1 hour ago, ski2060 said:

Dunno if this fits into the "don't make requests", because I'm not asking for this to happen...

Has the RHS team looked into the current DEV build with the Jets DLC content being tested?
If so, are there plans to incorporate the new Sensor/Targeting/Weapon content into RHS vehicles in anything other than a default manner?

And you need to know this because...

Well... my unit uses RHS as one of our base mods.  The Jets DLC will be a paradigm change in sensors and targeting and long range weapons use. 
I was just interested in whether the RHS team is planning to incorporate the new sensors with vanilla default ranges and sensors, or if they thought about how to integrate the new DLC with more realistic ranges.

Do I need to know this?  No.  
Will this change the game significantly and make units that want realism aspects pushed to the limits look for other mods that fit their wishes?  Yes.

Keep in mind that RHS doesn't depend on dev branch features and has no public dev branch of its own. So you have to wait for the RHS update that will come after Jets DLC to see any progress on that front. 

That said, I can't wait to see RHS take advantage of those features. If only to try filling every pylon on a Su-25 with gun pods. :) 

• Like 1

Yeah.  I'll just wait and see what they do with it.  I guess it all depends on how much work they want to do after JETS comes out.  It will require quite a bit of cfg work to set all the vehicles to have anything other than default vanilla sensors.

2 hours ago, sargken said:

RHS: Make Jets Great Again

^^This.

But the T50 and F22 are nearly perfect to fly IMO. Really nice dogfights with them!

Great mod, thanks.  Can anyone give me a clue as to how I get the guided missiles on the littlebird (the one with the hellfire) to lock on?  I press t, my pilot calls the order for gunner to target but he doesn't fire.  If I go manual fire I press t & get the square box but no tone or diamond box?  Any help appreciated.

Perhaps they have access to some secret Russian plans. :) The way things are going in the US, maybe they should put a map of Russia on the USAF page, as well...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Perhaps they have access to some secret Russian plans. :) The way things are going in the US, maybe they should put a map of Russia on the USAF page, as well...

Really you want to bring politics into this wow. Sad #MEGA

17 minutes ago, sargken said:

Really you want to bring politics into this wow. Sad #MEGA

Says the only member here with a political logo in his signature :dontgetit: Sad #ORANGE

• Like 2

Aww, just as it was about to get hilarious... :) 

Let's have some actual feedback, then. Is it normal that a Zenitco AK-103 fitted with a front grip, a muzzlebrake and a holosight seems to have almost no inertia or sway, and also very low recoil? I was able to snipe a guy at 500m in the Arsenal, while standing and with the gun on full auto. Is it a bug, or are these things really that good?

Also, it seems that it's possible to fit an AK-74M muzzlebrake (the one specifically designated as such) onto AK-103. Are they compatible in reality, despite different caliber?

Here is my server log.  I have my RHS key in the server key folder and I have it added to my command line as well but RHS still kicks back this error.

Here is my commandline for reference.

-profiles=C:\games\108_61_104_103_2302\1348690\arma3\config -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -IP=108.61.104.103 -world=empty -gtqueryport=2304 -autoInit -mod=@CBA_A3;@Cup_Terrains_Core;@Cup_Terrains_Maps;@RHS_USAF;@FA-18;@VSM;@Arma_Enhanced_Movement;@Spec4Gear;@SMA;@MRT;@TRYK;@ASR_AI3

=====================================================================
== c:\games\108_61_104_103_2302\1348690\arma3\arma3server.exe
== c:\games\108_61_104_103_2302\1348690\arma3\arma3server.exe -profiles=C:\games\108_61_104_103_2302\1348690\arma3\config -config=server.cfg -port=2302 -IP=108.61.104.103 -world=empty -gtqueryport=2304 -autoInit -mod=@CBA_A3;@Cup_Terrains_Core;@Cup_Terrains_Maps;@RHS_USAF;@FA-18;@VSM;@Arma_Enhanced_Movement;@Spec4Gear;@SMA;@MRT;@TRYK;@ASR_AI3

Original output filename: Arma3Retail_Server
Exe timestamp: 2016/12/07 10:50:01
Current time:  2017/02/17 18:53:15

Type: Public
Build: Stable
Version: 1.66.139586

Allocator: c:\games\108_61_104_103_2302\1348690\arma3\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
=====================================================================

18:53:15 SteamAPI initialization failed. Steam features wont's be accessible!
18:53:15 Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_ACTIVESENSORSTOGGLE
18:53:15 Cannot register unknown string STR_CONTROLS_TOOLTIPS_SENSORS
18:53:15 Cannot register unknown string STR_CLIENT_IS_HOST
18:53:15 Cannot register unknown string STR_CLIENT_IS_DS_ADMIN
18:53:15 Initializing stats manager.
18:53:15 Stats config disabled.
18:53:15 sessionID: 204e57932f1e6df30d61c3d1454cadf9f7795528
18:53:19 Error 20 reading file 'c:\games\108_61_104_103_2302\1348690\arma3\@RHS_USAF\addons\rhsusf_a2port_air.pbo'
ErrorMessage: Cannot open file 'c:\games\108_61_104_103_2302\1348690\arma3\@RHS_USAF\addons\rhsusf_a2port_air'

Politics is for off topic, funny or not. This is a video game forum, not some one-sided FOX or MSNBC fuckfest or C-SPAN's House of Commons, funny as the latter may be to those of us unaffected by it :)

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

Aww, just as it was about to get hilarious... :) 

Let's have some actual feedback, then. Is it normal that a Zenitco AK-103 fitted with a front grip, a muzzlebrake and a holosight seems to have almost no inertia or sway, and also very low recoil? I was able to snipe a guy at 500m in the Arsenal, while standing and with the gun on full auto. Is it a bug, or are these things really that good?

Also, it seems that it's possible to fit an AK-74M muzzlebrake (the one specifically designated as such) onto AK-103. Are they compatible in reality, despite different caliber?

The muzzle device system on AK-74 and later pattern is cross-compatible with each other, the device's ends are all made large enough to fit both 5.45 and 7.62 going through unless otherwise stated; you could swap a DTK from an 80's AK-74 onto a modern 7.62 AK no problem if the muzzle dimensions are correct. Suppressors are of course another matter

Images of AK-103 recoil pattern with and without attachments (regular DTK included of course), and AK-74M with and without for comparison

Spoiler

AK-103 Without

20CD2A602796BC7BB11C46817B3870B766A867BD

AK-103 With FFG-2 and DTK-3

645C265D8C05DE7D50E181FBAB1D010E7D095ED9

AK-74M Without

D71E9BA1D9DA570501EBC1EB8A8D072619F1D083

AK-74M With

795C7AFE1432909EDA4D03FB5CFC689F9FC7EAED

I initially thought the same, but it seems to have been placebo from the holosight (I did do a 74M test with for comparison, was similar to #4 so I didn't pic). As far as I can tell, any difference is within margin of error since actually doing multiple samples and then the math for an average would take too much time to be worth the effort for me

If you have a particular combination in mind, show us, or tell us so we can see for ourselves and you can be lazy :tongue:

• Like 1

I didn't mean muzzle climb. That is noticeable, though surprisingly easily compensated for, even on the 103. I mean inertia and sway. You can turn as if you're carrying a pistol and snipe from a standing position. That's despite the AK-103 being a full-length assault rifle, even if it is tacticooled up with Zenitco accessories.

Pictures can't demonstrate it, but I can confirm what you're saying, and that it applies to all weapons and all grips. Muzzlebrakes and holosights have nothing to do with it, though. Since it took me a second to understand it, let me put it in simpler terms in case others are having trouble: what he is describing is the lack of sight deviation after swinging the gun around. For other weapons as well as RHS weapons without a grip attached, after moving the weapon rapidly and trying to sight it in, you'll find the sight trying to drift off. This is due to the barrel, forend, and their attachments having weight, thus when you try to stop it suddenly, law of inertia interferes, and residual energy tried to push the gun right (yes its unrealistic but reality is unrealistic so deal), while attaching a grip causes this deviation to disappear. 

However, this may be intentional, to represent what the foregrip actually does in real life, offering a more ergonomic hand position than a rifle grip (especially against rails without a glove or KAC-style cover) and greater control over what the front of the gun is doing than a mag grip. The M27 TD Grip does the same thing with the foregrip "integral" rather than attached a la the other weapons.

• Like 1

I suppose it's hard to balance that kind of effect. Make it too subtle and the grips become essentially cosmetic items. Make it too strong and it makes things too easy. BIS spent quite a few updates fiddling with inertia and sight transition. 

Right now, it seem to be on the excessive side, especially inertia reduction. I'm fine with reduced sway, but it shouldn't affect turning speed by that much.

yeah grips don't affect weapon recoil, just inertia (and add to the weapon's total mass). The inertia reduction from those grips can be adjusted but like you say dragon01 it needs to be in the middle point between pointless and OP.

Is it possible to add options exclusionary system "start / stop" for the engines?

No, if users had the option to change how quickly their vehicles started up on an individual basis, it would present problems in multiplayer.

If you read the changelog, you'd see that mission designers have the option to set RHS_ENGINE_STARTUP_OFF = true;

• Like 1

Thanks for the answer. Not everyone plays in multi and what about older missions? In my tank I want to decide when to light and extinguish the motor. Stupid AI turns it off at the second intersection. It is practically impossible shooting from behind the curtains, or because you can not lean out or withdraw. If there is no other way that someone knows how to turn off this option in the mission Hetman War Stories?

2 hours ago, Pyjter said:

Thanks for the answer. Not everyone plays in multi and what about older missions? In my tank I want to decide when to light and extinguish the motor. Stupid AI turns it off at the second intersection. It is practically impossible shooting from behind the curtains, or because you can not lean out or withdraw. If there is no other way that someone knows how to turn off this option in the mission Hetman War Stories?

That's strange, checked it right now and for me AI turns off engine after being idle for longer than 4 minutes or something like that. Maybe you have some mod which changes AI behavior in that field?

• Like 2