12 hours ago, heavygunner said:

About announcing the update: what started as a trolling event on BIF (that went pretty fine - the forums going into maintenance was already announced at the time of the post), it seems we managed to stir the pot a bit more than what we have initially expected.

The short version is that everyone in the team is doing everything possible to bring you in time for winter holidays one of the biggest updates of RHS, in terms of optimization, features and content added in any update so far since the original release.

As much we would have liked to put down a precise date by this point, it is simply impossible because everyone is also busy finishing up with work, university etc by the same winter holidays, and it would be unfair to both us and you.

That being said, we are down to polishing and finishing up the few remaining tasks (BIS 1.66 update included) in order to release most of what was shown here so far (besides the obvious surprises) so it shouldn't be that long now. You waited so far, a bit more won't do anyone any harm. ;)

wasn't this the RHS post on their facebook page?

• Like 1

Yep, and I'm curious about that part :

one of the biggest updates of RHS, in terms of optimization, features and content

I mean, even bigger than GREF? Oh, do I hate the waiting! ^^

• Like 1

yeah it was, the bloke forgot to quote it i assume

• Like 2

because i said i'll mirror the social media posts:
8 december:

About announcing the update: what started as a trolling event on BIF (that went pretty fine - the forums going into maintenance was already announced at the time of the post), it seems we managed to stir the pot a bit more than what we have initially expected.

The short version is that everyone in the team is doing everything possible to bring you in time for winter holidays one of the biggest updates of RHS, in terms of optimization, features and content added in any update so far since the original release.

As much we would have liked to put down a precise date by this point, it is simply impossible because everyone is also busy finishing up with work, university etc by the same winter holidays, and it would be unfair to both us and you.

That being said, we are down to polishing and finishing up the few remaining tasks (BIS 1.66 update included) in order to release most of what was shown here so far (besides the obvious surprises) so it shouldn't be that long now. You waited so far, a bit more won't do anyone any harm. ;)

and yes, there is a picture in it:

15325351_1386314481381541_55589331718727

10 december:

Look at it, Bakerman's 360noscope with MCLOS! Skillshot of the year!

(MCLOS will be available with the next release)

11 december:

Hatchet has been busy making the DG-64M sling loading hook for the Mi-8. We want to make even this aspect of helicopter flight more immersive.

15391399_1390691840943805_20067252305129

• Like 13

Looking for some help. I have GREF and all the other RHS mods activated. I'm unable to find any GREF uniforms in the virtual arsenal. I've tried deactivating all my other mods and I still don't see them. Anyone have a solution? Thanks

I could be wrong but I think GREF are just units that use assests from RHSUSF and RHSAFRF. So any uniforms for GREF come from one of the other two.

2 minutes ago, Tuskegee_99th said:

I could be wrong.

You are. ;)

GREF brings new weapons, gear and vehicles.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, haleks said:

You are. ;)

GREF brings new weapons, gear and vehicles.

Wierd. I download it from the RHS web site, several times, and it won't work. Download it from Armaholic and it's working like butter

44 minutes ago, piggypotpie said:

Wierd. I download it from the RHS web site, several times, and it won't work. Download it from Armaholic and it's working like butter

can you be a bit more specific? from what source of the website? torrent, moddb, updater?

7 hours ago, therealslimsatan said:

Well I want's don't get do they now

My dad use to say poop in one hand and wish In the other and see which one fills up quicker 

3 hours ago, PuFu said:

can you be a bit more specific? from what source of the website? torrent, moddb, updater?

Torrent.

I hope that you make it by xmas. That'd be an amazing present. I know I said it before, but if you need any help in any of the few areas of ArmA modding I'm any good at (testing and Eden, that is), give me a shout. I love RHS and would love to do something to help make it even better, but sadly, my skills are very limited. I'm really looking forward to having fun with... well, everything, both old and new. They models are so good that sometimes I like to just load up the vehicles in editor or arsenal and just admire the detail. :) 

On 13.12.2016 at 9:26 PM, Pan Samogon said:

The problem is - it's was military,not paramilitary.And you have extremely high power of stupidness to break an around 5mm(Around it) of Powder-made steel,which cut the bricks.

It's probably the same idea, but different magnitude. :) "That guy" is an universal phenomenon, you can see him mentioned in Terminal Lance (a USMC webcomic) and in several Darwin Awards as well. In general, "How on Earth is that even possible!" moments of idiocy are good indicators. Breaking an AK-74M bayonet is a new one, though, so you must have been saddled with a particularly "gifted" specimen. Oh well, as we say in Poland, they don't sow fools, they're born by themselves. 

10 minutes ago, Pan Samogon said:

First release,then vote!!!

does anyone here actually think we are sitting on the update and we don't release it because we are a bunch of assholes, or rather because there is still stuff to polish /fix /improve

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PuFu said:

does anyone here actually think we are sitting on the update and we don't release it because we are a bunch of assholes, or rather because there is still stuff to polish /fix /improve

Chill out,just a joke.

Just now, Pan Samogon said:

Chill out,just a joke.

was hardly directed to you, more of a general question 

35 minutes ago, PuFu said:

What do you mean PuFu, you do work for free that instantly means you and the rest of RHS owe the community everything!

/Sarcasm

But on a proper note, very excited for the release. You guys have given us solid content throughout the whole year.

• Like 1

Take your time with polish. RHS releases are of a very high standard, but I noticed that if a bug does slip through, but happens not to be extremely game-breaking, it tends to stick until the next release. Those don't come often, one of things I'm looking forward to is a fix for the commander's MGs on some Abrams models. Not, strictly speaking, game-breaking, but it sure does break those tanks.

39 minutes ago, PuFu said:

Nah, it'll be ready when it's ready, you guys work at your pace, not the one the punters dictate to you.

11 minutes ago, dragon01 said:

Take your time with polish. RHS releases are of a very high standard, but I noticed that if a bug does slip through, but happens not to be extremely game-breaking, it tends to stick until the next release. Those don't come often, one of things I'm looking forward to is a fix for the commander's MGs on some Abrams models. Not, strictly speaking, game-breaking, but it sure does break those tanks.

stuff that is properly reported is usually fixed quickly. That said, we do hope that with the SW (rather than outputting directly from SVN via updater) the updates might be a bit more frequent.

• Like 1

Oh, I have no doubts it's fixed quickly. :) In fact, when reported the Abrams MG bug, it was already fixed... in the dev version. It's more about how often the fixes come out. I'm glad that you're looking into having a more frequent release schedule.