3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

If I'm playing SP, with no other humans, can the AH-1Z be used to lock on targets and directly hit them? When I press T I can get a red square around an enemy vehicle, but I'm not getting any lock on sounds or target locks. Though I admit I'm a new pilot so I could be missing a simple concept.

If it's designed to only be used with another human in some capacity, are there any choppers that can lock and be fired in the USAF pack if you're a lone wolf?

Right now you can use AH-64D with radar ingame which have AGM-114L radar guided missiles. I'm planning to add some more or less simplified SALH system (or in worst case, if I won't find enough time, just use SACLOS script) so that issue, together with some more fixes for 1.68, should be available in upcoming small update. Obviously no exact dates for that, since life is full of surprises, but I hope to see that update out this weekend ;)

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=3089 you can read about this issue a little bit more here

• Like 7

I just discovered the PIP version of the ACOGs and I'm in love, I just wish the PIP quality in Arma was better! I've refrained from using it until everything isn't so ugly, but would it be possible to switch the "PIP" image to the outside of the scope, and have the clear image on the inside? That would be super cool.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DEV614 said:

would it be possible to switch the "PIP" image to the outside of the scope, and have the clear image on the inside? That would be super cool.

After reading the first half of your post, I was actually about to suggest this!
I believe ACE does this already, however the PIP image does not move with the scope. It may be something to do with how the image is mounted, or something similiar.
It is a really cool effect, and works fantastic over long ranges when you aren't moving your weapon much in the first place.

PIP is a great effect in theory, but Arma just really lacks the image fidelity for me to justify using it all the time ):

3 hours ago, Kniazzy said:

After reading the first half of your post, I was actually about to suggest this!
I believe ACE does this already, however the PIP image does not move with the scope. It may be something to do with how the image is mounted, or something similiar.
It is a really cool effect, and works fantastic over long ranges when you aren't moving your weapon much in the first place.

PIP is a great effect in theory, but Arma just really lacks the image fidelity for me to justify using it all the time ):

Yeah I just went and checked out ACEs after reading your comment, they're pretty neat. It seems like a 2D scope with PIP outskirts, which is cool but I like RHS's approach with the peripherals, just wish they switched images! I've been getting over the PIP ugliness and using it in game, and its a lot harder to use which I love. I wish the base zoom was a little further, depicting an actual 4x zoom but I can't complain, I'm sure the RHS team has a reason for doing everything they do. Keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, DEV614 said:

Yeah I just went and checked out ACEs after reading your comment, they're pretty neat. It seems like a 2D scope with PIP outskirts, which is cool but I like RHS's approach with the peripherals, just wish they switched images! I've been getting over the PIP ugliness and using it in game, and its a lot harder to use which I love. I wish the base zoom was a little further, depicting an actual 4x zoom but I can't complain, I'm sure the RHS team has a reason for doing everything they do. Keep up the good work.

You couldn't do it with the 3D PIP scopes in RHS because then you you aren't aiming, you'd have a huge PIP "window" wrapped around the optic that would complicate viewing, unless they like made some kind of script that made the PIP wrap around only show when aiming, but I feel like it would be difficult and messy. The ACE way is propbably the best implementation. There's a slight lag in PIP rendering because Arma's system is so shitty, but its overlook-able. I like how the low resolution rendering of the PIP periphery in the ACE scopes simulates unfocusing.

I wouldn't complain one bite if RHS adopted ACEs method for a PIP scope! I agree with the unfocusing bit, but an advantage of the ACOG is the awareness you have which is why I was attracted to the PIP with good peripherals, but alas, can't get the best of both worlds! Thank you for everyone who responded and explained things to me.

2 hours ago, DEV614 said:

I wouldn't complain one bite if RHS adopted ACEs method for a PIP scope! I agree with the unfocusing bit, but an advantage of the ACOG is the awareness you have which is why I was attracted to the PIP with good peripherals, but alas, can't get the best of both worlds! Thank you for everyone who responded and explained things to me.

No, because currently it is not worth the extra effort until BI improves the general PiP implementation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

No, because currently it is not worth the extra effort until BI improves the general PiP implementation.

Understandable. Hopefully BI steps their game up, though I'm doubtful. Thanks for the response!

11 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Fair enough!!
I could be wrong, but it seems PiP is being used less-and-less in RHS vehicles now, too.

It's a cool effect, but unfortunately it just doesn't have the right clarity to be practical for me ):

Can someone say model of tank or it is fictional?

7dd8d4e546b2t.jpg

11 minutes ago, sammael said:

Can someone say model of tank or it is fictional?

Looks like a T-14, with some added artistic liberties.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devastator_cm said:

That tank is from Tank DLC isn't it?

yup, the only tank they have revealed so far (at least as far as I know)

Hello @reyhard I see just now you are BI developer, so congratulation for this!

But I hope you will have also time to work by RHS!

@PuFu

Thanks for the new AKM textures and model with the grip! It looks great!

But I don't see in east europe/asia or russia these AKM's with the frontgrip, only in africa. So maybe a little new fraction for GREF or I'm wrong?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AHTNTEPPOP said:

But I don't see in east europe/asia or russia these AKM's with the frontgrip

They're made in Romania. Last I checked Romania was in Europe.

And no, there's no new ME/Africa faction in GREF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

They're made in Romania. Last I checked Romania was in Europe.

And no, there's no new ME/Africa faction in GREF

Sorry that I asked!

I think I'd rather wait for you guy's T-14, tbh. :)

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. RHS Armata will likely actually be of better quality than BIS' new tanks. :) Though with Reyhard on the team, they should at least have the features of RHS tanks. I hope we'll get RHS-style autoloader controls in the DLC.

• Like 6

0:55 is it possible to introduce it in AH-6 or MH-6 ?

Hey all sorry to bug you with this, but I cant seem to either A) Figure out where to find the scripts, or B) Find a way in gam to get the commands.

Anyways, I was wondering, what would be the script action to automatically open the cargo doors on the CH-53?

The guys from the RHS, tell me how your system of destruction works for planes, cars and tanks. Any attempt to damage aircraft, cars and tanks is simply not counted in the first round? It looks stupid and not natural.

Just now, lex__1 said:

The guys from the RHS, tell me how your system of destruction works for planes, cars and tanks. Any attempt to damage aircraft, cars and tanks is simply not counted in the first round? It looks stupid and not natural.

its the way the arma engine works haha. The only damage we actually simulate on top is ammo penetration.

It just looks amazing when in a jeep, from a distance of 20 meters, gets a rocket from RPG-7 and nothing happens. Yesterday there was a situation, the year of the two missiles was not enough. )))

I understand that it can be simpler, to imitate the damage system in this way. But impressions of the mods RHS dual - all very seriously but the reliability in the effects there. Most striking is the optics in mods, looks like plastic lenses on toys. Maybe it's time to move away from the past graphics of OFP times.

8 hours ago, lex__1 said:

It just looks amazing when in a jeep, from a distance of 20 meters, gets a rocket from RPG-7 and nothing happens. Yesterday there was a situation, the year of the two missiles was not enough. )))

I understand that it can be simpler, to imitate the damage system in this way. But impressions of the mods RHS dual - all very seriously but the reliability in the effects there. Most striking is the optics in mods, looks like plastic lenses on toys. Maybe it's time to move away from the past graphics of OFP times.

I haven't really had any problems with Humvees, are you talking about the UAZ? They seem to take more damage at least.

The optics are good for me, Not sure if your talking about RHS or what but in RHS you can change what kind of optic you want to use as well in the options (2d, 3d, PIP) if some of them don't suit you.

All OPFOR machines explode equally, from either side of the attack. BLUFOR does not always easily blow up cars. This is a serious bias in the system of defeat, and violates the balance of power of the parties.
Besides this problem, there is one more. AI opponent will not shoot from RPG on BLUFOR machines (machines that are presented on video and others of this class). This is another imbalance, the forces of BLUFOR bear less loss in combat, have more combat advancement.
There are many such nuances in the RHS, where the advantage is in varying degrees of obtaining losses.
Unbalance can be in the characteristics of machines, maximum speed, ammunition of vehicles, and so on.
Mods, in this regard, loses interest in itself.

• Like 2