4 hours ago, Bolec said:

i have a question, about damage ..., when i do precision shooting 500 600 meters ,,, and hit enemy in the head hes still allive ... or i need to make 3, 4, 5  body shots to eliminate target is it normal ? ...  ammo is M118 LR 7.62x51, when i play online i have same problem ... after hit the target just shake and still run  shoot and do oder things ..

Remember that at a distance, ARMA will sink the visual character into the ground slightly while the actual hitboxes stay as if they were standing flat on the ground. Head shots to a "sunk in" character can actually be hitting the chest hit box. Aim for just above their head (standing) and see if you're hitting the right hitbox.

6 hours ago, Bolec said:

i have a question, about damage ..., when i do precision shooting 500 600 meters ,,, and hit enemy in the head hes still allive ... or i need to make 3, 4, 5  body shots to eliminate target is it normal ? ...  ammo is M118 LR 7.62x51, when i play online i have same problem ... after hit the target just shake and still run  shoot and do oder things ..

i just tested this in VA, @600 and @900m i can take down an unarmed person in 1 shoot, i can do the same with a headshot no matter of the helmet used, and it takes from 2 to 3 shoot center mass for a pretty heavy armored guy (IOTV and SPC). Used same ammo and weapon as you did btw

• Like 2

9 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Nah, the old ZSh-1-2 classnames are now just legacy names that inherit all their parameters from some of the Altyn variants including the model path (so units that once wore ZSh-1-2, now wear Altyn no matter what).

The .p3ds are still there but nothing paths to them in the config any more.

Would I be allowed to use them in my Caucasus Insurgency add-on? Just to be clear, I wouldn't include the models in my add-on just use the ones still present in the RHS files.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

Would I be allowed to use them in my Caucasus Insurgency add-on? Just to be clear, I wouldn't include the models in my add-on just use the ones still present in the RHS files.

yes but there is a high chance to have these removed at some point in the future...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PuFu said:

yes but there is a high chance to have these removed at some point in the future...

Ok, that's unfortunate since I really liked them. Don't get me wrong, the new Altyn helmets are great but so were the ZSh-1-2. :smile_o:

• Like 5

Is there any good guide or video of your FGM-148 Javelin? I haven't tried this before, now I find it takes a long time to lock onto a empty tank and don't koow how to perform a top-down attack.

Im curious as what are the requirments for tanks to use their HE against infantry.

I witnessed a T-80 fire HE against two units in the open about 50 meters away.Is it like vanilla behaviour or is it different.The AI being fired at in question were AT units i was wondering if they were perceived as a threat.

On a similar note,are tanks limited to 50.cal against APCs? I never see them using AP or HE for those targets.

EDIT: I had an issue which i assumed was related to Arma3 itself,flying around altis in a  jet caused massive stuttering,micro stuttering every second or so.I turned every single setting to low,returned to BIS standard Malloc,and done anything else which you could think of,and tested many more times,the stuttering remained.

At this point all flying was done in the Frogfoot...upon changing aircraft,my stuttering was gone.To be certain,i landed vanilla jet,tried another non RHS,but modded jet,still no issue.

I went back to test the frogfoot in the same scenario,simply landed other jet and jumped int frogfoot,and the stuttering returned.It feels like Arma3 Altis is having issues rendering,but im sure thats not it,I only have this issue with russian jets at this point.

4 hours ago, ljcsteam said:

Is there any good guide or video of your FGM-148 Javelin? I haven't tried this before, now I find it takes a long time to lock onto a empty tank and don't koow how to perform a top-down attack.

At the moment Javelin is not fully functional (lacks top attack mode), as for locking time, it's based on real life data.

• Like 1

Hello,

I'm looking for info on the "Svc Drive" on the M977A4-B repair truck.  What is it, and when should it be used?  I looked in the RHS wiki, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, OMAC said:

Hello,

I'm looking for info on the "Svc Drive" on the M977A4-B repair truck.  What is it, and when should it be used?  I looked in the RHS wiki, but couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance.

Service Drive turns on the running lights and makes the truck as visible as possible when driving in limited visibility conditions. It's for non-tactical conditions. Driving on civilian roads in peacetime etc.

As opposed to blackout conditions with just the small B.O. Lights providing a visual reference for where other vehicles in a convoy are.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, PuFu said:

Thanks PuFu! :D

On 30.1.2017 at 8:13 AM, Matosh said:

RHS AFRF 0.4.2 Changelog:

Sorry I don't read the complete changelog. :whistle:

Greetings,

Noticing lately that the AH-64 30mm  M230 Cannon is very ineffective against Light armor. Have the damage values been reduced in the last couple updates ?

rhs_mag_30x113mm_M789_HEDP_1200

seems that even the RHS BMP as well as other light armored vehicles are taking several hundred rounds of direct hits in tests without significant damage.  Has anyone else noticed this issue ?  I understand that it would be rather ineffective against a Heavily armored MBT however should have no problem with Lighter armor.

Thanks

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shrike88 said:

Greetings,

Noticing lately that the AH-64 30mm  M230 Cannon is very ineffective against Light armor. Have the damage values been reduced in the last couple updates ?

rhs_mag_30x113mm_M789_HEDP_1200

seems that even the RHS BMP as well as other light armored vehicles are taking several hundred rounds of direct hits in tests without significant damage.  Has anyone else noticed this issue ?  I understand that it would be rather ineffective against a Heavily armored MBT however should have no problem with Lighter armor.

Thanks

Yes, it's not the platform you're using it's the armour values on the smaller vehicles, I ran some extensive tests last week, and found the BMP's , BTR's and BRDM's were harder to destroy with an M1A2SEPv1 (TUSK II) primary weapon, than it was to destroy MBT's I passed this info to Reyhard via PM as didn't want to clutter the thread with what maybe was a non starter, the BMP's and BTR's were taking 5-6 rounds to destroy, T72's and T80's 2 at the most.

Ah ok thanks @Road Runner, Let me know if Reyhard get back with you. 

13 hours ago, redarmy said:

I

EDIT: I had an issue which i assumed was related to Arma3 itself,flying around altis in a  jet caused massive stuttering,micro stuttering every second or so.I turned every single setting to low,returned to BIS standard Malloc,and done anything else which you could think of,and tested many more times,the stuttering remained.

Same problem in Mi24.A lot of stuttering almost unplayable.

Also as in gunner seat can't select cannon rounds if in optic mode but only AG missiles

place a mix of BMP's BTR's and MBT's on the Map with no crews, then jump into an M1A2 and see for yourself, the only round that kills them straight is the M1830 HEAT round

7 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

Service Drive turns on the running lights and makes the truck as visible as possible when driving in limited visibility conditions. It's for non-tactical conditions. Driving on civilian roads in peacetime etc.

As opposed to blackout conditions with just the small B.O. Lights providing a visual reference for where other vehicles in a convoy are.

Great info.  Thank you! 

43 minutes ago, road runner said:

place a mix of BMP's BTR's and MBT's on the Map with no crews, then jump into an M1A2 and see for yourself, the only round that kills them straight is the M1830 HEAT round

It could be modelling over-penetration. I remember in the Gulf War the only M2 knocked out during 73 Eastings was by a BMP-1 that had been assumed knocked out after being his by an APDFD-S round.

2 minutes ago, phantomphan said:

It could be modelling over-penetration. I remember in the Gulf War the only M2 knocked out during 73 Eastings was by a BMP-1 that had been assumed knocked out after being his by an APDFD-S round.

Absolutely, I did mention this at the time when I first reported this, about a week back, I never put it on the bug tracker as wasn't sure if anyone else was having the same issue, I tested out the same scenario using ACE/RHS and Vanilla/RHS same issue, default ammo took more rounds to kill a smaller APC than an MBT, but the M830 ammo just totally destroys them.

2 hours ago, zio sam said:

Also as in gunner seat can't select cannon rounds if in optic mode but only AG missiles

Optics mode is the Raduga fire control system for the SACLOS missiles (the scope on the right that goes down to the sight-head on the side of the nose).

It shouldn't aim the gun, which is slaved to the KPS-53AV unit in the middle of the gunner's cockpit with the reflex sight.

15 hours ago, redarmy said:

At this point all flying was done in the Frogfoot...upon changing aircraft,my stuttering was gone.To be certain,i landed vanilla jet,tried another non RHS,but modded jet,still no issue.

I went back to test the frogfoot in the same scenario,simply landed other jet and jumped int frogfoot,and the stuttering returned.It feels like Arma3 Altis is having issues rendering,but im sure thats not it,I only have this issue with russian jets at this point.

This has been fixed, so next RHS update you should be able to use Mi-24/Su-25 just fine. Related bugtracker entry: http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=2933

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Damian90 said:

At the moment Javelin is not fully functional (lacks top attack mode), as for locking time, it's based on real life data.

Thanks for the answer.

Hi,

I really like this mod, and how much details that has been put into it :)

When using the 12,7mm/.50, is there a possibility to use multipurpose ammunition for these guns?

5 hours ago, hal79 said:

Hi,

I really like this mod, and how much details that has been put into it :)

When using the 12,7mm/.50, is there a possibility to use multipurpose ammunition for these guns?

Not at the moment, maybe in future, who knows... ;)

• Like 1