5 minutes ago, unskilledfreak said:

When using the missile in the BMD-2M, is the auto-cannon supposed to elevate to ca 30 degrees up ?

no it's not supposed to do that, can you please make an issue: http://feedback.rhsmods.org

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a bug or not, before placing it on the tracker, so will ask general question here.

Are the M1A2's (TUSKII) under powered in their Main Bore weapon?
or are the RHSAFRF vehicles too well armoured?

Case in point, placed 6 BRDM2's bout between 500-1000M and started to engage with the Main Gun, default ammo, it was taking 5-6 rounds before the BRDM's would cook off, I would have thought that a single round would be enough if hit slap bang in the middle would be a K-Kill, even switching through till I get to the APFSDS rounds, they're not much better at stopping and killing the BRDM 2's

I then replaced them with BTR60's 70's and 90's, it was even harder to disable/kill them.

Then upped the ante and put 2 T72's down, they had me destroyed before I could destroy either of them.

Anyone else seeing anything similar? Just want to make sure it's worth adding it to the RHS bug tracker

it's entirely plausible that the kinetic energy from the main gun ammo, is passing right through, and not doing any damage.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, road runner said:

Not sure if this is a bug or not, before placing it on the tracker, so will ask general question here.

Are the M1A2's (TUSKII) under powered in their Main Bore weapon?
or are the RHSAFRF vehicles too well armoured?

Case in point, placed 6 BRDM2's bout between 500-1000M and started to engage with the Main Gun, default ammo, it was taking 5-6 rounds before the BRDM's would cook off, I would have thought that a single round would be enough if hit slap bang in the middle would be a K-Kill, even switching through till I get to the APFSDS rounds, they're not much better at stopping and killing the BRDM 2's

I then replaced them with BTR60's 70's and 90's, it was even harder to disable/kill them.

Then upped the ante and put 2 T72's down, they had me destroyed before I could destroy either of them.

Anyone else seeing anything similar? Just want to make sure it's worth adding it to the RHS bug tracker

it's entirely plausible that the kinetic energy from the main gun ammo, is passing right through, and not doing any damage.

are you using any other mods or are you playing on devbranch? Can you try destroying i.e. M1117?

8 minutes ago, reyhard said:

are you using any other mods or are you playing on devbranch? Can you try destroying i.e. M1117?

No stable branch, got quite a few addon's running, will remove them all and just load up RHS/CBA3, do you think ACE might be doing something at all?

It's mostly maps I have, I'll get beck to you once I've checked and gave more feedback thanks mate

3 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

no it's not supposed to do that, can you please make an issue: http://feedback.rhsmods.org

Thank you for your reply.

I've already made a bug report there, but I am trying to figure out what else is going on so I can update with relevant information.

The initial problem is that when having AI in your squad, and you put an AI as a gunner and give him target, human player is either commander or driver then, the AI will turn the turret to the given target, but when firing the missile, it is not locked on, it just go into the ground, a bit infront of your own BMD-2M, BMP-2 1980/1986/D/K.

While you are the gunner yourself, the missile always hits the target, as it should. But at times I have noticed, when chosing the missle, suddenly the auto-cannon elevates a bit (ca 30 degrees), usually followed by an error message, which is above my intelligence level to understand. But, when the AI is gunner and fires missile, there is no elevation of the auto-cannon. I was wondering if that had anything to do with the initial/main issue.

But now I know, thank you.

When the squad is AI only, no human, they seem to hit their target just fine with the missile.

26 minutes ago, unskilledfreak said:

Thank you for your reply.

I've already made a bug report there, but I am trying to figure out what else is going on so I can update with relevant information.

The initial problem is that when having AI in your squad, and you put an AI as a gunner and give him target, human player is either commander or driver then, the AI will turn the turret to the given target, but when firing the missile, it is not locked on, it just go into the ground, a bit infront of your own BMD-2M, BMP-2 1980/1986/D/K.

While you are the gunner yourself, the missile always hits the target, as it should. But at times I have noticed, when chosing the missle, suddenly the auto-cannon elevates a bit (ca 30 degrees), usually followed by an error message, which is above my intelligence level to understand. But, when the AI is gunner and fires missile, there is no elevation of the auto-cannon. I was wondering if that had anything to do with the initial/main issue.

But now I know, thank you.

When the squad is AI only, no human, they seem to hit their target just fine with the missile.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view.php?id=2956

39 minutes ago, road runner said:

No stable branch, got quite a few addon's running, will remove them all and just load up RHS/CBA3, do you think ACE might be doing something at all?

It's mostly maps I have, I'll get beck to you once I've checked and gave more feedback thanks mate

yes, it might be the issue

• Like 1

Bump from before, Still trying to find either the rotorlib or where are the control effectiveness and aerodynamic flight model info for the UH-1Y is found.

Thanks 

Greetings.  

Tried emailing the group on the website a couple of weeks ago and have not had a response back. I am interested in looking at what values are being used for the flight model for the UH-1Y. I know they are different from the original A2 Import. Been digging around and not sure where they are being called from for the STD / MG/FFAR and / FFAR versions.  I cannot for the life of me see it, however it seems also the pitch effectiveness of the UH-1Y has been dampened. 

Anyone familiar with where in the config this is located or is it being referenced ? 

This is for my own devices and keeping it all to myself. You can PM me if you want.

Also wonderful new lighting effects and a huge fan of the new Anti-Collision lights / Beacons on all of the helicopters and the brilliant new lighting and red cabin lighting. Great work as always.

Thanks guys.

Shrike

111_SOG_Shrike_Signature.png

Has the RHS team considered bringing in the A2 Mi-6 Hook for AFRF? I believe a few are still in use with the VVS.

If you're thinking about the same model I am, then the quality leaves a lot to be desired and it's probably not gonna make its way into RHS (not without a serious graphics update, at least). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aniallator said:

Has the RHS team considered bringing in the A2 Mi-6 Hook for AFRF? I believe a few are still in use with the VVS.

10 of them on balance in Russia in 2013 year as WikiPedia says.... :-)

Has the RHS team considered bringing in the A2 Mi-6 Hook for AFRF?

This is a request, and no, it will never happen.

I believe a few are still in use with the VVS.

No, they are not. The Mi-6's type certificate was pulled in 2002. They haven't flown since, military or civilian.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ballistic09 said:

This is a request, and no, it will never happen.

No, they are not. The Mi-6's type certificate was pulled in 2002. They haven't flown since, military or civilian.

And they probably never will again. The rotors of the Mi-6s were made out of wood. Most of those are still living long beyond their lifespan.

• Like 1

I've been meaning to ask about the M249's

I find they sit rather high on the character, like the iron sights is noticeable above the eye and even more prominently so with any optics.

Is it intentional? Might be excessively nit-picking of me, apologies if so.

4 minutes ago, Storspoven said:

Is it intentional?

They are as Toadie made them. Changing the position isn't a simple matter since all the .rtm animations would need redoing

I suspect that their position is to do with the length of the bipod though, and avoiding making the units float a few cm in the air when prone and deployed

• Like 2

In regards to GREF. I was just wondering, seeing as the CDF seems to be mostly based on the Ukrainian Military. Is there anyway to either have some units equipped with the AK-74m with olive features as before? Judging from photos and videos I've seen from Ukraine it seems to see just as much, if not more usage as the regular AK-74. Like here http://pp.vk.me/c618426/v618426943/10a72/Eq0TB4s6Y78.jpg and here https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ddR2EFxqz8M/maxresdefault.jpg where you can see soldiers using both. Personally I would have liked to see either the olive ak-74m moved over to the airborne units and remove the m-21 from the CDF loadouts or equip the CDF National Guard troops with the AKS-74 and remove the m-70. Perhaps a better solution would even be to create a CDF Rifleman AK-74m and a CDF Rifleman AKS-74 and set the groups to have number of both. I'm aware this is a nitpick and if I want I can just set the loadouts myself but I thought I'd give some little humble feedback.  

6 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

They are as Toadie made them. Changing the position isn't a simple matter since all the .rtm animations would need redoing

I suspect that their position is to do with the length of the bipod though, and avoiding making the units float a few cm in the air when prone and deployed

I ve also noticed that a long time ago, nearly all of the machine guns (M249s, M240s, M60s of NIArms etc.) of many modmakers are set up too high on the shoulder. It looks really weird, for example the Mk3 Minimi from SMA mod or LIM85 from vanilla are set up fine, so it can be done :)

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ferpo_the_great said:

In regards to GREF. I was just wondering, seeing as the CDF seems to be mostly based on the Ukrainian Military. Is there anyway to either have some units equipped with the AK-74m with olive features as before? Judging from photos and videos I've seen from Ukraine it seems to see just as much, if not more usage as the regular AK-74. Like here http://pp.vk.me/c618426/v618426943/10a72/Eq0TB4s6Y78.jpg and here https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ddR2EFxqz8M/maxresdefault.jpg where you can see soldiers using both. Personally I would have liked to see either the olive ak-74m moved over to the airborne units and remove the m-21 from the CDF loadouts or equip the CDF National Guard troops with the AKS-74 and remove the m-70. Perhaps a better solution would even be to create a CDF Rifleman AK-74m and a CDF Rifleman AKS-74 and set the groups to have number of both. I'm aware this is a nitpick and if I want I can just set the loadouts myself but I thought I'd give some little humble feedback.  

Standart squads are useless,cuz it's just... wrong,at least according my Russian Military experience.Mostly used as filler gap,like better than nothing.

But this mod still give you opportunity to make your own loadout and save it.Even save your own squads.

2 hours ago, ferpo_the_great said:

In regards to GREF. I was just wondering, seeing as the CDF seems to be mostly based on the Ukrainian Military.  

CDF is not made based on ukrainian military.

1 hour ago, bakimaster91 said:

I ve also noticed that a long time ago, nearly all of the machine guns (M249s, M240s, M60s of NIArms etc.) of many modmakers are set up too high on the shoulder. It looks really weird, for example the Mk3 Minimi from SMA mod or LIM85 from vanilla are set up fine, so it can be done :)

no one said it cannot be done. it is a matter of "does it really matter all that much to out effort into it, especially when that effort is not negligible"?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PuFu said:

CDF is not made based on ukrainian military.

no one said it cannot be done. it is a matter of "does it really matter all that much to out effort into it, especially when that effort is not negligible"?

Yes, that is true :) however i ve played Arma 2 recently and the problem with MG's is there also so its got a long history :P if there is too much to be done then its not worth it... but i think it would further improve the look and quality of the top-notch quality mod ;)

Does anyone know how to reattach the steerable parachute to the units that use the paradrop script?

I loved the Infantry Paradrop waypoint in prior versions, but now it seems to only spawn the Russian D-6 parachute. I tried creating separate scripts, but unless I make all the AI drop their backpacks and have the T-10s, I can't get rid of the static line versions.

Thanks in advance and kudos to the RHS team for making such an incredibly detailed modification!

1 minute ago, NAS_Juno said:

Does anyone know how to reattach the steerable parachute to the units that use the paradrop script?

I loved the Infantry Paradrop waypoint in prior versions, but now it seems to only spawn the Russian D-6 parachute. I tried creating separate scripts, but unless I make all the AI drop their backpacks and have the T-10s, I can't get rid of the static line versions.

Thanks in advance and kudos to the RHS team for making such an incredibly detailed modification!

It was announced that the RHS paradrop script for this update would change to static line canopies a while ago, it was also noted that the current canopy is a placeholder, and a new canopy is being modeled.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, road runner said:

It was announced that the RHS paradrop script for this update would change to static line canopies a while ago, it was also noted that the current canopy is a placeholder, and a new canopy is being modeled.

Gotcha. Thanks RR. I know it's more in line with typical Airborne units to static line jump, but it was a nice cheat to have the script spawn a steerable chute and allow you to keep your backpack.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NAS_Juno said:

Right now the only way to have different parachute is the one you have mentioned. But don't worry, I think I will try to add some variable or eden attribute for some user customization in next or some other release

• Like 5