Anyone experience a bug with launchers where your arms are stretched to the ground while aiming a shoulder launched weapon?

Searched the forum and googled a bit, maybe I was using the wrong terms.

I've created a multiplayer mission but any player that equips a launcher (RPG, Javelin etc) has their arms elongated and runs around looking like a silly tripod.  AI don't have the same issue and if I remote control an AI unit it doesn't happen, only when a player slot does it. MIssion is running on a dedicated box.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be great.

Edit: Have discovered it depends on the uniform worn. About 15 uniforms cause this, others work fine.  Any ideas?

Anyone experience a bug with launchers where your arms are stretched to the ground while aiming a shoulder launched weapon?

Yes, it happens with a particular Russian uniform model and the retexture variants of that model file. It has been fixed internally and will be part of 4.2.0

And thanks to all for the nice comments about the DTK-2 brake.

I think dcBoolManager (Maya plugin), zBrush and nDo/dDo probably deserve more credit for it than I do really, given the workflow I used. But I'm glad it turned out well. :D

• Like 2

What is it attached to da12thMonkey? I'm assuming one form of AK or another. Can we see a full weapon pic?  :D

• Like 1

It's an AK-104 or AK-105. I didn't take the screenies - they're from Wilco (I could only dream of having Arma display at 3840×2160)

But the brake currently attaches to pretty much all our current and upcoming AK-74, AK-103, AK-104, AK-105 and AKS-74U variants, in the muzzle slot

You're better off appealing to Wilco and Soul_Assassin's generosity if the other picture he took of that particular rifle, gets posted

• Like 1

I'm blown away by the speed at which yall got that zenitco stuff together.  I was happy to see that yall were able to get great references from them.  Cant wait to check it out!

What is it attached to da12thMonkey? I'm assuming one form of AK or another. Can we see a full weapon pic?  :D

Check out their facebook page.  They some full screens of the zenitco stuff on a 74M

It's an AK-104 or AK-105. I didn't take the screenies - they're from Wilco (I could only dream of having Arma display at 3840×2160)

But the brake currently attaches to pretty much all our current and upcoming AK-74, AK-103, AK-104, AK-105 and AKS-74U variants, in the muzzle slot

You're better off appealing to Wilco and Soul_Assassin's generosity if the other picture he took of that particular rifle, gets posted

Well I beseech either to post a pic of the full rifle. The 105 is imho the best looking stock AK on the market. Well the best are the modified ones that Alfa uses with the Zenit rail, AR stock and whatnot.

And yeah 3p0x1, saw that AK pic awhile ago. Very nice work indeed. This is on a 105 though and I want to see a pic of that. :D

I actually haven't even played this mod yet. I have limited bandwidth and am kinda waiting on the next release. I hope it's not too far off. I wish I knew if it was coming sooner or later as my bandwidth resets every month, I'm very eager to try it but again, if I have to download 5-6 gigs I really can only do it once a month. So right now patience must prevail I suppose.

I actually haven't even played this mod yet. I have limited bandwidth and am kinda waiting on the next release. I hope it's not too far off. I wish I knew if it was coming sooner or later as my bandwidth resets every month, I'm very eager to try it but again, if I have to download 5-6 gigs I really can only do it once a month. So right now patience must prevail I suppose.

Well with RHS you dont have to redownload the full mod each time it updates-they have an updater for that.Also the next version is coming to the Steam workshop so it will auto update there too. I really recommend getting it when you can-it is by far the finest quality  Arma mod in terms of asset quality and overall scope.

Oh I'm well aware of RHS's quality. That was evident even in the ArmA 2 days. The content for ArmA 3 is second to none arguably, so I very much want to try the triumvirate of mods that RHS has out currently.

I've got 20 gigs left for the next 20 nights, (that's out of 50gigs) so I'll mull it over and probably cave and get it sometime in the near future, unless I'm warned of an impending update. Then I'd just wait, obviously.

For now I'd settle for just one picture. :D

• Like 1

Sorry for the novice question but how do you reload the podnos mortar? None of the rounds (that I can see) in any of the RHS Russian ammo/weapons/gear boxes that I can tell are the proper shells.

I'm making my first ever RHS Russian (MSV) mission. Basically, I think it would be neat to place every box needed to equip and load all of the faction's weapons, vehicles, toys, etc on my bases so I can utilize all of your awesome assets. Does anyone know offhand aside from the Russian boxes, what else I'd need to be able to use (and re-load) all of the RHS stuff?

EDIT: And the RHS Russian boxes don't seem to contain ammo for the 2A18M (D-30A) AT or non-AT artillery either. What boxes do I need to use to be able to spawn and reload your assets?

Well I beseech either to post a pic of the full rifle. The 105 is imho the best looking stock AK on the market. Well the best are the modified ones that Alfa uses with the Zenit rail, AR stock and whatnot.

And yeah 3p0x1, saw that AK pic awhile ago. Very nice work indeed. This is on a 105 though and I want to see a pic of that. :D

You mean this guy?

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 25

Very happy to see this work being done. Excellent! Can't wait to play the campaign with RHS replacements.

Three thumbs up from me! Please keep us posted on your progress.

Although we haven't given any updates, this idea is not forgotten. In fact, El_Guiguitre and I have been working on this since I posted, and are planning on a first release (NATO only so far) this weekend...

• Like 2

Given the mounting position, I take it that this means that the Perst-3 will be mountable on the side rails of non-Russian weapons as well?

like so? http://i.imgur.com/cNAGxV9.jpg :)

or mayhaps you also wonder about us attachemnts on russian rails :) http://i.imgur.com/nySQUAM.jpg

• Like 5

They're not released yet

Thank you!! I'll be patiently waiting then!! :P

Suggestion

I think vehicles constantly exploding looks kinda silly in this game. I notice that when a vehicle gets  hit, a lot of times it just sparks and after a while it explodes. 

I think that sparking looks good and should be the "destroyed state" of the vehicle, unless hit by some catastrophic weapon or something. It just looks much more aesthetically pleasing and is not as jarring. Maybe have smoke or some kind of fire effect too. 

Suggestion

I think vehicles constantly exploding looks kinda silly in this game. I notice that when a vehicle gets  hit, a lot of times it just sparks and after a while it explodes. 

I think that sparking looks good and should be the "destroyed state" of the vehicle, unless hit by some catastrophic weapon or something. It just looks much more aesthetically pleasing and is not as jarring. Maybe have smoke or some kind of fire effect too. 

Sorry buddy, but you are kind of barking in the wrong tree, this is more within Bohemia itself and the vanilla game range of action

• Like 1

You mean this guy?

wilco, thank you so much. That is just a work of art right there. And, to boot, I have a new wallpaper.

Quick question though, are these customized AK's going to be in the next version of the mod or one thereafter?

what's the glitch with the M203 launcher? looks like someone just tossed an extension tube on the 203S and called it a day... but why?  :huh:

what's the glitch with the M203 launcher? looks like someone just tossed an extension tube on the 203S and called it a day... but why?  :huh:

oh yeah, didn't notice that when I viewed the pic. Does look a bit off don't it.

Sorry buddy, but you are kind of barking in the wrong tree, this is more within Bohemia itself and the vanilla game range of action

Not to mention that if you try to script the prevention of a vehicle from being "killed", then event handlers that deal with units dying will no longer work. This would cause a lot of extra work for mission makers.