Call me picky, but I reaaally really preferred when characters held AKs on the magazine, not below the barrel. It just looks that much sexier to me. Is there any way to make them do so again?

Interesting,who would use it.Airborne Recon teams?

Probably would be used in the recon company and as a general utility and multi-purpose vehicle. Don't know what makes this variant especially suited to being flung out of airplanes. It would be nice to see a variant that can carry and launch drones rapidly.

Um I just realized that the T72 when destroyed BLOWS IT"S TURRET OFF!!!!! I tried to duplicate it but it only happened just that once!!! :D THUMBS UP RHS!!!

• Like 2

Some screenshots for RHS Russian stuff..

Hope I didn't offend anybody..

2675350.jpg

2675352.jpg

• Like 3

I hope it didn't offend anybody..

I'm sorry but how can it offend anybody, am I missing something?

• Like 2

I'm sorry but how can it offend anybody, am I missing something?

It's just referring to some posts that have since been removed by me-leave it at that and let's stay on topic :)

• Like 2

Some screenshots for RHS Russian stuff..

Hope I didn't offend anybody..

2675350.jpg

2675352.jpg

No, not offended but feeling strangely insecure about my thumb size..

• Like 5

Was hoping for some guidance.

I use the below code to extract units types for a mission purpose.  It works on vanilla type configs but not RHS.  I realize in the config it mentions an ALIVE category but not sure if that is a workaround i can use or i have to modify this code.  Any tips?  Please keep in mind when it comes to configs and scripting in general, i am still in the learning process.  Thanks!

CODE:

{
	_thisGroup = (configName _x);
	if (!(["recon", _thisGroup, false] call BIS_fnc_inString)) then {
		eInfGroups2 pushBack _x;

{
			_thisClass = ((configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> EAST >> rhs_faction_msv >> "Infantry" >> _thisGroup >> (configName _x) >> "vehicle") call BIS_fnc_GetCfgData);
			eInfGroupUnits2 pushBack _thisClass;
		} forEach ("true" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> EAST >> rhs_faction_msv >> "Infantry" >> _thisGroup));
	};
} forEach ("true" configClasses (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> EAST >> rhs_faction_msv >> "Infantry"));

Try RuPal's weapon holding mod. Requires ACE as well, in order to use the change-grip actions.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29773

Call me picky, but I reaaally really preferred when characters held AKs on the magazine, not below the barrel. It just looks that much sexier to me. Is there any way to make them do so again?

So the mosin nagant takes around 3 hits in the chest to kill a standard US army infantrymen. Thats a bit silly. No personal armor is really gonna stop that round. 

Makes it especially useless since its bolt action. 

lets also not forget the complete inconsistency that is the A3 hitpoint damage system (specifically Case A vs Case B and also Case C)

Eh I don't know about that dragonfire, SAPI's aren't bulletproof but they also do work after getting hit once. I wouldn't say that taking three shots up close would be a guaranteed kill, IRL that depends on shot placement as well. If you hit untouched strike face, you can take a lot of hits (your ribs won't be very happy though).

As for 7.62x54R / 7.62x51 NATO, they both go transonic around 800m IRL from normal length barrels, something like a mosin might get a little more oomph though. At 1000m the round will have lost a lot of energy and would be subsonic, I'd say that ESAPI's (what we use now) would do just fine against multiple shots at distance. Even up close, an ESAPI would do fine, as long as the shots didn't hit the same spot.

As for Arma, until we have proper SAPI simulation there's no good system to implement armor logically.

• Like 5

So the mosin nagant takes around 3 hits in the chest to kill a standard US army infantrymen. Thats a bit silly. No personal armor is really gonna stop that round. 

So what you're really saying is... that a bolt action rifle made in 1891 is grossly obsolete in the face of modern body armor and assault rifles? Who'd a thunk it?   

Well, lol ... damnit :D
Is there something me as a user can do about this? Only seems to happen with the UH60's (all of them). UH1's, AH64 etc etc are all fine.

• Like 6

watch?v=xC0NHpVgrR4

Is there something me as a user can do about this? Only seems to happen with the UH60's (all of them). UH1's, AH64 etc etc are all fine.

doubt it, i would assume it is related to the fact that the rest of vehicles you mentioned have no springs or wheels...

Roger that!

Maybe a bit of mis-wording from my side but I did try all RHS helicopters from all three packs so this does include a few other wheeled ones, at least wheeled visually (like the mentioned AH64's but also CH47, CH53, Mi24 etc but also a few planes; C130, F22, Su-25 and the A10). It's just the UH60's that does the spring-lambada.

Edit: tried one of each vehicle type from all sides (so cars, trucks, tanks, IFVs, you name it). Only vehicle affected is the UH60. I know it's a mod compatibility issue and not a bug per sé, do you want me to report it on the tracker at all or should I just drop it? ;)

Roger that!

Maybe a bit of mis-wording from my side but I did try all RHS helicopters from all three packs so this does include a few other wheeled ones, at least wheeled visually (like the mentioned AH64's but also CH47, CH53, Mi24 etc but also a few planes; C130, F22, Su-25 and the A10). It's just the UH60's that does the spring-lambada.

Edit: tried one of each vehicle type from all sides (so cars, trucks, tanks, IFVs, you name it). Only vehicle affected is the UH60. I know it's a mod compatibility issue and not a bug per sé, do you want me to report it on the tracker at all or should I just drop it? ;)

Yes please add it, I think it is a LOD issue.

So the mosin nagant takes around 3 hits in the chest to kill a standard US army infantrymen. Thats a bit silly. No personal armor is really gonna stop that round

That's an old standard issue SAPI plate (probably from the 80s-early 90s) vs. a 7.62x54R API (Armor-Piercing Incindiary) round at 30 yards. Safe to say that if the plate can defeat API, the typical FMJ rounds that are much more common for that caliber aren't going to stand a chance. That said, I sure wouldn't want to be the guy wearing that vest (I like my ribs right where they are, not broken) but it did get the job done. How well it would weather another round is another question all together. I think its quite certain that another round in the same area would penetrate. There's also a good chance that with the amount of punishment its received, the rest of the ceramic is probably cracked and even with a hit high on the plate, its effectiveness would be degraded.

I do sympathize with you though, that guy you had to shoot three times to kill, he probably just flinched when he was hit by the first two bullets and was ready to kill you by the time the third found him. I really wish ARMA had some kind of "stumble and fall" type thing that COULD happen when you took damage, but I doubt that's something we'll ever see. In this case I feel like the RHS armor values seem to be just fine here, although depending on where the shots landed, I wouldn't be surprised to see an ESAPI plate survive more than three hits with 7.62x54R.

As for the Mosin-Nagant being useless, its only as useless as the person using it. If you try to use it as a sniper rifle, or think you can run up on a group and drop five of them with one shot kills because its 7.62x54R, guess again. On the other hand, if you try to use it like the Afghans have used the Lee-Enfield for the past 30 or so years, taking shots at the enemy while you are either outside or just barely inside their effective range in hopes of slowing or even stopping their progress, then it might just be the gun for you.

• Like 5

ROFL, its got something to do with Physics X I believe. 

I seem to remember someone saying it a while back on the CuP thread because some vehicles would freak out like that on the Nimitz too 

• Like 1

We would also like to announce that the next major patch, 0.4.2, will be the first patch that will officially support Steam Workshop as an alternate way to download RHS mods.

Some of you will wonder why we are taking this step now when previously we strictly avoided uploading our mods to the Steam Workshop. It is commonly known within the Armaverse that by uploading your mod to the Workshop, you basically give all rights to Valve. This is only half true, because in Steam Workshop License Section 6, it states:

“Notwithstanding the license described in Section 6.A., Valve will only have the right to modify or create derivative works from your Workshop Contribution in the following cases: (a) Valve may make modifications necessary to make your Contribution compatible with Steam and the Workshop functionality or user interface, and ( B) Valve or the applicable developer may make modifications to Workshop Contributions that are accepted for in-Application distribution as it deems necessary or desirable to enhance gameplay.

You may, in your sole discretion, choose to remove a Workshop Contribution from the applicable Workshop pages. If you do so, Valve will no longer have the right to use, distribute, transmit, communicate, publicly display or publicly perform the Workshop Contribution, except that (a) Valve may continue to exercise these rights for any Workshop Contribution that is accepted for distribution in-game or distributed in a manner that allows it to be used in-game, and ( B) your removal will not affect the rights of any Subscriber who has already obtained access to a copy of the Workshop Contribution.â€

This clause only affects files that the mod creator uploads to the Workshop. So in our terms, it means every *.pbo. The source files and the rights for them are still retained by the original authors. Valve does not take the rights for those from us, nor forbids the EULA anything else.

So why did we take the step to upload the mod to the Workshop?

Because it has several positive effects:

•         The bandwidth and amount of data we are pushing through the internet is unbelievable. With 0.4.1 we reached about 50 TB (yes, Terabytes!) of data volume by the end of the month, while our provider only allows for 30TB of free volume per month.

•         After each release, the download speed for all clients drops dramatically due to the sheer amount of people downloading. Steam's infrastructure is way better at handling this.

•         Steam Workshop, for most users, is comparatively easier to use than our updater.

•         A more streamlined and easier release mechanism.

•         BI's continuing improvements and Workshop integration on the Arma3 Launcher, providing support for automatically downloading mods from the Workshop when needed.

As you can see the list of positive points is quite long but there are definitely some negative points that have meant that we were unable to smoothly transition to Steam Workshop.

These points will be discussed further with the release of 0.4.2 and we hope you can understand and support our movement to the Steam Workshop. Steam Workshop will hopefully allow more users to easily access our mods and allow us to continue to deliver this content without destroying our server bandwidth after each patch :)

Oh! I completely missed this!

For sure this will change the environment where many developers didn't uploaded anything yet due to SW eula.

Question: 

Has anyone found a work around on the new Optic System with the PVS 27 optics? I used to be able to use the M150 + AN/PVS 27, but now as soon as I pull that optic out of the box, it switches it to the 2d/3d/PIP M150 ACOG. Same if I manually spawn in the Spectre Dr with PVS 27, it converts it to the 2d/3d version. 

I do sympathize with you though, that guy you had to shoot three times to kill, he probably just flinched when he was hit by the first two bullets and was ready to kill you by the time the third found him. I really wish ARMA had some kind of "stumble and fall" type thing that COULD happen when you took damage, but I doubt that's something we'll ever see. 

ArmA 4 ?