8 hours ago, kilo-bravo said:

i like the idea of another thread that way if the some of the authors want ideas or what not  there can look for ideas.

That already exists over here: 

6 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Indeed. As far as the forum goes, it seems that the true problem with requests is not the requests themselves, but the fact that everyone seems compelled to made a "no requests!" post, snark and jump on the requester instead of contributing to the discussion in a meaningful way. If there was a rule against those posts, the thread would be a lot tidier than if requests themselves were removed. :)

EDIT: Mods, please merge, the forum is being dumb again.

If you have any rule suggestions, i would send them the head moderator BohiemaBeck. Now shall we get back on topic :f:

• Like 1

Looks like there's some vanilla FCS additions along the way!
I know you've worked very, very hard on tailoring your own systems, but will there be any plans to also implement, or cater to the vanilla systems?
Or is it simply to early to tell?

2 hours ago, Kniazzy said:

Looks like there's some vanilla FCS additions along the way!
I know you've worked very, very hard on tailoring your own systems, but will there be any plans to also implement, or cater to the vanilla systems?
Or is it simply to early to tell?

Actually some of our members are contributing to that. So rest assured that if all meets our needs we will definitely use the system.

• Like 14

If I wanted to detect whether or not the MHQ shelter was deployed, is there a variable or something I can check against?  Or do I need to detect the animation and work off of that?

19 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Actually some of our members are contributing to that. So rest assured that if all meets our needs we will definitely use the system.

Great news!
Really cool to hear that they've got community members helping, too.

On 4.3.2017 at 6:51 PM, quiet_man said:

Hello,

thank you for this great mod. I play it many times with my friends. We also like the touches you did to make the game play more realistic: like weight of rockets when loaded or the requirement to have a full crew on a tank.

The side effect (don't think it is intended) that you cannot use "fire at will" on AI controlled tanks when the team is controlled by player. The AI only fires at assigned targets. That can make controlling tanks an headache, where we use e.g. one or two AI tanks for overwatch..

If you could look into this or give an hint if there is a way to make AI tanks "fire on sight" on their own. Thank you.

stupid me, just recognized the rocket effect is from Arma itself. Playing so much RHS :P

If you can look into the AI tank behaviour given the "fire at will" command, that would be great. Thank you.

Thread cleaned up. Now back on topic :f:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kniazzy said:

Great news!
Really cool to hear that they've got community members helping, too.

Actually, the new system is, at this point pretty much exactly what RHS been using for years. :) Which is a very good thing. Hopefully there's more to come.

• Like 3

Every time when I fired from RHS tanks main guns - I get 1 sec lag-freeze.  Vanilla tanks doesn`t have this problem for me. Maybe it cause by custom big muzzle flash from cannon?

Hi, is there something in the vehicle damage system which would effect the hit/killedBy eventhandlers? When i get killed by AT i dont get the Killer and it registered as friendlyfire incident.

What's the script to toggle the Mi-8's headlights? The only script in Mi-8's UserActions in the config viewer is for the interior lights.

40 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

What's the script to toggle the Mi-8's headlights? The only script in Mi-8's UserActions in the config viewer is for the interior lights.

Headlights use game's native lightOn action, the same as all vehicles.

Problem is that Arma's AI will turn off helicopter lights whenever you tell them to turn the lights on. So one has to loop the action (which apparently isn't multiplayer friendly) or think up some other cunning solutions. There are plenty of threads about it if you search "Helicopter searchlight"

31 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Headlights use game's native lightOn action, the same as all vehicles.

Problem is that Arma's AI will turn off helicopter lights whenever you tell them to turn the lights on. So one has to loop the action (which apparently isn't multiplayer friendly) or think up some other cunning solutions. There are plenty of threads about it if you search "Helicopter searchlight"

How infuriating... well thanks nonetheless :)

EDIT: This seems to work perfectly: null=[] spawn { while {true} do { player action ["lightOn", heli1]; sleep 0.01};};

• Like 1

long overdue texture (and variants) upgrade:
prECLkJ.png?1

• Like 46

Awesome! I'm sorry to say I usually avoid using the AK(S)-74(U) simply because the textures are too WIP for my taste... looking forward to this with anticipation :)

7 hours ago, PuFu said:

long overdue texture (and variants) upgrade:

Fantastic work! :smile_o:

Holy crap - an actual non-airsoft scope mount! (*saluting intensifies)

On 14.02.2017 at 9:30 PM, PuFu said:

in general terms, as per eula, you are not allowed to reverse engineer our content. That said, if be BI turns a blind eye, so can we, especially since the alternative is releasing samples for everything, which means a LOT of time we don't have.

yes, you are NOT allowed to repack and re-distribute RHS content (in parts or in full) - for whatever reason, be it personal, squad/clan related or whatever else you might thing of.

I think I managed to paint the c-130. Small question may I release a small mod which has only the new paa with config setup? It will be dependent on RHS with credits for sure.

One remark, C-130 base paa has single side body, so if I write something on the body it is shown reverse on the other side :-(
Is there a trick to prevent it?

11 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

1. I think I managed to paint the c-130. Small question may I release a small mod which has only the new paa with config setup? It will be dependent on RHS with credits for sure.

2. One remark, C-130 base paa has single side body, so if I write something on the body it is shown reverse on the other side :-(
Is there a trick to prevent it?

1. yeah

2. not unless the decals are handled by a mc map on secondary uv set (most content is not setup that way, especially ported a2 content)

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

2. not unless the decals are handled by a mc map on secondary uv set (most content is not setup that way, especially ported a2 content)

I see only following files for body

c130j_body_as.paa,c130j_body_co.paa, c130j_body_nohq.paa, c130j_body_smdi.paa, c130j_body_ti_ca.paa

No idea which one is mc map or uv set :/
I only modified the c130j_body_co.paa file and used it at the moment via script (settexture thingy)

I guess like you mentioned it is not possible to handle the reversal of texts for this object right?

1 minute ago, Devastator_cm said:

I guess like you mentioned it is not possible to handle the reversal of texts for this object right?

yes, precisely. the answer to your specific question is - no it cannot be done for the c130

i have expanded on the subject of mirroring a single side, and the fact that there are workarounds IF the model is unwraped to use an MC map for decals, which is not the case here