Will the top roll cage fold like IRL, so it fits in CH-47's and C/MV-22's?

Like this: http://www.rzrforums.net/gallery/data/530/mrzr4_collapsed_roll_cage.jpg

And is the 2-seater version planned, the MRZR 2?

Yes to both. Also if you guys could stop asking questions like this about the MRZR that would be great. In most cases the answer will be yes to the question.
  • Like 1

I really like the ProTec Helmet, but i cant really think of a good use for them. Which US Units are using them currently? (I know that SOF Units used them in the 90s)

Marsoc has been using them for training. Many SF units use them or bump helmets during training or for schools.

• Like 2

RHS have some very interesting priorities then, instead of a core US ARMY vehicle we get an SF car.

You're welcome to make it.

• Like 3

Warden had ready access to a completed high-poly model of the MRZR for baking normal maps etc. whereas a new LAV or Stryker need new high-poly models building from scratch before we can even begin to work on the game model.

Having more than half the work done before we start, does indeed help to change how quickly something is integrated in to the mod.

Feel free to spend a few weeks modelling a Stryker yourself if you still need more insight

I really love this purchasing HP then making LP workflow and think it's a very good use of time and resources. I am 100% open to doing the LP work if someone would like to donate the funding for the HP model. Otherwise vehicles take a lot of time to make especially complex ones.

• Like 1

Obviously you guys are still working on the MRZR, but it would be nice if it had jerry cans and other stuff tacked on to it, if it isn't a huge hassle. It's not a necessity, but it looks weird to see vehicles like the Apex Prowler and other LSV-ish vehicles completely bare, as IRL you'd strap everything you'd need to the sides like packs and water/fuel, food and ammo. I love the progress so far, you guys are the best!

Yeah the MRZR is my new baby and it will get all the care it needs in the coming updates. This next update will more than likely only include the bare version of it with some camos as i haven't had the time to model up the weapons and extras.

• Like 8

why so many hype around this desert buggy?

Any fire with a machine gun or a grenade exploded near will destroy all crew in seconds.

huge minus in comparison with the advantage of mobility

there are also a lot of armored cars but with good protection and mobilty mix

ea3e4da3fdb5.jpg

SF have been using smaller atvs similar to this for years and years, I think they know what they are doing.

• Like 2

Yeah the MRZR is my new baby and it will get all the care it needs in the coming updates. This next update will more than likely only include the bare version of it with some camos as i haven't had the time to model up the weapons and extras.

Warden you're the best!!!!

• Like 1

Man, RHS is really kicking into beast-mode content wise recently!

SF have been using smaller atvs similar to this for years and years, I think they know what they are doing.

Also that specific MRAP he linked is in game already,

Zil punisher, aka ifrit.

• Like 2

I really love this purchasing HP then making LP workflow and think it's a very good use of time and resources. I am 100% open to doing the LP work if someone would like to donate the funding for the HP model. Otherwise vehicles take a lot of time to make especially complex ones.

How much funding are we talking?

How much funding are we talking?

Just glancing at LAV and Stryker models on TurboSquid, a decent HP model is somewhere between $150-250.

• Like 2

I was kinda thinking more in the SOCOM category, that or stuff for Greenfor SOCOM would plausibly shoot at. Blufor APC's and IFV's aren't really my scene, don't mind giving money to Arma 3 modding causes, but I have to be able to rationalize it to myself somehow 

I was kinda thinking more in the SOCOM category, that or stuff for Greenfor SOCOM would plausibly shoot at. Blufor APC's and IFV's aren't really my scene, don't mind giving money to Arma 3 modding causes, but I have to be able to rationalize it to myself somehow

You can search for stuff on turbosquid or something like that and shoot me a PM and I will see if it's an accurate model and something that could be used.

Hey now, the Stryker is in the SOF category - as is the Pandur, and Pandur II (oh hi Gorgon).  Gorgon would just need a new skin and different armament options.

I was wondering if there was a way to destroy the Russian armored vehicles with demolitions such as demolition charge assembly or the m112 demolition blocks?  When I try to do so now, all the demolitions do the the Russian armor is disable their tracks -- no hull, turret, or engine damage.  

I'm just curious as I have a mission where a ground team needs to take out some ZSU-23-4V's, and after some experimentation of placing up to SIX demolition charge assemblies (the largest charges) on all sides (even underneath) of the ZSU, the only damage that occurs is two disabled tracks.

Any help/input would be appreciated.

I was wondering if there was a way to destroy the Russian armored vehicles with demolitions such as demolition charge assembly or the m112 demolition blocks?  When I try to do so now, all the demolitions do the the Russian armor is disable their tracks -- no hull, turret, or engine damage.  

I'm just curious as I have a mission where a ground team needs to take out some ZSU-23-4V's, and after some experimentation of placing up to SIX demolition charge assemblies (the largest charges) on all sides (even underneath) of the ZSU, the only damage that occurs is two disabled tracks.

Any help/input would be appreciated.

Okay, quick update.  Six demolition charge assemblies at once will turn both tracks, the hull, and engine red, but the ZSU still fails to cook-off and eventually blow up.

By the way:

I really love the mud splatter on this MRZRS -it looks fantastic. Will that be on all of them, or are you doing a clean version too?

Moderator quote with Screenshot inside :627:

I know I know-I could not remember the name of the vehicle, so i used the picture to show what i meant ;) I will remove it in a few minutes.

I know I know-I could not remember the name of the vehicle, so i used the picture to show what i meant ;) I will remove it in a few minutes.

Shhh its 

MRZRS
  • Like 1

Shhh its 

MRZRS

Thanks-okay now I can edit my post ;)

Okay, quick update.  Six demolition charge assemblies at once will turn both tracks, the hull, and engine red, but the ZSU still fails to cook-off and eventually blow up.

C4 wouldn't destroy a tank m8

Just as a confirmation question, if i would buy a model from for instance TurboSquid, and it is under "Editorial Use Only" that means it isn't allowed to be put in a game right? (Sorry for the somewhat stupid question, but i got confused on the TurboSquid license page).

As i saw this super sexy model which i was/am thinking of buying if it can be put ingame: http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/military-vehicle-polaris-3d-max/943323