Nice looking AK you have there PuFu. Always seem to impress with such awesome attention to detail. Beautiful looking model. 

• Like 7

Possibility to see this Apache to replace the A2 ported one? 

Since after all it is open source. 

Spoiler

Please no hate mail

• Like 1

Anyone knows why stream is not updating RHS? It is downloading but the speed is 0 and size is 0 bytes / 0 bytes.

4 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

Anyone knows why stream is not updating RHS? It is downloading but the speed is 0 and size is 0 bytes / 0 bytes.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

1 minute ago, pipewr3nch said:

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Yeah, it hasn't been working since last night, when I launched Steam for the first time in about two months.

how in depth is the armor penetration system in RHS?

Does it matter where you hit the vehicle? Like say if you hit the turret of a tank, will you only damage the gunner/commander and not the driver? 

Is it possible to kill all crew and leave the vehicle "relatively" unscathed? 

4 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

how in depth is the armor penetration system in RHS?

Does it matter where you hit the vehicle? Like say if you hit the turret of a tank, will you only damage the gunner/commander and not the driver? 

Is it possible to kill all crew and leave the vehicle "relatively" unscathed? 

BTR's and BMP's seemed to be more armoured than MBT's like the T72's and T90's, SABOT from the RHS Tsk II can take out MBT's with 1-2 shots, BTR's and BMP's, 4-5 SABOT rounds, it doesn't feel right.

7 hours ago, sargken said:

Possibility to see this Apache to replace the A2 ported one? 

Nodunit and Franze gave RHS access to the model long, long before it was made open source. So the chances of it being included as a replacement are no greater now than they were before.

Issue has always been a matter of lacking time to adapt it, since it would probably not have the same features in RHS as it has in the original mod.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, road runner said:

BTR's and BMP's seemed to be more armoured than MBT's like the T72's and T90's, SABOT from the RHS Tsk II can take out MBT's with 1-2 shots, BTR's and BMP's, 4-5 SABOT rounds, it doesn't feel right.

As far as I know usually MBTs do actually have less armor than APCs and AFVs in real life

5 hours ago, road runner said:

APFSDS rounds have far too much penetrative power for lightly armored targets. The penetrator, which is shaped like a needle, won't do much damage unless it hits something critical or interacts with enough armor / material to cause sufficient spalling (WIP feature). With that in mind consider that your average troop carrier has a lot of empty space, where as a MBT is much more compact and filled with high explosives, so chances are that if you hit a tank anywhere you are going to hit something inside of it.

TLDR use HEAT for light armor

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, pipewr3nch said:

As far as I know usually MBTs do actually have less armor than APCs and AFVs in real life

Not the older BTR's and BMP's they have between 16mm and 25mm side armour, which a 25MM Bushmaster firing APDS should be able to penetrate up to 60-100mm, never mind at 120mm APFSDS from an M1A2 Task II.

I have put 6 APFSD rounds into a BMP1 at a range of 700M, that seems very unrealistic, and yet a single Round into a T72 with ERA is a K-Kill

I don't really like comparing other addons, however, the other main AFV addon M1A2 TUSK II firing the same Main Gun/ ammo type seems to be more powerful... so not 100% sure it's down to the ammo configuration or the vehicles themselves, this is really my only issue with the RHS stuff, over armoured vehicles, or under powered ammo for MBT's.

17 minutes ago, bakerman said:

APFSDS rounds have far too too much penetrative power for lightly armored targets. The penetrator, which is shaped like a needle, won't do much damage unless it hits something critical or interacts with enough armor / material to cause sufficient spalling (WIP feature). With that in mind consider that your average troop carrier has a lot of empty space, where as a MBT is much more compact and filled with high explosives, so chances are that if you hit a tank anywhere you are going to hit something inside of it.

TLDR use HEAT for light armor

Yeah, the HEAT rounds are the bomb, there's just not enough of them !!

19 minutes ago, road runner said:

Yeah, the HEAT rounds are the bomb, there's just not enough of them !!

But you can edit the tank loadouts to have as many HEAT rounds as you like?

32 minutes ago, road runner said:

I have put 6 APFSD rounds into a BMP1 at a range of 700M, that seems very unrealistic, and yet a single Round into a T72 with ERA is a K-Kill

I wouldn't be surprised if a modern APFSDS round could punch a neat hole right through the BMP-1's armor and exit on the other side, doing minimal damage besides the two holes. It's too hard and goes too fast to do much damage, unless that neat hole is in somebody's gut, of course. :) Hits to turret, ammo storage or engine should take it out the subsystem in question, but it's hard to hit that precisely.

• Like 1

Just now, dragon01 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a modern APFSDS round could punch a neat hole right through the BMP-1's armor and exit on the other side, doing minimal damage besides the two holes. It's too hard and goes too fast to do much damage, unless that neat hole is in somebody's gut, of course. :) Hits to turret, ammo storage or engine should take it out the subsystem in question, though.

A hit to the turret ring would/should damage the ammo carousel within the turret,

12 minutes ago, road runner said:

A hit to the turret ring would/should damage the ammo carousel within the turret,

Ammo /carousel is much below turret ring so I doubt it is so easy to achieve

26 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Ammo /carousel is much below turret ring so I doubt it is so easy to achieve

Hence why I'm always trying to hit between the fenders/gun ports and the turret ring, or above the road wheels, the size of the bmp turret is very small, a sabot round hitting that turret depending on the angle as well is going to render that turret and its occupants into frothing messes ! :smiley-evil:

3 hours ago, road runner said:

Not the older BTR's and BMP's they have between 16mm and 25mm side armour, which a 25MM Bushmaster firing APDS should be able to penetrate up to 60-100mm, never mind at 120mm APFSDS from an M1A2 Task II.

I don't really like comparing other addons, however, the other main AFV addon M1A2 TUSK II firing the same Main Gun/ ammo type seems to be more powerful... so not 100% sure it's down to the ammo configuration or the vehicles themselves, this is really my only issue with the RHS stuff, over armoured vehicles, or under powered ammo for MBT's.

Same with M113

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a modern APFSDS round could punch a neat hole right through the BMP-1's armor and exit on the other side, doing minimal damage besides the two holes. 

BRM-1K after an APFSDS hit.id3804-04.jpgid3804-01.jpg

• Like 2

Just now, bydax said:

Yeah, those round cant take out those apc's/ifvs as they have small critical hitpoints:

Same with BMP's and all kind of BTR's, you can penetrate crew/passanger compartment and simply nothing happens. For targets like those vehicles there are HEAT rounds. ;)

• Like 1

Nice. :) I'd like to know if it can kill the crew and mounted troops, though. An APFSDS hit to the crew compartment should take out at least two embarked troops, if not more. Dunno if it works that way in ArmA, but it'd be nice if it did.

If I'm playing SP, with no other humans, can the AH-1Z be used to lock on targets and directly hit them? When I press T I can get a red square around an enemy vehicle, but I'm not getting any lock on sounds or target locks. Though I admit I'm a new pilot so I could be missing a simple concept.

If it's designed to only be used with another human in some capacity, are there any choppers that can lock and be fired in the USAF pack if you're a lone wolf?