@PuFu Is that pm md 63 there ? Nice surprise from the Romanian developer. :-)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, temon said:

@PuFu Is that pm md 63 there ? Nice surprise from the Romanian developer. :-)

yes and no, this sort of handguard is widespread across different areas, from middle east to africa...some small stuff is different in terms of details (engravings, markings etc etc), and i don't plan doing it just so that it would be 100% authentic for a pm 63 because it would be outside the scope of the mod.

that being said, since i did have a bit of space left on a secondary UV sheet next to the AKMS stock, the steel, bakelite and ak103 magazines, then why not...

• Like 5

Pufu really cool stuff man, I was hoping RHS would make a PM style ak :)

But no matching loaded magazine visuals tho I assume? (probably requires a boatload of scripting and mag proxies are not engine supported)

Still, the correct scope mount and clever use of "underbarrel" mount (I assume) is more than aplausable and epic AF! :drinking2:

9 minutes ago, bars91 said:

But no matching loaded magazine visuals tho I assume? (probably requires a boatload of scripting and mag proxies are not engine supported)

Still, the correct scope mount and clever use of "underbarrel" mount (I assume) is more than aplausable and epic AF! :drinking2:

the ak130 mag is obviously made for ak103, but yeah will most likely spread the mags (steel and bakelite) between some individual versions to create some variation. but while @reyhard says it is possible to script-fu the magazines, i doubt it is worth the time, at least for now...of course, it is up to him if he wants to do it.

the scope n-mount is something you can't really do in the field btw

• Like 2

On 06.03.2017 at 8:22 AM, twakkie said:

I have been looking at the command inGameUISetEventHandler to counter this.

I just havent had the time, new kid in the crib, to actually sit down and add it to our scripts.

I think something like this "might" work:

inGameUISetEventHandler ["Action", "if (_this select 3 = 'Control Panel') then { hint 'You are not allowed to do this';true}"];

adjusted a bit 

inGameUISetEventHandler ["Action", "if (_this select 4 == ""Open Control Panel"") then { hint ""You are not allowed to do this"";true}"];

this works. Tested at editor and not yet at MP

• Like 1

It's a shedload of work for a little bit of visual authenticity. You've got to make a model of every permutation of the weapon with every supported magazine, with a scripting framework to back it up. I believe toadie and Robalo were looking into something for her weapon packs, but, just like weapon resting, an in-engine solution would be the best.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PuFu said:

DAYUM!!

Quick question: in 0.4.1 or so the way a character holds an AK was changed; before they would hold it by grasping the mag, now they hold it by grasping under the barrel. As far as I know the former is not possible in any way (not even ruPal's mod which previously enabled you to switch between the two grip methods). Is there any chance that being able to grasp the AK by the magazine will be returned? i.e. being able to switch between the two methods? Because I personally preferred holding the AK by the mag, it was more visually pleasing. I only ask because I would assume you guys still have the animation for it, so I thought it might be possible.

4 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

adjusted a bit 

inGameUISetEventHandler ["Action", "if (_this select 4 == ""Open Control Panel"") then { hint ""You are not allowed to do this"";true}"];

this works. Tested at editor and not yet at MP

Great to know! I am sure it would work as intended in mp since its a client function. :)

And here I was thinking the old ak-47 looked pretty good already :D

• Like 2

Do RHS vehicles inherit the new BI driving logic? If I understand it correctly, one of the devs said that mod makers would need to incorporate the logic within their mods themselves, I believe by inheriting from the classes BI improved on their end (from the car class). 

Dev quote from the end of October:

New driving routines are a feature which needs to be enabled per vehicle. All vehicles inheriting from Car class should retain the component and use the new driving system. Thanks to that, mod can use inherited, standard values or override some of them if needed. Some mods I've been checking worked just fine. If you have specific vehicles in mind or you are modding your own and have problems, please share your feedback, here or PM, thanks ;)

RHS has updated since this. Is the logic included now in any of the RHS vehicles?

8 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Do RHS vehicles inherit the new BI driving logic? If I understand it correctly, one of the devs said that mod makers would need to incorporate the logic within their mods themselves, I believe by inheriting from the classes BI improved on their end (from the car class). 

Dev quote from the end of October:

RHS has updated since this. Is the logic included now in any of the RHS vehicles?

All RHS vehicles were always inheriting from BIS base classes so I guess it's working

• Like 4

I noticed the RHS M119 has an indication of the angle of the gun in the optics. Can someone share how you guys did this because I'm at a loss. Thank you very much! 

On 13/03/2017 at 6:35 PM, Anschluss said:

I noticed the RHS M119 has an indication of the angle of the gun in the optics. Can someone share how you guys did this because I'm at a loss. Thank you very much! 

turretInfoType parameter for the gun directs to a class RscInGameUI class with the elevation dialog (RHSUSF_gui_optic_mortar in our case).

Spoiler

class HScrollbar;
class VScrollbar;
class RscText;
class RscControlsGroup;

class RscInGameUI
{
	class RscUnitInfo;

class your_Rsc_optic_classname: RscUnitInfo
	{
		idd = 300;

onLoad="['onLoad',_this,'RscUnitInfo','IGUI'] call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_initDisplay');";

controls[] = {"CA_IGUI_elements_group"};
		class CA_IGUI_elements_group: RscControlsGroup
		{
			idc = 170;
			class VScrollbar: VScrollbar
			{
				width = 0;
			};
			class HScrollbar: HScrollbar
			{
				height = 0;
			};

x = "((safezoneX + safezoneW) - (16.4 * (((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40)) - 0.5 * (((safezoneW /safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40))";
			y = "0 *   (0.025 * SafezoneH) +   (SafezoneY)";
			w = "17 * (((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 40)";
			h = "17 * ((((safezoneW / safezoneH) min 1.2) / 1.2) / 25)";
			class controls
			{
				class CA_Elev: RscText
				{
					idc = 175;
					style = 1;
					sizeEx = "0.032*SafezoneH";
					colorText[] = {0.706,0.0745,0.0196,1};
					shadow = 0;
					font="PuristaBold";
					text = "-80.5";
					x = "-2 * 		(0.01875 * SafezoneH)";
					y = "-0.4 * 		(0.025 * SafezoneH)";
					w = "13 * 		(0.01875 * SafezoneH)";
					h = "13 * 		(0.025 * SafezoneH)";
				};
			};
		};
	};
};

• Like 1

Apologies if this has been brought up, but is it known that the Apache AI gunner is aiming about 10-50m off station from target? Also, when I tell him to use the laser, and then have him fire the laser guided HELLFIRE II the hits are all off target. It makes the apache combat ineffective when using AI.

Any ticket in to fix this?

ISSUE:

i heard, you made the ch53 E leshtow compatible. but it doesn't work.

i looked into the config, and found the values aren't correct. the attachmentpoint is in the ground. 

i suggest something like this:

LESH_canBeTowed=1;
        LESH_towFromFront=1;
        LESH_AxisOffsetTarget[]={0,9.8,0.9};
        LESH_WheelOffset[]={0,-3.5999999};

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6bwq5xe3vu0xa7/20170315000557_1.jpg?dl=0

(far in front, in order not to collide with the refueling bar, while making sharp turns)

On 06.12.2016 at 2:33 PM, Axon1 said:
These crappy googles? The name you did not write it. You probably confused my friend, maybe if you use the old equipment you are 6b34, but not 6b50.

The elements of equipment can also be attributed knee pads, elbow pads, etc.

I think we need to stop the flood.

Crappy googles you meant "6B34" Permyachka, or 6B50 "Ratnik" equipment?

Equipment included it google (6B34):

Equipment of 6B-21-6B22-2:

• 6SH112
  • armour 6b43
  • ballistic armor suit «Permyachka» (photo of suit after message).
  • helmet «6b27» and «6b28»
  • ballistic googles «6b34»-Permyachka (part of Permyachka suit equipment).

Photo of suit (in the middle).

If you need i could RATNIK equipment including describe too....

But we have some problem in discussion i read... 

Russian Army now not use Ratnik equipment at generaly. 

Maybe you confuse the equipment?

Look to the photo down of this text line:

What type of equipment on photo?

Moscow 9th May 2016 parade

Moscow parade 2

Moscow parade 3

So i think what RHS always talking about uniform which was accepted and using by Army? Because serial production of RATNIK equipment planing start at 2020years. Now it is limited production (testing part).

So now army use 6B21-22 suits equipment.....

And..... 6B34 and 6B50 not much difference.

7 hours ago, shaman45th said:

Crappy googles you meant "6B34" Permyachka, or 6B50 "Ratnik" equipment?

Equipment included it google (6B34):

Equipment of 6B-21-6B22-2:

• 6SH112
  • armour 6b43
  • ballistic armor suit «Permyachka» (photo of suit after message).
  • helmet «6b27» and «6b28»
  • ballistic googles «6b34»-Permyachka (part of Permyachka suit equipment).

Photo of suit (in the middle).

If you need i could RATNIK equipment including describe too....

But we have some problem in discussion i read... 

Russian Army now not use Ratnik equipment at generaly. 

Maybe you confuse the equipment?

Look to the photo down of this text line:

What type of equipment on photo?

Moscow 9th May 2016 parade

Moscow parade 2

Moscow parade 3

So i think what RHS always talking about uniform which was accepted and using by Army? Because serial production of RATNIK equipment planing start at 2020years. Now it is limited production (testing part).

So now army use 6B21-22 suits equipment.....

And..... 6B34 and 6B50 not much difference.

It's strange to see a repost of a message, which is almost 4 months old.
But the funniest thing is, you snatched my message out of context and started chattering which does not make sense. This is Pan Samogon said that they are crappy, not me, i was just surprised.

Also it is not clear why you gave examples of photos from the Victory Day parade dating from 2014 and called them as 2016?! Study this question: http://panzicov.livejournal.com/333580.html

And yes glasses 6b34 have a worse overview than 6b50 (not to mention that new glasses are protected better than old ones).

There is no point in continuing this conversation.

• Like 5

Kind of a random question but I just rented a Nitrado Game Server that I wanted to use for a RHS insurgency. I saw that there is a simple way to let the server download the RHS files directly. Could someone share the file? Sry for asking here but I am kind of a noob in setting up a server and writing such tools.

7 hours ago, lumnuon said:

Kind of a random question but I just rented a Nitrado Game Server that I wanted to use for a RHS insurgency. I saw that there is a simple way to let the server download the RHS files directly. Could someone share the file? Sry for asking here but I am kind of a noob in setting up a server and writing such tools.

RHS is on steam now, so why not get the server to download from there?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

RHS is on steam now, so why not get the server to download from there?

That´s the point. I don´t know how because I am an idiot :down:

AGAIN!!

ISSUE:

i heard, you made the ch53 E leshtow compatible. but it doesn't work.

i looked into the config, and found the values aren't correct. the attachmentpoint is in the ground. 

i suggest something like this:

LESH_canBeTowed=1;
        LESH_towFromFront=1;
        LESH_AxisOffsetTarget[]={0,9.8,0.9};
        LESH_WheelOffset[]={0,-3.5999999};

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6bwq5xe3vu0xa7/20170315000557_1.jpg?dl=0

(far in front, in order not to collide with the refueling bar, while making sharp turns)