I was able to get Igiload logistic loading script system to work with RHS. Needs some tweaking but for the smaller trucks like the M1083A1AP2 you can list under VAN class and the Larger Oshkosh you can list under HEMMTT trucks. Hauls cargo around and makes the trucks actually have a mission purpose. Keep up the nice work RHS team. Please make sure to fix the M1083A1P2 internal window first person view and it will be near perfect. It's got alpha showing on mesh.

18 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

All OPFOR machines explode equally, from either side of the attack. BLUFOR does not always easily blow up cars. This is a serious bias in the system of defeat, and violates the balance of power of the parties.
Besides this problem, there is one more. AI opponent will not shoot from RPG on BLUFOR machines (machines that are presented on video and others of this class). This is another imbalance, the forces of BLUFOR bear less loss in combat, have more combat advancement.
There are many such nuances in the RHS, where the advantage is in varying degrees of obtaining losses.
Unbalance can be in the characteristics of machines, maximum speed, ammunition of vehicles, and so on.
Mods, in this regard, loses interest in itself.

eehh i dunno what you are playing but at RHS we try to base all our values on fact and not on balance. Everything from ammo penetration to engine parameters. If you are looking fr balance then RHS is not for you because real life is not balance. The fun in the game is finding an advantage despite unbalanced technology. We have no bias for one side or the other. We have a very scientific way of approaching this. Dont forget that the engine has its own quirks and sometimes weird things happen. Other mods also influence behavior greatly. But if these things make you lose interest thats ok :) its not for everyone.

• Like 9

The M113 might be a genuine bug btw. So why not report it on the issue tracker rather then just show your displeasure here? Also, from your video it seem the UAZ explodes fine so I dont get what your initial complaint was about...

It just looks amazing when in a jeep, from a distance of 20 meters, gets a rocket from RPG-7 and nothing happens.

5 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

eehh i dunno what you are playing but at RHS we try to base all our values on fact and not on balance. Everything from ammo penetration to engine parameters. If you are looking fr balance then RHS is not for you because real life is not balance. The fun in the game is finding an advantage despite unbalanced technology. We have no bias for one side or the other. We have a very scientific way of approaching this. Dont forget that the engine has its own quirks and sometimes weird things happen. Other mods also influence behavior greatly. But if these things make you lose interest thats ok :) its not for everyone.

And where does the aluminum M113 find a scientific approach before the steel BMD, under the onslaught of RPG-7VL?

Just now, lex__1 said:

And where does the aluminum M113 find a scientific approach before the steel BMD, under the onslaught of RPG-7VL?

As I said might be a bug, but might have something to do with you shooting at the big ass engine in the front.If the hitpoints get triggered on the model thats what happens. You can clearely see that the engine gets hit and starts smoking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Also, the BMD is made of an alloy of 91% Aluminum, 6% Zinc and 3% Magnesium.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, soul_assassin said:

The M113 might be a genuine bug btw. So why not report it on the issue tracker rather then just show your displeasure here? Also, from your video it seem the UAZ explodes fine so I dont get what your initial complaint was about...

Machines on video, are able to protect personnel from automatic weapons, but not from anti-tank grenade launchers. After getting such a grenade inside, everyone will die. And in the game of this technique still continue to shoot)). Explosion from detonation, maybe it will not work out right away.

I tried several times to register on the RHS website, and did not receive confirmation of registration to the post office.

8 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

And in the game of this technique still continue to shoot)). Explosion from detonation, maybe it will not work out right away.

I tried several times to register on the RHS website, and did not receive confirmation of registration to the post office.

Not true, try put personal inside and see that most of troops inside will die (but not all ofc - heats are not so powerful explosive as they seem)

4 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Not true, try put personal inside and see that most of troops inside will die (but not all ofc - heats are not so powerful explosive as they seem)

In the game on the server, often 80%, happens so. Video from the editor.

2 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

In the game on the server, often 80%, happens so. Video from the editor.

On 5 test I did every single on resulted in death of crew. Check if mod is downloaded correctly & you are running latest version. Beside that I don't have idea why it's happening to you.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, reyhard said:

On 5 test I did every single on resulted in death of crew. Check if mod is downloaded correctly & you are running latest version. Beside that I don't have idea why it's happening to you.

Mod has the latest version and is loaded correctly, other Mod did not include. Therefore, the question arose that this works always in different ways, in the same situation.

Sorry if my comments were offensive to your work. I'm only trying to draw your attention to the RHS content items we are playing on the server, and we see a big difference in the damage balance of machines of the same class, different sides of BLUFOR and OPFOR. This puts players in an unequal playing field, when a 100% shot, for different sides, causes a defeat of 80% of OPFOR to 100% of BLUFOR.

All, easily armored cars BLUFOR in 80% of the case can not be destroyed with one blow.
I really hope to see in the arsenal OPFOR RPG-42, Metiz, Dragon and other launch AT. Agree, there is definitely an imbalance.

33 minutes ago, lex__1 said:

Sorry if my comments were offensive to your work. I'm only trying to draw your attention to the RHS content items we are playing on the server, and we see a big difference in the damage balance of machines of the same class, different sides of BLUFOR and OPFOR. This puts players in an unequal playing field, when a 100% shot, for different sides, causes a defeat of 80% of OPFOR to 100% of BLUFOR.

All, easily armored cars BLUFOR in 80% of the case can not be destroyed with one blow.
I really hope to see in the arsenal OPFOR RPG-42, Metiz, Dragon and other launch AT. Agree, there is definitely an imbalance.

Well part of the issue here is that in the real world Russian vehicles tend to be more heavily armed and slightly smaller than US vehicles. When you need to store more weaponry, fuel, and critical components in a smaller space, it means there is a much higher chance that you're going to hit something critical if you shoot an RPG at it.

Just look at the BMP-1 for example. When you fire at it from the side; if you hit the front section, you hit the engine; if you hit the turret section, you hit the ammo; and if you hit the rear, you hit the fuel tanks (the bench/divider in the center of the cargo compartment that the troops sit on is actually a fuel tank...). Comparing that to say, the M113A3: If you hit the front, you hit the engine; if you hit the turret area, there's a chance you hit the ammo (it's not exactly like it carries a huge amount of ammo); and if you hit the rear, you pretty much just hit empty space (troops excluded); the majority of the fuel is stored externally.

Generally speaking, knocking out BLUFOR vehicles is just a matter of...

• Like 7

On 3/20/2017 at 5:25 AM, reyhard said:

Right now you can use AH-64D with radar ingame which have AGM-114L radar guided missiles. I'm planning to add some more or less simplified SALH system (or in worst case, if I won't find enough time, just use SACLOS script) so that issue, together with some more fixes for 1.68, should be available in upcoming small update. Obviously no exact dates for that, since life is full of surprises, but I hope to see that update out this weekend ;)

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3089 you can read about this issue a little bit more here

The K hellfire can lock onto lasers, so you could manual fire and lock on to your gunner's lazer. It was a work around we figured out when we put a bunch of blufor helo's into our OFPS BECTI server. Unfortunately we discovered that AI gunners seem to aim off their targets. For example, an AI gunner firing a laser in a helicopter that is moving, will aim above a tank, resulting in a bad laser guidance.

We love the mod, it is the highest quality work ive seen in arma. Beats vanilla units in terms of quality in my opinion. If this problem above is intentional, then we would like to know so we don't consider it a bug. If it is a bug, we would love to see it fixed! If it is fixed we could probably use the K hellfires again, along with all the helicopter gunner cannons, with AI. see

and http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3115

• Like 3

11 hours ago, protossmaster said:

Unfortunately we discovered that AI gunners seem to aim off their targets. For example, an AI gunner firing a laser in a helicopter that is moving, will aim above a tank, resulting in a bad laser guidance.

and http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3115

This. A thousand times this. I was trying to make missions with USMC gunships at first, then using the Apache sans radar as a stand in for the classic Cold War AH-64, and was baffled as to my inability to use ATGMs accurately. Then when I tried to get the AI gunner to lock the laser and then target a vic, I pulled my hair out at the AI's inability to put the crosshairs directly on those dirty Commie tanks. Real bummer.

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

Imbalance based on what? Number of different launcher types in the Arsenal is what your image is suggesting?

You realise that the RPG-7 has many more different ammunition types than any of the US launchers, and that each M136 variant is a separate ammunition type based on the fact that they are single-use tubes?

Reality is that there are 4x Russian shoulder-fired launchers vs 5x American ones - it is hardly a major imbalance in terms of content.

We already have Metis in the mod on a tripod like it should be. Shoulder-firing Metis like a Javelin would be utter nonsense

• Like 4

1 hour ago, da12thMonkey said:

We already have Metis in the mod on a tripod like it should be. Shoulder-firing Metis like a Javelin would be utter nonsense

If we get shoulder-fired Metis ATGMs, I demand the ability to lug about and shoulder-fire a TOW. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, REFORGER88 said:

If we get shoulder-fired Metis ATGMs, I demand the ability to lug about and shoulder-fire a TOW. 

Then I DEMAND1! hip fired KORD! Because fuck common sence, right? :f:

*sarcastic giggling intensifies

• Like 4

@bars91

Your wish is granted-

Don't expect to be able to hit anything though. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

It is supposedly possible, if impractical. Metis can be fired from the shoulder. It's not recommended, but it can be done. The weight of the weapon is not an issue, but as a SACLOS missile, a steady aim is mandatory to actually hitting the target. Since you can't lie down with a launcher in ArmA, you'd either have to brace it against something tall, or suffer the sway and probably miss.

Ideally, we'd be able to mount any kind of compatible weapon on a tripod. Many weapons (most GPMGs, for example) can be fired either way. However, I don't think ArmA engine supports that.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

It is supposedly possible, if impractical. Metis can be fired from the shoulder. It's not recommended, but it can be done. The weight of the weapon is not an issue, but as a SACLOS missile, a steady aim is mandatory to actually hitting the target. Since you can't lie down with a launcher in ArmA, you'd either have to brace it against something tall, or suffer the sway and probably miss.

Ideally, we'd be able to mount any kind of compatible weapon on a tripod. Many weapons (most GPMGs, for example) can be fired either way. However, I don't think ArmA engine supports that.

As far as I know there was a procedure in the Soviet/Russian Army for ATGM teams to fire the first shot from an improvised weapon mount (a wall, a fence, perhaps even a tree branch) while the rest of the team sets up the tripod. This was obviously only done in case of a sudden appearance of targets.

Yeah, that's why I mentioned bracing it. Firing totally unsupported would be possible (the launcher has little recoil), but your aim point would be going all over the place and you'd be unlikely to hit anything. It's better to find something to steady your aim. Of course, if there isn't anything else and you're dealing with TI-equipped tanks, you could try lying down and bracing it on the ground (better that than getting blown away by the tank), but you can't do that in ArmA.

Outstanding work!

Was a green version produced? I've never seen one of those on pictures...