Hi I just tried to download rhs afrf on the steam workshop and its telling me its a 31gb download is this right or am i doing something wrong?

12 minutes ago, rippinlip said:

Hi I just tried to download rhs afrf on the steam workshop and its telling me its a 31gb download is this right or am i doing something wrong?

All four combined on the workshop should be about 6.6GB.

1 minute ago, J.ONeill said:

All four combined on the workshop should be about 6.6GB.

yeah thats what i thought but for some reason when i subscribed to rhs afrf its showing that steam needs to redownload every mod im subscribed to even though i havent touched or deleted any files

5 minutes ago, rippinlip said:

yeah thats what i thought but for some reason when i subscribed to rhs afrf its showing that steam needs to redownload every mod im subscribed to even though i havent touched or deleted any files

Thats because RHS has never been published to SW previously, and if you have old version of the mod it wont get updated, but in the future it will and no need to complete redownload. If you want to get just AFRF you can there is no need to DL all RHS mods at all. Unless, youre doing it wrong.

And definetly has nothing to do with other mods non RHS related downloading again.

• Like 2

Well, seems I'm late to the release party. Let me congratulate the whole RHS team for their hard work on a fairly massive update. Please know that the community as a while is appreciative of these efforts as well, which can be evident in all the other "Congrats" posts and "Thank you" posts as well. I for one cannot wait to download this and try it out.

• Like 1

how about to update the first page ?

actual you need to dig thread if you look for any update ....

:glare:

8 minutes ago, maquez said:

how about to update the first page ?

actual you need to dig thread if you look for any update ....

:glare:

Which takes all of a few minutes. Besides, it's on SW.

I can't figure out how the type-69 and the M397 airburst grenades work. I get that they go boom when they hit something, but how do i get them to do that mid air?

• Like 1

Fantastic job from the RHS team. Can't wait to replicate Yugo-Wars.

2 hours ago, Evil Organ said:

*facepalm*

For some reason I expected to see it after the changelog, didn't bother to look back xD Thanks! I guess just a little confused because AFRF, GREF, and USAF still show "0.4.1.1" on Armaholic, yet SAF is uploaded and shows "0.4.2". I guess it's all there.

16 hours ago, skariaxil said:

Which takes all of a few minutes. Besides, it's on SW.

I can't figure out how the type-69 and the M397 airburst grenades work. I get that they go boom when they hit something, but how do i get them to do that mid air?

They work on a similar basis to airburst mines. Impact sets off a small explosive bounding charge that when detonated, throws the grenade a few feet back up in to the air before the main fragmentation charge detonates.

We had the equivalent VOG-25P bounding grenade in AFRF for a while. So if you're experienced with that, you'll be right at home with how to employ the M397 and Type-69

• Like 5

My M4 retextures now reset texture back to your desert M4's when I apply any underbarrel attachments. Any idea where I should get started to fix this before I start digging?

So will the RHS website be updated shortly for download..I understand the widgets are being phased out but just for downloading the Mods I was curious if it will be available through the RHS site soon. My server provider gets the mods for the Mod Manager they have through the RHS site.

Diesel

8 minutes ago, solviper said:

My M4 retextures now reset texture back to your desert M4's when I apply any underbarrel attachments. Any idea where I should get started to fix this before I start digging?

http://www.rhsmods.org/page/developers#gripod-system namely http://www.rhsmods.org/page/developers#_weapons_

You should set some extra classes for your retextured variant of the rifle, with the appropriate handanims applied and link them to your retextured baseweapon with

rhs_grip1_change = "classname1";
    rhs_grip2_change = "classname2";
    rhs_grip3_change = "classname3";

Without changing those parameters it's inheriting them from one of the desert M4s I guess, so will switch to the grip classes defined for the desert rifle.

• Like 4

After watching the showcase video, and waking up to all the new goodies, I have to say you guys just get better and better, we have truly been spoiled for choice with this latest update.

To all the guys and gal's at RHS, take a bow Ladies and Gents, you've outdone yourselves yet again, I dunno how you can keep raising that barrier, but you do.

Now a quick question, I believe someone asked before about the script for the custom hand grips, will you still consider releasing that ?

• Like 6

@road runner

Author of the script and mastermind of the gripod system is @reyhard so its up to him, he is currently out on a bussiness trip 'doing a test ride on the BI T72' <wink, wink> and we cant give you the answer on that w/o his consent. You can try to send him a PM.

Thanks for the support and understanding.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jastreb said:

@road runner

Author of the script and mastermind of the gripod system is @reyhard so its up to him, he is currently out on a bussiness trip 'doing a test ride on the BI T72' <wink, wink> and we cant give you the answer on that w/o his consent. You can try to send him a PM.

Yes no worries, it was more curiosity on my part, I love the new stuff, love the new weapons effects, it's just a bitch I have to go out and do some admin and post some letters later!!

• Like 3

Thank you strangers for doing this.

I keep finding new surprises everywhere in the arsenal, and everything looks and acts so darn good, not to mention sounds good.

Really, thank you all.  

• Like 3

I think one of my favorite- well, not discoveries, per se, but details- is the fantastic new set of muzzle flashes.

A93170C319345AF930058187331D7EF1D321E1B4
"You see, Ivan, when firing from one hand..."

Correct me if I'm wrong- and I could be- but are they custom per each muzzle brake? Because that is absolutely great!

• Like 4

Mostly. Similar shaped ones, like the various DTK will share the same muzzle flash file.

Makes sense- I mean, custom for each and every one would make me start worrying about the sanity of the person coding them- but still! Great work, guys.

• Like 2

"  Vehicle in Vehicle support for flatbed HEMMTS  "

What does this mean exactly? can you load vehicles into them? If so, which one?

10 minutes ago, calebfg2 said:

"  Vehicle in Vehicle support for flatbed HEMMTS  "

What does this mean exactly? can you load vehicles into them? If so, which one?

I think you can load any of the smaller vehicles, like the Polaris