It probably is, but I can't use it from either inside or outside. That's why I haven't specified whether I was turned in or not. It doesn't work either way. 

I notice this with a lot of addons, I get around it very easily by just using vanilla units and giving them custom loadouts it's more work but once you have it done you can save them as a composition in Eden, makes it really convenient for getting them again easily.

EDIT: This is assuming your using RHS units as your playable slots in the mission.. and BTW this only apply to playable unit's RHS units work fine as enemy and friendly AI

No I was using normal vanilla soldier..

Ace is simply not working with RHS at the moment although I add the additional PBOs ...

I dont think so. RHS is working on modern armories of USAF and AFRF

They've said that the M16A2 is a possibility in the distant future. They are, after all, still issued to some US Army second line units, as well as the Air Force and Navy. I imagine any addition of an A2 would also include the A3, since that would be a minor texture and config change and nothing more. The A1 is probably out of the question unless one of the team's modelers decides to make one for GREF at some point

• Like 1

They've said that the M16A2 is a possibility in the distant future. They are, after all, still issued to some US Army second line units, as well as the Air Force and Navy. I imagine any addition of an A2 would also include the A3, since that would be a minor texture and config change and nothing more. The A1 is probably out of the question unless one of the team's modelers decides to make one for GREF at some point

Are you sure? It would be awesome if that's the case but I thought they basically said that there were no plans to extent the m16 family beyond what is already in the mod. That said, that was before the whole GREF introduction. 

Are you sure? It would be awesome if that's the case but I thought they basically said that there were no plans to extent the m16 family beyond what is already in the mod. 

The addition of the M16A2 is something we would like to have in the mid-term. One of our devs is specially keen on getting it. So hopefully, in some months...  :)

• Like 9

Hey guys I may be alone on this but I'll ask anyway, would you guys consider changing the AH-6 heavy so that the hellfire and guided rockets can be used without the laser? I only ask because at the moment the only way I can get any use out of them in single player is to play as the gunner and hope the AI pilot doesn't go full retard. Or at least maybe make an additional AI friendly version so that all parties are happy?

• Like 2

The addition of the M16A2 is something we would like to have in the mid-term. One of our devs is specially keen on getting it. So hopefully, in some months...  :)

Fan-freaking-tastic.

I've had a soft spot (Or hard spot...) for the a2 since basic. I've begged my armorers to issue me one of the hand-full we had in the armory (Last unit, Active duty) that were for Operations people.

Also, up until relatively recently, the 25th CAB was almost exclusively M16a2s. They had them on their '12 - '13 deployment to Afghanistan as well.

Hello guys, I'm doing for a scenario a VDV platoon. I found some intel but not totaly sure due to poor info. I know how works MSV but absolutly not VDV. So why I'm using RHS mod to do that (better mod on arma 3 Of course, GG guys :) ), and you developped VDV settings, maybe you''ll can help me :)

This is what I found for a modern VDV platoon:

3x squad with one BMD each

Typical squad:

- Sergeant with one AK74M

- Efreitor/Junior Sergeant/Sergeant assistant with one AK74M

- Machinehunner with a PKP

- Machine gunner assistant with AK74M

- Rifleman with AK74M + GP25/GP30

- Rifleman with AK74M

- BMD gunner

- BMD driver

some of these guys can be equiped with a SVDS sniper rifle. Some guys can be equipped with RPG-26/RPG-16 rocket launcher, and it's possible to see more than one GP-25/30. Possible to see leaders with optics.

It looks like for example the RPG-7 is now a support weapon like ATGMs, MANPADs, because it is to heavy for its use.

But how works the platoon, how is working the platoon lead. Is it working like MSV platoon lead ( one platoon leader, one platoon leader assistant, one machine gunner, one machine gunner assistant, one sniper, all mounted in the BMP/BTR of their platoon) or the platoon lead is different?

Is the vehicle number and radio callsign of the VDV units working like MSV units? For example 111, 112, 113 for the first, second and third squads of the 1st company, 114,115,116 for the fourth, fiveth and sixth squads of the 1st company, 117,118,119 for the seventh, eighth, ninenth squads of the 1st company, so 110 is the name of the 1st company.

What is today the main used BMD, the BMD-2 or the BMD-2M ?

I know AK74M, SVDS, RPG-7D is carried by VDV when parachute dropped. But how it is for the machine gunner with PKP. Is the PKP carried by the paratrooper like AK74M, is the PKP dropped in the BMD, is the PKP dropped in a big bag before of after dropping from the plane, is the PKP carried by the paratrooper in a special bag attach to him wich is released ~10meters before touching ground ?

Thank you for reading, and all kind of answer :)

I don't know about the VDV, but in the US, we'd jump our backpacks, AT, MG's, everything.  I would imagine they'd jump their PKP's on their person.

Can you explain why the two shotguns in USAF do not have proper reload animations and sounds and why the hand does not pump the gun after each shot?

Awesome, they'll make a worthy addition to the GREF arsenal as well. Is the car 15 included in those mid-term plans as well? Would give us a full set to equip Delta Hawk's boys  :D

• Like 2

This is some amazing looking gear. Really can't wait for the next RHS release. :)

BTW, did anyone else notice a bug where you can't use the commander's MG on USMC Abramses? Army ones are fine, oddly enough (and none of the Russian tanks are affected, either). I'm on devbranch (last tested on friday's version, but it probably won't change with today's update). 

It was a bug we fixed, wait for next update.

I am waiting for it already. :) Anyway, I'll just use the Army tanks for now.

BTW, why does the T-90 use the NSVT machine gun? From what I know, they should use the Kord HMG, According to Wikipedia, Russia can't even produce the NSVT because the license ended up in Kazakhstan. T-80 and earlier tanks still use the NSVT, but it seems that T-90 was equipped with Kord since the 90s.

It was a great move from Zenitco. We are really grateful  :)

Yeah Thanks Red Pheonix for modeling the Zenitco stuff.

Yeah Thanks Red Pheonix for modeling the Zenitco stuff.

Other than the Perst 1K, I didn't model a thing of the new stuff.

Guys how to taxi f-22?  :))

It is not turning the curves fast enough..

Slow down.

Guys how to taxi f-22?  :))

It is not turning the curves fast enough..

• Like 2

I don't know about the VDV, but in the US, we'd jump our backpacks, AT, MG's, everything.  I would imagine they'd jump their PKP's on their person.

Here (Portugal) my dad used to jump with the M249 Para (if I'm not mistaken. it could be also the MG3, not sure what was the standard squad weapon at that time), G3's and all the other stuff and most of the equipment on an separate bag that was attached to to him a few meters lower. So it depends on the Army after all

Here (Portugal) my dad used to jump with the M249 Para (if I'm not mistaken. it could be also the MG3, not sure what was the standard squad weapon at that time), G3's and all the other stuff and most of the equipment on an separate bag that was attached to to him a few meters lower. So it depends on the Army after all

That's generally considered on your person - when you jump your kit, regardless of what it is, none of it is in your hands.  In the US, there are two systems, the M1950 weapons case and the CMWH, both of which allow you to jump the bulk of 'infantry' weapons on your person.  The M1950 is lowered with your ruck, which is generally where you will have your chest armor, plus any other equipment you are carrying for the Airborne operation.  

When I served in the Italian Paratroopers, (83>84 :P ) we used to jump with our individual weapon attached on the side of the "emergency chute-tactical backpack combo"....lucianoceroni01g.jpg

Squad weapon (MG3) was attached to the Autorifleman with a soft container that was lowered before landing.

lancio-con-contenitore-A.jpg

So was the big container with ammo and supply for the whole squad....

tassignano-marzo-1981-5-lancio-contenito

ps: Exiting a C130 ON THE SIDE DOORS with that big motherflucker tied to your leg was not a joke...I never see anyone getting the proper posture after exiting..hahahahah....

ps:PS: I know...LOOOLLLL at 80's gear..but that was what army gived you...hahahahha

• Like 10

Other than the Perst 1K, I didn't model a thing of the new stuff.

Slow down.

Then who is the mysterious modeler we can thank?

I think I found another bug. Some Russian vehicles (T-80 and BMD-4, so far, in all variants) don't have the "Sand" texture variant, instead getting 5 or so single-color (as in, just a flat color) textures. I dunno if that's a known issue.

BTW, are we going to get more "Desert Russian" gear in the next release? Just plain yellow would work, someone posted a pic with a helmet and vest in that color. I'm trying to plan a few missions specifically for RHS (as in, using nothing but RHS and a suitable terrain mod), but I either have no idea for a story (for the woodland assets) or lack a suitable OPFOR faction. Ideally, GREF would get some ISIS or even just a generic ME terrorist faction, but I think I could work with Russia vs. US, provided the Russians got proper desert equipment.

EDIT: Ok, one more thing. What's with the ERA on the T-72B obr. 1985? It seems to take on Hellfires and Javelins without as much as a scratch on the tank itself. Mind you, that stuff kills every other T-72B (including the 2012 version). The '85 version does feature prominent Kontakt 1 ERA, but I thought that the other tanks also had ERA installed (and more effective one to boot, they'd be using Kontakt 5 or Relikt in 2012). Even the T-80A, which seems to have the same kind of ERA, can't shrug off a Javelin.

• Like 1

Can you explain why the two shotguns in USAF do not have proper reload animations and sounds and why the hand does not pump the gun after each shot?

They're implemented.  Are you updated to the most current release and what other mods are you running?

I think I found another bug. Some Russian vehicles (T-80 and BMD-4, so far, in all variants) don't have the "Sand" texture variant, instead getting 5 or so single-color (as in, just a flat color) textures. I dunno if that's a known issue.

BTW, are we going to get more "Desert Russian" gear in the next release? Just plain yellow would work, someone posted a pic with a helmet and vest in that color. I'm trying to plan a few missions specifically for RHS (as in, using nothing but RHS and a suitable terrain mod), but I either have no idea for a story (for the woodland assets) or lack a suitable OPFOR faction. Ideally, GREF would get some ISIS or even just a generic ME terrorist faction, but I think I could work with Russia vs. US, provided the Russians got proper desert equipment.

EDIT: Ok, one more thing. What's with the ERA on the T-72B obr. 1985? It seems to take on Hellfires and Javelins without as much as a scratch on the tank itself. Mind you, that stuff kills every other T-72B (including the 2012 version). The '85 version does feature prominent Kontakt 1 ERA, but I thought that the other tanks also had ERA installed (and more effective one to boot, they'd be using Kontakt 5 or Relikt in 2012). Even the T-80A, which seems to have the same kind of ERA, can't shrug off a Javelin.

When I will have time I will investigate ERA problems on T-72B.