What kind of optics do Ground Forces Spetsnaz use? I've seen pictures of Spetsnaz using everything from iron sights, to Eotechs and RCO's, but I'm sure they were of FSB units.

Whatever the hell they want, presumably. :) It's usually the case with SF. One of the perks of being a specop is the ability to customize your own gear. 

Awesome pic, like that you guys brought back the mag holding style. Thank you.

It's primarily for the new AKs with railed handguards. So that hands aren't clipping through lasers, lights etc. when holding the weapon without a vert-grip attached

Can you make option in RHS options to disable zoom on RHS scopes, because 1x red dot or holographic sights with additional zoom becomes 3x scopes.

"additional zoom" in Arma is treated as the main 1x zoom. All BIS scopes are scaled relative to that (so a BIS 10x scope is 10x the "additional zoom" view one has with a red-dot). Removing the variable zoom on some red-dot and ironsight type sights means some optics will be overpowered in relation to what players without a scope can see.

With RHS we have to use a slightly different (lower) base 1x value for a few of our scopes so that the reticles fit properly in the field of view and still have correct scale to objects in the game world. But there are optics where we have taken BIS' example to heart as much as possible..

• Like 5

I have to laugh at all the people who disable "zoom" in Arma III because "it's more realistic". You're essentially running around in game nearsighted.

• Like 4

What kind of optics do Ground Forces Spetsnaz use? I've seen pictures of Spetsnaz using everything from iron sights, to Eotechs and RCO's, but I'm sure they were of FSB units.

I had none in a whole regiment during my service,except PSO-1 on SVDs.

It's all actually depends on mission and unit.

I'll just leave this here.  :)

30136517015_c5a220d87c_b.jpg

AK is cool.Sad thing is - only elite SF groups can use this,like Alpha.And we don't have their uniforms yet...
Izlom can be used,but it's still not even close to this.
maxresdefault.jpg

Rails? Never heard of them.

C6MEiX9.jpg

nxQ6Dzt.jpg

• Like 13

KEEP THAT SHIT OFF MY MOSIN!  :angry:  (chuckles)

• Like 4

found todat that Shilka always survie after direct  hit by nuclear warhead missile (Tochka U)

if I see nuclear explosion  I will always look for Shilka  to survive in it ;)

AK is cool.Sad thing is - only elite SF groups can use this,like Alpha.

The rifle in the picture represents the AK-74M3/MR Universal Upgrade Kit (modelled for RHS by PuFu) which has been issued to a some non-SF units since last year.

Part of Russia's soldier modernisation program along with the newer AK-12 (which RHS haven't modelled yet) so should be fine for equipping Russian units in modern scenarios

Some nice photos of the upgraded AK-74 in use here (along with a few AK-12s being tested): http://imgur.com/a/xuc0z

The other new AK variants that Soul Assassin has made with Zenitco furniture, will fit SF and Recon scenarios very well though.

The Russian military looks badass. I love that camo pattern they use.

Wow..they just dont give up. RHS has even said they will be releasing the next version on Steam-which I imagine will be quite soon-and still people pull crap like that.

Sadly, always has happened, and always will :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I noticed something, might be a glitch.

Driver in M1 Abrams seems very vulnerable, to even 40mm grenades.

Several times my driver was killed by HE weapons, sometimes even didn't hit the hull.

I noticed something, might be a glitch.

Driver in M1 Abrams seems very vulnerable, to even 40mm grenades.

Several times my driver was killed by HE weapons, sometimes even didn't hit the hull.

Are you using ÐСЕ3 with RHS?

The rifle in the picture represents the AK-74M3/MR Universal Upgrade Kit (modelled for RHS by PuFu) which has been issued to a some non-SF units since last year.

Part of Russia's soldier modernisation program along with the newer AK-12 (which RHS haven't modelled yet) so should be fine for equipping Russian units in modern scenarios

Some nice photos of the upgraded AK-74 in use here (along with a few AK-12s being tested): http://imgur.com/a/xuc0z

The other new AK variants that Soul Assassin has made with Zenitco furniture, will fit SF and Recon scenarios very well though.

Much like possible near future for choosen ones,so I personnaly still not see application of this in current scenarios.Anyway... good job.

As for AK-12... since last AK presentation,I doubt it's will be adopted.They wasn't shown.There was just modernized variants like on photo.

Much like possible near future for choosen ones,so I personnaly still not see application of this in current scenarios.Anyway... good job.

As for AK-12... since last AK presentation,I doubt it's will be adopted.They wasn't shown.There was just modernized variants like on photo.

That shorty AK is actually what they call "AK-12" now. Yes, the "awesome-g36-ambi-controls-clone" AK-12 was scrapped. Sad but what the hell. Pretty much russian OICW/XM8/ACR...

Wow..they just dont give up. RHS has even said they will be releasing the next version on Steam-which I imagine will be quite soon-and still people pull crap like that.

don't sweat it, i DMCA around 1 upload per week. Usually after an update, for about 2-3 weeks, i take down around 3-6 a week. It happens less and less these days since  we shared our views and plans for Steam Workshop on all our social media, but it still happens despite all that. 

http://kalashnikov.com/press/news/news_228.html

There are reasons why we choose not to spend time modelling prototypes...

• Like 6

Well, they are for ODAs. Pretty much every recent photo of 14,5" M4 is with FSP rail. But that's about it, Raiders and Rangers use full DDs.

I'll double check for you but if I recall correctly they aren't.

**Turns out they've been standard issue for a few years now. Not sure what I was thinking of. I'll look into adding them when we get around to gbs and more army sf stuff.

• Like 10

Nothing new gents I just thought this was a pretty badass picture I took while messing around in the editor.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Well maybe something to piggy back off of il_padrino's post

47C7328048182DBC39601069F2D80BB61D26194D

• Like 14

@wilco-You're killing me man. When you showed those first pics of new stuff a couple of weeks ago I thought we were getting an update then.Now I find myself compulsively checking this thread every couple of hours. And I doubt I am the only one hehehe.I really have never seen the kind of quality that RHS puts out from any other mod-or a lot of AAA games either. :)

• Like 12

Is there any documentation on how the foregrip changing is done through the bipod slot? Is it something that can easily be incorporated into other weapon addons? It's such a nice feature, it's a shame more weapon mods aren't using it.

• Like 4

Is there any documentation on how the foregrip changing is done through the bipod slot? Is it something that can easily be incorporated into other weapon addons? It's such a nice feature, it's a shame more weapon mods aren't using it.

I'm sure we can help those addon makers out if they want to incorporate it.  Not sure if we have had anyone ask yet.

Nothing new gents I just thought this was a pretty badass picture I took while messing around in the editor.

like a real photo. 100 % quality

c16ae3046ca5.jpg

• Like 2

@wilco-You're killing me man. When you showed those first pics of new stuff a couple of weeks ago I thought we were getting an update then.Now I find myself compulsively checking this thread every couple of hours. And I doubt I am the only one hehehe.I really have never seen the kind of quality that RHS puts out from any other mod-or a lot of AAA games either. :)

Oh, man. Far from the only one. And it's just pages and pages of people who saw an operator with a tattoo that said "Jessica" so now they want RHS to make that because "all Delta Ranger Special SEAL Team 0.5 Alpha has that". Or a version of something, but held togeather with phillips screws, because their uncles unit did that.

• Like 2

Current version is not very 3rd party addons friendly but fear no more - I reworked scripts to accommodate system for more dev-friendly system (so AFRF AKs could mount different grips too) and it will be available, together with some documentation, for 0.4.2 release.

Anyway, to tease you all a little bit more, here are some screens from different WIP works I did ;)

viv.jpg

BIS ViV for flatbed trucks

interior.jpg

Interior lights for vehicles - right now implemented for most of usaf vehicles (M2, M113, M1117, HMMWVs, HEMMTs, UH-1/60, CH-47/53), afrf is pending next

SPO-15 improvements

• Like 20