34 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

I dont seem to be able to lock any guided weapons when using the Russian jets/choppers. I have no issue in something like an A-10 or AH-64 using guided weapons-just press the lock key and fire...But in Russian vehicles I have no option to lock anything. Am I doing something wrong?

Most, if not all of of the helicopters have SACLOS guided missiles (or MCLOS for the early CDF Hind). So you manually guide them through the gunner's sights. No locking and bashing the tablock keys

Su-25 locks by pointing at the target and using the T key by default. But there's some discrepancy between the reference point in the reflex sight in the HUD and where the weapon is looking, which makes it kind of difficult at the moment. Hope is to add a more realistic system eventually, or otherwise tweak the sight so that it lines up better

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Most, if not all of of the helicopters have SACLOS guided missiles (or MCLOS for the early CDF Hind). So you manually guide them through the gunner's sights. No locking and bashing the tablock keys

Su-25 locks by pointing at the target and using the T key by default. But there's some discrepancy between the reference point in the reflex sight in the HUD and where the weapon is looking, which makes it kind of difficult at the moment. Hope is to add a more realistic system eventually, or otherwise tweak the sight so that it lines up better

Hopefully the Jets dlc will give more functionality for you to use.

Thanks (again) for the great update. Just a quick question. Is it possible to turn the contrast filter on/off with Obzor 1P63?

1 hour ago, Simon Eff said:

Landing the su-25 for me seems really hard.

Yep, landing Su-25 is challenging.

Its landing speed is 210 kmph, make sure you're close. The closer the better. Watch your vertical speed too. Flaps full down for more lift on low speed. Mind the ground effect (more lift near the ground).

When you're on the ground, notice the angle your aim makes with the horizon. That means when you aim the horizon on landing, your nose is significantly pitched down. Crash guaranteed. Ideally land on three points, or at least on the back two with lower vertical speed.

If you were counting for all of the above you'd have at least 5 of 10 landings done without damage.

However, I'd say problem exists. Even landing autopilot 9/10 takes damage on soil airstrips. Not much though, usually couple of percents.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, da12thMonkey said:

So it's not really possible to use missiles when playing as pilot in Singleplayer? Can i command the ai gunner to lock on or anything?

Our newest RHS blog entry covering 0.4.2 update, SAF and 2017 plans for Arma3 is now live on our website

• Like 12

Well,the 2017 - part was kind of a bait, wasn't it? ;)
Thanks for the Recap guys, and congrats to the freshly baken BI-devs!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, tillee said:

Well,the 2017 - part was kind of a bait, wasn't it? ;)
Thanks for the Recap guys, and congrats to the freshly baken BI-devs!

well, i assume that people who know RHS, also know that we don't make public our future plans in advance ;)

• Like 5

19 hours ago, wiki said:

Yes, that's it.

For example, when I use a usmc sf, he automatically has a hat and nvg in his uniform - and it can't be removed in the arsenal because they don't appear in the list of object that can be added/removed

You can get an empty uniform by selecting <Empty> at the top then selecting the uniform again.

7 minutes ago, ampersand38 said:

You can get an empty uniform by selecting <Empty> at the top then selecting the uniform again.

Ok, thanks for the tip :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ineptaphid said:

So it's not really possible to use missiles when playing as pilot in Singleplayer? Can i command the ai gunner to lock on or anything?

In some brief testing with the Russian Mi-24V, I found my gunner was reticent to open fire with the 9M120, but when I swapped to manual fire, the missiles guided properly; so as long as you have an AI in your gunner's seat, I believe you should be able to use the missiles effectively, yeah. The AI can't quite work their head around "point at target AND fire", but they have "point at target" down.

EDIT: Works fine with the CDF early 24D, too. Make sure he's targeting what you want to target, switch to manual fire, and let loose with all the atakas and malyutkas your heart desires! >:D

EDIT 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: Oh jesus- a full AI Hind has no issues targeting you, either! I hopped in the target vehicle and found that out the hard way...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pedeathtrian said:

Yep, landing Su-25 is challenging.

Its landing speed is 210 kmph, make sure you're close. The closer the better. Watch your vertical speed too. Flaps full down for more lift on low speed. Mind the ground effect (more lift near the ground).

When you're on the ground, notice the angle your aim makes with the horizon. That means when you aim the horizon on landing, your nose is significantly pitched down. Crash guaranteed. Ideally land on three points, or at least on the back two with lower vertical speed.

If you were counting for all of the above you'd have at least 5 of 10 landings done without damage.

However, I'd say problem exists. Even landing autopilot 9/10 takes damage on soil airstrips. Not much though, usually couple of percents.

HI pedeathtrian,

thanks for the fast reply! But you would agree that landing the su is way more demanding than the a-10?! For me the autopilot crashed the plane too :-/ So is it a bug or a feature? ;) would you suggest reporting this behaviour or not?

So I'll try it out again with all the tips you gave me. Ready for takeoff!

cu

I flew a couple of times now. when I'm landing the plane seems to bounce extremely back up in the air. a behaviour which the a-10 seems not to do. 

Edited by Simon Eff
Tried out given tips.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, law-giver said:

I had the same problem with my default browser so i used a different browser ie: microsoft edge and the torrents worked fine. ;)

14 hours ago, Jastreb said:

Right click on the torrent link button and choose Save link as... save it to desktop and then double click to open with BT app you use. Works in any browser.

Seem to be an issue with the web server mime types handling. Nothing on your side ;-)

Edit: Nope its served from ftp server so its browser fail in recognizing file properly and offering to launch the app. Save link as will work anyway.

Thanks for your replies !

Indeed it worked on Edge, but still doesn't working on Chrome.
And thanks for the "save link as" tip, the link downloaded is indeed a torrent file ! Should have tried that before.

Thanks again and big thanks to the RHS team for this wonderful addon !

• Like 1

Speaking of MCLOS; has anyone recorded any crazy shots they've managed yet? If you've seen Baker's video where he hits an Mi-8 on the move, there's your gold standard.

I'd recommend spawning in an ammo truck behind your BMP-1d when practicing :P

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bek said:

Speaking of MCLOS; has anyone recorded any crazy shots they've managed yet? If you've seen Baker's video where he hits an Mi-8 on the move, there's your gold standard.

I'd recommend spawning in an ammo truck behind your BMP-1d when practicing :P

As a former MILAN instructor, which was a Medium Range Anti Tank Guided Weapon, on platforms such as TOW, Kornet, Konkurs etc, the inputs into guiding the missile were very smooth indeed, I fired 5 live missiles in my time, including one at night using illumination from the Mortar Platoon, and all were K-Kills ranging from 1500- to the max 1950 M's as long as you kept the cross hairs on target, it was almost, almost impossible to miss it was that accurate. As long as you followed the 75mil rule, you could hit without much changes in the input of tracking.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Not hard enough :P

Non-linear moving ATV will be fine :P

[volume warning]

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, bakerman said:

[volume warning]

Cool!! what were you using to control the missile in flight?

7 hours ago, road runner said:

As a former MILAN instructor, which was a Medium Range Anti Tank Guided Weapon, on platforms such as TOW, Kornet, Konkurs etc, the inputs into guiding the missile were very smooth indeed, I fired 5 live missiles in my time, including one at night using illumination from the Mortar Platoon, and all were K-Kills ranging from 1500- to the max 1950 M's as long as you kept the cross hairs on target, it was almost, almost impossible to miss it was that accurate. As long as you followed the 75mil rule, you could hit without much changes in the input of tracking.

Just for information:

MILAN = MIssile Léger ANtichar (French)

Stands for Light Anti-tank Missile

• Like 3

Mabye road runner was just wondering if there were hidden selections. So for a static line jump you don't have a bunch of targets falling. 

• Like 1

To be honest the thread is full of " Is there...?" "Will there be..." and "Any chance of..." :smileee:

And I seem to recall the Canopy from A2 which is the same one being used in A3 was actually Olive green, same as the steerable one, which is why I was kind of surprised to see the RHS ones being white.

the canopy is a (medium term) placeholder. 

• Like 1

Dunno if anyone else is experiencing this, or has a suggestion, but my AI controlled Russian tanks aren't firing their main gun.

Been playing a game of Liberation, using RHS assets, with friends for a while, and we were all eager to jump back in with the new update.

However, when we face a T-90A or a T-72 OBR 1989, they don't use their cannon. Makes tank engagements incredibly one sided. Hell, I was able to re-enact the battle of 73 Easting last night against a tank platoon. None of them fired on me. I should've been knocked out pretty damn quickly.

Now, monkeying around in the editor earlier this week, I had a T-80 shoot it's main gun at a helicopter.

Any idea?

• Like 1