Arma 3's "mass" is an entire arbitrary number that covers both size and weight. It doesn't correspond to anything "real world".

Then don't call it mass. It causes confusion. Call it encumbrance or some other non-specific term.

Arma 3's "mass" is an entire arbitrary number that covers both size and weight. It doesn't correspond to anything "real world".

Yes

"arbitrary weight/mass units" is probably the best way to think about it. I may not be correct on this but, my thinking is that BIS did things this way to save time. This is a simpler if horribly indiscript way of doing things, like it or not its probably saved them writing quite a few lines somewhere if you had to have values for both weight and usage of inventory space capacity for everything you could pick up. As nice as it would be to want something that "made more sense" and was easier to relate to, this is much more a game about shooting things than it is about carrying things.

While not everyone is a fan of it, I'm quite pleased with what they did for DayZ in regards to how the inventory and it works, but I don't see that type of overhaul ever being a priority for Arma 3.

• Like 1

Then don't call it mass. It causes confusion. Call it encumbrance or some other non-specific term.

Another good one is, in infantry weapon configs, reloadTime is not as you might first assume, time to reload the weapon, but the delay between shots (cycle time).

• Like 3

"Mass" is what the engine calls it. I'm bringing this up to show that getting the weight of weapons and items right in Arma 3 is far more of a subjective judgement then people tend to assume. All you can really to is make an estimate based on known item masses, and tweak that value based on further playtesting. There's no official "one BImass = X unit of weight" conversion.

Having accurate weapons weight in a game is totally pointless, as you don't have to carry it for real, unless you have an AI that is random, and have MILLIONS of genetic variations, where a 9lb rifle to an old sweat doesn't feel heavy, and he handles it like a pro, or a novice where 9lb's feels like 90, and he can't hold it in the aim for more than 20 seconds.

It's nice to have as a statistic, it's entering the fine line between realism and gaming, I watch video's of guys jogging for several hundred metres, in full kit, with 20-40 M4 magazines, and grenades in their pack, and then go clear entire complexes without so much as a hint of fatigue.

AI/Player characters able to climb up walls 6' plus in full kit (40-60KG) "Unassisted" which is far from reality, so arguing about the accuracy of a weapon's wight/mass like it's a game changer is moot and pointless.

It's impossible for any game to truly represent each and every individuals level of fitness, stamina, and endurance, where the weight/mass of any weapon would have an effect in the real world.

• Like 8

Plus, if we're going for full realism, the Barret should be treated as a crew served weapon.

The definitions of weight and mass and how it works in Arma is Off-Topic for this thread.

• Like 2

1. the weights (as arma handles it) has been adjusted for the next release

2. do not mention here features that are not part of rhs and this are not under rhs direct control - it is pretty pointless, don't you think?

3. if you want to talk about the way arma handles with a single xonfig entry both weight and dimension, please do it someplace else

I think that this gentleman is waiting for an answer, so let's not keep him waiting. :D

Multiple mod devs reply in the mean time and everyone pretends they didn't see my and sammael's post? C'mon, don't be cruel.. :(

Multiple mod devs reply in the mean time and everyone pretends they didn't see my and sammael's post? C'mon, don't be cruel.. :(

It was answered AFAIK, but ok again, nope, GREF at least at the moment, will not include real world armies. It's a generic green forces faction.

Don't worry, it's still WIP but in better and better shape. ;)

Zeealex made a fantastic job creating this model, so now the only thing you guys need is patience. ;)

• Like 2

Plus, if we're going for full realism, the Barret should be treated as a crew served weapon.

It's up to the mission creator, actually, not RHS devs. M107 can (with difficulty) be used as an individual weapon, but the most efficient way of deploying it is as a CSW. Though keep in mind that what is awesome about it is really mild recoil (there's a YouTube video of a 15 year old girl firing it, while standing), comparable to a 7.92mm sniper rifle. It is heavy, meaning holding it up should cause increased fatigue (pretty sure that's a vanilla feature already), but otherwise, the real reason for using it like a CSW is that if you're carrying an M107, you won't be able to carry much ammo, since .50 bullets are quite weighty themselves. At least, that's the picture I've got, any actual M107 gunners are of course welcome to correct me. :)

Okay this M107 conversation has really gone offtopic from the scope of RHS. Let's please get back on track.Anyone wanting to continue the conversation, move it to PM;s or start a topic in the "Offtopic" section.Thanks.

• Like 3

Don't worry, it's still WIP but in better and better shape. ;)

Zeealex made a fantastic job creating this model, so now the only thing you guys need is patience. ;)

Which is getting harder and harder with all the stuff you are teasing us with ;) You guys are doing amazing work

• Like 3

1. the weights (as arma handles it) has been adjusted for the next release

2. do not mention here features that are not part of rhs and this are not under rhs direct control - it is pretty pointless, don't you think?

3. if you want to talk about the way arma handles with a single xonfig entry both weight and dimension, please do it someplace else

Thank you, this is very much appreciated and I'm glad it was able to be rectified.

Is it possible to do a config addon to add the cool hand on stock when the bipod is deployed to things like sniper rifles? Or is something like that handled on the weapon's animations?

Is it possible to do a config addon to add the cool hand on stock when the bipod is deployed to things like sniper rifles? Or is something like that handled on the weapon's animations?

Do you mean like the M240 and PKM when the bipod is set?

Do you mean like the M240 and PKM when the bipod is set?

Yeah exactly like those, I'd love to try and put that onto the M107, provided it can be done as a companion mod.

Yeah exactly like those, I'd love to try and put that onto the M107, provided it can be done as a companion mod.

I think there was some talk that they were thinking of releasing the M107 separately (kind of like the MP7 pack, having a separate version that you can use without RHSUSAF) at one point but I don't remember any of the details and may very well be mistaken. Hopefully someone with more information on this can give you better help than me.

I think there was some talk that they were thinking of releasing the M107 separately (kind of like the MP7 pack, having a separate version that you can use without RHSUSAF) at one point but I don't remember any of the details and may very well be mistaken. Hopefully someone with more information on this can give you better help than me.

The standalone release is being done by Zeelaex.

Actually, if that hand on stock feature came with some documentation for other modders it would be awesome. I'm hoping it comes to the IFA3 MG42s one day :P 

• Like 1

I would like to say thanks for RHS:GREF in this awesome mod! I hope that current fractions are not all what are you going to show us in future. ;)

Here I want to show a small trailer to my new cooperative mission, which i made using RHS CDF:

• Like 3

You guys should post more to the blog on your website. The few posts you have are fascinating to read!

• Like 4

The T-90 series is equipped with the AINET smart fuse system for HE-FRAG rounds.

not working for me...he-frag always explode on hit

The main armament of the M1A2 is the M256A1 120 mm smoothbore gun

The ammunition types for the main gun are:

• APFSDS (Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot) M829, M829A1, M829A2, M829A3 and newest M829A4.

can`t find M829A4 in M1A2 EDEN amunition checkbox

if mod  have smart fuse sytem script  why no Ð¥Ðœ1147 ÐMP on M1A2 SEP V2 ?

cause M829A4 and Ð¥Ðœ1147 unified