43 minutes ago, Cel.Geoffry said:

Does anyone have the name of the Chernarus Defense Forces faction to use in ALIVE? Thank you

Any faction configured properly for ALiVE uses the faction name, which can be found by right clicking on any unit from the faction in the editor, and going to the config options.

However I'm not familiar with this faction myself. Which RHS mod are they from? If GREF or SAF, they're probably not made using vanilla config groups standards (I'm under the impression RHS configures groups differently). Meaning they won't work.

If that's the case, you can configure them yourself using the ALiVE ORBAT tool. That, or someone may have already done that. Check the ALiVE forum (alivemod.com forums) sticky on ORBAT to see if it's already been made. 

Thanks for the new update RHS! I'm enjoying the new Serbian forces and all the new additions to RHS. (PASGT helmets - thankyou so much for that! Pity there isn't a bare version though lol. :p )

Also whilst I'm on the new update - anyone else experienced any unusual occurrences with it? AFRF, GREF and SAF seem to suffering from missing weapon magazines, lacklustre of icons, texture errors, memory crashes and missing scripts. I'm thinking it might be something to do with AFRF. Tested it with just RHS and CBA - still receiving the same outcome.

57d7b5230d2060b668d83876a07a86be_thumb.j Just an example.

Other than that please keep up the good work! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, outlaw2101 said:

Thanks for the new update RHS! I'm enjoy the new Serbian forces and all the new additions to RHS. (PASGT helmets - thankyou so much for that! Pity there isn't a bare version though lol. :p )

Also whilst I'm on the new update - anyone else experienced any unusual occurrences with it? AFRF, GREF and SAF seem to suffering from missing weapon magazines, lacklustre of icons, texture errors, memory crashes and missing scripts. I'm thinking it might be something to do with AFRF. Tested it with just RHS and CBA - still receiving the same outcome.

57d7b5230d2060b668d83876a07a86be_thumb.j Just an example.

Other than that please keep up the good work! 

You have a bad Arma 3 version. Update to the latest and all your sorrows will go away.

3 hours ago, outlaw2101 said:

Thanks for the new update RHS! I'm enjoying the new Serbian forces and all the new additions to RHS. (PASGT helmets - thankyou so much for that! Pity there isn't a bare version though lol. :p )

But there is, look closely under RHS: SAF headgear (it's M97 helmet but it's basically a copy of PASGT) :)

Here it is in one of my screens

33017974915_4f0b0a2e98_b.jpg

• Like 12

The Green and black M97s are such an awesome addition, it offers so much potential for semi-modernized factions. Plus black PASGTs are still very common as police tactical helmets

• Like 5

got a question  concerning the CH-53 and Alive    when i use the Support modules and i try to spawn a RHS CH-53 it produces an error and wont spawn the copper  same thing happens to the CUP CH-53   anybody knows whats going on ? 

So I noticed that for a few armored vehicles the barrel will raise when reloading to allow the reloading to take place, but that this does not occur for the BTR. While the BTR's KPVT could technically be reloaded while i.e. horizontal, it's more difficult and in practice BTR crews bring the KPVT to its highest elevation (60°) to reload it, as the KPVT is just a big belt-fed machine gun and this makes reloading a lot easier.

For reference:

I suggest this only because some vehicles already raise their barrels when reloading, so I thought it might not be too much of a hassle to implement (as if anything that is lol)... sorry if this is crossing a line.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, supergruntsb78 said:

got a question  concerning the CH-53 and Alive    when i use the Support modules and i try to spawn a RHS CH-53 it produces an error and wont spawn the copper  same thing happens to the CUP CH-53   anybody knows whats going on ? 

Seeing as this isn't RHS related, come on over the ALiVE forums (ideally with a simple repro mission on a vanilla map).

2 hours ago, Aniallator said:

So I noticed that for a few armored vehicles the barrel will raise when reloading to allow the reloading to take place, but that this does not occur for the BTR. While the BTR's KPVT could technically be reloaded while i.e. horizontal, it's more difficult and in practice BTR crews bring the KPVT to its highest elevation (60°) to reload it, as the KPVT is just a big belt-fed machine gun and this makes reloading a lot easier.

For reference:

I suggest this only because some vehicles already raise their barrels when reloading, so I thought it might not be too much of a hassle to implement (as if anything that is lol)... sorry if this is crossing a line.

Nice idea, can you open a feedback post pls?

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Will do!

22 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

Yes, it's realy a nice idea!

Thanks RHS for another update! I hope your work find's never an end and you devs enjoy your work on your mods. Thank you very much!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Polyus said:

When did it stop being the Motherland?

Because it's crude translate.The Russian counterpart to this word have slightly diffirent meaning.

As example - the war of 41-45 in USSR in crude translate called 'The Great Fatherland War'.But the main battlecry during this war was 'For The Motherland,For Stalin'.

It's complicated to explain,if you don't learn Russian or any other ex-USSR language.Just like Finnish word 'Sisu',which have waaaaay much more meanings.

• Like 3

Is it just me, or is there some kind of trick to getting MCLOS missiles on the early Mi-24D to work? I have an APC targeted, hovering steadily (autohover at near 0 vertical speed) and order my gunner to fire, but the missile doesn't guide, it just flies straight ahead.

2 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Because it's crude translate.The Russian counterpart to this word have slightly diffirent meaning.

As example - the war of 41-45 in USSR in crude translate called 'The Great Fatherland War'.But the main battlecry during this war was 'For The Motherland,For Stalin'.

It's complicated to explain,if you don't learn Russian or any other ex-USSR language.Just like Finnish word 'Sisu',which have waaaaay much more meanings.

Ah, OK, thanks for explaining that.

First of, I really enjoy playing with RHS it is such a great mod! Thank you all for your hard work! :)

But I do have a question, is there no scope for the gunner of the BMP-1? I got into one earlier and I could not aim at all because there was no scope for the gunner. Only the commander had a scope, seems like a bug or I missed something.

Num 0? Right click? There should be a fixed-power daytime optic. Which BMP-1?

Should be the BMP-1P I think, the one with the orange launcher on top of it.

Right clicking did nothing, no change to anything. The launcher on the BMP has a Scope but not the gun itself which seems strange. In this case aiming is only possible via the third person crosshair.

Thank you for another great update, RHS team. Greatly appreciated :)

6 hours ago, Zantza said:

Press Numpad +.

Ah thank you very much, that was the key I was missing! :)

Hey. I would like to ask you guys from RHS if you have any list of WIP assets,vehicles etc.? Thanks

Best regards DonbassCZ

Just a thought, when dynamic loadout hits the main branch, would that be possible to have R-73/R-74 and Igla launchers for Russian helos?

mi8t-7.jpg
This one here is a two-tube Igla launcher, but Mi-28 can also carry the R-73 (of which the R-74 is an improved variant of). I'm feeling that Russian attack helos lack in AA power a bit. The US ones can all Sidewinders for that purpose.

Also, I'm seeing a strange bug with the Mi-8 HUD. Aside from a green tint on the glass itself, there seems to be a larger "green pane" of sorts, in front of it. It has the same shape, but has jagged edges and doesn't seem to be connected to anything.

• Like 1