A lot of AK series make me confused. I don't even recognize which one is AK74 or 74M or AK400...etc. 

sorry for off-topic

• Like 1

The AK-74 derivatives have a barrel-mounted front sight post and center U notch rear sight. the AK-400 has a gas tube-mounted front sight and a dust cover-mounted shielded aperture rear sight similar to the AK-12 but with a traditional AK selector and some strange recoil-reducing black magic. Why the hell they still don't add a galil-style left side selector is beyond me

AK ALPHA

128a920b25b7.jpg

that is a render of a made up shit.

the reason for the tfb link was mainly due to the fact that you will find the mr upgrage in the next rhs update

• Like 3

Not exactly made up but it's for the US civilian market only, and not a render they strutted that shit around at SHOT show. Really though it's just an AK-74 with a fancy space gun body. Good ergonomic upgrades that I hope they carry onto future government rifles but right now it's the AK-74MR and either the AK-400 or A-545 depending on what field trials look like.

That AK reminds me of the XM8. A.k.a G36 is a silly plastic casing. :) The only nice thing it seems to have over a regular AK is the firemode selector, which is pretty inconvenient in the traditional layout. Military weapons don't need to look like SF movie props, though I am getting an ArmA3 vibe from that one...

Not exactly made up but it's for the US civilian market only, and not a render they strutted that shit around at SHOT show. Really though it's just an AK-74 with a fancy space gun body. Good ergonomic upgrades that I hope they carry onto future government rifles but right now it's the AK-74MR and either the AK-400 or A-545 depending on what field trials look like.

my bad, i was thinking about this one: http://i.imgur.com/z1soYSg.jpg

yeah seen this before, shitty looking thing if you ask me

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2016/01/19/ak-alpha-rifle-from-kalashnikov-usa/

Guys and girls of the RHS team, I just need to say thanks for your hard work. It really is amazing to me how well made your stuff is.

From the big clanking tanks down to the smallest detail. Right now I'm on the M2010 with the Mk.4 M5 and it's just amazing how well it all works.

Again guys, thanks.

• Like 4

Just to add to the whole "RHS needs AK12 in their life mod":

The whole trials thing really smells of SCAR/XM8/OICW with a side of vodka and zakuska  ;)

i.e. I won't be surprised if most of the already produced test-beds will end up at some RuGuard armories along all the AEKs and ANs while someone in gov. got himself some fancy house in Crimea.

So I think it's WAY too early to work on anything fancier then the 74M upgrade (that is also MOD approval pending) and the sexy ZenitCo stuff  :ph34r:

I dunno, with the whole Armata and PAK programs it seems that Russia is divesting itself of the old and going with new, unproven but potentially revolutionary improvements instead of upgrading the older platforms. Thus, I wouldn't count the A-545 being out solely based on the AK-400 AK-12 being the older, proven design. And given the Armata's engine troubles last Victory Day they don't seem to be afraid to adopt something that requires further improvements.

Again, it's whether or not the A-545 can deliver on being both a stupidly low recoil system while having the durability and reliability required and not costing an arm and a leg. The guys at Kovrov have had two decades to get the AEK into its current form and complexity doesn't necessarily mean unreliability, especially with a good mind or a lot of time (the C96 is very complex and the ones that still work are still quite reliable minimum 80 years later, and the durability is obviously there), and I wouldn't be surprised if they got the manufacturing costs down as well. Furthermore the ergonomics of the A-545 are outright superior with its ambidextrous selector and simple sliding stock compared to just putting a mock buffer tube on an AK and not even bothering with an ambi safety. I mean it passed closed trials so its obviously at least as good as the AK-74M and that was two years ago. Maybe Battlefield 4's reality of every Russian soldier with an AEK isn't as far fetched as it first seemed...

Furthermore if always is true then people would just be buying ARs and AK-100s instead of the more expensive HK416 and Galil ACE. And yet the number of ACE customer keeps growing the the French are reportedly going with the HK416. Not to mention he Norwegians and US Marines also adopting it not even counting the huge numbers of sales to Tactical Gunfighter Operators Tactically Operating Operationally in Tactical Gunfight Operations

The Ak-12 was advertised at the outset as being capable of using 7.62x39, 5.56x45, 5.45x39, 7.62x51, and 12 gauge. 5.45 was just its lead caliber since that's what the public and military was shooting, and nothing can get through Russian acceptance without having at least a variant that can shoot 7.62

Edited multiple times because I don't want to do multiple posts in a row :P

I don't think it's fair to compare Fighter Jet and MBT projects to small arms. Those projects tend to be where the money gets spent, because if war breaks out having an MBT or Fighter Jet that's maybe 10% "better" then the opposing side's MBT or Fighter Jet could actually decide the war. Whereas having a slightly better rifle then the enemy's rifle really isn't to win you a modern war, so that's where pennies tend to be pinched. I'm not a Russian arms manufacturer, I don't know if they've managed to simplify the A-545, but the fact is, they've had since the 90's to toy around with the fancy counterweight and reciprocating barrel system. And while it's obviously a system that works, no one has yet produced something that can be issued to the grunts. To me that indicates a cost issue, much like the HK416 in the West.

"Tactical Gunfighter Operators Tactically Operating Operationally in Tactical Gunfight Operations" are one of the few roles who get the expensive top-of-the-line weapons, because they're going into situations where that 5% or 10% advantage is actually going to significantly effect the success or failure of the mission. The only two countries using the HK416 as a general issue weapon are the Norwegians and, it is rumored, the French in the near future. In both cases, the countries involved are/where in situations where they where procuring a new rifle to completely replace a totally obsolete one. In that situation, you're going to be spending a large amount of money, no matter what you pick, you're buying a crap load of new rifles. So there's much more incentive to buy the best, because the national army is probably going to be stuck with it for 40 years. The vast majority of countries are only buying the HK for their top sneaky beaky Operator types. As for the Marines, it's a contract for less then 5000 rifles, for use in a very specific role, I don't class that as adopting it for general issue.           

So yeah, I have a distinct suspicion that fancy AK's with counterweights and all that malarky are for the Operator types, and the rank and file are going to get an AK-74 modernization, and there's nothing wrong with that. After all the Americans are doing the exact same thing with the M4A1. They looked at the SCAR-L, looked at the price tag, said "hell no" and focused on small improvements to the gun they already have. I don't see any of the big military powers investing heavily in new small arms until there's another great leap forward in ammunition technology.     

• Like 1

my bad, i was thinking about this one: http://i.imgur.com/z1soYSg.jpg

yeah seen this before, shitty looking thing if you ask me

http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2016/01/19/ak-alpha-rifle-from-kalashnikov-usa/

The ironic thing is that according to all the info that's come out in the last few days, the 7.62x39mm variant of the AK-12 will be called the AK-15

The more I look at this, the more I think that maybe CK (Kalashnikov Concern) just wants to sell guns and these are some of their concept work. Whether the "AK 400" design is the way the Russian Army is going or not seems to be immaterial to all the stuff that they've just showed off.

SVK Designated Marksman Rifle (SVD replacement? seems to be chambered for 7.62x51mm or 7.62x54R)

160906_svk1.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/07/breaking-kalashnikov-concern-introduces-new-svk-semiautomatic-designated-marksmans-rifle/

MA "Micro Assault Rifle (AKS-74U replacement?)

bKMy1.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/09/07/breaking-kalashnikov-concern-releases-new-micro-assault-rifle-replace-aks-74u-21st-century-krinkov/

MK 107? (seems to be a balanced recoil gun chambered in 5.56)

original.jpg?w=600&h

AK-15 (7.62x39mm AK-12 variant)

xrwBR.jpg

RPK-16 (I would imagine 5.45x39mm or 7.62x39mm for this one, apparently has a detachable barrel with different lengths available. If this is the case it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to think that it may be caliber convertible.)

1472719392.jpg

What I think is the most important thing to keep in mind for all of the above links, there is probably a good to decent chance that absolutely none of it (at least as it is presented here) sees any type of service in the Russian military, let alone goes into production.

While I don't doubt all of this stuff works / could be made to work, it strikes me as an attempt by the Kalashnikov Concern to say Look and us, we're hip, we're cool, we can do this modern cutting edge Call Of Duty stuff too. We're not your grandfather's design bureau that says "Nyet, rifle is fine." and makes the very same old guns we have for 60+ years.

Actually I'd put money on the first two going into service at least with ELITE RUSSIAN SPETZNAZ and probably Morskaya and VDV as well. The AK-105 isn't really compact enough for the PDW role and the aforementioned ELITE RUSSIAN SPETZNAZ have been buying foreign rifles like the 417 to replace the tired old SVDKs and SVUs they've been shooting the crap out of for 20 years

I don't think it's fair to compare Fighter Jet and MBT projects to small arms. Those projects tend to be where the money gets spent, because if war breaks out having an MBT or Fighter Jet that's maybe 10% "better" then the opposing side's MBT or Fighter Jet could actually decide the war. Whereas having a slightly better rifle then the enemy's rifle really isn't to win you a modern war, so that's where pennies tend to be pinched. I'm not a Russian arms manufacturer, I don't know if they've managed to simplify the A-545, but the fact is, they've had since the 90's to toy around with the fancy counterweight and reciprocating barrel system. And while it's obviously a system that works, no one has yet produced something that can be issued to the grunts. To me that indicates a cost issue, much like the HK416 in the West.

"Tactical Gunfighter Operators Tactically Operating Operationally in Tactical Gunfight Operations" are one of the few roles who get the expensive top-of-the-line weapons, because they're going into situations where that 5% or 10% advantage is actually going to significantly effect the success or failure of the mission. The only two countries using the HK416 as a general issue weapon are the Norwegians and, it is rumored, the French in the near future. In both cases, the countries involved are/where in situations where they where procuring a new rifle to completely replace a totally obsolete one. In that situation, you're going to be spending a large amount of money, no matter what you pick, you're buying a crap load of new rifles. So there's much more incentive to buy the best, because the national army is probably going to be stuck with it for 40 years. The vast majority of countries are only buying the HK for their top sneaky beaky Operator types. As for the Marines, it's a contract for less then 5000 rifles, for use in a very specific role, I don't class that as adopting it for general issue.

So yeah, I have a distinct suspicion that fancy AK's with counterweights and all that malarky are for the Operator types, and the rank and file are going to get an AK-74 modernization, and there's nothing wrong with that. After all the Americans are doing the exact same thing with the M4A1. They looked at the SCAR-L, looked at the price tag, said "hell no" and focused on small improvements to the gun they already have. I don't see any of the big military powers investing heavily in new small arms until there's another great leap forward in ammunition technology.

Fair? Not necessarily. An indication of the direction the service is going? Absolutely, and I stand by my comparison since it also holds true with other countries. The US invested a bunch of money into a new small arm, problems (in this case political) arose, and it was canned and the service decided to just give soldiers A1s. FCS and GCV? Lots of money, problems arose, canned, and the army focuses on improving their existing platforms. It's also no coincidence that the French and Norwegians were/are also replacing nearly everything else with the new hotness as well and almost none of it has yet seen a day of grunt work. And if the A-545 is in serious contention for actually becoming GI, then it has to have something the AK-12 and Ak-400 doesn't ands they have got to be offering a good deal to stay in contention beyond range trials. Either Russia is setting a high upper price limit or the Kovrov product is what it supposed to be and for the right price.

As for the US Marines HK buy, I would not classify squad automatic weapon as a limited role, its kind of a really fucking essential role, and they bought the number they bought because that's how many they needed to replace the number of 249s they wanted. And don't forget the AK-400 also has some crazy recoil-reducing black magic as well, Larry was shooting a 7.62x39 model in the video and that sucker didn't budge while the AK-12 showed obvious movement.

And I would not classify the AEK's recoil reducing system to be a marginal advantage when the recoil is low enough that... well we being westerners don't actually know but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get all the ammo on paper in full auto at 100 meters without a Tactical Operator or National Match winner at the controls given what we've seen

OKay folks-the last 10 or 15 posts have had nothing to do with RHS. If people want to discuss the finer points of AK variants, can someone open a thread for it?Other wise, let's get back on topic here.

• Like 2

Hey pufu started it XD

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't think that discussion of real weapons (which RHS could model), started by an RHS team member, could really be said to be unrelated to RHS. :) Discussing what the Russians are going to adopt next is definitely important to RHS, as are minutiae of the weapon specifics.

Intep is right though, it's sufficiently off topic it need not be explored further. War lord and I have made our points and a debate can happen elsewhere if both of us want to continue

• Like 1

has anyone figured out a way to detonate the nuke fired by the 9m79b via script / trigger onAct command?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gav

Edit > Rizon02 on /r/Armadev on reddit suggested this

if (isServer) then {[getMarkerPos "marker", (getNumber (configFile >> "cfgAmmo" >> "RHS_9M79B" >> "yield"))] call rhs_fnc_ss21_nuke;};

to be honest i posted that link mainly because there have been lots of ak-12 requests. Not to sound like an ass here, but no matter of the discussion happening here, it's up to individual modellers what they'll do next in terms of equipment and weapons. There is really no reason to discuss shit that ru army might adopt or not, especially since most people who actually plan or have already modelled these are up to date to what is happening, and might actually have direct sources in the specific military structures.

i was trying to make a single point: there is a reason we do not spend time modelling stuff that have not been adopted in the military, no matter what "credible sources" might be saying on the interwebz...

• Like 4

has anyone figured out a way to detonate the nuke fired by the 9m79b via script / trigger onAct command?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gav

Edit > Rizon02 on /r/Armadev on reddit suggested this

if (isServer) then {[getMarkerPos "marker", (getNumber (configFile >> "cfgAmmo" >> "RHS_9M79B" >> "yield"))] call rhs_fnc_ss21_nuke;};

I asked the same question few post back... the solution suggested was very simple indeed: place the missile launcher on map;use special waypoint "prepare 9M79B" or something like that...right where the truck is;then the "fire " waypoint wherever you want the nuke to detonate. Synk it with a trigger and you're done! Hope it help!

• Like 1

ITS CREDIBUL BECUZ I WANT IT TO WIN GUYZ U JUS HAF 2 BELEV ME

ITS CREDIBUL BECUZ I WANT IT TO WIN GUYZ U JUS HAF 2 BELEV ME

Ok, you have convinced us. AK12 for next release confirmed

• Like 5

And if you're doing the AK-12 then do the A-545 as well because my CREDIBUL sources say that that's also going to win XD

Is the next version of RHS still planning to go up on Steam Workshop?

My clan is dead set in keeping mod management within Workshop yet I want them to switch to RHS.

Is the next version of RHS still planning to go up on Steam Workshop?

yes

• Like 1