What's the idea behind the Army's UAV operator? He seems to have a backpack with no capacity, which I presume was supposed to hold the RQ-11 Raven UAV. The problem is, he doesn't have any action to deploy it. I tried both with the Raven mod and without.

What's the idea behind the Army's UAV operator? He seems to have a backpack with no capacity, which I presume was supposed to hold the RQ-11 Raven UAV. The problem is, he doesn't have any action to deploy it. I tried both with the Raven mod and without.

The backpack actually carries the Raven UAV.

To assemble it, you have to drag the backpack from the inventory to the ground, and once there select the menu option "assemble UAV".

You wouldn't be able to assemble it while it's hanging on your back :)

cjtJch6.jpg

• Like 1

OK, turns out it does work. I expected it to behave more like the Darter (especially seeing that Pchela uses the BIS UAV system). However, I do have a few complaints:

1. DTV mode is way too bright. Looks like a problem with HDR.

2. Keybind hints should be on by default. I had to randomly press various keys in order to figure out what does what.

3. GCS would probably work better as an inventory item. Right now, you have to put it on the ground and interact with it, but it's clearly small enough that it should be possible to use it after picking it up.

An unrelated issue: SALH missiles on AH-6M-H don't behave very well. It seems that it needs to "lock" onto the laser designator (which seems to not always be reliable) in order to guide. This also takes some time, which it shouldn't. Would that be possible to make it work more like in ArmA2 (missiles just needed to be launched in the general direction of the laser and they'd guide by themselves)? Or at the very least, reduce the lock time to zero.

• Like 1

OK, turns out it does work. I expected it to behave more like the Darter (especially seeing that Pchela uses the BIS UAV system). However, I do have a few complaints:

1. DTV mode is way too bright. Looks like a problem with HDR.

2. Keybind hints should be on by default. I had to randomly press various keys in order to figure out what does what.

3. GCS would probably work better as an inventory item. Right now, you have to put it on the ground and interact with it, but it's clearly small enough that it should be possible to use it after picking it up.

An unrelated issue: SALH missiles on AH-6M-H don't behave very well. It seems that it needs to "lock" onto the laser designator (which seems to not always be reliable) in order to guide. This also takes some time, which it shouldn't. Would that be possible to make it work more like in ArmA2 (missiles just needed to be launched in the general direction of the laser and they'd guide by themselves)? Or at the very least, reduce the lock time to zero.

Come on, it's not that hard.

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php

• Like 3

RHS doesn't have the original BDU, I think. What it does have is Crye G3 uniform in, among others, M81 Woodland camo.

You mean the FROG M81? That was a fictional placeholder for the M81 pattern G3's MARSOC wears.

• Like 2

why I end up with such thing???? :(
Anybody has an idea?
All I did was writing following in init of that heli

this removemagazineturret ["rhs_mag_Hellfire_8", [0]];
this addmagazineturret ["rhs_mag_Hellfire_4", [0]];

I solved the issue

Is there a way to use the tripod (not bipod) with the 249 and 240? and have a increased accuracy improvement. 

Not that old :P. I thought about previous version m81 uniform from RHS MOD.

You are talking about the FROG uniform-it came in M81 and Desert marpat. It was removed and replaced with the Crye G3's as the FROG uniform does not really come in M81-it was just a placeholder until the G3's were ready.

• Like 2

I can't throw any RHS grenade (Smoke or frag...)

The only throwing stuff i can use with the USAF and AFRF units are the flares wich are coming from vanilla.

When i use the key to change the throwing weapon, i never goes to the grenades. I tried to move the grenades in the bag, vest, uniform...It doesn't change anything...

In vanilla i have no problems with grenades.

I can't throw any RHS grenade (Smoke or frag...)

The only throwing stuff i can use with the USAF and AFRF units are the flares wich are coming from vanilla.

When i use the key to change the throwing weapon, i never goes to the grenades. I tried to move the grenades in the bag, vest, uniform...It doesn't change anything...

In vanilla i have no problems with grenades.

mod conflict

• Like 1

Hi, sorry if it's had been asked before,but 470 pages are a little too much to read..

How do I make AI fire the nuke of the RHS_9M79B at a marker/object ?

Thank you.

I don't know if you can do it in command, but there are two waypoints in the "advanced" category. "Tochka-U - deploy" and "Tochka-U - fire". First one makes it deploy at the waypoint's location, mind that it has to be facing the intended target before starting to deploy. The second causes it to fire the missile (it needs to be deployed for that).

• Like 1

I don't know if you can do it in command, but there are two waypoints in the "advanced" category. "Tochka-U - deploy" and "Tochka-U - fire". First one makes it deploy at the waypoint's location, mind that it has to be facing the intended target before starting to deploy. The second causes it to fire the missile (it needs to be deployed for that).

Thank you..I'll try that!

EDIT: THAT was easy!!! Thank you man

hey Guys, sorry if it has been asked before but will it be possible in the future to load vehicles via the vanilla-System into others like the c130?

Yeah, I'd love that. Ideally, PTS-M would also support it, though there's not much point to that vehicle until BI finally fixes amphibious tracked vehicles. The problem with simply driving onto a vehicle is that AI is completely unable to grasp that concept.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that the RHS documentation lists BI as the principal author of many included models, most notably aircraft. I presume they're ported from ArmA2 and touched up by the RHS team. What's stopping other vehicles such as Osprey, Reaper and Seahawk from getting the same treatment? Is it just a matter of nobody getting around to porting them, or are there some other issues?

On an unrelated note, I noticed that the RHS documentation lists BI as the principal author of many included models, most notably aircraft. I presume they're ported from ArmA2 and touched up by the RHS team. What's stopping other vehicles such as Osprey, Reaper and Seahawk from getting the same treatment? Is it just a matter of nobody getting around to porting them, or are there some other issues?

Presumably manpower I guess, but I suspect most of the pre operation arrowhead stuff is quite dated at this point. Quality over quantity and all that.

A-10, Cobra and Venom are pre-OA models and they look pretty good. IIRC, Osprey was a bit blurry even in A2 (CUP one is ugly, I can tell you that much), but I never heard anything at all about Seahawk or Reaper. The latter in particular doesn't need a cockpit or anything like that, but it'd be a great addition to the US arsenal. The Raven UAV is nice, but rather awkward to use. It's also a bid odd not to have one of the most infamous US weapons represented. :)

A-10, Cobra and Venom are pre-OA models and they look pretty good. IIRC, Osprey was a bit blurry even in A2 (CUP one is ugly, I can tell you that much), but I never heard anything at all about Seahawk or Reaper. The latter in particular doesn't need a cockpit or anything like that, but it'd be a great addition to the US arsenal. The Raven UAV is nice, but rather awkward to use. It's also a bid odd not to have one of the most infamous US weapons represented. :)

I'll give you the venom, but all the other ones are arma 1 models and unfortunately it shows. The seahawk especially is awful. Just compare it to the uh-60m from OA.