Hey guys,

has the MELB been updated with the 0.4.2 RHS update, especially the laser designation issues?

This maybe is simple question for somebody, but what is difference between:

Mi-24V (AT)

Mi-24V (CAS)

Mi-24V (UPK)

what those short names stand for? 

They're loadouts. AT is an anti-tank setup, CAS is a close-air support loadout, and UPK is equipped with gunpods.

• Like 1

Basically AT = more ATGMs; CAS = more FFARs; and UPK = 2x gunpods

• Like 1

17 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Optics mode is the Raduga fire control system for the SACLOS missiles (the scope on the right that goes down to the sight-head on the side of the nose).

It shouldn't aim the gun, which is slaved to the KPS-53AV unit in the middle of the gunner's cockpit with the reflex sight.

thx didn't know those details...so mi24 is very bad at aiming at target with cannon in comparison to the AH 1 cobra...can't see nothing with it...instead the Saclos Optics is cristal clear...i hope i can use that one to aim also with cannon

4 minutes ago, zio sam said:

so mi24 is very bad at aiming at target with cannon in comparison to the AH 1 cobra

Certainly, given the age of the Mi-24V and Mi-24P variants available in the mod, compared to the a modern system like AH-1Z.

Unless we go balls-out and make a proper Mi-35M some day, where the gun (GSh-23V 23mm now) and missiles are both slaved to a GOES-342 electro-optical turret in a similar manner to the Ka-52 or Mi-28, and TADS on the AH-64 or TSS on the AH-1.

But don't expect that any time soon.

• Like 2

The -35M just looks... wrong anyways, in my opinion. Fixed gear, stubby little chicken wings; that is not the Hind I fell in love with!

HUGE upgrade to the platform for sure, but... I dunno. My heart will always belong to the 80's.

On an unrelated note- I was wondering something. With the main distribution source being the Steam Workshop, now, has the release pipeline changed at all? Not in regards to content, per se, (obviously the time it takes to get models, textures, coding and all that working isn't going to change no matter how it's released,) but if, say, something needed a hotfix or had been looked over on a major release, are there any plans to release smaller patches to fix these things in between major ones? I may be wrong, but isn't one of the major advantages of Steam Workshop the ability to patch mods without having to make the end user re-download the whole package?

I'm pleased as punch either way, but I'm genuinely curious as to how that all works.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ss9 said:

On the Littlebirds:  Can the monitor be made to default to FLIR view?  Kinda pointless without that.

Anything in the works for something like that on 1 of the Apache Pilot's MFD's?  Would be nice to see what the gunner is looking at ;)

Sounds very much like a request :f:

• Like 1

Is there a way to assign tank ammo types through script in the same manner as the Eden attributes menu? Admittedly I know next to nothing about ArmA scripting but it doesn't seem to use the typical AddMagazine function.

I know it's probably been mentioned a million times before, but how do you keep a steady sight picture when operating a bolt action sniper rifle, without it waving all over the place and having to reacquire targets? I generally don't use sniper rifles but thought I'd give it a go, now I know why I don't use them!! :shrug: lol

2 minutes ago, road runner said:

I know it's probably been mentioned a million times before, but how do you keep a steady sight picture when operating a bolt action sniper rifle, without it waving all over the place and having to reacquire targets? I generally don't use sniper rifles but thought I'd give it a go, now I know why I don't use them!! :shrug: lol

That has to do with the reload animation. If you keep left click held down, it'll delay the animation till you release the click - so at least you can see where it landed.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gossamersolid said:

That has to do with the reload animation. If you keep left click held down, it'll delay the animation till you release the click - so at least you can see where it landed.

Yeah but any sniper/hunter/stalker worth his weight can rack the bolt without the scope losing the sight picture, regardless of the calibre, I used to do predator control in my old job, I had a .270, I could lay in the prone, fire a full magazine, without ever taking the cross hairs off the target, it just seems too overdone here, maybe I'm missing an extra key press?

• Like 5

Use the manual bolting feature in RHS options, You just click again to rack it once you've seen whether you hit the target or whatever.

I like it, if your used to playing Red Orchestra it should be familiar.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, miketim said:

Use the manual bolting feature in RHS options, You just click again to rack it once you've seen whether you hit the target or whatever.

I like it, if your used to playing Red Orchestra it should be familiar.

Yeah, much better

• Like 1

Is it only for me-Mi 28N automatic target tracking not work?(I try to turn it on with  max zoom mode like in Ka 52)
On Ka 52 everything work perfect.
Questions about BMD-4M. Bakcha - U system have a coordinate measuring system (GPS / GLONASS), which provides indirect fire. This function is implemented in mod or not? I ask because I don`t quite figured out with manual adjustment(key "B")

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, sammael said:

Is it only for me-Mi 28N automatic target tracking not work?(I try to turn it on with  max zoom mode like in Ka 52)
On Ka 52 everything work perfect.
Questions about BMD-4M. Bakcha - U system have a coordinate measuring system (GPS / GLONASS), which provides indirect fire. This function is implemented in mod or not? I ask because I don`t quite figured out with manual adjustment(key "B")

Reveal hidden contents

Are you in thermal mode?

As for indirect fire neither bmd nor BMP 3 have this option in game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, road runner said:

Yeah, much better

Maybe you know that already bud, but even without the RHS manual bolting, if you keep pressed LMB after you shoot, it wait to reload until you let the button go....

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

Are you in thermal mode?

As for indirect fire neither bmd nor BMP 3 have this option in game

Yes..no matter black hot or  white..I don`t write on RHS bugtracker -cause I use ace3. Tomorrow i will make some test without ace

1 hour ago, zagor64bz said:

Maybe you know that already bud, but even without the RHS manual bolting, if you keep pressed LMB after you shoot, it wait to reload until you let the button go....

Who cares? Manual bolting is awesome. :) You're not shooting a semi-auto with a fancy animation anymore, you need to actually cycle the weapon.

Seriously, BIS should implement this on its own sniper rifles. This little bit of immersion goes a long way. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Who cares? Manual bolting is awesome. :) You're not shooting a semi-auto with a fancy animation anymore, you need to actually cycle the weapon.

Seriously, BIS should implement this on its own sniper rifles. This little bit of immersion goes a long way. 

I use manual bolting myself..was just giving a bit of info at Road Runner, since he asked for...

• Like 1

I like the manual bolting system option. Its off by default and more choice in that regard is good. Besides, this isn't red orchestra where you're using bolt action rifles in urban warfare, these are sniper rifles, and the instinct to click and release is great enough for some of us that being able to not have to worry about it is a good thing

@googleplex2010 Check your mods; only load RHS USF and see if the problem persists. If so, delete and reinstall

If you're talking about models physically disappearing (the model does not load, sometimes happens to me), this can sometimes happen due to sever issues (unavoidable unless you're the server owner or administrator) or when you have a lot of mods loaded at the same time (unavoidable period lol XD More seriously, try and shave some of the less used ones off)