I thought they use greenlight and redlight to inform jump time, is that not so?

As zagor64bz explained, there is only small bulb next to doors & ramp. In fact, you can see it on pic I posted and it's fully toggable

here is a little close up on that

http://imgur.com/fw6355L

@mcarma - what do you mean?

• Like 3

Does anyone know how to remove the range finder in the M2A2?

Why would you want to do that? It's M2A2ODS which means in reality it have a laser range finder, still it's FCS and sights should be considered as kinda WIP.

• Like 1

RHS, can you make a table with penetration values of tank shells from mod on deffirent distance and rha armor value of tanks?
Is Kontakt-5 in mod work agains m829/a1 ?

RHS, can you make a table with penetration values of tank shells from mod on deffirent distance and rha armor value of tanks?

Is Kontakt-5 in mod work agains m829/a1 ?

I will eventually do such data for RHS Wiki, and armor values but for the second thing I need to wait for Olds to come back and give all the data because he have it. So it won't happen soon for armor values.

And yes, Kontakt-5 works against M829, and is't a bit less effective against M829A1. However proper simulation of ERA/projectile interaction is difficult in ArmA3 engine, and it's generally simplified.

• Like 2

Does this mod model crew damage from penetration? Like APFSDS or anti armor rounds killing crew? 

Im pretty sure ive had it happen a couple times but it doesnt seem consistent and im not sure if it was a bug or not. 

is that a bug that the M107 overheats so fast? like 2 mags not quick shots, already having 10m spread on 400m

is that a bug that the M107 overheats so fast? like 2 mags not quick shots, already having 10m spread on 400m

This was reported a while ago and is slated to be fixed in the next release.

• Like 1

Does this mod model crew damage from penetration? Like APFSDS or anti armor rounds killing crew? 

Im pretty sure ive had it happen a couple times but it doesnt seem consistent and im not sure if it was a bug or not. 

Yep, the crew can be killed without destroying vehicle, although still consider it WIP, in next version it should be better, thanks to Reyhard magic, there is also sort of simulation of spalling effect inside. ;)

As for consistency, well real world is not consistent either. :P

• Like 5

we do not have a overheating feature in our mod, so there is no bug to talk about in the first place

• Like 2

By the way, for RHS vehicular players, I started updating our Wiki with help from Misty Ronin. It's not much yet, but might be helpfull, soon I will start updating informations about Russian vehicles as well.

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m1a1
http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m1a2
http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m2a2
http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m2a3

I hope some informations in these brief descriptions might be helpfull or interesting for all of you. :)

PS. Of course in time I will try to build up these articles, especially with FCS section.

• Like 7

By the way, for RHS vehicular players, I started updating our Wiki with help from Misty Ronin. It's not much yet, but might be helpfull, soon I will start updating informations about Russian vehicles as well.

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m1a1

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m1a2

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m2a2

http://www.rhsmods.org/w/m2a3

I hope some informations in these brief descriptions might be helpfull or interesting for all of you. :)

PS. Of course in time I will try to build up these articles, especially with FCS section.

Quick question out of interest as you seem to be an expert for american tanks., i always thought that the FCS of the Abrams was a licensed/adapted version of the Leopard 2 one like the gun, but it seems it is not, because in the german army we were told that the Leopard can accurately hit targets at high ranges out of full movement speed about 60 - 65 km/h.

Just a question not really that important but i am genuinely interested

I never would have thought that the T-72 can survive after 2 BGM-71 TOW lauch)

perhaps this is a bug in the static launchers addon or AI aiming skill is 0 :D

Quick question out of interest as you seem to be an expert for american tanks., i always thought that the FCS of the Abrams was a licensed/adapted version of the Leopard 2 one like the gun, but it seems it is not, because in the german army we were told that the Leopard can accurately hit targets at high ranges out of full movement speed about 60 - 65 km/h.

Just a question not really that important but i am genuinely interested

1. No, M1's FCS was 100% designed and made in USA... actually it's some components of Leopard 2 FCS that were made in USA and licensed by Germany. :P For example the WBG-X thermal camera is US designed by Hughes and later purchased by Germany, same with components of EMES-15 primary sight as it was better and more compact than original EMES-13 sight completely designed in Germany. ;)

I had a very good book about Leopard 2's history, just recently written and published.

ok%C5%82adka-WBS-leopard-prz%C3%B3d.jpg

So this is my source. I know the author, and I can assure he knows what is writing.

2. It's not true that you can hit accurately targets at high ranges at speeds of 60-65 km/h, especially with Leopard 2 sights, day sight is fixed 12x zoom, while thermal sight is 3x and 12x zoom, with such sights you will barely see target at maximum range of 4000m, heck even modern versions of M1 with thermal sights having 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom, would not be able to hit targets accurately at maximum 5000m ranges at such speeds. I will put it that way, always treat with a grain of salt what they say you during military service, I learned that myself as well. ;)

I mean it's not immposible, but very difficult, especially if your own tank manouvers or target is also moving.

I would strongly advise you to purchase and play a bit with Steel Beasts Pro PE simulator, you can there see how FCS works, and also compare of FCS of various tanks.

PS. If you want further discussion please PM me, let's not spread too much OT in RHS topic. ;)

• Like 4

You guys would have a great career as strippers. Never before have I seen someone so good at teasing it's audience. I suppose it wouldn't be that bad if you guys didn't make such amazing content. I have been checking this topic religiously every day since the release of Escalation. I swear you guys are gonna be the reason I snap.

• Like 8

1. No, M1's FCS was 100% designed and made in USA... actually it's some components of Leopard 2 FCS that were made in USA and licensed by Germany. :P For example the WBG-X thermal camera is US designed by Hughes and later purchased by Germany, same with components of EMES-15 primary sight as it was better and more compact than original EMES-13 sight completely designed in Germany. ;)

I had a very good book about Leopard 2's history, just recently written and published.

ok%C5%82adka-WBS-leopard-prz%C3%B3d.jpg

So this is my source. I know the author, and I can assure he knows what is writing.

2. It's not true that you can hit accurately targets at high ranges at speeds of 60-65 km/h, especially with Leopard 2 sights, day sight is fixed 12x zoom, while thermal sight is 3x and 12x zoom, with such sights you will barely see target at maximum range of 4000m, heck even modern versions of M1 with thermal sights having 3x, 6x, 13x, 25x and 50x zoom, would not be able to hit targets accurately at maximum 5000m ranges at such speeds. I will put it that way, always treat with a grain of salt what they say you during military service, I learned that myself as well. ;)

I mean it's not immposible, but very difficult, especially if your own tank manouvers or target is also moving.

I would strongly advise you to purchase and play a bit with Steel Beasts Pro PE simulator, you can there see how FCS works, and also compare of FCS of various tanks.

PS. If you want further discussion please PM me, let's not spread too much OT in RHS topic. ;)

Do you guys reference steel beasts a lot when making/designing your armored vehicles in the mod? Just curious

Do you guys reference steel beasts a lot when making/designing your armored vehicles in the mod? Just curious

Depends, when it comes to optics, FCS then yeah. When it comes to armor protection values, then no, in such case we do our own research, which sometimes takes long time of digging through various avaiable sources, and then Olds makes calculations based on gathered data.

You can read more in our devblog chapter about making armor values for vehicles.

http://www.rhsmods.org/b/5

Same with ammunition, however here we tend to avoid "official data" and do our own research and calculations. Just an example, shaped charge warheads manufacturers like to cheat to increase penetration values of their HEAT warheads, how they cheat? Oh that's simple.

Let's say a warhead penetrates per advertisement 1200mm RHA - Rolled Homogeneus Armor, ok, but for example armor of a modern tank, is made from other materials, for example Titanium alloys, various armored steel alloys, Depleted Uranium alloys, Tungsten alloys, and other materials, not counting the general armor design. And of course that data in general is secret, so HEAT manufacturers can't use it.

But for example they could use a target made from High Hardness Steel plates, however, to make a target from HHS plates that would be 1200mm thick, is expensive, because HHS plates can be made only as thin plates due to manufacturing limitations. So you would need a lot of such plates to do so, which means more costs.

Also 1200mm of HHS plates would mean that a shaped charge jet would penetrate less armor, for example not 1200mm but 800mm (just an example), simply because HHS armor offers greater protection than RHA.

So during presentations for advertisement, HEAT warheads manufacturers use a simple RHA armor, or sometimes they even use a simple soft construction steel. :P

So to get closer to reality, one need to dig deeper, make own research, own calculations etc. It's a long, difficult process, and not always successfull, so then you need to use official data provided unfortunetaly.

But sometimes even military provides some help unintentionally during various tests. For example officialy German DM33 APFSDS round was estimated to penetrate around 500+ mm RHA at 2000m, while during tests in Poland, it become obvious it can only penetrate 470-480mm RHA at 2000m. Of course it's an obsolete ammunition, nobody or nearly nobody uses it anymore, but it shows that sometimes it's better to dig deeper for informations and data than base knowledge only on official statements.

And there is also a fact that some team members like I am, are active or reserve or former military servicemen in their respective countries, besides that, sometimes we have opportunities to get around, inside real military vehicles, as an example for a few last years I was around and inside Leopard 2A4's, Leopard 2A5's, T-72 class tanks, M1A2SEPv2's, M2A3's, M88A2's, BPz2's, BMP-1's, 2S1's, ZSU-23-4's and their modifications, and tons of other military vehicles. So it gives a lot of opportunities to get some more knowledge about that kind of equipment, talk with crews sometimes, get own impression about them.

• Like 8

now I understand why this take so long time...It will be a big update with new content and new function 

is it planned to add in GREF real factions (Syria army,Ukrainian army ...) ?

I think that this gentleman is waiting for an answer, so let's not keep him waiting. :D

• Like 2

Any plans on addressing the weight of the M107?  It shows up as one pound, or about half a kilogram in game for my unit.  Newest build, consistent for everyone in the game.  It makes it useless from a realism standpoint.

Should be fixed already in our internal build, so wait for next release. ;)

• Like 3

Any plans on addressing the weight of the M107?  It shows up as one pound, or about half a kilogram in game for my unit.  Newest build, consistent for everyone in the game.  It makes it useless from a realism standpoint.

This is also what causes the overheating issues with this weapon in ACE3. I reported it a while back and was told that it had already been fixed internally and would be part of the next update. This was a while ago but I can't recall seeing an update for RHS since.

I'd like to point out that you need to stop reading ACE3's "weights", Arma 3 doesn't have weight, it has mass. So it's really not as intuitive as one might think. 

Weight is mass times gravitational acceleration, so unless you're playing Take On: Mars instead of ArmA3, it should pretty much be the same thing, only in different units. :) 

Arma 3's "mass" is an entire arbitrary number that covers both size and weight. It doesn't correspond to anything "real world".

• Like 1