21 minutes ago, tinboye said:

I actually get no errors in my rpt about rhafrf. But I need to add something into the mission.sqm to force players to use it. Otherwise they won't see the content.

You're not looking for errors.

You'll see what entries you need to put in your mission's addons array in the .rpt when each addon loads.

For example, you'll be looking for entries similar to the following (...pretty much everything prefixed with RHS):

"rhsusf_vehicles","rhsusf_c_troops","rhs_c_trucks","rhs_c_a2port_car","rhs_us_a2_airimport","rhs_c_cars","rhs_c_a2port_air"

• Like 1

I used a script like this to extract the classnames of all RHS vehicles and weapons, which will then be used to populate the stores in my wasteland mission. I was surprised to find that many scopes and attachments come with a lot of variants. For example:

1P29 -- rhs_acc_1p29
1P29 -- rhs_acc_1p29_pkp
1P29 -- rhs_acc_1p29_asval
1P78 -- rhs_acc_1p78
1P78 -- rhs_acc_1p78_3d
PK-AS -- rhs_acc_pkas
PK-AS -- rhs_acc_pkas_asval
PK-AS -- rhs_acc_pkas_pkp
1P63 -- rhs_acc_1p63
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1b
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1c
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1d
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2_ak
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2_pkp
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2_asval
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21_ak
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21_svd
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21_pkp

It seems that each scope has a variant for a specific gun. What are the differences between them? Do I need to add all the variants into the stores?

Is the upcoming version of RHS going to be fully compatible with vanilla magazines?

3 hours ago, jerminhu said:

I used a script like this to extract the classnames of all RHS vehicles and weapons, which will then be used to populate the stores in my wasteland mission. I was surprised to find that many scopes and attachments come with a lot of variants. For example:

1P29 -- rhs_acc_1p29
1P29 -- rhs_acc_1p29_pkp
1P29 -- rhs_acc_1p29_asval
1P78 -- rhs_acc_1p78
1P78 -- rhs_acc_1p78_3d
PK-AS -- rhs_acc_pkas
PK-AS -- rhs_acc_pkas_asval
PK-AS -- rhs_acc_pkas_pkp
1P63 -- rhs_acc_1p63
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1b
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1c
EKP-1S-03 -- rhs_acc_ekp1d
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2_ak
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2_pkp
PSO-1M2 -- rhs_acc_pso1m2_asval
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21_ak
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21_svd
PSO-1M2-1 -- rhs_acc_pso1m21_pkp

It seems that each scope has a variant for a specific gun. What are the differences between them? Do I need to add all the variants into the stores?

The EKP has one version per recicle. The PK_AS and PSO scopes have one version to account for different models because you can aim under it through the iron sights of the weapon. The aiming point though is located in the scope model, so you need to account for the different scope placements and the differences in sights.

6 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I'm wondering if someone can point me to some documentation for how to use the javelin launcher? I can lock onto targets with T but when I fire, the missle goes straight up into the air.

You must wait until the beeping sound has changed into a permanent sound. This means the missle is locked on. Then you fire. Works for me all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arkhir said:

Is the upcoming version of RHS going to be fully compatible with vanilla magazines?

no, there will be no change there

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I'm wondering if someone can point me to some documentation for how to use the javelin launcher? I can lock onto targets with T but when I fire, the missle goes straight up into the air.

Do you use ACE mod? At the moment RHS Javelin do not support Top Attack mode, altough I remember such issue was present when older version of ACE mod was used.

Forgive me if this may not be the right place for asking, but it is somehow RHS related...

I've been using the "generic radio messages" module with succes, but now I'm WIP a mission where you play as Russian SF. It's possible to have the messages in Russian? Is this even related to RHS mod?

Thank you and happy new Year 

21 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I've been thinking about at least making some missions, but using only RHS content is difficult, mostly because it doesn't include any terrains and Altis doesn't seem like a likely place for a superpower clash (neither does Tanoa, not that I have Apex DLC). Just can't think of a story that'd take place on vanilla terrains, and only something like that could actually be shipped with RHS. Maybe I could come up with something once the new Malden comes out.

I think that you're right. Many of these massive mods (CUP, Unsung, RHS) are awesome but I feel that there are too few missions that do them justice. For example, one of the best mods for Arma 2 was CWR2. Its greatness was not just measured but it's quality AND breadth but also by the fact that there were hundreds of missions that featured it's content, in fact there were even a few campaigns. As for terrains, if you feel that default terrains of Stratis and Altis are unsuited to RHS, then try the CUP Terrains. They're perhaps not quite as high quality as vanilla terrains, but they certainly offer a wide range of terrains and despite it's size, it's slowly become a standard for many A3 players.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cameronmcdonald said:

You're not looking for errors.

You'll see what entries you need to put in your mission's addons array in the .rpt when each addon loads.

For example, you'll be looking for entries similar to the following (...pretty much everything prefixed with RHS):

Hide contents

"rhsusf_vehicles","rhsusf_c_troops","rhs_c_trucks","rhs_c_a2port_car","rhs_us_a2_airimport","rhs_c_cars","rhs_c_a2port_air"

I was hoping I didnt have to add EVERY class to the mission.sqm

here is what it shows loading in rpt

Spoiler

"rhs_2s3",
"rhs_2s3",
"rhs_2s3_camo",
"rhs_a2port_air",
"rhs_a2port_armor",
"rhs_a2port_armor_camo",
"rhs_a2port_car",
"rhs_a2port_car_camo",
"rhs_a3retex",
"rhs_air",
"rhs_airweapons",
"rhs_aps",
"rhs_bmd",
"rhs_bmd_34",
"rhs_bmd_camo",
"rhs_bmp",
"rhs_bmp3",
"rhs_bmp3_camo",
"rhs_bmp_camo",
"rhs_btr70",
"rhs_btr70_camo",
"rhs_btr80",
"rhs_btr80_camo",
"rhs_c_2s3",
"rhs_c_a2port_air",
"rhs_c_a2port_armor",
"rhs_c_a2port_car",
"rhs_c_a3retex",
"rhs_c_air",
"rhs_c_airweapons",
"rhs_c_bmd",
"rhs_c_bmd_camo",
"rhs_c_bmp",
"rhs_c_bmp3",
"rhs_c_btr",
"rhs_c_btr70_camo",
"rhs_c_cars",
"rhs_c_cti_indep",
"rhs_c_heavyweapons",
"rhs_c_identity",
"rhs_c_pts",
"rhs_c_radars",
"rhs_c_radio",
"rhs_c_rva",
"rhs_c_sprut",
"rhs_c_t72",
"rhs_c_tanks",
"rhs_c_troops",
"rhs_c_trucks",
"rhs_c_weapons",
"rhs_decals",
"rhs_gaz66",
"rhs_gaz66_camo",
"rhs_heavyweapons",
"rhs_identity",
"rhs_infantry",
"rhs_infantry2",
"rhs_main",
"rhs_missions",
"rhs_mtlb",
"rhs_optics",
"rhs_pts",
"rhs_radars",
"rhs_servicemenu",
"rhs_sounds",
"rhs_sprut",
"rhs_ss21",
"rhs_ss21_camo",
"rhs_s_radio",
"rhs_t72",
"rhs_t72_camo",
"rhs_t80",
"rhs_t80u",
"rhs_tigr",
"rhs_vehiclesounds",
"rhs_weapons",
"rhs_weapons2"

3 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Do you use ACE mod? At the moment RHS Javelin do not support Top Attack mode, altough I remember such issue was present when older version of ACE mod was used.

Thanks for the replies. No I do not use ACE. I'm experimenting with RHS and Project OPFOR only. 

I guess what i don't understand is how to get the javelin launcher to give me a full beep. Is it designed to only do it with tanks maybe? I placed myself next to a manned pickup with technical, about 50 meters in front of me with nothing blocking my view (and it wasn't moving at all) and I just get the 'beep beep beep beep' with the on-screen lock icon, but no matter how long I hold T, it doesn't give me the constant beep.

I know what you're saying about the steady tone. Do you have any ideas how I could get that?

2 hours ago, domokun said:

As for terrains, if you feel that default terrains of Stratis and Altis are unsuited to RHS, then try the CUP Terrains. They're perhaps not quite as high quality as vanilla terrains, but they certainly offer a wide range of terrains and despite it's size, it's slowly become a standard for many A3 players.

You're missing the point. The whole problem is that CUP Terrains are out of the question. If they were RHS terrains, there would be no problem, but they aren't. RHS content has to work with RHS installed and nothing else. It would've been easy if I could just take something like Diyala and write a campaign set there. However, I was talking about writing a campaign for RHS, to be shipped with RHS. 

When Malden comes out I'll revisit the idea. Showcasing the full spectrum of RHS assets on such a small island could be though, but OFP managed with it, so I probably could as well.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

You're missing the point. The whole problem is that CUP Terrains are out of the question. If they were RHS terrains, there would be no problem, but they aren't. RHS content has to work with RHS installed and nothing else. It would've been easy if I could just take something like Diyala and write a campaign set there. However, I was talking about writing a campaign for RHS, to be shipped with RHS. 

When Malden comes out I'll revisit the idea. Showcasing the full spectrum of RHS assets on such a small island could be though, but OFP managed with it, so I probably could as well.

Is RHS working on an official campaign now ? Or do you just want to make a campaign with the mod?

2 hours ago, dragon01 said:

You're missing the point. The whole problem is that CUP Terrains are out of the question. If they were RHS terrains, there would be no problem, but they aren't. RHS content has to work with RHS installed and nothing else.

Well we're not going to work on terrains. So you'll have to find them from somewhere else.

I don't see what the problem with running CUP terrains with RHS is.

AFAIK there's nothing inherent in any terrain addon that makes it incompatible with RHS, and it's not like CUP Terrains or Terrains Core requires the Weapons/Vehicles/Units addons of CUP, if that's what you're worried about. If we did include terrains in the mod, they would be a separate download just as CUP terrains are.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Thanks for the replies. No I do not use ACE. I'm experimenting with RHS and Project OPFOR only. 

I guess what i don't understand is how to get the javelin launcher to give me a full beep. Is it designed to only do it with tanks maybe? I placed myself next to a manned pickup with technical, about 50 meters in front of me with nothing blocking my view (and it wasn't moving at all) and I just get the 'beep beep beep beep' with the on-screen lock icon, but no matter how long I hold T, it doesn't give me the constant beep.

I know what you're saying about the steady tone. Do you have any ideas how I could get that?

I must say this is odd behavior. Hmmm, well currently Javelin works like vanilla missile launchers, so you don't keep pressing T, you press it once and vanilla guidance system will track the traget, hmmm.

Well we definately gonna change at some point Javelin behavior, but, yeah, actually I didn't used current released RHS version for a long time, I only use our internal version, so I don't remember how the old one behaved.

I can only recommend you to wait for next update, lots of bugs will be fixed, and the mod will be better working with current ArmA3 version. :)

• Like 4

I too have the issue mentioned with the Javelin, however when I use it I do get the proper lock tone, but when fired the rocket shoots up in the air and seems to just vanish...No impact or sound of it landing anywhere

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Well we're not going to work on terrains. So you'll have to find them from somewhere else.

Well of course you aren't, this isn't your area. That's why I'm waiting for Malden (or for a good story idea that'd work on other BIS terrains). 

Running CUP terrains is not a problem, but it'd disqualify the campaign from being shipped with RHS. I think RHS could benefit from having an official campaign bundled and I want to contribute one. That's what I've been trying to say all the time.

3 hours ago, khaki said:

Is RHS working on an official campaign now ? Or do you just want to make a campaign with the mod?

I want to work on what would be intended as the "official" RHS campaign, as a contribution to my favorite ArmA mod. However, as of now, nobody is really working on anything.

• Like 3

You guys are great. I just got back to A3 again after a long break and I'm still bloody stunned when I play with the RHS content. Constant quality and accuracy. Great work all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, blackmamba992 said:

You guys are great. I just got back to A3 again after a long break and I'm still bloody stunned when I play with the RHS content. Constant quality and accuracy. Great work all.

Yep. Agreed. Aside from my 3CB British needs, I'm pretty much only using RHS exclusively now for the player side of things, with the occasional RHS only US/Russian face off. The scope and quality is astounding and I feel like I've never formally said that here so it's overdue.

Thanks for the great mod RHS team. :)

And +1 on an official campaign if you guys can settle on a map for it. I'd play the hell out of it if it SP compatible.

• Like 2

Amazing-We have gone over 36 hours without someone asking about the update release or starting a fight. Well done everyone-you get a gold star for your restraint.

• Like 14

I'm an SP player, so the question would rather be whether it'd be MP compatible. :) I'd probably try doing it like Harvest Red did, but I'd need help with that. The whole thing is still somewhat speculative, though. The most I can do now is to sketch out the initial story, as I have no idea how Malden 2035 will look when released.

• Like 2

I think RHS is better being shipped without a campaign. It leaves things open ended to the player and doesn't create potential political dilemas. It could be a fun and well integrated way to show off RHS but I think that also changes the meaning of the mod.

• Like 1

I don't think there's a need to worry about that. Not everything needs to be scrutinized for political correctness. An official campaign would help showcase RHS assets and also provide instructions on how to use them, which could be useful. It doesn't change the fact you can use the assets for anything you want.

I'd gladly show the war from both sides (especially since both US and Russia have an amazing selection of hardware to showcase), but that would mean getting Russian VAs and a Russian-speaking coauthor. Last thing I want is a repeat of OFP: Red Hammer. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, wsxcgy said:

I think RHS is better being shipped without a campaign. It leaves things open ended to the player and doesn't create potential political dilemas. It could be a fun and well integrated way to show off RHS but I think that also changes the meaning of the mod.

Obviously I can´t speak for the whole community here but I never experienced any drama regarding putting certain nations against each other since the ArmA community generally is pretty mature and can see it as what it is - a game.

9 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

I don't think there's a need to worry about that. Not everything needs to be scrutinized for political correctness. An official campaign would help showcase RHS assets and also provide instructions on how to use them, which could be useful. It doesn't change the fact you can use the assets for anything you want.

I'd gladly show the war from both sides (especially since both US and Russia have an amazing selection of hardware to showcase), but that would mean getting Russian VAs and a Russian-speaking coauthor. Last thing I want is a repeat of OFP: Red Hammer. 

It certainly would be interesting to see an unfolding war (with a proper story) from both perspectives. Something that was lacking in the vanilla campaign imo. Stories without a clear cut villain are a lot more interesting to me. Luckily RHS provides incredible versatility and quality to create such a campaign.

Regarding story ideas some of Tom Clancy´s books are very interesting and provide fairly possible war scenarios (of course with a little more good vs. bad attitude, but some also show the other perspective). 

• Like 1