8 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

1. as I really liked it, I've been curious, whether it'll return one way or another in the future?
2. Has this issue, with respect to your usage of SteamWorkshop, affected any other moddels, I've so far apparently not been aware of?
3. And last but not least, is there any specific reason as to why the PP-19 hasn't found it's way into the mod? Or is it just that nobody's gotten around making one?

1. unlikely, but you never know. If i were to personally embark to making a new model, i would rather do the Gsh-18...

2. no

3. because that is mostly used by FSB and other internal troops, which are not represented in RHS. besides, it has been replaced by vityazSN 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

No, it will not come back if no member does the model.

What? you mean the models dont just..exist? Your members have to...make them? My god...But that would mean RHS is a large and complex undertaking that we would have to respect..Not sure I like that idea.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

What? you mean the models dont just..exist? Your members have to...make them? My god...But that would mean RHS is a large and complex undertaking that we would have to respect..Not sure I like that idea.

My last experiments growing them on trees didn't suceed. :(

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Redphoenix said:

My last experiments growing them on trees didn't suceed. :(

Well keep trying!What are we paying you for!

• Like 5

7 hours ago, road runner said:

There isn't one (yet)

Could you, please, clarify  what is it?

A) there is no possible way to turn on C130-J's  green jump light from a waypoint's init

B) you are not aware of the way to do it?

If you've been following the thread, one of the RHS team has already stated that it's NOT possible to do via script ( just yet)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, road runner said:

If you've been following the thread, one of the RHS team has already stated that it's NOT possible to do via script ( just yet)

My no was more response about hidding control panel rather those lights. Jumplight can be changed with

nameOfVehicle animateSource ["jumplight",0] 

where (afair) 0 is red & 1 is green

• Like 6

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

My no was more response about hidding control panel rather those lights. Jumplight can be changed with

Oh that's mega cool, something to try out then on some waypoints I already made. I take it the same can be done to lower the ramp for example

enter trigger area, ramp lowers, red light comes on

enter second trigger/Paradrop waypoint green light come on, and out they go ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reyhard said:

Thanks for the answer Reyhard. And that is how I understood you :)

I am going to try and and restrict it for now with inGameUISetEventHandler

Cheers 

Twak

3 hours ago, road runner said:

I take it the same can be done to lower the ramp for example

by looking at the same script:

nameOfVehicle animateSource ["ramp",1]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PuFu said:

by looking at the same script:

nameOfVehicle animateSource ["ramp",1]

It works a treat!! as do the jump lights thanks guys

Those helmets have been replaced with Altyn helmets as far as i know.

1 minute ago, fanatic72 said:

Thanks for reply! :)

Is it possible to add them back to AFRF or maybe GREF?

@4ner1 : please dont quote your own posts to "bump" them-this is not permitted by forum rules. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PuFu said:

1. unlikely, but you never know. If i were to personally embark to making a new model, i would rather do the Gsh-18...

2. no

3. because that is mostly used by FSB and other internal troops, which are not represented in RHS. besides, it has been replaced by vityazSN 

Thanks a lot for the answer PuFu, exactly what I wanted to hear.
Pity about the PMM model, but that's just how it is! [Gsh-18 does sound nice indeed ;)]

22 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

PM are most common pistol in Russian Army.Some of them been produced in 60s,and this pistols probably can live same amount of time untill they will be replaced.

Since all officers have AK since Afghan war,pistol is more internal service pistol than combat pistol.PM fits it's role at 110%.

PMM in my opinion is a joke.

Why exactly is the PMM a joke?
I have no idea of how resupply of the Army works. All I know 'bout it is from Wikipedia.

Keep it up guys! :)

~

Edited by alessiomoreno
Forgot response
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ahtnteppop said:

Is it possible to add them back to AFRF or maybe GREF?

RHS AFRF 0.4.2 Changelog:

REMOVED IN 0.4.2

- Scoped out ZSh-1-2 in favor of Altyn

pistol is more internal service pistol than combat pistol

This sort of statement shows a lack of knowledge on most Tier 1 SMU's along with many other combat units,  by the poster, because "NOBODY practices transition drills during a stoppage from a long to a pistol in combat"  said nobody...ever!
There is a reason why it's common practice to carry both an assault weapon, and a sidearm, the poster lacks knowledge of many SOF SOP's and bog standard Infantrymen's SOP's across the Western Hemisphere.

Ignorance is Bliss :f:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, alessiomoreno said:

Why exactly is the PMM a joke?
I have no idea of how resupply of the Army works. All I know 'bout it is from Wikipedia.

WIKI isn't reliable source of information.

Of course exists some quantity of this pistols at internal service(Law Enforcements I mean,such as FSO,FSB and so on),but not military.

This quality so small,so not every military officer ever know this pistol even exists.

39 minutes ago, road runner said:

This sort of statement shows a lack of knowledge on most Tier 1 SMU's along with many other combat units,  by the poster, because "NOBODY practices transition drills during a stoppage from a long to a pistol in combat"  said nobody...ever!

Well,firing drill practice aren't the strong side of Russian Military at all.Special forces usually do this(And it's far much harder than any western drill),and also they gets better pistols.But not average military officer(Pistols are only Officers equipment,enlisted personnel didn't use this,but exists exceptions).

CQB are not even part of army training,the main logic of building cleaning - "if something moving inside,throw grenade inside,then check it."

edit:

Probably the favorite Soviet made pistol,used by special forces today is Stechkin's Automatic Pistol aka APS.Literally,it's a 60's relic(Actually PM are relic too),which been conservated due lack of purpose and complicated production technology.Pistol was great,so they never been outside of USSR,except very few exceptions.

Spoiler

izv1.jpg

In early 90 SF gets it,because it's was very good for counter-terrorist purposes.

Special forces usually do this(And it's far much harder than any western drill),and also they gets better pistols.

I stand by my initial comments, with regards to your ignorance, transitions drills are the same, regardless of the pistol, doesn't matter if it's a Sig226, an HK USP compact, or a Browning HP, the drills are all the same.
ANY unit that has a main weapon and a sidearm issued practice transition drills, if they don't, then they're also ignorant of what to do if you're doing CQB and first man in and ...stoppage, unless he can transition quickly and efficiently, he can get his whole entry team killed. 

There is nothing hard about transitions drills, the principle is the same the world over Pan, to say the Russian SF drill is harder, is hyperbole, it's all done via muscle memory, the more you practice, the more skillful and competent you become, stop practicing and skill fade sets in.

CQB are not even part of army training,the main logic of building cleaning - "if something moving inside,throw grenade inside,then check it."

That's why there's so much emphasis on hand to hand combat ?

Pistols are merely an extension of the operator using it, without a solid foundation in using pistols, doesn't matter what type you use, in poor hands it's going to be a poor pistol,in real life, in Arma it's different :f:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, road runner said:

I stand by my initial comments, with regards to your ignorance, transitions drills are the same, regardless of the pistol, doesn't matter if it's a Sig226, an HK USP compact, or a Browning HP, the drills are all the same.
ANY unit that has a main weapon and a sidearm issued practice transition drills, if they don't, then they're also ignorant of what to do if you're doing CQB and first man in and ...stoppage, unless he can transition quickly and efficiently, he can get his whole entry team killed. 

Well,hard to explain,but it's not about Russia :P

Firing drills means only target practice,I can refer the document,which describe normatives.There is no transactions at all.

Russian army mostly doesn't have such purposes.They rather destroy building with artellery or tank at distance than clean them.

Special forces are another story.They're purposed for such operations,so they have such training.But also they obviously use diffirent pistols,not PM and it's standart sheat.

Spoiler

2234851.jpg

When I mean harder training... well probably just misunderstood,but...

50 minutes ago, road runner said:

That's why there's so much emphasis on hand to hand combat ?

Pistols are merely an extension of the operator using it, without a solid foundation in using pistols, doesn't matter what type you use, in poor hands it's going to be a poor pistol,in real life, in Arma it's different :f:

Well,there is not so much emphasis.Training are usually 'Just in case'.

There is 3 stages of hand to hand combat:

1)Basic - Regular army training.80% of the usually have this level.It's mostly explain how to use bayonet,some very basic tricks.Nothing special.

2)Advanced - Officers(due it's part of military education) and shock infantry such as VDV and Naval infantry.This mostly shown to public.

3)Special - Special forces operators.What it's like - I don't know honestly.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fanatic72 said:

Technically those helmets have just been scoped out so it s all there for legacy reasons I presume. So no harm done, just not visible in virtual arsenal. Am I correct?

22 minutes ago, bolo861 said:

Technically those helmets have just been scoped out so it s all there for legacy reasons I presume. So no harm done, just not visible in virtual arsenal. Am I correct?

Nah, the old ZSh-1-2 classnames are now just legacy names that inherit all their parameters from some of the Altyn variants including the model path (so units that once wore ZSh-1-2, now wear Altyn no matter what).

The .p3ds are still there but nothing paths to them in the config any more.

• Like 1

i have a question, about damage ..., when i do precision shooting 500 600 meters ,,, and hit enemy in the head hes still allive ... or i need to make 3, 4, 5  body shots to eliminate target is it normal ? ...  ammo is M118 LR 7.62x51, when i play online i have same problem ... after hit the target just shake and still run  shoot and do oder things ..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bolec said:

i have a question, about damage ..., when i do precision shooting 500 600 meters ,,, and hit enemy in the head hes still allive ... or i need to make 3, 4, 5  body shots to eliminate target is it normal ? ...  ammo is M118 LR 7.62x51, when i play online i have same problem ... after hit the target just shake and still run  shoot and do oder things ..

I have also experienced this, with the M118lr. While it hasn't been as severe as 5 bodyshots. There has frequently been times where it takes up to 3 shots to center mass on targets without body armour to put them down.