Probably if I'll donate mine A1... :P

Spoiler

m4.jpg

But it's just a boasting... and it's yet not done.

Anyway - what the point of retro weapon in modern combat?

You probably should make FAQ section in first post.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Pan Samogon said:

Probably if I'll donate mine A1... :P

Hide contents

m4.jpg

But it's just a boasting...

You probably should make FAQ section in first post.

Please do lol.

We need older model m16s for some of the other non-US factions in the game (like the iraqis and afghans and some militia groups).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dragonfire43560 said:

Will we be getting older versions of the M16 in the next update? Like the M16A2 or A1? Not a request, just a simple question.

Thanks

Unsung Vitenam mod. If you want M16

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Anyway - what the point of retro weapon in modern combat?

Well, while M16A1 might not be the best example (although I'm totally in love with this rifle), virtually every real-life contemporary engagement I can think of features weapons that saw the beginning of Clod War era if not the middle of WWII (T-34-85's and SU-100's in Syria for example). These fancy tacticool weapons and vehicles are nice and cool but nobody except the world powers can afford them and those powers neither fight each other directly not supply their top-tier weapons to their allies. T-90's in Syria is the single exception to that rule that I'm aware about.

Bottom line: the modern combat is dominated by weapons and vehicles from 70-80's. T-90ABWGDS865BZ1YAKBU3 and M1A2 SEP PRO SPECOPS DORITOS NOSCOPE 360 ENTERPRISE EDITIONS's will probably see widespread use in combat 10-20 years from now, when major powers will replace them with scraped Russian projects from 90's driven by Iranians form outer space or Merkavas with cargo compartment converted into cheeseburger/Coca-Cola(TM) storage and hand them to the puppet governments/groups to fight each other.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, semiconductor said:

Well, while M16A1 might not be the best example (although I'm totally in love with this rifle), virtually every real-life contemporary engagement I can think of features weapons that saw the beginning of Clod War era if not the middle of WWII (T-34-85's and SU-100's in Syria for example). These fancy tacticool weapons and vehicles are nice and cool but nobody except the world powers can afford them and those powers neither fight each other directly not supply their top-tier weapons to their allies. T-90's in Syria is the single exception to that rule that I'm aware about.

Bottom line: the modern combat is dominated by weapons and vehicles from 70-80's. T-90ABWGDS865BZ1YAKBU3 and M1A2 SEP PRO SPECOPS DORITOS NOSCOPE 360 ENTERPRISE EDITIONS's will probably see widespread use in combat 10-20 years from now, when major powers will replace them with scraped Russian projects from 90's driven by Iranians form outer space or Merkavas with cargo compartment converted into cheeseburger/Coca-Cola(TM) storage and hand them to the puppet governments/groups to fight each other.

in case you haven't figured it out by now, RHS is scope IS these 2 superpowers (AFRF and USF)....yes, some older stuff might have a place in GREF at some point, but surely not really phased out stuff with really limited use, M16A1 included. That said, do understand the amount of work each individual asset requires.

• Like 3

Two quick questions.

What Mod addon do I need to make RHS compatible with RHS?

How come sometimes when I have a AT4 on my back and I use the scroll wheel the weapon is not show?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, iVVChewy9141VVi said:

Two quick questions.

What Mod addon do I need to make RHS compatible with RHS?

How come sometimes when I have a AT4 on my back and I use the scroll wheel the weapon is not show?

You're gonna have to elaborate on both of those questions if you want help.

RHS is independent and doesn't require any other mods for it to function.

Under which circumstances can't you equip the AT-4? Have you tried reproducing the issue? Are you running the latest version of RHS? And so on...

2nd Question Fixed.

1st Question if I am running ace I heard you need another mod compact_(something) to make the RHS mods work with ACE3

For ace there are ace compat rhs pbos, which made RHS compatible to ACE features (Ammo), you find these specific PBOs inside the @ace/additional Folder (When i am right)

you can put these pbos maybe in the addons Folder of ace itself, or made an extra Modfolder for it. It's your choice, what you prefer.

• Like 1

..sorry to ask this, but more than 400 pages are too much to read...there's any way to have your AI squad get INSIDE the BMP or BTR and not on top?

Thank you.

Tell them to get in and as passenger. Or maybe Ride in back. One of the two usually does it.

Or place them manually and pick seats for them.

Or disable external riding.

1 hour ago, zagor64bz said:

..sorry to ask this, but more than 400 pages are too much to read...there's any way to have your AI squad get INSIDE the BMP or BTR and not on top?

Thank you.

There is a check box in editor available for the BMP and BTR in the attributes menu that can disable external mount aka not on top.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

There is a check box in editor available for the BMP and BTR in the attributes menu that can disable external mount aka not on top.

LOL...3800 Hours on Arma and not even notice that...thank you!!!

EDIT: I'm officially still a noob:rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zagor64bz said:

LOL...3800 Hours on Arma and not even notice that...thank you!!!

EDIT: I'm officially still a noob:rofl:

I can say i never saw it either :D going to check that out now..

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

I can say i never saw it either :D going to check that out now..

Well..sorry bud, that is getting me feel a little better..HAHAHAHAHA!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DJankovic said:

My personal take is that if RHS had a standalone campaign (either SP or MP) to go alongside the great content, the position may be even higher. IMHO, RHS totally deserves to be in the TOP 5 because, honestly, the content they produce is sometimes of much higher quality comopared to other mod teams.

Surely, I don't want to insult any other mod team with this comment - the result of your work is simply determined by the priorities you have - quality, quantity, etc.

• Like 1

While waiting for the update I took some pictures depicting VV troops in the North Caucasus in the late 2000’s. Here they are in a desperate attempt to get this thread back on topic (kind of at least) and as a thank you to the RHS team for their outstanding work.

p6OAAyu.jpg

yES2ons.jpg

bfUdKxC.jpg

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

While waiting for the update I took some pictures depicting VV troops in the North Caucasus in the late 2000’s. Here they are in a desperate attempt to get this thread back on topic (kind of at least) and as a thank you to the RHS team for their outstanding work.

AWESOME pics dude....:thumb:

• Like 1

I think one of the best things about using RHS models in splendid shots, is the consistency of detail across them.
I love setting up neat photos, like little dioramas, but sometimes when you have to mix-match mods, or use some older things, the quality and style varies so much and you really lose a lot of your intended aesthetic.
Those photos look great, I'm always pleasantly surprised whenever I see the UV baking on the uniforms/vests. Even those darn pouches for rifle grenades look handsome.

• Like 2