New 400mb update for the RHS mods on Steam. Any changelog? There are no change notes on Steam.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zhivets said:

New 400mb update for the RHS mods on Steam. Any changelog? There are no change notes on Steam.

There is one if you check the contents of the addon after the download ... nice little update

• Like 4

This steam workshop relocation is the best thing ever. I love you guys.

• Like 6

Can we get the direct download links please? I prefer not to use steam workshop. Thanks
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, churrofighter said:

Can we get the direct download links please? I prefer not to use steam workshop. Thanks emoji6.png

There wont be any direct download from us anymore (other than moddb when we get the time to update).

Steam will for now be the only way to update until hosters like Armaholic updated their servers.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, churrofighter said:

Can we get the direct download links please? I prefer not to use steam workshop. Thanks emoji6.png

unlikely that will happen. why don't you use SW to begin with?

edit: ninjaed

1 minute ago, sammael said:

Can Wget updater- update mod to the latest version?

No, Wget updater is not used anymore i believe, as their server couldn't handle the big amount of downloads, Steam Workshop has them now though

2 minutes ago, sammael said:

No. Wget hasn't been used at all since 0.4.1.1, so it wont update to the last version (0.4.2) never mind the latest hotfix version.

Play with Six and Armaholic have both updated to 0.4.2.1 now by the looks, if people are seeking mirrors other than Workshop

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sammael said:

RHS announced after the last update that WGET would no longer be available and that the majority of their downloads will be done through steam, everyone cried about the addon NOT being on steam, and now that it's on steam.......well.

It's just been proven why, as much as I dislike steam at times, it's easier to update small fixes, rather than having to download a full mod again. Steam updates only update the pbo's that have been changed.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, road runner said:

It's just been proven why, as much as I dislike steam at times, it's easier to update small fixes, rather than having to download a full mod again. Steam updates only update the pbo's that have been changed.

This is the entire reason I prefer Steam as the distribution method. Yes, it can be temperamental at times. Yes, the initial download might be bad for people who don't have ridiculous space-internet. But at the end of the day, out of all options available, I think the benefits of the platform far outweigh the downsides.

To quote one of my favorite DCS developers: Works On My Machine!™

• Like 2

Is there anyway to DL a steam workshop package with steamcmd.exe ?

Dedicated server, so no workshop access, 9gb @ 350kb/s :dontgetit:

39 minutes ago, road runner said:

Steam updates only update the pbo's that have been changed.

Wget  was doing the same function. RIP Wget

1 hour ago, El Tyranos said:

Is there anyway to DL a steam workshop package with steamcmd.exe ?

Dedicated server, so no workshop access, 9gb @ 350kb/s :dontgetit:

unrelated to RHS to begin with...

• Like 1

Is there any way to just get the files that got updated..as it sits alot of us have to re-download the entire Mod then re-upload the entire Mod to the servers..for alot of us thats 4-5 hours or more just doing uploads with ftp. If there were just files that were updated it would be easier to just overwrite what we already have. Maybe that could be an option in the future.

Diesel