As a former Soviet republic in ArmA verse, they would rather use some Soviet made SPG.

They'd probably use BM-21's, BM-27 and maybe a 2S7 Pion?

Reskinned 2S3M1(already part of AFRF) will be reasonable choice. Maybe 2S1 if it's planned for Russia of course.

Czech don't have Kord and "ASG-90" (you mean AGS-30, right?), just soviet leftovers in form of DSHK and AGS-17 at best. IMO possible CDF humvees should have the same weaponry on them. Maybe NSV and PK as well, but definately not modern Kord, PKP and etc.

Regarding camo scheme - standart US woodland will be good (if we assume what CDF received US surplus recently and in mint condition), just slap CDF yellow star in green circle on them and maybe that quick id white lines like in Ukraine.

Kord, NSVT, PKP, PKM... for me they are just russian guns for vehicles :P

• Like 2

They'd probably use BM-21's, BM-27 and maybe a 2S7 Pion?

Reskinned 2S3M1(already part of AFRF) will be reasonable choice. Maybe 2S1 if it's planned for Russia of course.

Yeah BM-21 and 2S3M1 are reasonable at this moment. MistyRonin? ;)

Just paint it in rust'n'dirt top to bottom. Should do the part...  :ph34r:

Generally speaking, a suppressed 5.56 isn't too boomy anymore when it comes to the weapon itself, the prominent sound from up-close will be the weapon's mechanical parts.

What still remains when using supersonic ammo, though, is the supersonic crack which generates a strong echo feedback from the environment. (Audible as a "swoosh" in scarecrow's video, however the shooter is shooting on very flat terrain with not much to reflect from)

A good summary of what happens.  Another thing that can happen is you'll be able to tell "where" someone is shooting at (if at the shooter) by the echo of the crack.  Recently at a local competition, someone was missing the target, but we couldn't figure where he was hitting.  If you listened to his next shot, you could hear the round echoing through the trees past the target (and the berm!) and we could tell him he was shooting too high.

The new weapons overall sound great, Lax, I take back my earlier complaint about "boominess."  On the subject of suppressed sounds, personally I find them to be a little quiet when shooting from first person, as I don't hear the crack of the round that I do in real life (same gun...6921 upper, same suppressor), but when I move the camera forward of the muzzle, it sounds pretty top notch.

In the end, I can live without the crack in first person because it kind of simulates wearing ear pro.  Plus, everything else is such a joy, it's really not worth quibbling over, at least to me.  Thanks for the update!

• Like 2

Kord, NSVT, PKP, PKM... for me they are just russian guns for vehicles :P

Not sure if we can really have a solid argument either way for the equipment choice of a fictional country, haha...

Of course, this will be amplified when shooting inside a forest (like in this old dude's video... also, his camera is definitely not made for audio recording :D)

Even with professional equipment and a ridiculous budget there are so many variables with just the equipment type, location, recording, etc that it's impossible to perfectly replicate any sound in game. Maybe one day in a dedicated audio/physics engine but until then all we can hope for is a reasonably accurate representation that is appealing to hear over and over again, which in my opinion is what you've done ;)  

Here's a video example of what I mean

Even then it's still tweaked and changed for the game. The only time I can even think of even production audio being used from on location shooting would be in Heat...

Edit: Son of a, this forum should really merge double posts.

You're right, it was a DSHK.  :D

Yah and the woodland would be a nice idea. Maybe it would end up something like the Polish Humvees 

http://www.armyrecognition.com/europe/Pologne/MSPO/MSPO_2007_Defence_Exhibition_Poland/pictures/Humvee_MSPO_2007_Defence_Exhibition_Polish_army_001.jpg

I think we targed something like the Croatian HMMWVs

• Like 3

THis is something Gurdy and me planned: Taking the HMMWVs and putting russian weaponry on it. So a HMMWV with Kord or PKP in full green.

ANA%20M1151_with_DSHK.jpg

DShK-M could be better.Such kind used by Polish,Czech and as you can see on photo - A-stan.

A little offtop,but my suggestion for GREF - FN MAG,without picatiny rail.Perfect variant - MG42(Aka Yugoslavian M53).

Yes,no,maybe,but still.

p.s. I could make DShK-M 3d model,but yet kinda busy and already have some projects todo.

I think we targed something like the Croatian HMMWVs

Just to be clear, HMMWVs in the video are owned by Serbian Armed Forces.

Here's a photo album from the 2015. Croatian Armed Forces military parade. In there you can find couple of Croatian HMMWV photos.

• Like 1

http://plays.tv/video/5799c6ba38d8c57289/comparison-rhs-m249-pip-bi-lim-85-m249-spw-muzzle-flash?from=user

First weapon is RHS M249, second is the newly added LIM-85 which is just an M249 SPW. I have fired both in what I consider to be well-lit scenarios. You simply cannot track a target after firing a burst with the current M249, this is extremely unrealistic. BI have implemented muzzle flash a lot better here. 

It's a possibility we could study. Specially the BM-21.  :)

• Like 2

ANA%20M1151_with_DSHK.jpg

DShK-M could be better.Such kind used by Polish,Czech and as you can see on photo - A-stan.

A little offtop,but my suggestion for GREF - FN MAG,without picatiny rail.Perfect variant - MG42(Aka Yugoslavian M53).

Yes,no,maybe,but still.

p.s. I could make DShK-M 3d model,but yet kinda busy and already have some projects todo.

Polish Army do not use DShKM on HMMWV's. We either use UKM-2000's on them or WKM-B. UKM-2000 is a PKM converted to NATO 7,62x51mm ammo, and WKM-B is NSV converted to NATO 12,7x99mm ammo. ;)

It's a possibility we could study. Specially the BM-21.   :)

I would also go for 2S3M1, simply because SPG would also be nice addition, however I would perhaps reduce ammo types for CDF to HE, Smoke, maybe something else, but without many "special" types of ammo?

*edit* sorry, i'm stupid... tried to reply to some post 10+ pages ago

• Like 1

I would also go for 2S3M1, simply because SPG would also be nice addition, however I would perhaps reduce ammo types for CDF to HE, Smoke, maybe something else, but without many "special" types of ammo?

Good idea, I think laser guided one can be removed.

It also can be easily "downgraded" (renamed) to 2S3, smaller ammo storage (40 vs 46) but basically looks the same. But that's not really that important details.

edit: just checked it out, there is no HEAT round currently for Russian 2S3M1 - this one will be nice addition for CDF. :D

Polish Army do not use DShKM on HMMWV's. We either use UKM-2000's on them or WKM-B. UKM-2000 is a PKM converted to NATO 7,62x51mm ammo, and WKM-B is NSV converted to NATO 12,7x99mm ammo. ;)

Woops my bad.

Still - rather like to see DShK-M,than NSV mounted on HMMWV.

I think all this mod is missing now is some mid eastern factions for use as opfor. Some sort of militia. It would be nice to get rid of leights opfor. The less mods I have to use, the better! Especially since this is coming to steam workshop and leights isnt on there. 

I have another question, why can you mount a 9mm pistol suppressor to the M320 sidearm XD ?

I think all this mod is missing now is some mid eastern factions for use as opfor. Some sort of militia. It would be nice to get rid of leights opfor. The less mods I have to use, the better! Especially since this is coming to steam workshop and leights isnt on there. 

Leights is on the wrokshop

Hello,

i have just detected a little problem of braces placement in the "rhsusf_c_weapons" config.cpp :

class CfgWeapons {
	class Default;	// External class reference

class Put : Default {
		};
		class GrenadeLauncher;	// External class reference

class Throw : GrenadeLauncher {
			};
		};
Sorry in advance if this has already been reported.

Leights is on the wrokshop

Leight is a content thief. I don't think anyone should be giving him advertisement.

• Like 4