Well, lol ... damnit :D

Is there something me as a user can do about this? Only seems to happen with the UH60's (all of them). UH1's, AH64 etc etc are all fine.

The UH60 is just a happy helicopter that cant wait to get flying.

• Like 1

I should have asked here first maybe......Our guys keep getting some weird @ace3_RHS_Compatibility_etc....error on spawn into servers. We have updated RHS (US & Russian), ACE3, CBA_A3, CUP Terrains complete, USS Nimitz, TFAR, F/A-18 Super Hornet pack, Lesh's tow mod, and FIR's Pilot & Crew pack. 

Anyone know a fix or have an answer for this?

~S

That's pretty cool.  I've recently worked with some SCANG guys and their birds are back to being Army...whatever color that is...green?  I guess they've started using Army depots again.

From what I heard, it was big-Army catching wind of it and summary Pee-pee smackings went down the chain to the person responsible for such heresy.

(I know its old, been in the field a week :o: )

I do sympathize with you though, that guy you had to shoot three times to kill, he probably just flinched when he was hit by the first two bullets and was ready to kill you by the time the third found him. I really wish ARMA had some kind of "stumble and fall" type thing that COULD happen when you took damage, but I doubt that's something we'll ever see. In this case I feel like the RHS armor values seem to be just fine here, although depending on where the shots landed, I wouldn't be surprised to see an ESAPI plate survive more than three hits with 7.62x54R.

I'm like 200% sure there are animations for flopping down prone, supine and to either side. Perhaps someone feeling so-inclined could fabricobble an addon utilizing these animations (Or someone with even greater knowledge could make their own animations) to achieve the desired effect.

However I am not that someone, nor do I intend on trying to speak the language of 1's and 0's to bend them to my will.

So is it just me or does the F22 and PAK FA have unreasonably small turn radiuses at high speeds? At 1500km/h I was able to turn 180 degrees while traversing less than 3 km and it only took 1-2 seconds. It just feels from a first person perspective to be unrealistic and something that would tear off the wings if it happened in real life. Yeah they are both designed to be agile but i do not think they are THAT agile. It just feels wrong. Perhaps slightly nerf the agility of both fighters? And to be fair g-forces constantly limit the maneuverability of aircraft anyway so a plane pulling insanely tight turns at insanely high speeds will simply break apart, so even if the current flight models for both aircraft are accurate for the aircraft's design I don't think realistically that maneuverability could be exploited without damaging the plane or having the pilot black out. Anyway just my opinion and suggestion, I could very well be wrong. What do you guys think?

From what I heard, it was big-Army catching wind of it and summary Pee-pee smackings went down the chain to the person responsible for such heresy.

(I know its old, been in the field a week :o: )

I'm like 200% sure there are animations for flopping down prone, supine and to either side. Perhaps someone feeling so-inclined could fabricobble an addon utilizing these animations (Or someone with even greater knowledge could make their own animations) to achieve the desired effect.

However I am not that someone, nor do I intend on trying to speak the language of 1's and 0's to bend them to my will.

Well regarding enemies falling when hit with a non fatal shot-TPW mods already has this. i think ACE might have it too-but TPW definitely does.

Well regarding enemies falling when hit with a non fatal shot-TPW mods already has this. i think ACE might have it too-but TPW definitely does.

I've never really used TPW, I'll have to check that out. I don't mind what ACE has done so much, but its pretty predictable, if you fatally shoot someone you see them rag doll, if not you just see them directly flop on the ground and then go through a quick "roll over" animation when they get back up, which is usually within a few seconds.

I'm not going to claim to have any real knowledge on the subject, but you would think that most people (especially trained solders), after just having been hit by a bullet, would go through some kind of an "assessment" phase of a few seconds where they try and figure out if they've been seriously wounded / are in shock or not. Whatever their reaction, it should be a bit more substantial than a split-second flinch which is just as often followed by a return shot within a second. That's nothing new with Arma though.

On the topic of armor and vests, I'm not at all sure how they did it or even how successful it was because I stopped playing the mod by then, but I remember DayZ Origins mod for Arma 2 featuring what looked like a pretty nice armor system where you had different plate carriers coupled plates of varying capability which would wear out as they took damage. There's probably a whole laundry list of reasons for why this isn't viable / hasn't been done for this game, but its an interesting idea nonetheless.

Looking around for server keys for RHS.  They use to be with the rest of the downloads.  Any idea where to find them?

So is it just me or does the F22 and PAK FA have unreasonably small turn radiuses at high speeds? At 1500km/h I was able to turn 180 degrees while traversing less than 3 km and it only took 1-2 seconds. It just feels from a first person perspective to be unrealistic and something that would tear off the wings if it happened in real life. Yeah they are both designed to be agile but i do not think they are THAT agile. It just feels wrong. Perhaps slightly nerf the agility of both fighters? And to be fair g-forces constantly limit the maneuverability of aircraft anyway so a plane pulling insanely tight turns at insanely high speeds will simply break apart, so even if the current flight models for both aircraft are accurate for the aircraft's design I don't think realistically that maneuverability could be exploited without damaging the plane or having the pilot black out. Anyway just my opinion and suggestion, I could very well be wrong. What do you guys think?

the whole flight model is just broken, nearly 100% of the stats on that plane is just wrong

Looking around for server keys for RHS.  They use to be with the rest of the downloads.  Any idea where to find them?

http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/1#download

http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/2#download

http://www.rhsmods.org/mod/3#download 

the whole flight model is just broken, nearly 100% of the stats on that plane is just wrong

http://feedback.rhsmods.org/view_all_bug_page.php
  • Like 1

Arma isn't a flight simulator, so you have to allow some exceptions for playability. Arma doesn't simulate thrust vectoring, but like I said: 28 degree/second SUSTAINED turn rate. Couldn't imagine what that feels like in the cockpit.

something worth noting is that the f22 does not always use thrust vectoring to assist in maneuvering, only when it enters post stall. I'm adding the link to an interesting video taken at red flag of a USAF officer discussing the su30MKI and F22 performance. He got a few of his "facts" wrong as out the SU30MKI (such as the engine problems) but what he said about the Raptor should be more reliable (because he is in the airforce that flies the raptor)

I might be doing something wrong, but

the firing sound of the M107 seems very underwhelming.  The animation and textures are awesome, but feels like it needs to be louder. 

Here is one video example I found online:

start around 1:18 for more shooting and less talking. 

I found this video from May 2016 and the Rifle sounds louder than the current release:

Is there a setting or sound configuration that needs to adjusted?  I can't post an example, but my M107s sound more like the M4. 

Some questions about M1069 AMP on Abrams:

1. Is M1069 in game a multipurpose round (HEAT/HE-FG) like IRL, or just a HE?

2. Will M1069 get airburst capacity in the future?

Some questions about M1069 AMP on Abrams:

1. Is M1069 in game a multipurpose round (HEAT/HE-FG) like IRL, or just a HE?

2. Will M1069 get airburst capacity in the future?

Right now M1069 works as simple HE only.

However in future hopefully it gonna get a programmable function to be airburst etc.

When? I have no idea, but it is something desired.

However M1069 is a bit tricky because contrary to other programmable HE rounds that have only two operating modes - explode on impact and airburst, M1069 have three operating more, same explode on impact, airburst and then there is delay/armor piercing mode, where this round can even penetrate armor of older tanks like T-55 and explode inside, making an absolute carnage.

Try RuPal's weapon holding mod. Requires ACE as well, in order to use the change-grip actions.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29773

After the latest major RHS update, ruPal's Weapon Holding is no longer working :/ I find myself not playing the Russians as much anymore I'm so annoyingly picky.

• Like 1

Once again I am using RHS on my server but am having an issue because I use ACE as well..is there a compatability Mod I need to use..Ive gotten conflicting answers some say move a file on the server and some say there is a Mod..can anyone clarify and direct me to where the Mod if any I might need?

Much appreciated..

Diesel

After the latest major RHS update, ruPal's Weapon Holding is no longer working :/ I find myself not playing the Russians as much anymore I'm so annoyingly picky.

Same here, well i playing Russians but with US weapons :). Really miss the old AK holding. BTW here some special forces training with mag holding...https://youtu.be/KrMMswZkolc

Once again I am using RHS on my server but am having an issue because I use ACE as well..is there a compatability Mod I need to use..Ive gotten conflicting answers some say move a file on the server and some say there is a Mod..can anyone clarify and direct me to where the Mod if any I might need?

Much appreciated..

Diesel

The RHS ACE compat is made by ACE if I recall correctly. Check your @ace mod folder, there's probably an 'optional' folder with various compatability sub-mods/PBO's.

I did get a feedback, but seems they are not going to change that soon, it's a negative on their side

Can you link the issue please?

I find myself not playing the Russians as much anymore I'm so annoyingly picky.

Same here, well i playing Russians but with US weapons :). Really miss the old AK holding. BTW here some special forces training with mag holding...https://youtu.be/KrMMswZkolc

we had multiple people here (on BIF), on facebook and our feedback tracker asking that we change the hand animations for the AKs....it seems we cannot please anyways.

In case you want the older hand anim to be used, feel free to make your own small config, the old .rtm file is still available.

Much appreciated..

i'd suggest you contact the creators of these compatibility files then, because it isn't RHS who made or maintain these...

The old hand animations looked awful, I hated seeing militiamen wield their AKM's like they where HSLD operators.

• Like 3

I've just seen the picture of the AK with new stock on facebook and that was exactly what i was waiting for. It looks beautiful, but I am curious about one thing; Will they have the same foregrip mechanics with m4s?

• Like 1

I've just seen the picture of the AK with new stock on facebook and that was exactly what i was waiting for. It looks beautiful, but I am curious about one thing; Will they have the same foregrip mechanics with m4s?

glad you like it, had to do it using scarce ru refs...for foregrips, yes, that's the intention

• Like 3

glad you like it, had to do it using scarce ru refs...for foregrips, yes, that's the intention

post-27460-Putin-aw-yiss-meme-721a.png

• Like 2