10 minutes ago, shurka said:

What about adding a RPK-74 in the next update?

No

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

Yes. It's the video settings. I was running standard settings because I was afraid my 2GB vram was not enough for ultra even high settings with 4km viewing distance.

Now, what is the version 0.4.2 you guys talk about? Where can I get it?

The version 4.2 of the mod has not been released yet, but should be available soon. (Since I am not affiliated to the RHS team in anyway, I can’t tell what “soon” means precisely.)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, fingolfin said:

The version 4.2 of the mod has not been released yet, but should be available soon. (Since I am not affiliated to the RHS team in anyway, I can’t tell what “soon” means precisely.)

As a total affiliate to rhs i cant tell eather :)

• Like 12

59 minutes ago, jerminhu said:

Yes. It's the video settings. I was running standard settings because I was afraid my 2GB vram was not enough for ultra even high settings with 4km viewing distance.

Just turn textures to very high or ultra and should be fine while not creating too much problems performance wise.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, shurka said:

what about stop asking for requests?

• Like 3

Fuck me bek you're working too hard. You need to go get a "real job" XD

As for RPK, they will do it when they want to do it, if they want to do it at all. For now, you can share mags with the NIArms RPK just fine with the RHS-compatible config. Is it a 74M? Who gives a flying fuck, it's a gun, it shoots virtual people. While it does mess with the black gun thing they've got going on its not really the end of the world is it?

Oh but wait, they don't have "real jobs" according to the other guy so they obviously have the time to cater to our every whim, right? -.-

14 hours ago, shurka said:

From the RHS reddit thread started by Wilco:

RPK is sort of a running joke around the "RHS" offices. Believe me many have started but almost always the work stagnated. It is still in the plans, but the curse of RPK persists :).

As for its real word usage, it is indeed seen a large decline in use and we were told that only few detachments still field it. Mainly because it fails to fill the role of a proper MG.

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

Is it a 74M? Who gives a flying fuck, it's a gun, it shoots virtual people. While it does mess with the black gun thing they've got going on its not really the end of the world is it?

Then I can make a stick,then port it ingame and make them fire nuclear missiles.Every tinny detail matter.

2 hours ago, Hvymtal said:

As for RPK, they will do it when they want to do it, if they want to do it at all. For now, you can share mags with the NIArms RPK just fine with the RHS-compatible config.

As example - you can compare RHS,NIArms and RH AR-15.

It's same weapon family and it's should look similar.But it wouldn't.Expecially from the 1 person.

That's why to be honest - all family of weapon should be done by same person(s) with their own style.Then and only then - it's will be perfect.

RPK-series is pretty much desired weapon,so it's easy to understood such requests.As example,despite it's going out of service I served in Regiment,wich been equipped on 98% with RPK-74M/RPK-74.

I wasn't served in Frontline Combat Unit,so I understood why It was RPKs,but we're been based together with 27th Guards.Sep.Mot.Rifle Brigade,they also used RPKs very wide.It was 2013 btw.

On 12/19/2016 at 4:03 PM, BadHabitz said:

Last I heard the guy doing that hasn't been around for about 6 months.

Meh... that seems about right. That particular asset, is mostly ready. Still needs to be run inland for bake and paint, but sea trials have gone very well. And she is awaiting new armaments (see previous heavy weapons commentary, of flame (hahaha)). Also worth noting it's big sister the MkV SOC will also be heading inland for rebake and paint, and new armaments. 0.4.4 perhaps, or maybe even 0.4.3 ... with a slight chance of never. So, because you guys like SF stuff SO MUCH! And because I love you guys so much, being a poly whore and all ... beware the following imagery.

:goodnight:

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Hatchet_AS said:

Meh... that seems about right. That particular asset, is mostly ready. Still needs to be run inland for bake and paint, but sea trials have gone very well. And she is awaiting new armaments (see previous heavy weapons commentary, of flame (hahaha)). Also worth noting it's big sister the MkV SOC will also be heading inland for rebake and paint, and new armaments. 0.4.4 perhaps, or maybe even 0.4.3 ... with a slight chance of never. So, because you guys like SF stuff SO MUCH! And because I love you guys so much, being a poly whore and all ... beware the following imagery.

:goodnight:

Ahhh ♥♥ seems like ill finally be able to do the famous scene from Act of Valor :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

When RHS update gonna be Just Right.

35BCB98E540DD6B06E7741A742AF07D85BC34BC5

Sorry I gotta steal this image and use it elsewhere haha that is too fuckin good! 

1 hour ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

When RHS update gonna be Just Right.

35BCB98E540DD6B06E7741A742AF07D85BC34BC5

SHAVE YOUR FACE SOLDIER!!! :evil: (c)Angry Sergeant

according military manuals - you must always have shaved face or neat mustache.All rest - formally forbidden.

it's a joke ofcource.

4 hours ago, ShiftyzZ-98 said:

Ahhh ♥♥ seems like ill finally be able to do the famous scene from Act of Valor :D

We're going to need rivers for that...  ;)

• Like 2

Question for the RHS team : I love your mod and you've been releasing mostly land vehicles, helicopters & planes, weapons ...etc. Any love for boats ? frigates, destroyers or recon vessels of sort ? i for one am very much interested in the navy stuff and know quite a few people that feels the same way. So my question is : Any plan to bring more boats :) ?

Thanks for all the hard work!

8 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

Gotcha covered.. Check out the Brasil map.  Rivers and jungle/rainforest galore!

6 minutes ago, grooovy said:

Question for the RHS team : I love your mod and you've been releasing mostly land vehicles, helicopters & planes, weapons ...etc. Any love for boats ? frigates, destroyers or recon vessels of sort ? i for one am very much interested in the navy stuff and i think it would add quite a lot of diversity and be beneficial to the RHS modpack to get more boats. So my question is : Any plan to bring more boats :) ?

Most probably not, simply due to the sheer size of such an asset.

Big planes like the Tu95 are already straining it in terms of performance and workload. Destroyers and such would just kill it.

Also, first of all you need someone who is geniuosly interested in doing that.

25 minutes ago, ineptaphid said:

(its getting offtopic so i will dont mind if it will be removed :D) Well *cough* ive heard there will be flooding on tanoa :D ...and some new rivers shall rise up :P

to add to what phoenix said, besides the work, due to the engine limitations of the naval aspect, there is really little incentive there to begin with

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, PuFu said:

to add to what phoenix said, besides the work, due to the engine limitations of the naval aspect, there is really little incentive there to begin with

Is this where I should spam images of yuge ocean assets? (Bunch of lazy wankers, of course we have huge naval assets, but no ... we really don't plan on doing large scale naval assets of the vessel type anyway. It really is a bunch of work. Not that all we do isn't anyway..)

• Like 4

Many people, me included, would love to see big naval assets but as the RHS DEVs said, it´s not only a very limited possibility due to the engine, it´s also a huge pile of work. We made that experience with our Frigate in OPTRE...
If anything static assets would be something to think about realistically if you want them to have gameplay value. LHDs, Carriers and maybe container ships for pirate missions come to mind. All of those are still a huge time eater (reference: Nimitz and ATLAS LHD) so yeah, sadly out of scope for most modding teams :(

• Like 1

The new Littoral class ships would be sweet. I don't see as much of a use for the blue water ships. Just my 2 cents.