Are we ever gonna see any form off European factions coming into the game because??? like could we see soldiers and vehicles from countries like  Germany Spain France Italy Denmark Norway Switzerland Sweden Finland Hungary Poland Estonia Netherlands Slovakia Austria Greece and even United Kingdom

i was thinking after a while it must get boring using the same units over and over and over, at some point it must get boring for mission makers and players to use and fight against the same things every time they use the mod.

and yes of course they can just download other mods but nothing is as good as RHS Escalation, yeah they can use CUP but CUP is isn't as good as RHS, CUP has just been ported over from earlier Arma games where in RHS is way better,

it has its own voices and own sounds for the AI, weapons and vehicles.

-Mr.Mustache

Well, Theres mods for spain, sweden, poland and italy already. Finland, France are WIP.

Though i'd sure like to see the Netherlands.

For German units, you can always use BWmod. They are very high quality no less than RHS, and integrate well with other mods. (except I think their Leopard 2 is a little too strong in armor...)

• Like 1

I would hardly call that a request. Just pointing out it would be nice.

even so, you seem to be a bit lost, because you are "pointing" it in the wrong thread, i don't remember when any of us said we'll create any content for any other country except US and RU. GREF is for, as we said numerous times before, non specific country assets, assets that we as a group like, and that could come in handy for different scenarios where a independent faction would be needed.

in short, if it has nothing to do with RHS, refrain from "pointing out" unrelated stuff...

Are we ever gonna see any form off European factions coming into the game because??? like could we see soldiers and vehicles from countries like  Germany Spain France Italy Denmark Norway Switzerland Sweden Finland Hungary Poland Estonia Netherlands Slovakia Austria Greece and even United Kingdom

i was thinking after a while it must get boring using the same units over and over and over, at some point it must get boring for mission makers and players to use and fight against the same things every time they use the mod.

and yes of course they can just download other mods but nothing is as good as RHS Escalation, yeah they can use CUP but CUP is isn't as good as RHS, CUP has just been ported over from earlier Arma games where in RHS is way better,

-Mr.Mustache

the above stands true for you just as well.
  • Like 8

Greetings!

Some time ago I asked a modding related questions which was I either inappropriate
and nobody 'pointed' it 'out', or it simply got lost in the way.

Here another try though:
As a long time fan of your project, and tank-fanatic I wondered how much time went into
creating a proper tank modell for A3 (as such I regard your works).
My estimation would 've been at around 360h alltogether. Does that come close?

Besides, now that there's been a lot of talk around GREF, do you plan on creating new
assets for GREF in terms of vehicles or will you resort to ports?
[Excluding those HMMV variants you been writing about earlier.
(Which I think would be some awesome additions!)]

Many thanks in advance, and if inappropriate for this thread please remove or delete!

~

It seems that there isn’t a NSN of “MK18 MOD 1â€.

Typically, an American SOF operator use a M4A1 LRG, a M4A1 URG and a CQBR URG (with 10.3 inches barrel) to “build" their rifles. 10.5 inches barrel existed in the past, but all of them were shortened to 10.3 inches. For example, in Army SF, they call them “M4 CQBRâ€.

www.dtic.mil/ndia/2003smallarms/john.ppt

In NSW, they use the MK18 MOD 1 nomenclature. It is also not a complete weapon, it’s a LRG with two URGs. I don’t think there’s a NSN of “MK18 MOD 1â€, but that’s the way NSW operators call them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/641240_Official_Mk_18_and_CQBR_Photo_and_Discussion_Thread.html&page=1010#i6965588

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_118/641240_Official_Mk_18_and_CQBR_Photo_and_Discussion_Thread.html&page=1010#i6965579

In Navy regular units, they adopt MK18 MOD 0, build by Crane, with RAS and 10.3 inch barrel. Some with a 14.5 inch barrel which make them look like M4.

In general, I think it's better to use a name like "M4A1 CQBR SOPMOD II" instead of "MK18 MOD 1". ;) 

Greetings!

Some time ago I asked a modding related questions which was I either inappropriate

and nobody 'pointed' it 'out', or it simply got lost in the way.

Here another try though:

As a long time fan of your project, and tank-fanatic I wondered how much time went into

creating a proper tank modell for A3 (as such I regard your works).

My estimation would 've been at around 360h alltogether. Does that come close?

Besides, now that there's been a lot of talk around GREF, do you plan on creating new

assets for GREF in terms of vehicles or will you resort to ports?

[Excluding those HMMV variants you been writing about earlier.

(Which I think would be some awesome additions!)]

Many thanks in advance, and if inappropriate for this thread please remove or delete!

~

depends, i doubt that anyone actually counted these, but yes, between 350 and 400 sounds pretty decent. From my own experience, i am a lot more efficient with time if i work around 6h continuous sesions. Above that i tend to lose interest, below that (especially 1h or so) i spend half of it trying to remember what was left to do and figuring where to continue from...so "work-hours" depends on how each one works and how fast a person is (not only producing but also being able to find and gather references and data to work with).

Regarding GREF - i am pretty sure there will be custom made specific vehicles at some point, but as always US and RU take priority.

• Like 1

-Mr.Mustache

Idea is great,but I doubt it would work in this modding community.Last time I saw something like this was Project Reality for BF2.But BF was kinda diffirent game(You can't run 2 modes together,so there was huge modes,which change everything) and diffirent conception(Vanilla was qoute arcade,PR makes it a bit serious,as result - huge fan community,who would like to see their own faction in mod.)

In ArmA - modding are modular and level of arcadeness depends on difficulty level.Thats why addon makers less enthusiastic and thinking about their own addons only.So for example - 3CB addons,they did create Brits faction,but it's would work with RHS,because it was never adopted for it.Or compare RH AR15,Toadies AR15 and RHS AR15.It's same weapon and should looks similar,but they don't.

Well,forget it.

You would never see thing like this.

http://projectreality.wikia.com/wiki/Factions

Where does the Marine Silver-grey coloured Apache come from? Is it a reference to something? Either way it looks good in that colour

Where does the Marine Silver-grey coloured Apache come from? Is it a reference to something? Either way it looks good in that colour

From Iraq. The gray ones were from SCANG, who had them painted in that color at a USMC dept in SC.

x30Grey_Apache_010.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Team,

There is an error still here even with the last update, and present since the first time we have the M576 Buckshot Round, the " No entry 'bin\config.bin.hitArmor' " error pop when hiting an entity with this ammunition.

There is absolutely no error using the M590 shotguns, if that can help.

Thanks for the work !

From Iraq. The gray ones were from SCANG, who had them painted in that color at a USMC dept in SC.

That's pretty cool.  I've recently worked with some SCANG guys and their birds are back to being Army...whatever color that is...green?  I guess they've started using Army depots again.

I try to adapt RHS weapons  with  active protection system (AIS ) for personal usage. Can anyone say me what is wrong in the classnames? It work perfect with rhs rpg7,rpg26,m136,Javelin   But doesn`t work with static launchers (TOW ,konkurs,metis ..)

// Call & cache functions
call compile preprocessFile "Baked_AIS\Baked_AIS_fnc.sqf";

// List of weapons/launchers
baps_weapons = [
"missiles_titan",
"launch_RPG32_F",
"launch_Titan_short_F",
"launch_B_Titan_short_F",
"launch_O_Titan_short_F",
"launch_I_Titan_short_F",
"launch_Titan_F",
"launch_B_Titan_F",
"launch_O_Titan_F",
"launch_I_Titan_F",
"launch_NLAW_F",
"launch_B_Titan_short_tna_F",
"launch_O_Titan_short_ghex_F",
"launch_RPG32_ghex_F",
"launch_RPG7_F",
"rhs_weap_rpg26",
"rhs_weap_rpg18",
"rhs_weap_rpg7",
"rhs_weap_9k11",
"rhs_weap_9m111",
"rhs_weap_9m133",
"rhs_weap_9m119",
"rhs_weap_9M120_launcher",
"rhs_weap_9K114_launcher",
"Rhs_weap_TOW_Launcher",
"rhs_weap_fgm148",
"rhs_weap_M136",
"rockets_Skyfire"];

Thats pretty cool, that paintjob looks better on the Apache then the woodland camo IMO 

https://southfront.org/russian-airborne-troops-to-receive-airborne-version-of-tigr-all-terrain-vehicle/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I stumbled across this today, it seems the VDV are getting a upgraded version of the Tigr. It doesn't seem like  a major upgrade, it seems like its a special version that can survive being para dropped out of a IL-76. Though it was worth sharing with you guys 

• Like 3

https://southfront.org/russian-airborne-troops-to-receive-airborne-version-of-tigr-all-terrain-vehicle/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I stumbled across this today, it seems the VDV are getting a upgraded version of the Tigr. It doesn't seem like  a major upgrade, it seems like its a special version that can survive being para dropped out of a IL-76. Though it was worth sharing with you guys 

Interesting,who would use it.Airborne Recon teams?

I try to adapt RHS weapons  with  active protection system (AIS ) for personal usage. Can anyone say me what is wrong in the classnames? It work perfect with rhs rpg7,rpg26,m136,Javelin   But doesn`t work with static launchers (TOW ,konkurs,metis ..)

The classes you're looking for are:

"Rhs_weap_TOW_Launcher_static",
"rhs_weap_9K115_2_launcher",
"rhs_weap_9K133_launcher"

In the future you can add the following snippet in Baked_AIS_fnc.sqf line 15 to quickly get the current weapon's class name.

hint _weapon;
copyToClipboard _weapon;

Your USMC boys are looking sick on Tanoa :)

hrAbZWj.jpg

• Like 7

Is there a list of the tank names and their corresponding numbers?

Aren't the numbers randomly generated within a range (from -> to)? Just a guess.

Will we be seeing any more OMON patterns, like we see in the BTR series? Be great for mission making!  :)

Edit:

The newly formed national guard could be put in with the Russian Forces now, with some of those Ministry of the Interior troops.

And on a somewhat different note, could where could one find documentation concerning the decals for Platoon and Army units on the vehicles.