How can I find which weapon in a RHS vehicle is the cannon?
I assume I need to check the simulation attribute of the ammo config for that weapon. If it is set to "shotBullet" then it is cannon right?
I am not expert of configs so wanted to ask

ahh you mean while training etc...well, remember that the "weather" is pretty cold "most of the time" in Ru, and also pretty windy. Besides, i think it for the same reasons most US soldiers use gloves, no matter of the weather ;) (i know it is not really the same, but they both offer a certain type of protection).

• Like 8

Not to mention that many pictures of Russian soldiers with balaclavas you can find on the internet were taken during the occupation of the Crimea. During this operation, the soldiers had every reason to conceal their identity.

• Like 1

Breaking news: We will announce the 0.4.2 release date no later than this Wednesday here on BIF.

YE BOI!!! Can't wait!

• Like 1

YE BOI!!! Can't wait!

Best news I have had all year...well since the last RHS update anyway :D

• Like 6

They're announcing the release date ......not the release :D I will laugh my bollocks off if it's 24th Dec ;)

Anyway, as always the RHS team never fails to deliver outstanding updates, this will be no different, great effort from the RHS team, thank you guys and gal's  .

• Like 5

Only RHS can create such excitement when they announce a coming announcement 

• Like 4

Christmas come early this year! (maybe ^_^ )

Eagerly anticipating the announced release date being "when it's done".

• Like 6

Eagerly anticipating the announced release date being "when it's done".

BREAKING NEWS GUYS I JUST HACKED INTO PUFUS COMPUTER AND FOUND THE ANNOUNCEMENT

"Nyet, mod is fine"

Confirm usage of helmet flashlight on my own experience in 2013.it's been attached to 6B28.But only 1 of 30 companies used that.

All rest elements - qoute mysterious... even now.

Yes, all this is very similar to the show (no):

bomby_letjat_na_boevikov11.jpg

iPKf0Ay3Mk4.jpg

xqaghAG-Mvo.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, all this is very similar to the show (no):

Oh... it's all standart issued equipment.

I used to have 6B28(I wasn't airborne,but we still used this instead of 6b26/6b27),6B23-1 and 6SH112,this crappy googles and PMK-1 gasmask.Oh and shovel ofcource :) And office uniform,whuch I used far much often than combat equipment.

One company(Assigned as Special Purpose) had balaclavas,helmet-mounted lights and knees and elbow protection(Not standart issue.)

Im mostly talking about holo-sights and electronic equipment.

Oh... it's all standart issued equipment.

I used to have 6B28(I wasn't airborne,but we still used this instead of 6b26/6b27),6B23-1 and 6SH112,this crappy googles and PMK-1 gasmask.Oh and shovel ofcource :) And office uniform,whuch I used far much often than combat equipment.

One company(Assigned as Special Purpose) had balaclavas,helmet-mounted lights and knees and elbow protection(Not standart issue.)

Im mostly talking about holo-sights and electronic equipment.

These crappy googles? The name you did not write it. You probably confused my friend, maybe if you use the old equipment you are 6b34, but not 6b50.

The elements of equipment can also be attributed knee pads, elbow pads, etc.

I think we need to stop the flood.
  • Like 1

They're announcing the release date ......not the release :D I will laugh my bollocks off if it's 24th Dec ;)

Yeah, I was out having a few drinks when i read PuFu's post-thought the update was Wednesday :) I stand corrected

• Like 4

Just now, masterwiski said:

Saw your Facebook post, very excited!

Wow-somebody was quick :D I think you have made the first forum post since the update.

i do agree though-RHS's facebook has gotten a lot of people excited recently :D

• Like 2

On 06.12.2016 at 2:33 PM, Axon1 said:
These crappy googles? The name you did not write it. You probably confused my friend, maybe if you use the old equipment you are 6b34, but not 6b50.

The elements of equipment can also be attributed knee pads, elbow pads, etc.

I think we need to stop the flood.

Oh common... a guy,who claim disscussion as flood are guy,who trying to avoid it. :P

Talking about goggles,since you're soldier - you don't care about GRAU nomenclature actually,they appears only in documentation.So using quick search I found it was 6B34.But it's still was crap - they get's scratchy,frame easy to broke,quality of rubber strip are extremely low.Of course,we had person in our company,who broke down undestructable AK-74M bayonet,but still - for average soldier quality of equipment is kinda not strong enough.

Talking about Ratnik - well,full kit was never used,except some trials.Usually appears some pieces of equipment,but not a whole kit.

Late response,but still...

Actually since last BMPs updates I got sick idea...

Guys,what do you think about ATGM-less version of BMP1 and BMP2.Like those,which used by Finland or DDR.I mean - could be good vehicle for GREF forces.

Finnish_BMP-2.jpg

bmp1.jpg

EDIT:

Since im one of this guys

f42.jpg

I must admit - new railed AK quality is outstanding.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pan Samogon said:

Of course,we had person in our company,who broke down undestructable AK-74M bayonet,but still - for average soldier quality of equipment is kinda not strong enough.

I guess there's one in every vaguely militaristic group. :) I went to some paramillitary camps back in high school and sure enough, on each one there was this complete dolt who nobody liked (complete with an unflattering knack-name) and who always messed something up. On the first camp, "that guy" broke a folding spade (he was supposed to use it to dig a latrine, naturally :)) and on the other a sturdy-looking utility knife. 

@Pan Samogon - there is a option to remove launcher (Malyutka & Konkurs) through Virtual Garage or Attributes in 0.4.2. It was planned more for use in middle east scenario than for FDF representation ;) In distant future it's planned to make those launchers dismountable during game, so i.e. infantry could use it with tripod

• Like 7

@reyhard shall mount will be removed or just missile?

As for Finland - the first thinking of ATGMs less BMPs to me associated with Finland. :P

6 hours ago, dragon01 said:

I guess there's one in every vaguely militaristic group. :) I went to some paramillitary camps back in high school and sure enough, on each one there was this complete dolt who nobody liked (complete with an unflattering knack-name) and who always messed something up. On the first camp, "that guy" broke a folding spade (he was supposed to use it to dig a latrine, naturally :)) and on the other a sturdy-looking utility knife. 

The problem is - it's was military,not paramilitary.And you have extremely high power of stupidness to break an around 5mm(Around it) of Powder-made steel,which cut the bricks.

Anyway... since quality Russian non-ODKB EMR equipment lacks... They're solid and provide the main functions usually,but still - they had to do it with same functionality,not loosing it.

As example - protection goggles,which too easy to scratch.Or uniforms,which loose it's pattern after first wash,and turns to solid light green after 1-2 years of usage.Could say 6Sh112 also had some quality issues,but it's was extremely small.

On 12/6/2016 at 11:35 AM, PuFu said:

Breaking news: We will announce the 0.4.2 release date no later than this Wednesday here on BIF.

... *ahem* ??  :don11:

About announcing the update: what started as a trolling event on BIF (that went pretty fine - the forums going into maintenance was already announced at the time of the post), it seems we managed to stir the pot a bit more than what we have initially expected.

The short version is that everyone in the team is doing everything possible to bring you in time for winter holidays one of the biggest updates of RHS, in terms of optimization, features and content added in any update so far since the original release.

As much we would have liked to put down a precise date by this point, it is simply impossible because everyone is also busy finishing up with work, university etc by the same winter holidays, and it would be unfair to both us and you.

That being said, we are down to polishing and finishing up the few remaining tasks (BIS 1.66 update included) in order to release most of what was shown here so far (besides the obvious surprises) so it shouldn't be that long now. You waited so far, a bit more won't do anyone any harm. ;)

• Like 3