Not a RHS bug, its ACE3's fragmentation that acts a bit wonky in this case. Error has already been reported on ACE3's github page iirc.

Thank you for your answer :)

Lol what the hell with vehicles in this mod? :D

*sigh*

Check your download, what other mods you are using and if the bug persists without any other mods try to use the feedback tracker....

Was that okay that way guys?

• Like 1

G'day Dev! is the 2S7 Pion 203mm on the list of things to add, I'm not requesting it but it does qualifies to RHS's list 'cause it's still in service. both in the Russian forces and Ukrainian forces (aka GreF mod)

f7ce848e691e7dee6cbb0802e012376b.jpg

G'day Dev! is the 2S7 Pion 203mm on the list of things to add, I'm not requesting it but it does qualifies to RHS's list 'cause it's still in service. both in the Russian forces and Ukrainian forces (aka GreF mod)

T-34 was in Service of Soviet Union untill 1993.But it doesn't mean they was in active usage.

Same here.

G'day Dev! is the 2S7 Pion 203mm on the list of things to add

nope

• Like 1

So you are requesting while not requesting.

giphy.gif

• Like 21

Ukraine has dusted off its Pions, but I don't see Russia doing this. If they needed that kind of range, they'd either use TBMs (non-nuclear Tochka or Iskander), BM-30 Smerch or the Tornado MRLS. Pion is a rather outdated system that has only been brought out because it has enough range to shoot over the Ukrainian buffer zone.

• Like 1

That awkward moment, when the new vanilla patch comes out, but you only hyped AF for the mod updates it brings  :ph34r:

• Like 6

It's been out for 23m, release already! /s

Eee, what? Where?

I think he was talking about the vanilla Arma 3 update

It's been out for 23m, release already! /s

Well, let's see what the new vanilla update breaks... ehm... brings. :P

• Like 2

Eee, what? Where?

He expresses his eagerness by saying "release already"

• Like 3

Sorry for bringing disappointment and confusion in this holy place. ;)

English is obviously not my first language.

#offtopicout

• Like 2

Is there any particular reason to expect an imminent RHS release just because 1.66 is out? Or did I miss something?

• Like 1

Is there any particular reason to expect an imminent RHS release just because 1.66 is out? Or did I miss something?

I believe the RHS team said the new version would not release until Arma's next update. However I would not be expecting RHS to update immediately-the point of waiting was to test it out and fix potential issues caused by the game update. So I would presume there will be some fixes etc to do. They never said it would be ready when the game updated anyway.

Let's leave them to their work folks ;)

• Like 8

Well, let's see what the new vanilla update breaks... ehm... brings. :P

Exactly my reaction.  :D Although in all seriousness, from players perspective it's pretty nice they continue to support and improve the game, even though in a short term the effects may be negative when it comes down to mods. However, I would imagine that for some content creators those updates that break addons/mods can be rather annoying, especially if the updates doesn't bring features that would directly benefit your mod. It just means extra work if you want to keep your content up to date.

Also ... I'm not so sure if I'm allowed to ask this (although I think this falls into the category of curiosity rather than a request), but will we ever see some Russian uniforms with glove variants? I mean is there some specific reason why the mod lacks them or is it just because of personal preference (or both)? 

not really, we did say after 1.66, but there is no definitive date.

PS: next year is still after 1.66, so is 2018 ;)

Also ... I'm not so sure if I'm allowed to ask this (although I think this falls into the category of curiosity rather than a request), but will we ever see some Russian uniforms with glove variants? I mean is there some specific reason why the mod lacks them or is it just because of personal preference (or both)? 

no.maybe.probably.

in all seriousness, RHS doesn't "lacks" russian gloves, we simply didn't get to it = time (it brings nothing to the table, so it will happen when one of us will say: "hey, why don't i spend the next few days making gloves" - it also means we need to duplicate .p3d file(s) to get the "gloves uniform" variant(s) ).

i hope this answers your "curiosity"

• Like 8

not really, we did say after 1.66, but there is no definitive date.

PS: next year is still after 1.66, so is 2018 ;)

no.maybe.probably.

in all seriousness, RHS doesn't "lacks" russian gloves, we simply didn't get to it = time (it brings nothing to the table, so it will happen when one of us will say: "hey, why don't i spend the next few days making gloves" - it also means we need to duplicate .p3d file(s) to get the "gloves uniform" variant(s) ).

i hope this answers your "curiosity"

Well, it was genuine curiosity.  :D  You can see Russian soldiers wearing and not wearing gloves, so there's nothing inherently wrong not to have gloves (in terms of realism ofc, from developer's perspective it's good when they say so). I just wondered if the gloves were something that were totally out of the question, since I remember someone asked about them in the past (not very nicely though) and the response left me with an impression that somebody doesn't like gloves much. So thank you very much for your response. 

But yes, I can totally see you'll probably want to spend your scarce time for some other things. Gloves do have very little impact to the overall gameplay after all. 

• Like 3

Well, it was genuine curiosity.  :D  You can see Russian soldiers wearing and not wearing gloves, so there's nothing inherently wrong not to have gloves (in terms of realism ofc, from developer's perspective it's good when they say so). I just wondered if the gloves were something that were totally out of the question, since I remember someone asked about them in the past (not very nicely though) and the response left me with an impression that somebody doesn't like gloves much. So thank you very much for your response. 

But yes, I can totally see you'll probably want to spend your scarce time for some other things. Gloves do have very little impact to the overall gameplay after all. 

Don't worry about PuFu's barely contained hostility-it's what we love about him. Gives him his edge  ;)

• Like 7

I believe the RHS team said the new version would not release until Arma's next update.

Was simply a statement made in the recognition that 1.66 was close. When we comment on upcoming BIS patches, the inferences are twofold:

• We feel releasing anything as big as an RHS update, just a few weeks before a main branch patch would be stupid. Since third party content could (and often does) get broken when BIS make major updates to the game. i.e. "We cannot release right now."
  • The proximity of BIS' update means we can begin to integrate some of the features introduced in 1.66 that have been observed, recorded and investigated on the devBranch changelog and discussion thread, but have not yet been integrated because it'd mess up testing builds for members who don't run devBranch. i.e. "The next release will have even more nice features."

Any assumption from the former that "RHS must also be close to finished if it's being pushed back" (probability of being a false assumption), is immediately offset by the need to spend enough time to test and integrate new things in the latter (a fixed truth of addon-making).

So there's no net commentary on whether the mod will be near to the patch or not.

Work goes on. BIS patches are either a positive or negative influence on individual morale and work-rate. Late nights spent with modding tools, abound.

• Like 7

Don't worry about PuFu's barely contained hostility-it's what we love about him. Gives him his edge   ;)

i'm not hostile, i am just hard edged :)

(pun intended)

• Like 8