Searched the feedback tracker and did not find this issue.

SU-25: on board heading indicator (compass) is showing east when flying west and vice versa.

1 hour ago, venthorror said:

Searched the feedback tracker and did not find this issue.

SU-25: on board heading indicator (compass) is showing east when flying west and vice versa.

Then open one....

• Like 4

7 hours ago, sgt m.stonebridge said:

[...] and so I wanted to ask if you plan on adding [...] etc?

yes for the etc

• Like 3

I have a quick question regarding wrecks, is there any way to spawn in a regular vehicle, such as a BMD, and spawn it as a wreck immediately? I assume there is some code or init that would get to this for me, but I've never dabbled in that business before. Is there anything I can do on my end or would individual wrecks have to be made by the devs? I'd like to clarify that I'm not asking for more wrecks to be made, and that the addition of new wrecks so far has been sweet, like the TU-95 and Mi-28, I'm just wondering if I can use the models that already exist but are only seen once a normal vehicle has been destroyed. Thanks, and great work on 0.4.2, simply phenomenal job.

11 minutes ago, blackmamba992 said:

I have a quick question regarding wrecks, is there any way to spawn in a regular vehicle, such as a BMD, and spawn it as a wreck immediately? I assume there is some code or init that would get to this for me, but I've never dabbled in that business before. Is there anything I can do on my end or would individual wrecks have to be made by the devs? I'd like to clarify that I'm not asking for more wrecks to be made, and that the addition of new wrecks so far has been sweet, like the TU-95 and Mi-28, I'm just wondering if I can use the models that already exist but are only seen once a normal vehicle has been destroyed. Thanks, and great work on 0.4.2, simply phenomenal job.

You could setdamage 1 which will blow up the vehicle as soon as the mission starts

Cons to this is players will hear the explosion if they are close enough (And potentially be injured by it if they are even closer)

Also depending on clean up scripts it might clean them before they arrive

So I must admit I'm a bit confused by the SAF all using G36s... I was under the impression that the Zastava was still the standard service rifle, while weapons like G36s, FN Minimi, were used by some special units? Can someone clarify this for me?

11 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

You could setdamage 1 which will blow up the vehicle as soon as the mission starts

Cons to this is players will hear the explosion if they are close enough (And potentially be injured by it if they are even closer)

Also depending on clean up scripts it might clean them before they arrive

You can skip the explosion part :

object setDamage [damage, useEffects]

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

So I must admit I'm a bit confused by the SAF all using G36s... I was under the impression that the Zastava was still the standard service rifle, while weapons like G36s, FN Minimi, were used by some special units? Can someone clarify this for me?

as far as i know (and saying my knowledge is limited would be an understatement) The G36 is used by their 63rd Parachute battalion and their counter terrorist group (who's name escapes me). The Zastava M70 is still the most common rifle but i think its planned to be sold at some point when they get a new rifle (probably to a developing African nation) while browsing the web it seems theirs some confusion about the zastava M21 because it wasn't up to the standards they wanted, but they are still issuing them out but in limited numbers, a lack of 5.56 ammo stocks being another reason it could be limited. don't know if that helps you or not, like i said my knowledge is limited and this is all stuff i've gathered from looking round the web when i thought about making some serb missions (gotta be accurate or i get a twitch)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wildcatbridge said:

as far as i know (and saying my knowledge is limited would be an understatement) The G36 is used by their 63rd Parachute battalion and their counter terrorist group (who's name escapes me). The Zastava M70 is still the most common rifle but i think its planned to be sold at some point when they get a new rifle (probably to a developing African nation) while browsing the web it seems theirs some confusion about the zastava M21 because it wasn't up to the standards they wanted, but they are still issuing them out but in limited numbers, a lack of 5.56 ammo stocks being another reason it could be limited. don't know if that helps you or not, like i said my knowledge is limited and this is all stuff i've gathered from looking round the web when i thought about making some serb missions (gotta be accurate or i get a twitch)

Thanks, interesting info. Yeah, I'm curious then why the RHS units use G36s, as they're listed as being KOV which is the Serbian Army (Kopnena Vojska), and not any specific unit. The lack of Zastavas befuddles me :eh:

could you please refrain from discussing other mods in this thread, no matter if it is a pro or against argument or personal preference? same goes for rage outbursts, or i'll be the next to rage, and you really don't want me in that mood.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

The lack of Zastavas befuddles me :eh:

wait what? there's plenty zastravas in saf

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Thanks, interesting info. Yeah, I'm curious then why the RHS units use G36s, as they're listed as being KOV which is the Serbian Army (Kopnena Vojska), and not any specific unit. The lack of Zastavas befuddles me :eh:

The... RHS SAF units use Zastavas, though. The troops in the Infantry (Airborne) tab have G36s, yes, but the rest of them are mostly equipped with M70s, M21s, etc.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Special Forces or in this case Paratroopers or Airborne do use those and they are part of KOV - Land Forces, so whats confusing you there? 

Think we didnt do our homework or even some of us handt served in some of those? ;)

PS: There is infanty (Oakleaf) and infantry (Digital) under KOV faction aswell as infantry ( desert ) and ( digital ) under UN, they use M70s and M21s. None of them uses G36, HK416 nor Minimi.

There are however some weapons that are used as placeholders. M72 LAW is due to be replaced in the next update with RBR M80, then there is M84 LMG which is placeholder edited Arma2 PKM model, to be replaced with the new HQ model of M84 LMG, and then there is SMAW which will evetnually be replaced with POS M91 or M79.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, PuFu said:

you really don't want me in that mood.

Woo, go for it/it :)

Believe him, morons. These people have spent, and continue to spend, hours of unpaid time and professional level expertise, skill, and creativity to GIVE this community outstanding content.

Even if you are too narcicisstic to show them some gratitude, show them respect.

Or 'go forth and multiply' .

• Like 1

@PuFu I'll try redownloading then, as I only seem to have the Airborne units.

@Jastreb I'm not questioning your guys' knowledge in any way, please don't make it seem like I am.

I didnt meant to make it look like that but your posts on previous page that strethced even to this one are all about it.

Hence why I replied. Odd that you have just one vehicle class but not the others. It comes from one single pbo, thats why its strange. Always check in the Eden Editor, and in case you think you found any bugs, theres feedback.

9 minutes ago, Jastreb said:

I didnt meant to make it look like that but your posts on previous page that strethced even to this one are all about it.

Hence why I replied. Odd that you have just one vehicle class but not the others. It comes from one single pbo, thats why its strange. Always check in the Eden Editor, and in case you think you found any bugs, theres feedback.

No problem. Redownloading now, it does seem rather odd but my internet isn't the most reliable, so I imagine it had something to do with that. By the way, I mistakenly assumed this would be the thread to post on for RHS: SAF related stuff, which thread should I be doing that on?

@Aniallator not sure what you mean by that, this is the topic for all RHS mods. The remarks before are about someone bashing CUP or something like that.

Nah... I mean slightly more detailed.Like this.It's really hard to find.

Probably any helpfull links?

Spoiler

image625.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jastreb said:

@Aniallator not sure what you mean by that, this is the topic for all RHS mods. The remarks before are about someone bashing CUP or something like that.

Oh okay sorry, thought PuFu was referring to me. My bad.

And I meant when I said its offtopic. That and there is no division like that, at least not known to the soldiers. Everyone is rifleman unless specialized. Company is anything from 60 up to 120 men, and the numbers in squad and fireteams depend on the company size. It usually the rule of 1/2. If company had more men then its split to 4 squads, squads are split to 2 to 4 fireteams depending on size again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aniallator said:

Oh okay sorry, thought PuFu was referring to me. My bad.

Can we get back on topic now, any further deviation of the topic will certainly mean posts are removed and infractions may also be issued. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or intentional, but it appears that tanks that are equipped with ATGMs use them against aircraft with remarkable accuracy, regardless of aircraft speed or evasive action. Is this an RHS feature or a Arma feature? I don't remember tanks missile sniping A-10s and SU-25s with previous builds.

43 minutes ago, snackynak said:

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or intentional, but it appears that tanks that are equipped with ATGMs use them against aircraft with remarkable accuracy, regardless of aircraft speed or evasive action. Is this an RHS feature or a Arma feature? I don't remember tanks missile sniping A-10s and SU-25s with previous builds.

RHS feature, it was already tweaked. ;)

In general ground vehicles like tanks in real life can engage low and slow flying aircrafts/helicopters with their main armament, it simply needs some tweaking.

• Like 1