Are there any Domination or Capture the Island type missions that use the recent version of RHS? I would absolutely love this.

Just now, Jastreb said:

Care to read the previous page or the page #436 where the release post is?

So we dont have to repeat all the time, kinda gets old.

No thanks. I'll just assume the worst and spend 45 minutes updating servers instead of 5. That'll be quicker.

• Like 1

Well thats another 40 min of work for you and 50TB+ over the contracted bandwitdth each month less for us. The cost which individuals cant sustain to pay anymore for your or anyone elses pleasure. But we havent forgot server admins and we are working on a solution as I said before but you refused to read, and assumed the worst. :thumb:

• Like 3

Wonderful release. I especially love the Mi-28 interiors. You even made that dinky cabin. :) Really, this is amazing.

One thing, though. Are the Ataka-V missiles on Mi-28 supposed to fly with those red caps at the rear? From what I know about aviation, red is generally the "remove before flight" color. 

6 minutes ago, Jastreb said:

Well thats another 40 min of work for you and 50TB+ over the contracted bandwitdth each month for us. The cost which individuals cant sustain to pay anymore for your or anyone elses pleasure. But we havent forgot server admins and we are working on a solution as I said before but you refused to read, and assumed the worst. :thumb:

Nah. I'm like 90% done with a script that grabs the mods from the workshop. So if you guys keep updating the same id's, it'll work as well as the wget updater. You're welcome to it if you want. :thumb:

• Like 1

You are going to need a steam account with arma 3 to be able to do that as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Wonderful release. I especially love the Mi-28 interiors. You even made that dinky cabin. :) Really, this is amazing.

One thing, though. Are the Ataka-V missiles on Mi-28 supposed to fly with those red caps at the rear? From what I know about aviation, red is generally the "remove before flight" color. 

To be honest the topic with the color of the tube caps was discussed quite a bit :) I even sent out an active service member to an air base to ask combat pilots about the markings and colors of the Ataka missiles. Nobody seemed to know the answer. The fact is that they come from the factory red. Sometimes crews spray them green for camo effect. And they are not required to be taken off for combat as they just pop off. See in this vid also combat ready tubes with red caps: 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, computer said:

You are going to need a steam account with arma 3 to be able to do that as far as I know.

It seems to work if you have a3tools installed on a secondary steam account. I'm also wondering if the files could just be hosted on an s3 or gcs bucket for super cheap. But the wget script wouldn't be able to grab files from the apache index. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Footage of the MTLB here led us to believe so, with some online reference suggesting that the red cap was to indicate a live rocket motor vs inert/dummy rounds using tan-coloured ones

11 minutes ago, flexgrip said:

Nah. I'm like 90% done with a script that grabs the mods from the workshop. So if you guys keep updating the same id's, it'll work as well as the wget updater. You're welcome to it if you want. :thumb:

yes please.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, computer said:

Turns out you're right. That being said I guess I don't care to use my personal one since I'm the only person that logs into the linux/mods/teamspeak/website/swifty server :)

1 hour ago, soul_assassin said:

yes please.

Here you go. It's a little rough. We can polish it up a bit later.

https://gist.github.com/flexgrip/88b315775d31da1404edc91f4050b432

1 hour ago, Jastreb said:

Well thats another 40 min of work for you and 50TB+ over the contracted bandwitdth each month less for us. The cost which individuals cant sustain to pay anymore for your or anyone elses pleasure. But we havent forgot server admins and we are working on a solution as I said before but you refused to read, and assumed the worst. :thumb:

Is 50TB accurate? I'm not second guessing or anything. I'm just thinking I wouldn't mind paying for the cost of a GCS bucket to serve these files and making a bash script updater. Of course, I wouldn't host any of that stuff without your consent, because arma.

Noting that I'm not able to play the latest patch at the moment, I've got a question about the Kaska helmets that doesn't rate a bug tracker ticket.

I notice that the forest and urban TTSKO covered variants have foliage loops and the CDF flash on the rear, but the mountain variant doesn't.

Was this an oversight or is there another reason for this (e.g. another nation uses plain covers in this pattern)?

Thanks again for your efforts. :D

Hey guys.

3 things:

-Here is my SP mission "Semper Fidelis" ported with RHS:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844707174

-in the USMC infantry, there is no medic / combat medic / corpsman

is it normal? I must use the "navy ---> infantry ----> medic" to add one in my USMC platoon

-the F-22 flight is weird: it always tends to fall down from the front.

Cheers

This is correct, USMC have no medics. Corpsmen are USN personnel attached to USMC squads.

I might have found a small bug with the M1A1FEP. In NV mode, only the center and right monitors change to TI. The left one stays normal. Is that intended behavior or a bug?

• Like 3

WOOOOOOOOOW guys  great job !!!!!!!!!!!, i tested M40A5 on different ranges !!!! advanced balistics on, i check cfg of ammo and weapon, and put it to ATragMX guys its so accurate !!!! :), are you going to make a silencer for M40A5 ???,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dragon01 said:

This is correct, USMC have no medics. Corpsmen are USN personnel attached to USMC squads.

I might have found a small bug with the M1A1FEP. In NV mode, only the center and right monitors change to TI. The left one stays normal. Is that intended behavior or a bug?

Only center one should be changed, probably bug that slipped through tests.

Excellent update guys who ever made the new mrap you are the best 

6 hours ago, CameronMcDonald said:

Was this an oversight or is there another reason for this (e.g. another nation uses plain covers in this pattern)?

Not really an oversight as such.

The author isn't so convinced that these helmets are the right look for GREF-CDF, and wasn't sure about publishing them in the mod in the first place (took some convincing from others on staff saying that we quite like them, even if it's an interim).

IIRC the mountain cover was the last of the draft versions of potential textures before the 0.4.1 release, and things just weren't changed during the course of 0.4.2 development because the look of the CDF helmet is still kind of undecided (plus finding the desire to keep reworking them with that in mind, and the availability of free time).

For the time being they do the job.

But if you want, one can imagine that the mountain and forest helmets covers are one item, manufactured with a reversible pattern but with the webbing on only the one side of the cover. A bit like the cover for the Finnish M/05 helmet :)

• Like 3

@bekTHANK YOU!

Double clicking and clicking ok on every AFRF asset in the editor fixed the script errors in both of my missions made with the previous version of RHS! I can't even begin to tell you how much time you saved me. I really appreciate it!!!

• Like 1

When I place down Serbian units in Zeus they come in as blufor despite being selected from independent. Is this just me?

What's the difference between AK-74M (Plum) and AK-74M (Plum Mag.)? I can't see any difference in their appearances.

6 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

What's the difference between AK-74M (Plum) and AK-74M (Plum Mag.)? I can't see any difference in their appearances.

aks74_plum_by_tiblandi-d5lu5ym.jpg

Plum version have front guard plum color,like on photo.In fact,74M never exists in such color,it's probably placeholder for this ^^^

Plum Mag have only magazine in such color.

9 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

From the name, you'd think that the former has a plum mag and plum furniture, while the latter just has a plum magazine, but black aramid furniture.

...ninja'd by Pan. :)

Edited by CameronMcDonald