You can have whatever opinion of them you want, personally I trust that these guys know what they're doing when they make certain decisions about what goes on their rifle and what doesn't, those decisions might have been anathema to the decisions Rangers made, but I'm not trying to argue for one or the other here. We're getting off the topic at hand, which is that I've seen plenty of images of the Elcan being used with the top mounted irons, just as often as I've seen them with red dots. Actually, you don't file anything off, there's screws for the irons, and screws for mounting the base for a red dot, you could mount both, or neither, and it would take no special modification. I mean, I could argue that the HK416 shouldn't be in the mod as-is, because the units that are using them have replaced most of the furniture with aftermarket parts, and they're all sporting camo paint jobs, but I appreciate the fact that the stock rifle is in the mod, even if I personally doubt anyone is still using it in the factory state. I guess my point is, appreciate that it's in there, instead of knocking it for not being in the configuration you feel is more correct.   

I mean, unequivocally if you're planning on doing a mission in an environment like Afghanistan or Iraq (which for our units is a night raid) and you leave the compound without backup irons because "you're only going to be out at night and a laser is just as good anyway" or "you're only going to be doing CQB during this raid" then yes, you are stupid.  DELTA, DEVGRU, 75thRR, you are stupid regardless of your parent organization.  I didn't take sunglass lenses because we'll be back before dawn, I didn't take food or water because it's a 10m TOF and we'll be back in no time, and I didn't wear rear plates because I'm not going to get shot in the back are other great examples of equivalent arguments to not taking backup irons.

Our Elcans didn't have the pip sight, so unless our armorers filed them off (wouldn't doubt it, I'd rather take the thing off and use irons if it went inop) then the only way to avoid using irons is to docop it - hence why people would do it.

so basically, you are doing the argumentation for a request, are you not?

i think everyone got the points both of you two are trying to make, can you please either give it a rest, or move on to sending PMs to one another?

Quick opinion guys. I'm not super knowledgable on real life gear or hypotheticals or whatnot.

I've been working on an anti-ISIS campaign on Diyala Iraq and originally had opted to use the US Army, with the ALiVE faction being rhs_faction_usarmy_d due to the desert patterns seeming to fit the environment.

I was debating on using the Russian Army instead. But I see for ALiVE at least, they are not broken down into groups based on camo for the Russians the way the Americans are (note: I'm aware the groups are config'd by the community to get your mod working with ALiVE. I'm not requesting anything from your dev team on this incase it sounds that way).

If I was to use rhs_faction_msv, keeping in mind I would need to use everything included in the group, would the green or additional colored camo variants be sort of out of place on a desert(ish) terrain? I've done some googling and the best I can find is some photos from Syria and then, the camo patterns don't seem consistent from shot to shot (and I can't even begin to guess if the photos accompanying the articles are even from Russian troops actually in Syria).

Just wondering if under the circumstances if it would look more accurate just to keep using the Americans considering someone already seperated them by patterns or would the green color and the mix of uniforms not be so terrible in an Iraq-like atmosphere?

Love the work guys.

Have you considered adding a Russian panama hat? It'd go great with the M88 informs and there's plenty of photo's and videos of these being commonly worn in Afghanistan.

A version with the brims pinned up would look particularly bad-ass.

• Like 1

Whats the purpose of Tu-95?What's it's gonna be like?

As far as I know modern Tu-95 are unable to carry bombs,only long-range missiles.

Just wondering if under the circumstances if it would look more accurate just to keep using the Americans considering someone already seperated them by patterns or would the green color and the mix of uniforms not be so terrible in an Iraq-like atmosphere?

Actually, RHS does have desert Russians. You do need to change the vehicle textures manually (and some, like BMD-4, don't have a desert skin) and swap out their crews, but there's a desert version of VDV infantry, at least. They still have green helmets and vests, but the pics I've seen indicate that this is indeed how they look right now (presumably, desert vests and helmet covers weren't issued yet):

DigitalDesertVDVFloraMOLLEcorners6S.jpg

For other forces, try the "Mountain Flora" camo. It's a kind of arid/desert-ish blot camo that doesn't look too out of place in the desert.

EDIT: Ok, it seems that only VDV has anything resembling a desert camo in RHS. Well, in that case, just use VDV. They're likely to be involved in Syria anyway and their equipment selection is quite comprehensive.

• Like 2

Whats the purpose of Tu-95?What's it's gonna be like?

As far as I know modern Tu-95 are unable to carry bombs,only long-range missiles.

To bomb the shit out of something. 

• Like 2

Just a small Question about the long term development plan of RHS.

Are any Ideas or Plans about developing some bigger Ships later for both US and RU Forces? I mean Ships like the "Arleigh Burke-Class". It would be nice to have some time in the Future the ability, to use the full potential of the maritim-section in Arma 3 with Ships, bigger then a RHIB.

Just a small Question about the long term development plan of RHS.

Are any Ideas or Plans about developing some bigger Ships later for both US and RU Forces? I mean Ships like the "Arleigh Burke-Class". It would be nice to have some time in the Future the ability, to use the full potential of the maritim-section in Arma 3 with Ships, bigger then a RHIB.

No.

• Like 2

Are there any plans to expand the selection of US uniforms? Older BDUs as well as modern kit well suited for Tanoa such as multicam tropic? I know cunico has a wide selection in the spec-4 pack, and some of the G3 uniforms have been added to RHS, but multicam tropic was left out. Even adding the rest of the spec-4 pack would be a huge upgrade in vest and uniform selection. There's so much Russian gear, covering multiple eras, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the US selection is lacking in comparison.

Thanks!

Are there any plans to expand the selection of US uniforms? Older BDUs as well as modern kit well suited for Tanoa such as multicam tropic? I know cunico has a wide selection in the spec-4 pack, and some of the G3 uniforms have been added to RHS, but multicam tropic was left out. Even adding the rest of the spec-4 pack would be a huge upgrade in vest and uniform selection. There's so much Russian gear, covering multiple eras, I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the US selection is lacking in comparison.

Thanks!

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/193589-war-plan-blue-wpb/

• Like 2

have you guys thought of adding the m203 forgrip? Would be nice :-p

M203grip-parts.JPG

• Like 1

have you guys thought of adding the m203 forgrip? Would be nice :-p

Just saying, but in my experience i never saw anyone use these. I dont recall ever seeing any unused ones either.

a. laxeman needs all the praise for the sounds. he did a birlliant job on them!

b. regarding AKSU, besides the fact that each artist has creative freedom to do his own models and textures, there are certain things that will be looked over once more at a later date (visual upgrade is a reason to it).

c. thank you for the kind words, everyone with RHS tries his best to provide the most accurate representation possible

In that case thanks laxeman! Ive actually been using his soundscape for a while. i didnt know he did the sounds for the mod though. Its damn near as good and in some regards better than BF sound design. Which is saying something because most big name game devs arent even that good.

Our next weapon pack update (coming soon) will have new sounds similar to the RHS pack. You are correct though, RHS set a standard that we try to emulate with our kit.

sweet, look forward to giving it a DL. And dont take my issues with the mod personal, im just a guy giving my 2 cents, bitching about pew pew noises and not lifting a finger to help. Its every mod teams right to decide what content they want to work on. Hell, its even your right not to share it with others. So in that regard thank you for sharing your content. :rthumb:

Well, complain to the other mod authors, then. :) Unfortunately, this outstanding quality is exactly why RHS isn't very suited for expanding its scope even more. Making assets this amazing takes a lot of time and manpower. They're already working hard on things currently in scope. I agree that some improvements to sounds would be called for in those other mods, as well as (optional) configs balancing them for RHS armor and such, but this has to be done by these other teams.

I'm going to get around the problem by simply having the player always use RHS stuff in my missions, with Project Opfor as enemies. If you cast lower quality mods as enemies or non-playable allies, its less jarring than when the player has to use their gear.

in the mean time i actually gave the CUP mod another go and was surprised and pleased it also was using laxmans sounds. Its decent enough content and actually has additional content from the community that had been added since the last time i tried it. So kudos to that team.

• Like 1

Some people used them some didn't

Just saying, but in my experience i never saw anyone use these. I dont recall ever seeing any unused ones either.

M203grip-Iraq-2010.jpg

tumblr_n37zyhxIhx1skaxu8o1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

They've been used all right.

Request: Add "RHS_WEAP_AK104_DTK" to weapon classes.

Are there any Plans to add a M16A4 with M320 Grenade launcher?

I know that the USMC is switching to M4s but i think the M16A4 is still something like a Marine Trademark.

Are there any Plans to add a M16A4 with M320 Grenade launcher?

I know that the USMC is switching to M4s but i think the M16A4 is still something like a Marine Trademark.

Sounds insane,got any photos of it?

since you touched the M320 topic - I recently handled an US Army M4A1 with a 320.

And it had SAW pistol grip mounted to the front rail thing... actually extremely comfy (which is what it was mounted for) and better then standart folding straight grip (that gets constantly taken off because it's frankly useless)

Some people used them some didn't

Fair enough. My word certainly isn't gospel. And after thinking about it, a good reason why i wouldnt see any is because the battalions i was in got issued 320s right before deployment.

What version of the Tu-95 is that? Or is that undecided?

What version of the Tu-95 is that? Or is that undecided?

MS version

• Like 1