is it me or do the serbian troops only have English speaking AI? Just wondering if I have a crappy download or if it's something they'll fix in a later patch

40 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

@bekThanks for offering to look at the error rpt. I get the script errors second I open the editor, and also a similar batch on the mission load screen. And again, as soon as I delete every AFRF asset (unit, ammo box, vehicle, etc), the errors stop.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hyaqh8q7lv6jr08/rhs_error_report.rpt?dl=0

So I asked people who actually know what they're doing and apparently the answer is not an easy one:

unfortunately you have either to place again those assets or manually change from STRING to SCALAR in mission.sqm
it's connected with BI change of default value type for attributes
but you need to do it carefully, because some entries requires STRING type
so it's quite complicated if you don't know which attribute is responsible for what

Might not work, but as a long shot try selecting all the RHS units via the list and open their attributes, and press okay, and see if that updates them correctly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bek said:

So I asked people who actually know what they're doing and apparently the answer is not an easy one:

Might not work, but as a long shot try selecting all the RHS units via the list and open their attributes, and press okay, and see if that updates them correctly.

That's an awesome idea! Thanks. And thanks for asking around for me!

Do I need to either do this or replace all assets with USAF only missions as well? I don't get any script errors in US missions (the only problem I had was disappearing M2 Snorkels) but I definitely prefer to have things as clean as possible and to avoid having issues down the road.

41 minutes ago, piggypotpie said:

is it me or do the serbian troops only have English speaking AI? Just wondering if I have a crappy download or if it's something they'll fix in a later patch

Whats there to fix? Afaik there was no Serbian in Arma so you dont expect us to record all the voices and dubbing for SAF. AFRF uses voices from A2 ( I think ) some faction in GREF use the CZ/RU mix again from A2. Guess I can make SAF speak CZ or RU but that would also be wrong, as most of us speak English very well, Czecz not at all, and somewhat Russian. 

Also I used accented English or Altian English, so its not quite pure. I wasnt aware that this will be a problem for anyone.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Jastreb said:

I wasnt aware that this will be a problem for anyone.

Not a problem on my end. Playing along with english speaking units is more practical anyway : I don't need to constantly look at the tiny subtitles. ;)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Jastreb said:

Whats there to fix? Afaik there was no Serbian in Arma so you dont expect us to record all the voices and dubbing for SAF. AFRF uses voices from A2 ( I think ) some faction in GREF use the CZ/RU mix again from A2. Guess I can make SAF speak CZ or RU but that would also be wrong, as most of us speak English very well, Czecz not at all, and somewhat Russian. 

Also I used accented English or Altian English, so its not quite pure. I wasnt aware that this will be a problem for anyone.

Wasn't being critical. Just figured Serbian was closer to Russian than it is English. Didn't know if using English was intentional. Perhaps, it's just a preference of mine

Ah Czech might be even closer then, it may sound like but not really anything like Russian. Yes this was intentional, maybe it will change in the future but currently there are no plans for that. Its ok to be critical ;)

• Like 1

Just now, Jastreb said:

Ah Czech might be even closer then, it may sound like but not really anything like Russian. Yes this was intentional, maybe it will change in the future but currently there are no plans for that. Its ok to be critical ;)

Well done. I love it and I've been looking forward to this.

Why is PMM not available in the arsenal? I just found it in the config viewer. Is it because it is not finished yet? How can I get a list of finished weapons/magazines/vehicles containing display names and classnames? I'm making a RHS wasteland mission and need that list to help populate the stores.

34 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

Why is PMM not available in the arsenal? I just found it in the config viewer. Is it because it is not finished yet? How can I get a list of finished weapons/magazines/vehicles containing display names and classnames? I'm making a RHS wasteland mission and need that list to help populate the stores.

PMM was in the mod previously but it was a sort of interim third-party model from gamebanana that we didn't seek permission to include in the Steam Workshop release. So it has been removed for the sake of licensing. The old classname now points to the PM model made by Bek, so as not to break older missions where people might have included the PMM.

Apex has a PMM model that's not too bad anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jastreb said:

Personally, I think you made a good choice with Altian English and encourage you to keep it. As a fellow person from the region, I can confirm that you're more likely to hear people speaking English in some capacity than any other languages on offer in Arma. Czech is non existent (and can usually only be heard spoken by droves of Czech tourists visiting the Adriatic coast), even tho it might sound similar to those not speaking either, it is not. And the only people that you'll find that can speak Russian are over 50 or 60 years old, and those guys probably aren't active duty soldiers.

• Like 4

Yeah true, our Arma players wont understand a word of Czech nor Russian, or very few will, hence thats why I used Altian English.

• Like 1

Just looked at Navigation plotter seat in Tu-95MS.So everybody AC/DC :P

No seriosly,thats funny to read.

8 minutes ago, ahtnteppop said:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844439660

I thought this have an end after official release from you... *rolleyes*

Or is this now allowed?

ty for letting me know.

i also thought that once we go on SW this constant shit would stop. It didn't. And NO it is not allowed to upload anything to steam unless you are the owner of the content you upload = steam agreement - and yeah, we got that covered in our updated EULA as well.

5 minutes ago, dvdbrewster said:

Is there going to be an SAF  widget updater?   :don16:

there won't be any wget updaters from this point on, for saf or the rest of the mods under RHS.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dvdbrewster said:

Is there going to be an SAF  widget updater?   :don16:

Wget updaters are discontinued and no longer supported. We might come up with a solution for server admins at some point, but dont hold my word for it.

Edited by Jastreb
ninja'd

25 minutes ago, PuFu said:

ty for letting me know.

i also thought that once we go on SW this constant shit would stop. It didn't. And NO it is not allowed to upload anything to steam unless you are the owner of the content you upload = steam agreement - and yeah, we got that covered in our updated EULA as well.

there won't be any wget updaters from this point on, for saf or the rest of the mods under RHS.

No problem PuFu!

Okay, I hold my eys open for another not allowed uploads. :)

Does anyone know when ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/ will get updated so our bash updaters will work?

14 minutes ago, flexgrip said:

Does anyone know when ftp.rhsmods.org/beta/ will get updated so our bash updaters will work?

Care to read the previous page or the page #436 where the release post is?

So we dont have to repeat all the time, kinda gets old.