Hello!

I wish to inquire about KA-52 gunner's turret and the camera. I'm planning to create a gunship similar to AC-130 and I would like to know how did you manage to have camera and gun arc independent while still having gun point at what gunner is aiming at. Is is done via config witchery or scripting?

I wish to avoid the mistake BIS did with the Apex gunship. What I want is a gun arc that is independent from camera arc of the gunner.

EDIT: I figured it out. In case anybody wonders: you need to set limits on gun axes in model.cfg and then you can set turret camera limits to whatever you want, gun will only move to the limits defined in model.cfg

• Like 1

Merry Christmas RHS and big thx for making us such a great mod.

Russian troops in "desert" uniforms along with BTR-82 desert camo:

Russian-troops-in-Palmyra-Syria_2016_Val

P.S.

While looking at photos from Syria, I noticed that even in hot climate Russian soldiers wear their jackets (shirts) over pants, opposed to the models presented in the mod, which have them tucked into pants.

5 minutes ago, megazogg said:

Russian troops in "desert" uniforms along with BTR-82 desert camo:

Russian-troops-in-Palmyra-Syria_2016_Val

P.S.

While looking at photos from Syria, I noticed that even in hot climate Russian soldiers wear their jackets (shirts) over pants, opposed to the models presented in the mod, which have them tucked into pants.

Different uniform. Different way of wearing it.

BTR-82actually.

8 minutes ago, megazogg said:

P.S.

No,it's rules of using this uniform.

Bluse and T-Shirt are in pants,jackets - out or with outer belt.

http://img.allzip.org/g/92/orig/9754702.jpg

Have you guys ever considered adding more Artillery pieces? Certainly with more emphasis on Russia. Self propelled guns like the Giatsint-S or maybe even the Pion? 

On 2.12.2016 at 5:49 PM, reyhard said:

that's how it works in real life, so I'm afraid there is no fix for that ;)

Hm, ok but i saw some videos on youtube,, it is example, there is no GUN BARREL visible in sight, and no heat radiation from the barrel.
  (Steel Beasts sim)   

and here is another example i thing its  real tank simulator for army 

tank sim   T-72 

36 minutes ago, Oli19 said:

Have you guys ever considered adding more Artillery pieces? Certainly with more emphasis on Russia. Self propelled guns like the Giatsint-S or maybe even the Pion? 

Have you considered how much that sounds like a request? :f:

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Bolec said:

Hm, ok but i saw some videos on youtube,, it is example, there is no GUN BARREL visible in sight, and no heat radiation from the barrel.
  (Steel Beasts sim)   

and here is another example i thing its  real tank simulator for army 

tank sim   T-72 

I am one of RHS team members and I have Steel Beasts Pro PE, and believe me, we done everything that was possible in ArmA3 engine to make FCS as close to reality as possible.

And yes, in reality there is heat radiation for the main gun barrel, depending if barrel is visible in the sight or not.

Also consider that sights for many vehicles are still in one way or another "Work In Progress", for example M1A2's still does not have proper CITV sight view for commander, and also M1A1's will have change in CWS sight view for commander.

• Like 2

there is no barrel visible in T72B obr 84-89 in rhs

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbwiki/index.php?title=File:T-72_unity_sight.jpg here is view through vision block

http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/3112/176744788.15/0_f607d_13a951ae_orig

t90a sight

T90 video shows some high zoom so it doesn't prove anything

can't find real life M1 video with widest FOV now but afair barrel is visible too in 3x magnification mode

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damian90 said:

I am one of RHS team members and I have Steel Beasts Pro PE, and believe me, we done everything that was possible in ArmA3 engine to make FCS as close to reality as possible.

And yes, in reality there is heat radiation for the main gun barrel, depending if barrel is visible in the sight or not.

Also consider that sights for many vehicles are still in one way or another "Work In Progress", for example M1A2's still does not have proper CITV sight view for commander, and also M1A1's will have change in CWS sight view for commander.

For me RHS tanks are excellent, only one thing is that gun barrel :), everything else is ok for me :)

45 minutes ago, road runner said:

To be fair it isn't a request though. Its a question regarding the consideration of a particular topic, as in has the idea of adding more artillery been considered within RHS followed by some examples of which would be the most likely to be added if it were in consideration.. not, "oi RHS add this arty". 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, xxgetbuck123 said:

To be fair it isn't a request though. Its a question regarding the consideration of a particular topic, as in has the idea of adding more artillery been considered within RHS followed by some examples of which would be the most likely to be added if it were in consideration.. not, "oi RHS add this arty". 

that's why I said it sounds awfully like one ') , and used a smiley, it's a very clever play on words, it's a bit like a leading question, although given the breadth and depth and experience of the RHS team, I'd be inclined to think they've got their bases covered, and up to date with what they've produced, what's coming next, and what they will make for the future. 

Who knows, perhaps one of the RHS Team will produce a list of their roadmap, and assets they want to produce next, I'm more into the not knowing, so that everything is like "wow" never expected that ;)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Damian90 said:

Hey, i spotted weird thing, when i use main cannon in tanks (thermal sights on)  barrel of main cannon is cold and dark, but when i put short burst from coaxial mg the main cannon is hot and bright 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, road runner said:

I'd like to put the word out there that I wasn't intending it to be a request, purely a question of have they considered it out of curiosity.

The last thing I would do in my sane mind on this forum is request something unless explicitly mentioned that I can. I'm no modder but I still have a decent idea of the effort, time and skill needed to make mods, especially ones of this quality. Roadrunner, i'm sorry that it happened to sound that way. (No sarcasm intended) ;)

Also sorry this is a bit off topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bolec said:

Hey, i spotted weird thing, when i use main cannon in tanks (thermal sights on)  barrel of main cannon is cold and dark, but when i put short burst from coaxial mg the main cannon is hot and bright 

Ok, first, please stop posting bug reports in this thread. This is a forum thread, not a bug tracker. We do not have time to sift through all 421 pages of this thread looking for bug reports when we go about fixing stuff. Please use our bug tracker.

Second, this is an engine limitation. If you fire any weapon as a gunner in any Arma 3 tank, it will cause not only the coax and the main canon to heat up, but also the commander's machine gun as well. Before you report a bug, please test that this does not also happen on default vehicles. Just because you notice something odd with an RHS asset, doesn't mean it's strictly an RHS problem. The base game can be quite buggy on its own.

2 hours ago, MickandRorty said:

I'd like to put the word out there that I wasn't intending it to be a request, purely a question of have they considered it out of curiosity.

It was a request... Just a more passive-aggressive request. To be frank, I honestly find the "have you considered..." requests to be more insulting than the "will you make..." requests as they are less direct and simply a way to try and skirt the no requests rule. Not only that, but the very question itself is rather silly... Of course we have considered making artillery. We've considered just about every single piece of military equipment on the planet, but having it in game still requires an artist to decide to make it, and having to deal with constant request does not help. Nothing kills motivation more than seeing 30 new addon requests after posting a teaser image with new content.

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, ballistic09 said:

Nothing kills motivation more than seeing 30 new addon requests after posting a teaser image with new content.

This. 
So f**king much of this.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Bolec said:

This is ArmA thing, vanilla vehicles have the same issue, or any other AFAIK.

• Like 1

Been playing with RHS for ArmA 3 since the day it came out and every Christmas it is still a wonderful new present to unwrap, to fire up a quick flight in the Blackhawk or a brief gunfight with the lovely weapon models (by the way kudos on the pistols - only tried them recently). This team has a wonderful habit of releasing updates that don't scare me when they're announced and there is absolutely nothing I could ask from this mod. Gift that keeps on giving with every play. A late Merry Christmas for the whole team!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

This. 
So f**king much of this.

TBH, I personally find both requests/suggestions and especially progress update questions to be motivating, showing that people really do use and care about my work (I haven't released anything for ArmA, but I've been modding other games, too). Certainly better than crickets chirping in the thread, or a discussion about how it's inappropriate to post requests, as opposed to one about the actual mod.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Redphoenix said:

This. 
So f**king much of this.

how does that kill motivation? think of it this way, if people didn't adore your work, no one would bother to ask you to do more. it's like, if i got a shitty dinner i ain't like to return,but if i got a mofucking michelin star caviar crusted dish you bet ur ass i'm coming back for more. feel me? we love your work, so we want more.

if you did a sloppy job, and released shit content, there'd be no replies and requests for more. so think of it as praise. best praise there is. people want much more from you. not many can say that.

• Like 2

Well, regardless it is against the forum rules-so it is not up for debate. If you want to ask for updates you can contact the team through other means.

• Like 5