I very much doubt it will have any effect :)

Well, bright colours grab peoples attention, the page 90% of the time opens up to the top of the page, people read big red letters and if they're not retarded af they realise that asking for requests is a dog act. 

Better than not having one I suppose. 

Well, bright colours grab peoples attention, the page 90% of the time opens up to the top of the page, people read big red letters and if they're not retarded af they realise that asking for requests is a dog act. 

Better than not having one I suppose.

none of us can be bothered with constantly counting posts so we know when it is time to "spam" our own thread with "no requests plox". it is not an option, and as you have seen above, just below me obviously trolling a bit, happens to be exactly the same sort of "question"...nothing one can do though...

PS: despite popular belief, questions are not requests, and most are actually answered, especially considering there is a lag between our official documentation and the releases.

Yes, so it happens that people type "will you do x",  "can we see y" or "have you thought about z", "when will you release" etc, instead of: "please make w, ty". Same shit, different format

Depends on who's side your on.

there are no sides if you really come to think of it

• Like 4

this is a very very well made mod for the US and Russia but it would be also cool to see them add the British and another OPFOR faction in the future.

Here I can give a sort of formal answer actually. Basically in the scope of the current core team this will most probably never happen. There are just so many plans for the current factions that there is literally no space to contribute to anything else. There is however other possibilities. If a competent and established team that is interested in these factions comes to us and proposes that they enter the scope of RHS, and if they can demonstrate that they can be largely self sufficient, they would be more than welcome to become part of RHS and enjoy all the benefits of our knowledge, infrastructure, sources etc. Sort of like RHS incubator. This has actually happened already, with very positive results, but we will make some news at a later point in time.

So if you are a group of modders working on a faction which we currently do not cover, we are very welcome to discussions on this sort of collaborations.

• Like 14

Here I can give a sort of formal answer actually. Basically in the scope of the current core team this will most probably never happen. There are just so many plans for the current factions that there is literally no space to contribute to anything else. There is however other possibilities. If a competent and established team that is interested in these factions comes to us and proposes that they enter the scope of RHS, and if they can demonstrate that they can be largely self sufficient, they would be more than welcome to become part of RHS and enjoy all the benefits of our knowledge, infrastructure, sources etc. Sort of like RHS incubator. This has actually happened already, with very positive results, but we will make some news at a later point in time.

So if you are a group of modders working on a faction which we currently do not cover, we are very welcome to discussions on this sort of collaborations.

I really would love to see someone creating a RHS Civilian Pack :)  ( no request that is ;) )

I really would love to see someone creating a RHS Civilian Pack :)  ( no request that is ;) )

even though you wrote that it isn't, it still is, just saying...in any case, that is the last thing that is gonna happen, i personally have enough on my plate as it is with all the "cop and robbers" communities and servers monetizing RHS content. Imagine what would happen if RHS would actually provide civilian content...

in any case, for the moment i do recommend our very own member: reyhard's RDS Civilians 

• Like 4

Love the Detail on this Full Conversion, Your Mod is the standard that I judge other addons against in regards to Texture Quality.

Keep up the good work :D

• Like 1

none of us can be bothered with constantly counting posts so we know when it is time to "spam" our own thread with "no requests plox". it is not an option, and as you have seen above, just below me obviously trolling a bit, happens to be exactly the same sort of "question"...nothing one can do though...

Would it make sense to point people to your feedback tracker (as one can submit requests there) or would that just be another kind of spam you'd have to deal with?

Would it make sense to point people to your feedback tracker (as one can submit requests there) or would that just be another kind of spam you'd have to deal with?

Out of 10,000 replies to this thread i bet around a third is probably one of RHS peeps trying to refer people to the feedback tracker :)

• Like 2

I asked about RHS Civilian factions here after the GreenFor Pack was released, so I already know that this will not happen from your side. After reading soul assassins last post I just thought that it would be nice to see something like that created maybe by someone else...maybe even then become part of your mod. I absolutely think that this is an aspect of the game that is still badly missing ( for military gameplay that is) . Reyhards  A2 ports btw would be an amazing base for such a pack :)

But yeah a high quality civilian pack would definitely be used on shitty rollplay servers ...so that is a point :/

Out of 10,000 replies to this thread i bet around a third is probably one of RHS peeps trying to refer people to the feedback tracker :)

Another third being answers to requests...

Sometimes I wish people would put themselves in modder's shoes before posting - just for a few seconds.

I'm sure you know best, but most times I've read posts like these here, people were pointed to the feedback tracker because they were reporting bugs not because of requests. But you're right, it probably won't have much impact on the number of requests here anyway... :mellow:

I asked about RHS Civilian factions here after the GreenFor Pack was released, so I already know that this will not happen from your side. After reading soul assassins last post I just thought that it would be nice to see something like that created maybe by someone else...maybe even then become part of your mod. I absolutely think that this is an aspect of the game that is still badly missing ( for military gameplay that is) . Reyhards  A2 ports btw would be an amazing base for such a pack :)

But yeah a high quality civilian pack would definitely be used on shitty rollplay servers ...so that is a point :/

I would say that Reyhard's work is on par with RHS quality : in my eyes it's pretty much RHS civilian counterpart already. ;)

• Like 3

If a competent and established team that is interested in these factions comes to us and proposes that they enter the scope of RHS, and if they can demonstrate that they can be largely self sufficient, they would be more than welcome to become part of RHS and enjoy all the benefits of our knowledge, infrastructure, sources etc. Sort of like RHS incubator.

This would, obviously, be awesome but I hope that in terms of evaluating suitably you'll consider not only authenticity and visuals but give equal import to the other things that makes RHS so good. Thinking specifically of optimization, absence of dependencies, working as much as possible with the native engine and minimal/light-weight/unobtrusive scripting.

What plans do you have about air forces. I know there is a russian cargo plane and bomber in the works. But do you have any plans for air to air and air to ground planes. Like MIG'S and SU's and there counterparts.

Okay.This discussion ends NOW. This is getting out of hand ans is turning into personal attacks to and from the RHS team. Warning points have now been given and more will be handed out if we cannot stay on topic. 

• Like 10

This would, obviously, be awesome but I hope that in terms of evaluating suitably you'll consider not only authenticity and visuals but give equal import to the other things that makes RHS so good. Thinking specifically of optimization, absence of dependencies, working as much as possible with the native engine and minimal/light-weight/unobtrusive scripting.

that's why soul_assassin mentioned the benefits as well " benefits of our knowledge, infrastructure, sources etc". Workflow and pipelines are already in place, so such a team would most likely produce work that follows exactly the same principals.

talking about optimization, there has been further improvements in a wide range of areas for the next update.

What plans do you have about air forces. I know there is a russian cargo plane and bomber in the works. But do you have any plans for air to air and air to ground planes. Like MIG'S and SU's and there counterparts.

we do not make public our future (immediate and distant) plans because that would create expectancy and we would loose the element of surprise. in general terms, there are indeed some plans for air force, but there will be no details about it till things develop some more and get more concrete.
  • Like 10

Hello! I've loved your work since I picked up ArmA 3 a few years ago. I used to be a much bigger fan of Massi's Nato SF And Russian Spetsnaz units, in the same way I used to prefer eating Wendy's instead of... Literally anything else. Quality has improved and now your mod provides almost everything I'm looking for. A few low-quality textures and models here and there, but for the most part everything is great. You can imagine I was super excited when Clima_x announced WPB! Then I came across Task Force Honor and Terrorist Organization Black Order, both of which utilize the amazing work you've done. WPB is what has me the most excited, as it's being done by a member of the team - are there any other projects like this I should be looking for? Massi is like the fast food of mods - quantity over quality, but by God he delivered. China, US, Russia, UK, Italy, countless others. I've been looking for similar mods that expand the already monstrous project that is RHS: Escalation, with RHS's weapons and vehicles to keep everything neat and uniform. I'm very OCD, I refuse to run certain mods together if they don't use the exact same models and textures. 

Wow, I rant and rave all the dang time. I'm just really excited. 

TL;DR - Love the mod, Clima_x's WPB looks awesome, anything similar to WPB I should check out or look forward to?

... anything similar to WPB I should check out or look forward to?

I certainly don't speak for Red Hammer Studios, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there's some affiliation between RHS and WestWall, a WWII modification. There are no released versions yet, but I've been following the Facebook page for images and details as they emerge (:

https://www.facebook.com/westwallmod/

Although not quite the modern warfare you seem to be looking for, it certainly has that trademark quality of some devs who love what they do (:

• Like 2

Am i the only one experiencing this, or has the green light given off from RHS NVG's disappeared recently? Anyone know the cause?

• Like 1

Am i the only one experiencing this, or has the green light given off from RHS NVG's disappeared recently? Anyone know the cause?

I think so, the only ones that do that now have a blue light, not sure which ones...

I think so, the only ones that do that now have a blue light, not sure which ones...

A blue light? Are they in RHS too?i never saw NVG's with a blue light

I meant this feature.(I am aware the nvg in this pic are from hawaiian's rangers mod-but I am positive RHS had this feature as well until recently)

dML1CEA.jpg

• Like 2

A blue light? Are they in RHS too?i never saw NVG's with a blue light

I meant this feature.(I am aware the nvg in this pic are from hawaiian's rangers mod-but I am positive RHS had this feature as well until recently)

AN/PVS 14`s have blue texture on them when they are off 

and i think they are emiting Green when activated

• Like 1

After some discussions in the Substance painter thread ^^ I'd thought I'd post some of the work that was done there by me and sort of show more behind the scenes (all these things will be in the next release)

82a631aee70f0c53b2f9eae5cb14fe82.jpg

A little bit late, but what is this on the picture? I have no idea...