In reality (and with ACE3) sniper rifles aren't zeroed in meters, that's way too coarse a measurement for a precision rifle. Those aren't bullet drop compensation markers, they're range estimation assists. It's not an ACOG.

• Like 5

This isn't how the Horus or any other mildot based reticle is supposed to work.

Read this

https://www.leupold.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Horus-reticle-Man.pdf

Thanks a lot mate, it's clear now. I thought this was some custom-made optic and reticle. 

In reality (and with ACE3) sniper rifles aren't zeroed in meters, that's way too coarse a measurement for a precision rifle. Those aren't bullet drop compensation markers, they're range estimation assists. It's not an ACOG.

In reality, sniper rifles are normally zeroed at 100m distance and you do your adjustments from there regarding at what distance your target shows up. We're not talking about the spread of the group or dialing in the turrets for adjustments in MOAs or Mils. I know it's not an ACOG, but these markings below are the bullet drop compensators i.e. holdovers.

We're talking about combat zero, not initial zeroing. (Which Arma does automatically)

We're talking about combat zero, not initial zeroing. (Which Arma does automatically)

Whatever, I cannot draw it for you here since you dont get it. :rolleyes:  

The markings in the reticle aren't for bullet drop, they're mil markings. If your splash is within the reticle you can use them for holdover, but they're there to measure distance and vertical drop. Depending on the round you use, the trajectory will change, meaning you have a different drop at different ranges. With a HORUS, the markings in the scope aren't for 100-meter marks, they're still mils.

This is a HORUS reticle which works off of holdover, but you're assuming the trajectory on your rifle is 1 mil dropped in elevation per 100 meters, which isn't accurate - using ACE3's range card or the ballistics calculator, you can find the actual amount of mils that you'd need to holdover. I'm guessing it will be around 3.5-4 mils at 500m, which will validate your shot. You just have to go off of what the rangecard says, so if at 900m it says you have 11 mils of drop, than instead of adjusting the sight you'd just put the target on the 11 mark. I hoped this helped, but we should probably get back on topic.

TL;DR: The mil markings won't line up with 100m increments due to different calibers having different trajectories.

• Like 1

The markings in the reticle aren't for bullet drop, they're mil markings. If your splash is within the reticle you can use them for holdover, but they're there to measure distance and vertical drop. Depending on the round you use, the trajectory will change, meaning you have a different drop at different ranges. With a HORUS, the markings in the scope aren't for 100-meter marks, they're still mils.

This is a HORUS reticle which works off of holdover, but you're assuming the trajectory on your rifle is 1 mil dropped in elevation per 100 meters, which isn't accurate - using ACE3's range card or the ballistics calculator, you can find the actual amount of mils that you'd need to holdover. I'm guessing it will be around 3.5-4 mils at 500m, which will validate your shot. You just have to go off of what the rangecard says, so if at 900m it says you have 11 mils of drop, than instead of adjusting the sight you'd just put the target on the 11 mark. I hoped this helped, but we should probably get back on topic.

TL;DR: The mil markings won't line up with 100m increments due to different calibers having different trajectories.

Like I said, I didnt know this was based on a real optics, I thought this was custom made scope. I'll have to make my own range-card since I dont use ACE3 with Ravage mod (due to issues with saving and healing system). It's all clear now mate, that link you gave was sufficient. I'll just have to do my own range card and bullet drop values to use this Horus grid. Cheers.

That's an ACTUAL AK-74 brake muzzle flash! FINALLY!  ;)

C4 wouldn't destroy a tank m8

With a max of 15mm of armour, ZSU isn't precisely a tank.

A C4 charge should disable it completely.

• Like 2

Maybe something nice  see being put in the mod a M4a1 with the Daniel Defense RIS II FSP rail ?

Here is a clip where army SF are using it you see it at 0:19

From what I remember, the next version is going to be on Steam. But yeah, keep an eye on this. Someone may comply with OP's request and illegally upload the current RHS version to Steam.

• Like 2

Maybe something nice  see being put in the mod a M4a1 with the Daniel Defense RIS II FSP rail ?

Already in, look for M4 Block II.

• Like 1

Already in, look for M4 Block II.

I think he's talking about the ones converted from standard M4A1s that still have the conventional gas block front sight.

DDs FSPs are not popular among SF so no.

• Like 2

Well, they are for ODAs. Pretty much every recent photo of 14,5" M4 is with FSP rail. But that's about it, Raiders and Rangers use full DDs.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's somewhere on the list along with every single item on the US and Russian armed forces inventory.

• Like 3

hi guys i just heard that your team has developed custom artillery (105mm/ 155mm guns and mortars)

i have been trying for literally YEARS to make my custom arty in unsung mod work properly.

I have cloned them completely from BI stuff, ammo, mags, weapons, vehicles... just replaced my model with theirs, and it just fails.

would it be possible for your arty configger please to let me know who he is so i can ask him a few questions?

i would be eternally grateful for some help with this, we have been stumped for over 2 years now...

cheers

EB and the Unsung team.

• Like 2

I'll just leave this here. :)

30136517015_c5a220d87c_b.jpg

Awesome pic, like that you guys brought back the mag holding style. Thank you.

What kind of optics do Ground Forces Spetsnaz use? I've seen pictures of Spetsnaz using everything from iron sights, to Eotechs and RCO's, but I'm sure they were of FSB units.

Can you make option in RHS options to disable zoom on RHS scopes, because 1x red dot or holographic sights with additional zoom becomes 3x scopes.