It's rather hard to tell given that the worst possible angle to try and identify any AK-like rifle. Definitely an Eotech on there though.

1 minute ago, galet_ykt said:

Add?

Spoiler

let the show begin:uzi:

• Like 4

If the RHS team have no objections, I might open a separate RHS request thread? You guys and girls never have to look at it if you dont want, but hopefully it would  keep all of it from this thread, and it will stop the pointless bickering that occurs here all the time, with people asking for things, then other people getting all worked up and giving out a lot..etc etc..

Let me know.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

If the RHS team have no objections, I might open a separate RHS request thread? You guys and girls never have to look at it if you dont want, but hopefully it would  keep all of it from this thread, and it will stop the pointless bickering that occurs here all the time, with people asking for things, then other people getting all worked up and giving out a lot..etc etc..

Let me know.

I do however think that people will still request here and ignore that thread.

• Like 7

Requests then need to be moderated out of existence in this thread :)

19 minutes ago, kremator said:

Requests then need to be moderated out of existence in this thread :)

Well that was my reasoning..Because I am totally sick of having to deal with this thread :D

• Like 4

Put the new thread up, then wield your mighty bananahammer.  Cruel to be kind.

8 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there a way to limit the control panel in c-130 to specific positions? I.e. pilot, co-pilot etc?
I don't want the infantry sitting at back mass with it :)

Totaly up for this,if you could lock panel to pilot and copilot only would be cool

Regarding Russian Spetsnaz/Spec Ops, are they, as a whole, moving more towards the western style gear?  I've noticed several articles, pics online of Spetsnaz units in Crye gear and ops core helmets.

I ask because I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on Russian military as US.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

Regarding Russian Spetsnaz/Spec Ops, are they, as a whole, moving more towards the western style gear?

it depends on SF Group..for example  in syria they use 90% western gear (unforms,helmets,vests).

You can check little mod (in my signature)  Special Operations Forces of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Let me know.

Are requests even truly allowed? I know it's always been an understood rule of etiquette (for most people) not to make pointless requests, but are there any forum rules against it? Or is it more of a "if the modmakers have a problem with it, we'll step in" kind of a deal (and I guess this could apply to anything interpreted as "spam", including even questions like this one)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chaingunfighter said:

Are requests even truly allowed? I know it's always been an understood rule of etiquette (for most people) not to make pointless requests, but are there any forum rules against it? Or is it more of a "if the modmakers have a problem with it, we'll step in" kind of a deal (and I guess this could apply to anything interpreted as "spam", including even questions like this one)

There is no forum rule against requests-and I am very glad of that fact. There is nothing wrong with asking for requests or queries-in most cases..However due to the massive volume of requests etc that the RHS thread is assaulted with daily, it has become almost an unofficial rule in this case only.

Where a mod maker specifically asks for no requests to be made, moderators will often remove the request post-but won;t actually sanction the poster of it.

Anyway-Let's get back on track

New to the forums, but I'm super psyched this mod is on Steam now, and I'm really liking the inclusion of PASGT gear and German equipment as well. The Cold War nerd in me is loving it.

5 hours ago, sammael said:

can someone say this AK model and scope name? 

0351ff455b12.jpg

judging by that magazine, i'd say 7.62 ak103 rather than 5.45 ak74m, but i might be wrong due to camera deformation:

1. XPS3+G33 scope on midwest industries weaver side mount

2. lower Zenitco B10M or Zentico B30 handguard

3. upper Zenitco B19H gas-tube

4. some generic and rather poor quality (40 rounds maybe ?) 7.62/5.45 magazine

4 hours ago, galet_ykt said:

you asking us if YOU are gonna add that or not?

3 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Let me know.

i thought requests goes into addon request thread....as SA said, i doubt anyone will mind, but i also doubt anyone will post there if from the get go they will be told no one will actually have a look over these requests to begin with...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Let me know.

I always thought that requesting in a thread that was WIP or Done even was not allowed..I figured thats what the request thread was for.

I think adding another thread isnt going to do much anyway regardless of what "rules" are posted..I would not want to try and moderate a thread like that...the only request I was ever granted was my divorce..lol

Diesel

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, diesel tech jc said:

I always thought that requesting in a thread that was WIP or Done even was not allowed..I figured thats what the request thread was for.

I think adding another thread isnt going to do much anyway regardless of what "rules" are posted..I would not want to try and moderate a thread like that...the only request I was ever granted was my divorce..lol

Diesel

Fair enough, point taken. 

Since people seem very confused as to what is and isn;t in the forum rules...Why doesn't everyone take a read of them now? https://forums.bistudio.com/guidelines/

• Like 3

Is RHS meant to be played without ACE? I know there are unofficial compatibility files but should I just forego ACE when using RHS to keep things simple? 

In its natural form it doesn't require ACE. If you want to, use those compatibility files, if not, NBD

To me it'd seem easier to just ignore the request posts instead of posting 2 paragraphs of ranting each time someone asks for RHS to add The Everything

• Like 4

i like the idea of another thread that way if the some of the authors want ideas or what not  there can look for ideas.

16 hours ago, Devastator_cm said:

Is there a way to limit the control panel in c-130 to specific positions? I.e. pilot, co-pilot etc?
I don't want the infantry sitting at back mass with it :)

Another question is, how can I turn on/off interior light and jump light via script?
I checked the variable on c-130 but didn't see any related one

I have already asked this question a couple of pages back. The answer was there are currently no way, scripting or otherwise, to limit who is able to access the control panel.

Hopefully with enough support they will consider changing or adapting this.

• Like 1

Thanks twakkie. In this case I will shoot the ones who touch that control panel without permission

14 minutes ago, Devastator_cm said:

Thanks twakkie. In this case I will shoot the ones who touch that control panel without permission

I have been looking at the command inGameUISetEventHandler to counter this.

I just havent had the time, new kid in the crib, to actually sit down and add it to our scripts.

I think something like this "might" work:

inGameUISetEventHandler ["Action", "if (_this select 3 = 'Control Panel') then { hint 'You are not allowed to do this';true}"];

Indeed. As far as the forum goes, it seems that the true problem with requests is not the requests themselves, but the fact that everyone seems compelled to made a "no requests!" post, snark and jump on the requester instead of contributing to the discussion in a meaningful way. If there was a rule against those posts, the thread would be a lot tidier than if requests themselves were removed. :)

9 hours ago, Kerc Kasha said:

To me it'd seem easier to just ignore the request posts instead of posting 2 paragraphs of ranting each time someone asks for RHS to add The Everything

EDIT: Mods, please merge, the forum is being dumb again.

Edited by R0adki11
merged as per request, please report as we don't read every thread.
  • Like 1