the HK416 handguards (which is where the _h suffix and rhsusf_acc_anpeq15 = 0/1; parameter in the weapons that the script uses to determine which attachment to load, comes from)

Is it the same for

rhs_acc_harris_swivel
rhsusf_acc_harris_bipod
rhsusf_acc_harris_swivel

?

And what do rhs_bipod and rhs_acc_at4_handler do?

rhs_acc_harris_swivel and rhsusf_acc_harris_swivel are the same model, but in order to maintain both RHSAFRF and RHSUSAF mods as standalone, it exists separately in both with the appropriate prefix on the classname.

rhsusf_acc_harris_bipod is the original Harris bipod from the RHSUSAF mod that has a picatinny rail mount and is designed to go on the M2010, EBR, Mk.11 etc. etc.

rhsusf_acc_harris_swivel only fits the M40A5 and M24 (as I said, it's a copy of rhs_acc_harris_swivel, which was originally added to AFRF for the Orsis T-500)

rhs_acc_harris_swivel is primarily for the T-500 but seems to be configured for joint rails for some reason, so will fit other weapons (it probably shouldn't since it doesn't have a proper rail mount modelled - hence the "swivel" name for the type mount they are supposed to use)

rhs_acc_at4_handler is a dummy attachment for animating the peep-hole sight on the M136. Handled by script.

rhs_bipod is an obsolete attachment that was used to simulate animating the bipod on the PKM before proper bipods were added to the game in the Marksman DLC.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

rhs_acc_harris_swivel and rhsusf_acc_harris_swivel are the same model, but in order to maintain both RHSAFRF and RHSUSAF mods as standalone, it exists separately in both with the appropriate prefix on the classname.

rhsusf_acc_harris_bipod is the original Harris bipod from the RHSUSAF mod that has a picatinny rail mount and is designed to go on the M2010, EBR, Mk.11 etc. etc.

rhsusf_acc_harris_swivel only fits the M40A5 and M24 (as I said, it's a copy of rhs_acc_harris_swivel, which was originally added to AFRF for the Orsis T-500)

rhs_acc_harris_swivel is primarily for the T-500 but seems to be configured for joint rails for some reason, so will fit other weapons (it probably shouldn't since it doesn't have a proper rail mount modelled - hence the "swivel" name for the type mount they are supposed to use)

rhs_acc_at4_handler is a dummy attachment for animating the peep-hole sight on the M136. Handled by script.

rhs_bipod is an obsolete attachment that was used to simulate animating the bipod on the PKM before proper bipods were added to the game in the Marksman DLC.

All 3 Harris bipods share the same display name, which will cause confusion to players. Are you planning to make a script to choose the correct one for players?

I just have a quick question in regards to GREF. I know we have stuff like the CDF or CHDKZ added with it. Any chance we could see a RHS styled Takistani faction in the future? Also keep up the good work guys!

• Like 4

On 23.03.2017 at 10:30 PM, soul_assassin said:

eehh i dunno what you are playing but at RHS we try to base all our values on fact and not on balance. Everything from ammo penetration to engine parameters. If you are looking fr balance then RHS is not for you because real life is not balance. The fun in the game is finding an advantage despite unbalanced technology. We have no bias for one side or the other. We have a very scientific way of approaching this. Dont forget that the engine has its own quirks and sometimes weird things happen. Other mods also influence behavior greatly. But if these things make you lose interest thats ok :) its not for everyone.

Test shot RPG-7 at the armored glass thickness 40 cm, and results in a two-layer test.

- In most cases, all light-armored machines armed BLUFOR require re-shot from a RPG-7. The reason is the crew is alive and continues to shoot. In most cases , all light-armored machines armed OPFOR require re-shot, light-armored machines armed OPFOR not need to be shot AT with missiles. The reason the crew was killed or the car explodes.
For what merits such a difference in receiving damage light armored cars armed BLUFOR and OPFOR ?

- Cooldown Abrams 7 seconds (does not require additional commands reload), reload time, T-90 is 8 seconds (in some cases requires additional commands reload),
For what merits such a difference ?

The characteristics of Abrams tanks - the Time of preparation of the first shot when firing on the move is: gunner — 15 seconds , and commander — 17 15 seconds. When firing with time decreases to 9-10 and 11-12 and 15 seconds, respectively.
The characteristics of the T-90 , Time of loading a round of one type 6.5 seconds, the ATGM — 8 seconds, changing the type of shot not more than 12 seconds

- Reload time of the RPG-7 - 7 seconds. Reload time of the AT BLUFOR - 3 seconds.
For what merits such a difference ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, zio sam said:

Making opfor fanboy crying?

I compare what was the RHS for Arma2, and what is the RHS for Arma3. I played so much with the RHS mod in Arma3, and I see lots of problems on the side of the OPFOR in the mod RHS.

• Like 1

While I'm not sure on the exact time it would take, the difference between the M1 Abrams variants and the T-series of Russian tanks is likely the presence of a fourth crewman in the American tank acting as a designated loader. American tanks retained this fourth crewman, while the Soviets originally began to replace their four man crews with three man crews and the inclusion of an autoloader. The practice continues today as the Russian Federation's tanks consist largely of upgraded variants of the Soviet era designs. Hence, the difference in the reload times of those vehicles. As to the difference in reload times between "AT", I have no idea. Mainly because you didn't specify which BLUFOR AT you're referring to. 

14 minutes ago, REFORGER88 said:

While I'm not sure on the exact time it would take, the difference between the M1 Abrams variants and the T-series of Russian tanks is likely the presence of a fourth crewman in the American tank acting as a designated loader. American tanks retained this fourth crewman, while the Soviets originally began to replace their four man crews with three man crews and the inclusion of an autoloader. The practice continues today as the Russian Federation's tanks consist largely of upgraded variants of the Soviet era designs. Hence, the difference in the reload times of those vehicles. As to the difference in reload times between "AT", I have no idea. Mainly because you didn't specify which BLUFOR AT you're referring to. 

In RHS mod Russian tanks have more time and actions to reload, which is not true. And if you need to give the command reload, is exactly the fourth crew member Abrams.

Any BLUFOR reload AT 3 seconds.

1. About penetration.

In real life penetration of armor will not always kill the crew or even injure them. Especially hand held AT weapons if they do not hit anything important, will neither destroy a vehicle, neither kill the crew.

Good example here is M113, in essence it is aluminium box on tracks with lots of empty space inside, also it have spall liners. It means that vehicle hit in cargo compartment will not be destroyed, and if it does not hit a human inside, will do minimal cosmetic damage.

Some difference in survivability is also due to vehicle design. For example BMP have a very "dense" design, which means it's internal volume is very small, this means that it's easier to hit something important or crew, compared to M113 that have less "dense" design and have larger internal volume.

Same applies to other vehicles like tanks for example, a larger tank with less dense internal volume, even in case of armor perforation, is less likely to be destroyed because a chance to hit a crew member or something important is smaller, than in case of smaller tank with more dense internal volume.

2. Tank reloads.

The M1 series have a human loader, the loader himself knows what to do and do not need additional commands, for example in real world in combat, if commander do not decide otherwise, loader on his own will load a specific type of ammunition after each shot and arm the gun.

In RHS we need to actually adjust the reload time, because after I checked with various sources + talked with some M1 tankers I know, the current standard reload time for a loader in US military is 4-6 seconds with avarage time of 5 seconds to reload the gun, while unloading the gun and loading it again takes around 10-15 seconds.

For example a typical engagement commands in M1 looks more or less like this:

TC - Gunner tank, fire and adjust.

Loader - (loads the gun with APFSDS) Up! (If it's first time he loads that type of round then it's Sabot Up!)
Gunner - Identified, on the way!

Tank fires it's gun.

Loader - (loads the gun again with APFSDS) Up!

TC - Gunner PC (personell carrier), fire, fire HEAT (second command is for loader to load different type of ammo after firing already loaded round).

Gunner - Identified, on the way!

Tank again fires it's gun.

Loader - (loads the gun with HEAT) HEAT Up!

So loading the gun takes around 4 to 6 seconds, and egnagements are very quick. However a lot depends on loader, but the avarage standard he needs to meet to be qualified is around 5 seconds, and not above 6 seconds.

In case of T tanks used by Russian forces, situation is a bit more complex, as they use autoloader, the autoloader itself needs either a command through a button push to reload the gun, or autoloader must be turned in to a different working mode where a selected ammo type will be loaded after each shot.

One thing to remember is also that autoloaders also do not have a constant loading speed, and it will vary depending on design, model and also how much ammo is left in autoloader. It's not a magical device that makes tanks fire as fast as machine guns, from their main guns.

However note, due to their simplistic design, Russian tanks autoloaders are able to only load the gun, they can't unload it, which means that if autoloader loaded the gun, only way to reload it is simply fire the loaded round and load a different one.

The only autoloaders able to both load and unload the tank main gun, were developed in US and tested in various prototypes, most of them were designed by company named Meggitt Defense. Due to their advanced design, sometimes they are not reffered as autoloaders but as robotic ammo loading/handling systems.

But as Soul_Assassin said, RHS mods are based on realism, and carefull research (manuals, books, documents, informations from real servicemembers), so RHS do not aim at such artificial things like balance, if someone likes balance, play Battlefield series or Call of Duty, here we aim more at realism.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Damian90 said:

2. Tank reloads.

The M1 series have a human loader, the loader himself knows what to do and do not need additional commands, for example in real world in combat, if commander do not decide otherwise, loader on his own will load a specific type of ammunition after each shot and arm the gun.

1. In the parts of the automatic loader requires the command to change the type of ammunition, the rest of the machine handles himself. It's no different from charging Abrams.
No matter how much I searched and couldn't find any videos with Abrams, which charges the gun on the go, moving on rough terrain. Comes when shooting at slow driving on a smooth surface. Extract from the Arsenal of the meter charge, 15-20 kg, to put in the gun at full speed on the road. )))

Show me a video where the loader crew member Abrams, extracts from the barrel of a tank loaded with ammunition, for replacement with another type of ammunition.

The barrel is not being charged, yet the team about the purpose and type of ammunition.

2. Reload time of the RPG-7

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

1. In the parts of the automatic loader requires the command to change the type of ammunition, the rest of the machine handles himself. It's no different from charging Abrams.
No matter how much I searched and couldn't find any videos with Abrams, which charges the gun on the go, moving on rough terrain. Comes when shooting at slow driving on a smooth surface. Extract from the Arsenal of the meter charge, 15-20 kg, to put in the gun at full speed on the road. )))

Show me a video where the loader crew member Abrams, extracts from the barrel of a tank loaded with ammunition, for replacement with another type of ammunition.

The barrel is not being charged, yet the team about the purpose and type of ammunition.

2. Reload time of the RPG-7

Listen, this is your problem, we will not change anything because you say so, and your opinion contradicts our hard sources. So sorry, you don't like it, we do not force anyone to play RHS mod.

PS. As for gunnery for vehicles, in real world, no tank performs gunnery at high speeds in rough terrain, it makes no sense, in reality stabilization systems are capable to keep up only with speeds up to 40-45 km/h not matters what kind of tank we talk about.

Real world gunnery is not some stupid stunt show for civilian public to be amazed, especially during peace time, where additional safety rules also are considered so nobody gets injured or worse, killed. And I know what I am talking about as I am soldier myself, and real world military rifle ranges or ranges where other weapons are used, looks nowhere near what you probably expect with tanks driving full speed, firing guns blazing in all directions... *sigh*

This is why you will never find a video of a human loader loading guns at full speed (besides tanks do not fight driving full speed, but much, much slower, not matters if they have autoloaders or human loaders), or unloading the main gun, because of safety reasons, as combustible propelant cases might be damaged during loading process so in peace time it's avoided to unload the gun other way than firing it, but it is still possible, and it's done in combat to conserve munitions (for example you will not fire APFSDS round at lightly armored IFV).

:dozingoff:

• Like 8

All clear. RHS requires an understanding of, and use as is. Any changes are not expected. There are no errors , all is well.

• Like 1

*sigh*

I wanted to explain to you, that we do not aim at balance, but at realism, and we have our own good sources and research. Not everything you encounter is a bug, but sometimes delibarate behavior that try to simulate real world that is not always super predictible, like the notion that RPG hit will always affect every lightweight vehicle the same way.

Can RHS mod be better? Yes, and I can assure entire team works hard, but sometimes improvements will take time, in other cases, there will be no changes only because someone demands them.

Case closed.

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

1. In the parts of the automatic loader requires the command to change the type of ammunition, the rest of the machine handles himself. It's no different from charging Abrams

There is one major difference - in T tanks you can't unload gun from inside so you don't want to automatically reload rounds all the time

3 hours ago, lex__1 said:

- Cooldown Abrams 7 seconds (does not require additional commands reload), reload time, T-90 is 8 seconds (in some cases requires additional commands reload),

it's 6.5 seconds for T tanks if next round is of the same type, 8 seconds is only where you change the ammo type and it's realistic, since autoloader need to spin to ther correct round. In case of T-72 it could take up to 15 seconds, since autoloader was able to rotate in just one direction. Abrams reload varies on fatigue of crew so reload goes from ~6 seconds up to 15.

You can read some reliable information about autoloaders here

http://fofanov.armor.kiev.ua/

3 hours ago, lex__1 said:

- Reload time of the RPG-7 - 7 seconds. Reload time of the AT BLUFOR - 3 seconds

we don't have animator therefore we can't change it right now

• Like 6