15 minutes ago, PuFu said:

the canopy is a (medium term) placeholder. 

Thanks for that info, appreciated.

10 minutes ago, D-man9000 said:

Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this, or has a suggestion, but my AI controlled Russian tanks aren't firing their main gun.

Been playing a game of Liberation, using RHS assets, with friends for a while, and we were all eager to jump back in with the new update.

However, when we face a T-90A or a T-72 OBR 1989, they don't use their cannon. Makes tank engagements incredibly one sided. Hell, I was able to re-enact the battle of 73 Easting last night against a tank platoon. None of them fired on me. I should've been knocked out pretty damn quickly.

Now, monkeying around in the editor earlier this week, I had a T-80 shoot it's main gun at a helicopter.

Any idea?

That's maybe because the Iraqi T72's in the real battle were totally outgunned and were being destroyed by the longer range SABOT rounds the M1A1's were using, even in hull down positions, that plus the Republican Guard were shite, and severely over hyped :smileee:

Now, I also seem to recall that the T80's could actually fire a missile, the AT-8 Songster,  through their main gun but I doubt that's what you were seeing on this occasion though.

Well sure, I was talking more about Bradley vs T-72 platoon.

I took on 6 RHS Russian tanks last night. T-72s, T-80s and T-90s. None of them returned fire. With a Bradley, I was able to knock them all out.

That's what I'm getting at, it's just kinda weird that they weren't returning fire. The crew would fire on infantry, once they got out of the tanks. So it's not like the AI isn't detecting friends when it shouldn't.

And the AA and IFVs were attacking me without problems.

Edit: To be clear, they were aiming their guns at me, just not firing. They'd track my Bradley everywhere it went with the gun.

• Like 1

Hey guys, thanks for the update.  Freaking awesome.

quick bug report:

The new larger MRAP [M1237 M2] has issues crossing bridges (ALTIS) when driving by AI.  Happened twice where mid bridge the AI stops midway and starts to pop a u-turn.  I was playing as the gunner when this happened.

To replicate:

-Put AI in driver seat

-Add Waypoint to cross a bridge in ALTIS map.  My example happened @ coords: 166156

I can't replicate this issue at all, Dman9000. Plonking down a T-72, T-80, and T-90 in the editor and giving them a bevvy of American equipment as targets, they employ both the main gun and coax effectively.

The standard question springs to mind: Are you running other mods that could be interfering?

EDIT: I have that same issue jcae2798, but after trying to replicate it with a BIS HEMMT and a few other vehicles with long wheelbases, it looks like it's an issue with the vanilla driving AI, not the MRAP itself.

• Like 2

Hi Team,

Thanks for the last update and content added !

Is it possible to see the Omega 9K suppressor white end (canon side) being blackened ?

That can be better for rendering in weapons. With some of them, we can see the white part and that's a little weird.

If you can take that in consideration, that can be cool. Thanks :happy:

The overall equipment, weapons and vehicles is really awesome, like always.

44 minutes ago, CannonSong said:

I can't replicate this issue at all, Dman9000. Plonking down a T-72, T-80, and T-90 in the editor and giving them a bevvy of American equipment as targets, they employ both the main gun and coax effectively.

The standard question springs to mind: Are you running other mods that could be interfering?

EDIT: I have that same issue jcae2798, but after trying to replicate it with a BIS HEMMT and a few other vehicles with long wheelbases, it looks like it's an issue with the vanilla driving AI, not the MRAP itself.

Hmm, maybe VComm AI is causing issues? I'll try it with that disabled.

8 minutes ago, D-man9000 said:

Hmm, maybe VComm AI is causing issues? I'll try it with that disabled.

I'd reckon that's your culprit. I haven't played Lib in a while, so I was trying to wrack my brain as to whether it had built-in AI scripts as an option...

• Like 2

Why the fuck people keep reporting issues while running other mods instead of trying vanilla/original mod first???!!

• Like 9

Two questions:

I saw a static line video earlier in the thread. Is that in this update? if so, how do you use it, is it just for AI?

I also noticed that I can only fit 2-3 M107 magazines in my backpack where I could hold a bunch of 5.56 mags, is this a bug or a feature?

4 hours ago, road runner said:

To be honest the thread is full of " Is there...?" "Will there be..." and "Any chance of..." :smileee:

And I seem to recall the Canopy from A2 which is the same one being used in A3 was actually Olive green, same as the steerable one, which is why I was kind of surprised to see the RHS ones being white.

Yeah, and there's been a huge crackdown on it. I'm just saying it sends mixed messages.

Okay... challenge accopted.

1.5km,ATV move on road on full speed,then stops and move back at the same speed.

Fraps quality seems sucks,but still.... I didn't saw impact point,so looks like I had a direct driver hit.

Who can beat this?

Who can snipe a batterfly at 2km? :P

P.S. Seems local admin didn't understood what I mean about muzzle grenades.Kinda all all Zastava M70 have intergrated sight for firing a muzzle grenades... since you,guys doing realistic stuff I think you should think about implementation of this :dontgetit:

Spoiler

Zastava_M72AB2_grenade_sights_raised.JPG

TabukWSwGrenade_000.jpg

• Like 3

On 19/01/2017 at 6:06 PM, ineptaphid said:

So it's not really possible to use missiles when playing as pilot in Singleplayer? Can i command the ai gunner to lock on or anything?

Are you on Dev branch? If I'm not mistaken RHS is not yet fully compatible with the new advanced missile targeting. Yesterday I was trying to intercept some tu-95s with the F-22 and the missiles did not work.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CannonSong said:

I thought Dev broke all the flight models of modded aircraft, too.

I haven't tested the RHS fixed wing stuff yet, but the stuff from firewill has been fine on Dev.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CannonSong said:

I thought Dev broke all the flight models of modded aircraft, too.

I've been on Dev for weeks- no issues with flight models of any mods I can see

• Like 2

Huh! Few weeks ago I was having issues where even setting foot inside a modded aircraft of any kind caused a massive crash. Good to know that's no longer the case!

3 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

P.S. Seems local admin didn't understood what I mean about muzzle grenades.Kinda all all Zastava M70 have intergrated sight for firing a muzzle grenades... since you,guys doing realistic stuff I think you should think about implementation of this :dontgetit:

Reveal hidden contents

Zastava_M72AB2_grenade_sights_raised.JPG

TabukWSwGrenade_000.jpg

Your PS looks like a feature request. Hrm...

But let me answer quick. Rifle grenades are for the most part phased out and not used. So its not going to happen.

Not all M70s have that sight. M70B3 / AB3 doesnt. Even if it is modelled on the weapon its there just for authenticity, but as dummy w/o function.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, easyeb said:

Yeah, and there's been a huge crackdown on it. I'm just saying it sends mixed messages.

Hence why I removed it, and the crackdown will continue, to include my own post. . no mixed messages at all.

• Like 1

Pan.

a video of a rifle grenade being fired by what looks like extras from the Deliverance wasn't bringing anything into the thread, especially with your comment
"I will just leave this here"

It was another subliminal request.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, D-man9000 said:

Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this, or has a suggestion, but my AI controlled Russian tanks aren't firing their main gun.

Been playing a game of Liberation, using RHS assets, with friends for a while, and we were all eager to jump back in with the new update.

However, when we face a T-90A or a T-72 OBR 1989, they don't use their cannon. Makes tank engagements incredibly one sided. Hell, I was able to re-enact the battle of 73 Easting last night against a tank platoon. None of them fired on me. I should've been knocked out pretty damn quickly.

Now, monkeying around in the editor earlier this week, I had a T-80 shoot it's main gun at a helicopter.

Any idea?

Hah, my first time in the Mi28 I fought several T-80's and they were all shooting at me with the main gun, I reloaded numerous times......

The battle of 73 Easting, the Iraqis were all facing east toward Kuwait, we used GPS for the first time in battle and came around from the west, through smoke at high speed, the T72's had to manually swing their turrets around and simply couldn't engage the highly mobile M1 tanks! And even the M2's were taking out T-72's. But this has a lot to do with tactics, strategy, and the immense intelligence assets of the United States (satellites and SR71's back then). Intel is one of the key advantages of the US military, which makes it hard to compare weapons equally.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, calebfg2 said:

Two questions:

I saw a static line video earlier in the thread. Is that in this update? if so, how do you use it, is it just for AI?

I also noticed that I can only fit 2-3 M107 magazines in my backpack where I could hold a bunch of 5.56 mags, is this a bug or a feature?

Static line parachutes that were showcased on video are D-6 Parachutes wannabe and can be found under this in VA in backpack category. I made this model from scratch in like 1.5h to motivate Pufu lazy ass for more detailed model - seems it's working since something is happening in this field ;)

As for usage with AI you can use RHS paradrop waypoint for this

• Like 11

9 hours ago, Jastreb said:

Your PS looks like a feature request. Hrm...

hmmm.... yes... no... maybe... :P

9 hours ago, Jastreb said:

But let me answer quick. Rifle grenades are for the most part phased out and not used. So its not going to happen.

Not all M70s have that sight. M70B3 / AB3 doesnt. Even if it is modelled on the weapon its there just for authenticity, but as dummy w/o function.

Thanks for answer and explonation.

But hey... im more looking for possibility of this than usage.Yes,it's obsolete,but the feature itself are awesome.

To compare - Malyutka missiles for AFRF.They're definitely obsolete,the most of them are at storages in condition like 1 of 10 are functional.But ingame they're finally have something like proper guidance system,which is awesome.

Im interested in this feature,I probably can help,but all I can do is a make 3d models of this grenades.