I cant wait to get on that rear mounted gun on the Bear. Shooting down Jets from the rear of the Bear will be a fun thing to do 

Yup - also noticed the HK scale mostly because I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the models and punch bots with bullets from them constantly!  ;)

The buffer tube really stands out the most for me when compared with M4.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Speaking of the IAR, are you guys planning on adding the SDO + RMR?

AFAIK there's only the RCO as of now. And road runner, I agree, it's too big - but the lower in that picture looks fine, it's the handguard that looks too tall. The arma character has his hand lower down, not only having his finger on the trigger but also his palm seems lower. I haven't done an in game comparison, but I'm currently issued the M27 IRL so there's a few things I've noticed while playing arma :)

PS - I can take specific pictures of it for you guys if you want

SDO/RMR are in the works.  It's bothering me too trust me man.  We've got IAR's in our armory and I've taken a ton already so no worries for the pictures, thanks though!

Look at the distance between the pistol grip and the top of the upper receiver, the real picture scale wise it's about 3 fingers in width, but the model it looks more like 4-5 fingers.

There is no difference in the size of the lower or upper receivers as the working parts are identical in scale mate, there's many instances of taking the HK416 upper receiver and placing it on a standard M4/MK18 lower receiver.

personally I'd say reduce the scale by 10%/and/or use one of the MK18/M4's as the base and work the scale from those, and you'd be more accurate.

The HK isn't really a chunky weapon, the meat of it lies in the Gas and Piston operating system within the Upper receiver Hand guard/RIS system.

Like I said sir, it's a beautiful model, just needs to be down scaled a tad.

I see what you're saying man, thanks for the input!

• Like 1

Im gonna be that guy

ETA on workshop release ? :D :D

Didn't know RHS was going to release it on the workshop.

Im gonna be that guy

ETA on workshop release ? :D :D

4.2.0 is going to be on SW, the current 4.1.1 will not be on SW

• Like 2

Yeah i meant the next version

Please do not ask for updates  or release times. it is considered spam and violates forum rules.

• Like 1

Awesome news!

Whaaaat? thats amazing! Are you guys going to all three backs and continue to support them regularly?

Probably a little late to be asking this, but what happened to the Eastern Militia faction? It was great as a generic faction to put up against the Russians, and now GREF limits me to the woodland camo-sporting vanilla tactical vest-wearing Nationalist Militia, which is really subpar in comparison. Will the Eastern Militia make a return, or was there a plan to properly replace them or something?

• Like 2

You might not know this since you're new to the Forum, but posts like "how about adding this" and the like are very strongly frowned upon as they amount to little more then spam. I'm sure that if you made a high quality F/A-18C they'd happily add it to the mod, but calling on them to drop everything else they're doing on your behalf is unlikely to be a fruitful strategy.  

delete

Probably a little late to be asking this, but what happened to the Eastern Militia faction? It was great as a generic faction to put up against the Russians, and now GREF limits me to the woodland camo-sporting vanilla tactical vest-wearing Nationalist Militia, which is really subpar in comparison. Will the Eastern Militia make a return, or was there a plan to properly replace them or something?

Try out Project OPFOR, its a Mod that depends on RHS and adds lots of new smaller faction, if I'm not mistaken it has what you are looking for.

Could anyone tell me how I could go about reloading the static weapons? More specifically the Russian ATGMs. I have a weapons platoon that will carry them, but there seems to be no ammo to resupply them. I even tried creating a new tube and attaching it to the tripod and it still said 0 for ammo.

I assume I'll just need to have say 6 people carry 3x tubes and 3x tripods and I'll have 9 rounds?

I've heard some people say that RHS doesn't work well with vanilla weapons.

Something about armor values making vanilla weapons not so useful against RHS vests and vice versa. Is this true or are these just silly rumors? Can I safely use vanilla weapons with RHS? 

Thanks in advance. :)

... Can I safely use vanilla weapons with RHS? 

Try it in the editor/VR arsenal and find out.

I've had no trouble mixing loadouts in the latest RHS release so far...

• Like 2

I believe that in general, tank vs. tank combat is the most affected by that, since RHS uses a different, more realistic armor system. Other than that, I attacked RHS tanks with (vanilla-balanced) ATGMs from F/A-18, tried out RHS rifles on vanilla units and the other way around, RHS launchers on vanilla vehicles... all seem to work well enough.

You can always just use the Loadout Editor to change other GREF units to your liking. Personally I like the less convoluted faction approach, because lots of disorganized faction directories in the editor looks really, really bad, especially when RHS is used in conjunction with other mods.

Try out Project OPFOR, its a Mod that depends on RHS and adds lots of new smaller faction, if I'm not mistaken it has what you are looking for.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot!

You can always just use the Loadout Editor to change other GREF units to your liking. Personally I like the less convoluted faction approach, because lots of disorganized faction directories in the editor looks really, really bad, especially when RHS is used in conjunction with other mods.

Nah, I don't want to have to go through and manually edit all the units... done that before and it's just a hassle  :wacko:

I've heard some people say that RHS doesn't work well with vanilla weapons.

Something about armor values making vanilla weapons not so useful against RHS vests and vice versa. Is this true or are these just silly rumors? Can I safely use vanilla weapons with RHS? 

It's usually fine-i have not had any issues. Maybe once or twice an RHS launcher wont take out a vanilla tank properly or vice versa-but nothing I ever really noticed. And that was several months ago-vanilla and RHS have been updated a few times since.

Could anyone tell me how I could go about reloading the static weapons? More specifically the Russian ATGMs. I have a weapons platoon that will carry them, but there seems to be no ammo to resupply them. I even tried creating a new tube and attaching it to the tripod and it still said 0 for ammo.

I assume I'll just need to have say 6 people carry 3x tubes and 3x tripods and I'll have 9 rounds?

The ammo is in the tripod bag for all RHS static weapons. Just take extra tripod bags.

Even the Kornet, it does not make sense as the actual tube with missile is the ammo but the ammo is in the tripod that is visually a tripod.

Thats some nice detailing on that Break.

Shame the only people who will be able to read it wont live long enough to read it all  ;)

• Like 3

Awesome work by da12thMonkey

That is the kind of thing I point to when people ask me what is so great about Arma. This level of love and care is rarely applied to assets by developers, nevermind by modders. The RHS guys and gals are fantastic :)

• Like 5